MS Exchange Server 2K was the first email solution from Microsoft to use Active Directory instead of a built-in directory system. This architectural revolution made MS Exchange 2000 Server dramatically easier to manage and MS Exchange Server 2000 continues to be the heart of the email system of many small businesses.
Extensive background with Microsoft's email platforms makes Progent one of the most knowledgeable IT consulting firms in the United States for supporting email solutions powered by MS Exchange 2000 Server. Progent is experienced at helping small businesses who continue to operate Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 and Progent can help you understand the costs and benefits of migrating your Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 system to a more recent release of Exchange. (Refer to Progent's Microsoft Exchange 2016 upgrade support services and Exchange Server 2013 expertise.)
Benefits of Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Over Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5
MS Exchange Server 2000 features major enhancements in functionality compared to Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 in key areas such as connectivity, manageability, protection, stability, scalability, and speed.
- The 2K release of MS Exchange Server brought a significant improvement in features in comparison to the Exchange 5.5 web client. Microsoft Exchange Server 2K offers a good rendition of the familiar Outlook interface, including scheduling and utilities. Consequently, authorized mobile workers can have full, protected availability of email even without their mobile computer. The only thing they require is a web accessible PC that has a conventional web browser.
- In contrast to Exchange 5.5, which has its own directory, MS Exchange 2000 Server utilizes Microsoft Active Directory, providing a much simplified management and security model. This makes MS Exchange Server 2K simpler to manage and support and in addition offers better security.
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server has a strong foundation for transparently integrating third-party applications such as virus detection programs and anti-spamming tools. Microsoft Exchange Server 2K's tested API avoids the risks associated with Exchange 5.5 when integrating third-party add-ins.
- MS Exchange Server 2K provides significantly improved capacity and performance over Exchange 5.5. This means you can have more and larger mailboxes and enjoy quicker off-site access.
Ways That Progent Can Help You with Microsoft Exchange Server 2K
Progent's MS Exchange Server 2K technical support and consulting skills include help with the selection and configuration of third-party enhancements that are appropriately aligned to your business goals. Progent can also assist you to migrate to Exchange 2016 Server or migrate to MS Exchange 2013 Server from MS Exchange Server 2000 at minimal expense or disruption of business.
Benefits of Microsoft Exchange Server 2K Compared to an ISP-based or POP3 Email System
If your company still has clients supported by an email system hosted by an Internet Service Provider or if you are running some Outlook users in POP3 mode, your Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 provides an array of enhanced capabilities in the categories of manageability, responsiveness, traffic volume, availability, and groupware:
- In contrast to the store-and-forward model used by POP3 messaging, Microsoft Exchange Server 2K uses a central-store model that liberates users from dependence on a single desktop or notebook PC, lowers vulnerability to component failure or virus attacks, and permits both on-line and off-line email, automatic backup, and advanced sharing and collaboration.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2K offers powerful collaboration features that allow teams to increase productivity by sharing calendaring, addresses, messages and data.
- The flexibility of Microsoft Exchange Server 2K makes it easy to integrate third-party security enhancements or support wireless smartphones such as the RIM BlackBerry.
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server allows full on-line backup without affecting clients, enabling 24x7 operation by avoiding scheduled downtime and maintenance interruptions.
How Progent Can Help You to Incorporate POP3 E-Mail Users with Microsoft Exchange 2K
Progent's expertise and field-proven best practices can assist you in implementing a quick, transparent migration of POP3 e-mail users to your MS Exchange 2000 Server. Progent handles critical details such as coordinating domain names so that both local and remote clients make a non-disruptive switch from POP3 messaging.
How Progent Can Assist You Move from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2016 or Exchange 2013
Progent has a long background assisting small companies to upgrade from Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server to newer releases of Exchange. Progent's consultants can also assist your company to move to Microsoft Exchange 2016 Server or upgrade to Exchange Server 2013 from Exchange 2000 Server at the least possible expense or interruption of business. Progent's CISSP-certified security specialists can make sure your security technology and policies are sound and Progent's Cisco-authorized network engineers can verify that your network architecture is fast, reliable, and easy to manage.
Learn more about how Progent can deliver Exchange Server 2016 consulting services and Exchange 2013 expertise.
Find out more about Progent's IT Outsourcing services.
To contact Progent about professional support for Microsoft Exchange Server, phone 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.