Expanding your remote workforce may have a significant effect on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and company processes. Progent has two decades of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Manchester organization to select the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand guidance for helping you over challenging IT roadblocks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Manchester, New Hampshire companies to with any aspect of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Call Desk outsourcing, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the network infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be particularly complicated if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online help for both outdated and current technologies in remote office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Services offered by Progent to assist you to create a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authorized remote workers to access IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a teleworker to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives network managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote support for setting up home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting the whole family and visitors, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by delivering services that include Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Vital applications might require redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for selecting Internet service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring redundant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Telecommuters
Extending the business phone environment to accommodate remote users is vital to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are used by SMBs to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or older products for VoIP solutions. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that delivers the flexibility, transparency and security needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer advanced support to help businesses optimize their existing Cisco VoIP systems to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers advanced telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed throughout the network. CUCM manages additional combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to maintain your current CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice products, visit CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN architecture to support these VoIP solutions and provide online integration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many organizations use multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your current conferencing ecosystem and optimize the experience of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to deploy and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex and for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include voice/video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams as well as for additional Office 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to optimize your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user experience for exchanging information across multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can help businesses to configure these critical collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to allow collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-based delivery of data, business processes, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create protected web portals that enables remote workforce to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, refer to SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting services, visit integration consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues can access them safely via a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to co-author files. Edits created offline are uploaded when you go back online. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent offers affordable online support for helping organizations to create, manage and optimize cohesive hybrid network architectures that include physical data centers, teleworkers, branches, plus public cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers resolve issues with public cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular family of public cloud services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes over 100 services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish protected access to Azure services for remote workers by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, go to Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity software and cloud-based services available by subscription. Microsoft applications and services are provided in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from students and small offices to large enterprises. Progent offers quick and easy online contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help you to assess the numerous subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your remote workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 integration services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for as-needed assistance to guide you through tough technical bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your at-home workers have easy and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's support services for Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and economical online access to cloud connectivity experts who can help your organization to plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to create a high-availability network architecture so your users have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud is a popular suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to expand your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can assist your business to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify identity control for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help your business to use GCP's management tools to control and track your GCP environment. For details, visit Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Services for Remote Workers
A rapid, company-wide transition to a teleworker workforce, which could be the result of an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses to outsource or augment their Call Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services utilize Progent's extensive team of online technical support specialists along with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking technology to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 desktop support from help requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to track or edit their current trouble tickets, enter details, and append screenshots and attachments. Support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent offers optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve advanced issues. To learn more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service enables your company to supplement your existing Help Desk team by splitting delivery of Call Desk support services seamlessly between your in-house support organization and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Support Desk service is based on a collaborative support model utilizing the number one PSA platform for managing help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can help your business to deliver best-in-class technical support to your at-home workforce, see Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Remote Workers
Telecommuters often use their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured area. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for careful use of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the creation of security policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can help your organization to design, deploy and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that guards vital data in networks that incorporate at-home workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users and by at-home workers, mobile users, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage different permissions to different classes of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security as your company evolves and as network attacks become more complex. Progent works with both current and legacy firewall appliances from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, refer to firewall support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the various computers utilized by at-home workers and either block or identify and mitigate the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on every secured endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning and full execution context to detect new threats before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the impacted endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoints stay protected even if they are offline. To find out more about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all types of outside and internal security attacks for an environment that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can run online, automated security inventory software for rapidly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by network security professionals with advanced certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your processes and governance policies and review your IT architecture to allow you to design the highest level of protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical data so as to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in case of storage system failures due to equipment issues, programming hiccups, user error, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and manage in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for telecommuters must address multiple types of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers quick remote access to consultants familiar with a broad range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and includes fine-grained recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often envision scenarios that require a rapid changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist you to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a centralized solution for protecting critical data by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote devices and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and validate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for accessing data and networks, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share information, set up threat protection, ensure compliance, and wipe sensitive data from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune runs with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. For details about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use this platform to administer the devices of your telecommuters, refer to Intune remote endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified MDM product that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a perpetual license. Key features of Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Manchester, New Hampshire company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.