Enlarging your remote workforce can have a significant effect on network infrastructure, security, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to design, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Mesa organization to select the right technologies and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you over challenging IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Mesa, Arizona organizations to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk outsourcing, data security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be especially challenging if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote help for both outdated as well as modern technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to create a safe connection for authorized at-home employees to use IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a teleworker to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This gives IT managers more control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online consulting for setting up home routers from all major vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by an entire household and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as security problems. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by delivering services that include Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet access solutions affect the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Line-of-business applications might demand redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for identifying service providers, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for Telecommuters
Extending the business PBX environment to include remote users is critical to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to plan or maintain a telecommuter VoIP service that provides the flexibility, convenience and protection needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer advanced support to help organizations tune their existing Cisco VoIP environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends enterprise telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software used across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other combined media services like messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can assist you to maintain your existing CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, visit Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with users working outside the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your wide area network architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand deployment and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many companies utilize multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities that include voice/video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Office 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging services for these products and
assist you to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, offering a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user interface for sharing data and ideas across a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can assist businesses to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to facilitate collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build protected portals that allows at-home workers to see and edit consolidated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint support services, go to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange expertise, refer to planning and configuration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers can access them securely via a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to co-edit documents. Edits created offline are automatically synced when you go back online. For details about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide advanced remote support for helping businesses to build, manage and repair cohesive hybrid network architectures that combine internal data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, plus cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with public cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading family of public cloud services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features over one hundred services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and plan data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create secure access to Azure for remote workers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's support services for Azure, see Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity applications and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and cloud services are provided in a selection of plans designed for customers ranging from individuals and households to major enterprises. Progent offers quick and easy remote contact with experts familiar with Office 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help your business to assess the numerous subscription plans available for Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your telecommuters in a way that delivers top business value. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with local deployments of Exchange, allowing you to create hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide as-needed help to get you past tough IT roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management services to make sure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, refer to Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's top source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide rapid and economical online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can assist your organization to design, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to build a high-uptime network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. For information about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading collection of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to extend your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your critical apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help you to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage, and simplify access management for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist your business to utilize GCP's management tools to administer and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. To learn, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Services for Telecommuters
A rapid, company-wide changeover to a from-home workforce, which might be the result of a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses to outsource or supplement their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services utilize Progent's extensive team of online technical support specialists along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 desktop support from initial help requests to trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to check or edit their current tickets, add information, and append screenshots or attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent makes available optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve advanced issues. For more information, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service enables you to expand your existing Support Desk team by sharing responsibilities for Call Desk support transparently between your in-house IT support personnel and Progent's extensive roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service uses a co-sourcing support model utilizing the number one PSA platform for managing service requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and generating management reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can help your business to deliver world-class desktop support to your at-home workforce, go to Progent's Help Desk Call Center supplementation Services.
Security for Remote Workers
Teleworkers commonly run their own computers and work in a physically unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and requires careful deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the creation of security policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security professionals can assist you to plan, implement and manage a modern cybersecurity environment that guards sensitive information in IT networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network environment that can be securely utilized by on-premises users and by telecommuters, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and control different permissions to different classes of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly complex. Progent works with both new and older security appliances from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall support services, see firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate devices used by at-home workers and either reject or spot and mitigate modern threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning to identify zero-day threats at inception. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the infected endpoint from the network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoints remain secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all types of external and local security threats for a network that includes at-home workers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for quickly and economically uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be managed by network security experts with top certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your procedures and governance policies and review your IT architecture to allow you to implement top-level protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and restoring vital information in order to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in case of storage problems due to hardware breakdowns, software glitches, human error, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for teleworkers must cover multiple types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a broad array of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and includes granular restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically anticipate circumstances that require a quick switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning consultants can assist you to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for safeguarding critical information by controlling onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and software. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, control how teleworkers share information, set up threat protection, ensure security compliance, and delete corporate data from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune works with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. For details about Intune and how Progent can assist you to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your at-home workers, visit Intune mobile device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product through a perpetual license. Key features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your Mesa, Arizona business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.