Expanding your remote workforce may have a significant effect on IT architecture, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Manhattan Beach company to select the right tools and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you over occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Manhattan Beach, California companies to with any aspect of building a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk services, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be especially challenging if you must accommodate a combination of personal equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online support for both legacy as well as current IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to create a safe tunnel for authenticated remote employees to use IT assets situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a broad selection of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives network managers more control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote support for integrating home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by an entire household and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance and security issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by delivering expertise that include Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Business-critical applications might require backup Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for identifying ISPs, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and setting up redundant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Manhattan Beach, California business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.