Enlarging your remote workforce may have a major effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Lincoln company to pick the appropriate tools and follow leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent offers services that go from on demand expertise for helping you past occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Lincoln, Nebraska organizations to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Call Desk outsourcing, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be especially complicated if you must accommodate a mix of personal hardware like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online support for both outdated as well as current IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making essential updates. Services available from Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to establish a safe connection for authenticated remote employees to access IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow an at-home worker to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert online consulting for integrating routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting the whole family and guests, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause performance and security problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by delivering expertise like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Business-critical applications might demand redundant Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for selecting Internet service providers, picking appropriate service packages, and configuring high-availability Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
VoIP Solutions for At-Home Workers
Expanding the company phone system to accommodate remote users is critical to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are popular with SMBs to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or legacy products for VoIP management. Progent can assist organizations of any size to plan or tune a remote VoIP environment that provides the flexibility, convenience and security needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide high-level support to help businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers high-end IP telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional mixed media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM support, visit CUCM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to support your current CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, see Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide range of voice/video conferencing products from leading vendors enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many companies use a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports real-time presence, IM, audio and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home employees. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities such as voice/video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to tune your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich ecosystem of applications that create a consistent user interface for sharing information across a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can help businesses to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to enable collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-based access to content, business processes, and utilities for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to create protected portals that permits at-home workforce to view and edit aggregated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, visit SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, see planning and configuration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can share them securely via a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home employees to co-edit files. Revisions created offline are uploaded when you go back online. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent can provide affordable online assistance for helping organizations to build, maintain and optimize integrated hybrid network models that include physical data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, plus public cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers fix issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers more than one hundred services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create secure connections to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's support services for Azure, see Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a variety of plans designed for customers ranging from students and small offices to large enterprises. Progent can provide quick and easy online contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to assess the various subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve maximum business value. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 integration services.
Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts are available for as-needed help to get you through challenging technical roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to make sure your teleworkers have easy and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Office 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your organization to design, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to build a high-availability network model so your users have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to scale your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your mission-critical applications cloud friendly so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access management for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent can also help your business to use GCP's management technology to control and track your GCP ecosystem. For information, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Support for Teleworkers
A sudden, organization-wide switchover to a from-home business model, which could be driven by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery plan, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations of any size to outsource or expand their Help Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services leverage Progent's extensive team of online technical support specialists along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to offer an economical, modern Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 PC support from help requests through ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to monitor or revise the status of their current trouble tickets, add details, and upload screen captures and relevant files. Technical support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent makes available optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with complex issues. To learn more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service allows your business to augment your existing Call Desk organization by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk support seamlessly between your in-house support staff and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service is based on a co-sourcing support model based on the leading professional services automation tool for handling help requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and producing reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can help your business to deliver world-class technical support to your telecommuters, visit Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
At-home workers commonly run their own equipment and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and demands judicious use of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security experts can assist your business to plan, deploy and administer a compliant security environment that guards critical data in networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network that can be securely accessed by local users and by at-home workers, mobile users, vendors, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to assign and manage appropriate permissions to different groups of users and to scale your network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly complex. Progent supports both new and older firewall devices from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, go to firewall integration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate computers used by telecommuters and either block or spot and respond to modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to detect new threats at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the targeted endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay protected even when they are offline. For details about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all types of outside and local security threats for a network that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can run remote, automated security inventory scanning for rapidly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be provided by network security experts with advanced credentials including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your workflows and policies and review your WAN architecture to allow you to implement the highest level of protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical information so as to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time in case of storage problems due to equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, operator error, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to design and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for remote workers must address diverse kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast online help from experts familiar with a wide array of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes granular restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies often anticipate circumstances that call for a quick switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help your company to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized platform for protecting corporate data by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting mobile computers and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and validate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, control how home-based workers share information, set up threat defense, ensure security compliance, and wipe sensitive data from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To learn about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, refer to Intune remote device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment via a perpetual license. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Lincoln, Nebraska company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.