Microsoft Exchange Server 2K is the first messaging solution developed by Microsoft to use AD directory services rather than a non-standard directory structure. This design improvement made MS Exchange Server 2K dramatically simpler to administer and Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 continues to be the heart of the email environment used by many small businesses.
Years of background with Microsoft's email technology makes Progent one of the most knowledgeable IT consulting organizations in the U.S. for maintaining email solutions powered by MS Exchange 2000 Server. Progent is experienced at assisting small companies who continue to operate MS Exchange Server 2000 and Progent can help you assess the costs and benefits of migrating your Microsoft Exchange Server 2K system to an up-to-date version of Exchange. (Refer to Progent's Microsoft Exchange 2016 migration support and Microsoft Exchange 2013 consulting.)
Benefits of MS Exchange 2000 Server Compared to MS Exchange 5.5 Server
MS Exchange Server 2K offers major improvements in functionality over Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 in vital areas including connectivity, manageability, security, robustness, scalability, and speed.
- The 2K release of Microsoft Exchange Server brought a dramatic increase in features in comparison to the Microsoft Exchange 5.5 web client. Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server delivers a solid implementation of the familiar Outlook GUI, including scheduling and utilities. Consequently, mobile workers can enjoy full, protected access to email even without their mobile computer. All mobile clients require is an Internet-connected computer that has a standard web browser.
- Unlike Exchange 5.5, which has its built-in directory, MS Exchange 2000 Server uses MS Active Directory, providing a much simplified administration and security architecture. This makes MS Exchange 2000 Server simpler to administer and support and also offers tighter protection.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 incorporates a strong architecture for transparently adding third-party software such as virus scanning programs and anti-spamming utilities. MS Exchange Server 2K's strong Application Programming Interface avoids the instability existing with Exchange 5.5 when integrating third-party add-ins.
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server provides significantly increased capacity and responsiveness compared to Exchange 5.5. Therefore you can deploy more and bigger mailboxes and gain faster remote access.
How Progent Can Help Your Business with MS Exchange Server 2K
Progent's Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server troubleshooting and consulting skills include help with the choice and configuration of third-party add-ons that are best aligned to your business goals. Progent's consultants can also assist your company to upgrade to MS Exchange Server 2016 or move to Microsoft Exchange 2013 Server from Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 at minimal cost or disruption of business operations.
Advantages of MS Exchange Server 2000 Compared to an ISP-based or POP3 Email System
If your business still has users relying on a messaging system hosted by an ISP or if you are managing your Outlook clients in POP3 mode, your MS Exchange 2000 Server offers a wealth of enhanced capabilities in the areas of ease of administration, performance, capacity, robustness, and collaboration:
- Unlike the store-and-forward model used by POP3 messaging, Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 implements a central-store model that frees clients from reliance on a single desktop or notebook computer, lowers vulnerability to component breakdowns or malicious software, and allows both on-line and off-line email, auto-backup, and sophisticated sharing and collaboration.
- MS Exchange Server 2000 has strong collaboration features that allow teams to increase productivity by sharing datebooks, address books, email and files.
- The flexibility of Microsoft Exchange Server 2K makes it possible to add third-party security enhancements or support wireless handhelds such as the Research in Motion BlackBerry.
- MS Exchange Server 2000 permits complete on-line backup without affecting users, enabling 24x7 operation by eliminating periodic shutdowns and maintenance blackouts.
How Progent Can Help You to Integrate POP3 E-Mail Users with Exchange 2K
Progent's expertise and efficient best practices can assist you in performing a quick, transparent migration of POP3 users to your Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server. Progent handles vital issues such as coordinating domain names so that both local and remote clients make a smooth switch from POP3 e-mail.
How Progent Can Assist You Upgrade from Exchange 2000 to Exchange Server 2016 or Exchange 2013
Progent has a long background helping small businesses to migrate from MS Exchange 2000 to more recent editions of Microsoft Exchange. Progent's consultants can also assist your company to upgrade to MS Exchange Server 2016 or move to MS Exchange Server 2013 from Exchange 2000 at minimal expense or interruption of business. Progent's CISM-accredited security specialists can ensure your security infrastructure and practices are sound and Progent's Cisco-authorized network experts can verify that your connectivity architecture is fast, reliable, and simple to support.
Find out more about how Progent can deliver Exchange Server 2016 consulting services and MS Exchange 2013 help.
Hosting Support Services for Microsoft Exchange
If you are thinking about upgrading your Exchange 2000 Server installation to an email solution based on Microsoft Exchange 2016 Server or Exchange 2013, this is the perfect time to look at Progent's Hosting Services for Microsoft Exchange. Progent can run your Exchange system in an enterprise-class data center that features redundant power and cooling systems, round-the-clock staffed security and IT support center, plus fault-tolerant access to Internet backbone service companies. Hosted Microsoft Exchange servers are set up as virtual machines for fault tolerance, easy scalability, and fast recovery.
Progent's services include integration with your business network, access to handheld communication devices, automated monitoring of efficiency and network security, spam filtering, security update and service pack management, Contact Center support, per-day backup, and full email administration services. By using Progent's Hosting Support Services for Exchange, small businesses can save substantially on the expense of computers, infrastructure, and environmental control, reduce the hassle and uncertainty of in-house IT management, and have the advantage of world-class levels of fault-tolerance, security, and performance.
Learn additional information on how Progent can deliver Hosting Services for Microsoft Exchange.
For clients who use Progent's Microsoft Exchange Server hosting services, Progent can also assist with setting up an on-site Exchange Server solution when a business is ready to develop an in-house data center.
Find out more about Progent's IT Outsourcing services.
To get in touch with Progent about consulting assistance for Microsoft Exchange Server or to learn more about Progent's Microsoft Exchange hosting services, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.