Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a major effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of background assisting SMBs to design, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Lincoln company to select the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand expertise for getting you past occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent can help Lincoln, Nebraska companies to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk augmentation, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the network infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be particularly complicated if you must accommodate a combination of personal hardware like PCs and laptops, routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering remote support for both outdated and modern technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Services offered by Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authorized remote employees to use IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a telecommuter to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers more control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for configuring routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting the whole family and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering services like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Line-of-business processes may require backup Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for identifying Internet service providers, picking appropriate service packages, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the company phone environment to accommodate teleworkers is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based IP voice products are used by SMBs to support telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to plan or tune a remote IP voice environment that delivers the flexibility, transparency and protection needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide advanced support to help organizations optimize their existing Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers high-end telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed across the network. CUCM manages other mixed media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, visit CUCM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, visit Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients operating outside the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network architecture to support these solutions and provide online configuration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from major vendors support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many companies utilize a mix of products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent can help you to maintain your current conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex as well as for other IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features such as IP voice and video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams as well as for additional Office 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
help you to optimize your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, providing a powerful environment of applications that deliver a consistent user experience for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial releases and can assist businesses to configure these critical collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-driven delivery of data, business processes, and tools for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to create protected portals that enables at-home workers to see and edit consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, go to planning and configuration consulting for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can retrieve them securely via a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home employees to jointly author files. Revisions created offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's support services for OneDrive, go to Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide affordable remote assistance for helping businesses to create, manage and optimize cohesive network architectures that include internal data centers, at-home workers, branches, plus public cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers resolve problems with cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers over 100 cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and design backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create protected access to Azure for remote workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting services for Azure, visit Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity software and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Microsoft apps and services are marketed in a variety of plans designed for customers ranging from students and small offices to major enterprises. Progent offers fast and easy online access to experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to evaluate the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 consulting services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local Exchange environments, allowing you to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange experts can provide as-needed assistance to get you through challenging IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your telecommuters have convenient and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's leading source of cloud services. Progent offers fast and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to design, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to create a high-availability network model so your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud is a leading suite of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your critical applications cloud ready so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist you to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access management for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help your business to use GCP's management tools to control and track your Google Cloud environment. To learn, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Remote Workers
A rapid, enterprise-wide changeover to a teleworker workforce, which might be driven by a pandemic or as a component of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Call Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or expand their Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services utilize Progent's extensive network of online technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking technology to offer an affordable, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 desktop support from help requests through ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to track or revise their active tickets, add information, and append screenshots or attachments. Technical support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent offers the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with complex problems. To learn more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service enables your company to supplement your existing Support Desk team by sharing delivery of Call Center services transparently between your in-house IT support personnel and Progent's nationwide team of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service uses a collective support solution based on the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for handling service requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and generating reports. For information about how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can enable your business to deliver world-class IT support to your teleworkers, go to Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
At-home workers often run their own equipment and work in a physically unsecured space. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and calls for careful use of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of security policies that follow best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity professionals can help your organization to plan, implement and administer a compliant cybersecurity solution that safeguards vital information in networks that incorporate at-home workers.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network environment that can be safely utilized by local users and by teleworkers, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances allow you to configure and control different permissions to various groups of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both current and older firewall appliances from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support services, refer to firewall configuration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate devices used by telecommuters and either reject or spot and respond to modern threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is installed on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art AI technology to detect zero-day attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the targeted device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints remain protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all types of outside and internal security attacks for an environment that includes remote workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated security inventory software for rapidly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be provided by data security experts with advanced credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your processes and policies and review your network architecture to enable you to design top-level protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and restoring vital information so as to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time in the event of storage failures resulting from hardware breakdowns, programming glitches, user mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for at-home workers must address multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast remote help from consultants knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes granular restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies often anticipate circumstances that call for a rapid changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning specialists can help your company to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager offers a unified platform for protecting critical information by managing on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for accessing data and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share data, set up threat protection, verify security compliance, and delete sensitive information from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For information about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your at-home workforce, refer to Intune remote endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management product that helps network managers to keep remote endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product via a perpetual license. Top features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. To learn about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Lincoln, Nebraska organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.