Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a major effect on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting SMBs to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Lubbock company to select the appropriate tools and follow leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you past challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Lubbock, Texas organizations to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complicated if you have to manage a mix of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote support for both legacy as well as current technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist you to create a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to create a secure connection for authorized remote workers to use IT assets situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a teleworker to view and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers substantial control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for integrating home routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting the whole family and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering services like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration help.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Business-critical processes might demand redundant Internet access in case the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for identifying Internet service providers, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and setting up high-availability Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your Lubbock, Texas organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.