Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a major impact on network architecture, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has two decades of experience helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Mesa organization to select the appropriate tools and follow best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand expertise for getting you past occasional IT roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Mesa, Arizona businesses to with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complicated if you must manage a mix of worker-owned equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering online support for both outdated as well as current IT products in remote office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a safe connection for authenticated at-home employees to access IT resources located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable an at-home worker to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This provides network managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote support for setting up home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by an entire household and guests, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance as well as security issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by providing services that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Business-critical processes might demand backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for picking Internet service providers, choosing appropriate service offerings, and integrating high-availability Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Teleworkers
Expanding the business PBX system to include telecommuters is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy products for IP voice solutions. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to plan or maintain a remote VoIP environment that delivers the versatility, convenience and security needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide advanced support to assist businesses tune their current Cisco VoIP systems to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends enterprise telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps used across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other mixed media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM support, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP products, refer to CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and deliver as-needed configuration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide range of voice/video conferencing products from major technology companies support online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite users and at-home workers. Many companies utilize multiple products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent can help your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that supports presence, IM, audio and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for compatible iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Webex and for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include IP voice and video calling, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Office 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help you to optimize your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, offering a rich ecosystem of applications that deliver a consistent user interface for exchanging information throughout multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first publication and can assist businesses to tune these critical collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to allow collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven access to data, business processes, and tools for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to build secure portals that enables remote workforce to view and edit aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, go to SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting services, refer to integration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can access them securely via a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables home employees to jointly author documents. Revisions made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent offers affordable online assistance for enabling businesses to build, manage and optimize cohesive hybrid network models that incorporate internal data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers fix problems with public cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of cloud services that enables you to use infrastructure, servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers more than one hundred cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create secure access to Azure for telecommuters by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's support services for Azure, see Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity software and cloud-based services available by subscription. Microsoft apps and services are provided in a selection of bundles intended for users ranging from students and households to major corporations. Progent offers fast and affordable remote access to consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to assess the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your telecommuters in a way that delivers top business value. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 consulting support.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide occasional assistance to get you past challenging IT bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your remote workers have easy and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent offers quick and economical online access to cloud connectivity experts who can help your business to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to create a high-uptime network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the move. For information about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading collection of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your organization to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify identity control for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help your business to use GCP's management technology to administer and track your GCP environment. For information, see Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
A sudden, organization-wide transition to a telecommuter business model, which could be driven by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery plan, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow businesses of any size to outsource or supplement their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk support services utilize Progent's nationwide network of remote IT support specialists combined with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to provide an affordable, advanced Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from service requests through ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to monitor or edit their current tickets, enter information, and append screenshots and relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent makes available the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve advanced issues. For details, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service allows your company to supplement your existing Support Desk organization by sharing delivery of Call Desk services transparently between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service is based on a collective support model based on the number one professional services automation tool for managing help requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and producing reports. For details about how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can enable your company to deliver world-class technical support to your at-home employees, see Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
At-home workers commonly use their own equipment and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for careful use of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist your company to plan, deploy and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that protects critical data in networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users and by telecommuters, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and control appropriate access rights to various groups of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more complex. Progent works with both new and legacy firewall devices from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration services, visit firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the various computers utilized by an at-home workforce and either reject or identify and respond to the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is installed on every secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and using advanced machine learning to detect new attacks on arrival. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the targeted endpoint from the network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To learn more about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all types of outside and internal security attacks for a network that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can deploy remote, automated security inventory scanning for quickly and economically detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be provided by security professionals with top credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your procedures and policies and assess your network infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical data so as to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in the event of storage system problems due to equipment issues, software glitches, human error, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate in-house data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for teleworkers must address multiple types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick remote help from experts familiar with a wide range of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and includes granular restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly envision scenarios that call for a temporary switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help your business to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized environment for safeguarding critical information by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote computers and software. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. Network admins managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for permission to access data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share information, set up threat defense, ensure security compliance, and erase sensitive information from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune runs with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, visit Intune teleworker endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified MDM platform that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a perpetual license. Key features of Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Mesa, Arizona company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.