Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server
MS Exchange 2000 Server was the initial messaging platform developed by Microsoft to utilize Active Directory instead of a built-in directory structure. This design revolution made MS Exchange Server 2K dramatically easier to manage and Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server continues to be the foundation of the messaging system used by numerous companies.
Extensive experience with Microsoft's email technology makes Progent one of the most knowledgeable IT consulting firms in the U.S. for maintaining messaging solutions based on Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server. Progent is expert at assisting small businesses who still operate MS Exchange Server 2000 and Progent can help your company assess the costs and benefits of migrating your Microsoft Exchange Server 2K environment to an up-to-date version of Exchange. (Refer to Progent's Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 migration planning and support services and Exchange 2013 expertise.)
Advantages of Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Compared to Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5
MS Exchange 2000 Server offers important enhancements in capability compared to MS Exchange Server 5.5 in vital areas such as connectivity, ease of administration, security, robustness, capacity, and performance.
- The 2K release of MS Exchange Server brought a significant increase in functionality over the Microsoft Exchange 5.5 web interface. MS Exchange 2000 Server delivers a good rendition of the older Outlook GUI, including calendaring and utilities. As a result, authorized mobile users can have unrestricted, protected availability of email even in the absence of their mobile computer. All they require is an Internet-connected computer that has a standard web browser.
- Unlike MS Exchange 5.5, which has its own directory, MS Exchange Server 2000 uses MS Active Directory, providing a greatly simplified management and security model. This makes MS Exchange Server 2000 easier to administer and support and in addition offers better protection.
- MS Exchange 2000 Server incorporates a robust foundation for transparently adding third-party applications such as virus scanning programs and anti-spamming tools. Microsoft Exchange Server 2K's strong Application Programming Interface avoids the risks existing with Exchange 5.5 when installing third-party add-ins.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 offers dramatically improved capacity and responsiveness compared to Exchange 5.5. This means you can have more and larger mailboxes and enjoy faster remote connectivity.
How Progent Can Help Your Business with MS Exchange 2000 Server
Progent's MS Exchange Server 2K troubleshooting and consulting services include help with the choice and configuration of third-party add-ons that are appropriately matched to your business strategy. Progent's consultants can also help your company to migrate to MS Exchange Server 2016 or migrate to Exchange 2013 Server from MS Exchange 2000 at minimal expense or disruption of business.
Benefits of Microsoft Exchange Server 2K Vs. an ISP-based or POP3 Email System
If your company currently has users relying on an email system hosted by an Internet Service Provider or if you are running your Outlook clients in POP3 mode, your MS Exchange Server 2000 provides a wealth of improved capabilities in the categories of manageability, performance, capacity, robustness, and groupware:
- Unlike the store-and-forward model used by POP3 email systems, MS Exchange 2000 Server implements a central-store architecture that liberates users from dependence on a specific workstation or notebook PC, reduces exposure to component failure or virus attacks, and allows on-line and off-line email, auto-backup, and advanced sharing and collaboration.
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server offers powerful collaboration features that enable work groups to increase efficiency by sharing calendaring, addresses, email and data.
- The versatility of MS Exchange Server 2000 makes it easy to add third-party security software or accommodate wireless handhelds such as the Research in Motion BlackBerry.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 permits full live backup without disturbing users, making possible non-stop operation by eliminating periodic downtime and maintenance blackouts.
How Progent Can Assist Your Company to Incorporate POP3 Clients with Microsoft Exchange 2K
Progent's expertise and field-proven methodologies can assist you in performing a fast, seamless move of POP3 e-mail clients to your MS Exchange 2000 Server. Progent handles critical issues such as coordinating domain names so that on-site and off-site users make a non-disruptive transition from POP3 e-mail.
How Progent Can Help You Migrate from Exchange 2K to Exchange 2016 or Exchange Server 2013
Progent has an extensive background helping small businesses to upgrade from MS Exchange 2000 Server to newer releases of Exchange. Progent can also assist you to migrate to Microsoft Exchange 2016 Server or migrate to Microsoft Exchange 2013 Server from MS Exchange 2000 Server at minimal cost or interruption of business. Progent's CISSP-accredited network security specialists can ensure your security technology and practices are sound and Progent's Cisco-certified network engineers can verify that your network architecture is efficient, dependable, and simple to support.
Learn more details about how Progent can provide Exchange 2016 consulting services and Exchange 2013 help.
Hosting Support Services for Microsoft Exchange
If your company is considering updating your Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server installation to an email environment based on Microsoft Exchange 2016 Server or Exchange 2013, now is an ideal opportunity to consider Progent's Hosting and Management Services for Exchange. Progent can run your Exchange environment in a world-class data center that features backed-up electrical and cooling systems, round-the-clock staffed security and operations center, plus failover access to Internet backbone service providers. Hosted Exchange servers are set up as virtualized machines for fault tolerance, smooth expandability, and rapid restoration.
Progent's services include integration with your business network, connectivity with handheld communication products, automated tracking of performance and network security, spam filtering, patch and service pack control, Help Desk support, per-day data backup, and comprehensive messaging management services. Through the use of Progent's Hosting and Management Services for Microsoft Exchange, small and midsize businesses can save substantially on the cost of servers, infrastructure, and cooling systems, minimize the hassle and uncertainty of internal IT management, and have the advantage of enterprise-class levels of fault-tolerance, protection, and performance.
Learn more details about how Progent can deliver Hosting Services for Exchange.
For clients who use Progent's Microsoft Exchange Server hosting services, Progent can also assist with setting up an on-site Exchange Server solution when a business is ready to develop an in-house data center.
Find out more about Progent's IT Outsourcing services.
In order to get in touch with Progent about professional help for MS Exchange Server technology or to learn more about Progent's Microsoft Exchange hosting services, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.