Expanding your remote workforce can have a major effect on network infrastructure, security, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Louisville company to select the right tools and follow leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns top business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you past challenging IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Louisville, Kentucky companies to with any facet of building a high-performing work-from-home environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide range of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support online discussions, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies use a mix of products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist you to maintain your current conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your remote workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's support services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex as well as for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities such as IP voice and video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Office 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to tune your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Louisville, Kentucky organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.