Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a major impact on network architecture, security, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Lincoln company to pick the right technologies and follow leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you over occasional technical roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Lincoln, Nebraska organizations to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-from-home environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from major vendors support virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many companies use a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help you to manage your existing conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables real-time presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex and for other video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with features that include IP voice and video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your network infrastructure to host them.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Lincoln, Nebraska business, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.