Expanding your at-home workforce may have a significant impact on network architecture, security, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Lincoln company to select the right technologies and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you over challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Lincoln, Nebraska businesses to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning work-from-home environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Call Desk services, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote work environment can be particularly complicated if you have to accommodate a combination of personal equipment like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online help for both legacy and modern technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to help you to create a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to use IT resources situated at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a broad range of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a telecommuter to view and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This gives network managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures them a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online support for deploying home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting an entire household and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Line-of-business processes may require backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for selecting Internet service providers, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and integrating redundant Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Lincoln, Nebraska organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.