Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a significant impact on network architecture, security, and company culture. Progent has two decades of background helping businesses of all sizes to design, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Miami Beach organization to pick the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns top business value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand guidance for getting you over occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Miami Beach, Florida businesses to with any facet of building a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, helpdesk services, data security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the network infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be especially complex if you must manage a mix of worker-owned equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering remote help for both legacy as well as current IT products in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to help your company to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN technology allows you to create a safe tunnel for authorized remote workers to use IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This provides IT managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote support for integrating routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting families and visitors, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering services like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Line-of-business applications might require redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking Internet service providers, picking appropriate service packages, and setting up high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Telecommuters
Extending the business phone system to accommodate telecommuters is vital to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice products are used by small and mid-size businesses to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or older platforms for IP voice management. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or tune a remote IP voice environment that provides the versatility, convenience and security needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide high-level support to help organizations optimize their current Cisco IP voice environments to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers advanced IP telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to maintain your current CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, refer to CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and deliver as-needed deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many companies use a mix of products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist you to maintain your current voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for compatible iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities such as voice/video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for other Office 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help you to tune your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a rich ecosystem of applications that deliver a consistent user interface for sharing data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their original releases and can assist your company to tune these flagship collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to allow collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-based delivery of data, workflow, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to build secure web portals that allows remote workers to see and edit consolidated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint support services, go to SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange expertise, see deployment consulting for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s shared cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can access them securely through a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to co-edit documents. Revisions made offline are automatically synced when you go back online. For details about Progent's support services for OneDrive, see Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote support for helping organizations to create, maintain and troubleshoot integrated network architectures that combine physical data centers, at-home workers, branches, and public cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers resolve issues with public cloud access, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for public cloud software and services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure features more than 100 services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create protected access to Azure for at-home workers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, see Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud services available by subscription. Microsoft applications and services are provided in a selection of bundles intended for users ranging from individuals and small offices to major corporations. Progent offers quick and easy online contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to assess the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your telecommuters in a way that delivers top business value. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft Office 365 integration support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts are available for as-needed assistance to get you through challenging technical bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your at-home workers have convenient and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the industry's biggest source of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to design, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-availability network architecture so your users have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the road. For information about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud is a leading suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your organization to scale your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your critical apps cloud friendly so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can help you to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage services, and streamline access control for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help your organization to utilize GCP's unified management technology to control and track your GCP environment. To learn, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Services for Remote Workers
A rapid, organization-wide changeover to a telecommuter business model, which might be the result of a pandemic or as part of a business continuity plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow organizations of any size to outsource or expand their Support Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services utilize Progent's nationwide network of online technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests to trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to check or revise their current trouble tickets, add information, and append screenshots or attachments. Support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent offers optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve complex problems. For details, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service enables you to expand your current Support Desk staff by splitting delivery of Help Desk Call Center support transparently between your regular IT support organization and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service uses a co-sourcing support model based on the number one professional services automation platform for handling service requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can enable your business to deliver best-in-class IT support to your at-home workforce, refer to Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
At-home workers commonly use their own computing devices and work in a physically unsecured area. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands careful deployment of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security professionals can help your company to plan, implement and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that protects vital data in networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be securely accessed by local users as well as by teleworkers, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to assign and manage different permissions to various classes of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both new and legacy security devices from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration services, see firewall support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various computers used by an at-home workforce and either block or spot and respond to the latest threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is put on each secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced behavioral threat analysis to detect new attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the targeted endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and internal security attacks for an environment that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for rapidly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be provided by data security professionals with advanced certifications such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to evaluate your procedures and policies and assess your IT infrastructure to enable you to implement top-level protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers saving and restoring vital information so as to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in case of storage problems due to equipment issues, software glitches, operator error, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for telecommuters must cover multiple types of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick remote help from consultants familiar with a wide range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore products supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically anticipate scenarios that require a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist you to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized solution for protecting corporate information by controlling onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises computers and software. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to deploy and validate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for permission to access data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, control how home-based workers share information, establish threat protection, verify compliance, and delete corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune works with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. For details about Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, refer to Intune remote device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified MDM platform that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your Miami Beach, Florida company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.