Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant impact on IT architecture, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Louisville organization to pick the right technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you over occasional technical roadblocks to full project management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Louisville, Kentucky organizations to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk augmentation, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies enable online meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite workers and teleworkers. Many companies use a mix of products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent can assist you to manage your existing voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that supports presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features such as voice/video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your network architecture to run them.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Louisville, Kentucky business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.