Enlarging your remote workforce can have a significant impact on IT architecture, security, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to design, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Mesa company to pick the right technologies and follow best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you over challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Mesa, Arizona organizations to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk services, data security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure required for an at-home work environment can be especially complex if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote help for both legacy and modern IT products in remote office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help you to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authorized remote employees to use IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow an at-home worker to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This gives IT managers more control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for setting up home routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by the whole family and guests, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to mitigate these issues by delivering services like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Business-critical applications may demand redundant Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for identifying service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Teleworkers
Extending the company phone system to accommodate remote users is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based IP voice platforms are popular with SMBs to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or legacy products for IP voice management. Progent can help organizations of any size to design or tune a remote VoIP service that delivers the flexibility, transparency and protection required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide high-level support to help businesses optimize their existing Cisco IP voice systems to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers enterprise IP telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications used throughout the network. CUCM manages additional mixed media services like messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP products, see CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients working outside the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver online integration and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support online discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many organizations use multiple products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex as well as for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include IP voice and video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams as well as for additional Office 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to tune your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, offering a rich ecosystem of applications that deliver a consistent user experience for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their first releases and can assist your company to tune these critical collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to facilitate collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-based delivery of content, business processes, and tools for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to build secure portals that permits remote workers to view and edit aggregated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting services, visit planning and configuration expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can access them securely via a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to jointly author files. Edits made offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent can provide advanced online support for enabling organizations to build, manage and repair cohesive hybrid network architectures that include physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all types of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers fix issues with public cloud access, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish secure connections to Azure services for remote workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's support services for Azure, visit Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity software and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and services are provided in a variety of plans designed for customers ranging from students and households to major corporations. Progent can provide fast and affordable online access to experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist your business to evaluate the various subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your at-home workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 consulting support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with local Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide as-needed assistance to guide you through challenging IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your telecommuters have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide fast and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your organization to design, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to create a high-availability network model to make sure your employees have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular collection of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your key apps cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline access control for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help your organization to use GCP's management technology to administer and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. To learn, visit Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Support for Remote Workers
A sudden, organization-wide changeover to a teleworker workforce, which could be the result of an epidemic or as part of a business continuity plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Call Center. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Support Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services utilize Progent's nationwide network of online IT support experts along with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to provide an economical, advanced Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 PC support from help requests through trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to monitor or revise their current trouble tickets, enter information, and append screen captures and attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve complex problems. To learn more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service allows you to supplement your current Help Desk team by sharing responsibilities for Support Desk services transparently between your regular IT support organization and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Desk service uses a co-sourcing support solution based on the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and producing reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to deliver best-in-class IT support to your at-home employees, see Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Security for Remote Workers
Teleworkers often run their own computers and work in an unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands careful use of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can assist you to design, implement and administer a modern security environment that guards critical information in networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network that can be securely utilized by local users as well as by telecommuters, mobile employees, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to assign and manage appropriate access rights to various classes of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security as your business evolves and as network attacks become more sophisticated. Progent supports both current and older security devices from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall configuration services, go to firewall configuration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various devices used by at-home workers and either block or identify and respond to the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is installed on each protected endpoint device, watching all activity and using advanced behavioral threat analysis to detect new attacks on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the targeted device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all classes of external and local security threats for a network that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can run online, automated security inventory scanning for rapidly and economically detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be managed by network security experts with top certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your procedures and policies and review your WAN architecture to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and restoring vital information in order to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time in case of storage problems resulting from equipment issues, software hiccups, human mistakes, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to design and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for telecommuters must address multiple kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast online help from experts knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes granular restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically envision circumstances that call for a temporary switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning specialists can assist your business to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized environment for safeguarding critical information by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and validate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for accessing information and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, control how teleworkers share information, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and wipe sensitive information from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For information about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help your company to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, refer to Intune teleworker endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified MDM platform that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product via a perpetual license. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your Mesa, Arizona business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.