Expanding your remote workforce can have a significant effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Manchester company to select the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers top value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you over occasional IT roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Manchester, New Hampshire organizations to with any aspect of building a high-performing work-from-home environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, helpdesk services, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online support for both legacy and current technologies in remote office venues enables you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to help you to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to create a secure tunnel for authorized at-home employees to use IT assets situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow an at-home worker to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers more control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for configuring home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by an entire household and guests, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create throughput as well as security problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Business-critical applications might demand redundant Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for selecting ISPs, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and configuring redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Integration for At-Home Workers
Extending the company PBX environment to include remote users is critical to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are popular with SMBs to support telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP management. Progent can assist businesses of any size to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice environment that delivers the flexibility, convenience and security required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide high-level support to assist businesses tune their current Cisco IP voice systems to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends high-end telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia software used across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional combined media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist your company to support your current CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP products, see Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your WAN infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand deployment and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad range of video conferencing products from major vendors support online discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many organizations use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for compatible iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for training. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities such as IP voice and video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams and for other Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, offering a rich environment of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user interface for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their original releases and can help your company to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to allow collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-based delivery of content, business processes, and utilities for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to build secure web portals that enables remote workers to see and edit consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint expertise, visit SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting services, see integration expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can share them securely through a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to co-author documents. Edits made offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. For details about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent offers affordable remote support for enabling organizations to build, manage and repair integrated hybrid network architectures that include physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers resolve problems with cloud access, authentication, and security.
Azure is a leading family of cloud services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over one hundred cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish secure connections to Azure for teleworkers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity software and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Office apps and services are marketed in a selection of bundles intended for users ranging from students and small offices to large corporations. Progent offers fast and easy remote contact with experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help your business to assess the various subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your telecommuters in a way that delivers maximum business value. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 consulting services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local Exchange environments, enabling you to create hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange experts are available for as-needed assistance to guide you through tough IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management services to ensure your at-home workers have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and economical online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can assist your organization to design, implement, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-availability network architecture so your employees have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the road. For details about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular collection of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your key applications cloud friendly so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage, and simplify identity management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also help your organization to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. To find out, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
An emergency, organization-wide transition to a teleworker business model, which could be the result of a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Call Center. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Call Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services leverage Progent's extensive team of remote IT support specialists along with world-class ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an affordable, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 PC support from initial help requests to ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to check or edit their current trouble tickets, add information, and append screen captures and attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent offers the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with complex issues. For more information, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service allows you to augment your existing Help Desk staff by splitting delivery of Support Desk support seamlessly between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's extensive roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service is based on a co-sourcing support solution utilizing the number one PSA platform for managing help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and producing reports. To learn how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your from-home workers, visit Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
Telecommuters often run their own computing devices and work in an unsecured area. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and demands judicious use of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of policies based on leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security experts can assist your business to plan, deploy and manage a compliant security environment that safeguards sensitive information in IT networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network environment that can be securely utilized by local users as well as by teleworkers, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and manage appropriate access rights to various classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks become more sophisticated. Progent works with both new and older security appliances from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, go to firewall support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate devices used by remote workers and either block or spot and mitigate modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning and full execution context to detect new attacks before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the infected endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints remain protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To learn more about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all classes of outside and local security threats for a network that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for rapidly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be provided by security professionals with top credentials including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your operations and governance policies and assess your WAN architecture to enable you to implement top-level security for your telecommuters.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and restoring critical information so as to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time in the event of storage system failures resulting from equipment breakdowns, programming hiccups, user mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for an at-home workforce must address multiple kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick remote access to experts familiar with a broad range of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often envision circumstances that call for a rapid switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning specialists can assist your company to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a centralized platform for protecting critical information by controlling onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote devices and software. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of teleworkers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for accessing data and resources, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share data, set up threat defense, verify security compliance, and wipe sensitive information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your teleworkers, refer to Intune mobile endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified MDM platform that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter environment for your Manchester, New Hampshire business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.