Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a major effect on network architecture, security, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of experience assisting SMBs to design, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Manchester organization to pick the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns top business value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed guidance for helping you past occasional technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Manchester, New Hampshire businesses to with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-from-home environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be especially challenging if you have to manage a mix of personal equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from different vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote support for both outdated and current technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a secure connection for authorized at-home workers to access IT assets situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a wide range of devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable an at-home worker to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers substantial control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online consulting for integrating home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting an entire household and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by providing services like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Line-of-business processes might demand backup Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for picking ISPs, picking appropriate service packages, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for Teleworkers
Expanding the company PBX environment to accommodate remote users is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based IP voice products are popular with SMBs to server teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for VoIP management. Progent can help businesses of any size to design or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that delivers the flexibility, convenience and protection needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends high-end telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps used throughout the network. CUCM manages other mixed media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, see CUCM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to support your existing CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients operating outside the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to work with these solutions and deliver as-needed integration and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors enable online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many companies use multiple products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can help you to maintain your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with features such as IP voice and video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help you to tune your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a consistent user interface for sharing information throughout multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original releases and can help businesses to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to facilitate collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-based access to content, business processes, and tools for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create secure portals that enables remote workers to see and edit aggregated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, go to SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, go to integration consulting for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can retrieve them securely via a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to co-author files. Revisions made offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. To learn about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent offers fast and affordable online support for helping organizations to build, maintain and repair integrated network architectures that include physical data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus public cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers resolve problems with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Azure is a popular platform for cloud services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers over 100 cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and plan data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create secure access to Azure for telecommuters by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, go to Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity applications and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and cloud services are marketed in a selection of bundles intended for users ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent can provide quick and easy online contact with consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist your business to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your remote workers to achieve maximum business value. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 integration support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local Exchange environments, allowing you to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to get you through challenging technical roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your at-home workers have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's consulting expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, see Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the industry's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to design, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to create a high-availability network model so your users have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading collection of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your business to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your mission-critical applications cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with GCP Storage services, and streamline access control for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist your business to use GCP's unified management technology to administer and track your Google Cloud environment. To learn, see Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Services for At-Home Workers
A rapid, organization-wide switchover to a telecommuter workforce, which could be activated by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overstretch even the most efficient in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Help Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services leverage Progent's nationwide network of remote technical support experts along with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an economical, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 desktop technical support from initial help requests through trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to track or revise their active trouble tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures and attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent makes available optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve complex problems. For more information, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service enables your business to supplement your current Call Center team by sharing responsibilities for Call Center services seamlessly between your regular support personnel and Progent's nationwide pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collaborative support solution utilizing the number one PSA tool for managing help requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. For information about how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can help your company to provide best-in-class technical support to your teleworkers, go to Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Teleworkers often run their own computers and work in an unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and calls for careful deployment of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of security policies that follow best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security experts can assist you to plan, implement and manage a modern security solution that guards critical data in networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users and by telecommuters, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage different permissions to different groups of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats become more complex. Progent supports both new and older security appliances from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, refer to firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various computers utilized by remote workers and either reject or identify and respond to modern threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is installed on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using advanced behavioral threat analysis to detect new threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the impacted device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain protected even if they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of outside and local security attacks for a network that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity analysis software for rapidly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by data security professionals with top credentials including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your business to audit your workflows and governance policies and assess your network infrastructure to enable you to design top-level protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical information so as to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in the event of storage system problems due to hardware breakdowns, programming glitches, human mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for at-home workers must cover multiple types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast remote help from experts familiar with a broad array of platforms for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features granular recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly envision scenarios that require a quick switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning specialists can help your business to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a centralized platform for safeguarding critical information by controlling onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote devices and software. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to deploy and validate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how home-based workers share information, set up threat protection, ensure compliance, and erase sensitive data from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint computers of your teleworkers, go to Intune remote endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management product that allows network managers to keep offsite endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Manchester, New Hampshire business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.