Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a major impact on IT infrastructure, security, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Lincoln company to pick the appropriate tools and follow best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand guidance for helping you past occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Lincoln, Nebraska organizations to with any aspect of building a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote workforce can be especially challenging if you must manage a combination of worker-owned equipment such as PCs and notebooks, routers, and wireless APs from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote support for both legacy as well as modern IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help you to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to establish a safe connection for authenticated at-home employees to access IT resources located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers substantial control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online consulting for integrating routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by an entire household and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Business-critical applications might require backup Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for selecting service providers, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Lincoln, Nebraska company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.