Exchange 2000 Server
MS Exchange 2000 Server was the initial email solution developed by Microsoft to utilize AD directory services instead of a built-in directory structure. This design enhancement made MS Exchange Server 2000 significantly simpler to support and Microsoft Exchange Server 2K is still the basis of the messaging environment used by many companies.
Years of experience with Microsoft's Exchange platforms makes Progent one of the most knowledgeable computer consulting resources in the United States for supporting messaging environments powered by Microsoft Exchange Server 2000. Progent is expert at assisting small businesses who continue to operate MS Exchange 2000 Server and Progent can help your company assess the costs and benefits of migrating your Microsoft Exchange Server 2K system to a more recent release of Exchange. (Refer to Progent's Exchange 2016 migration support services and Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 expertise.)
Advantages of Microsoft Exchange Server 2K Vs. MS Exchange 5.5 Server
Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server offers major improvements in capability over Microsoft Exchange 5.5 Server in vital areas including connectivity, manageability, protection, robustness, capacity, and performance.
- The 2K version of Microsoft Exchange Server brought a dramatic improvement in features in comparison to the Exchange 5.5 web client. Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 delivers a solid implementation of the older Outlook interface, including calendaring and utilities. Consequently, mobile users can have full, secure access to email even in the absence of their mobile computer. The only thing they need is a web accessible PC that has a standard web browser.
- In contrast to MS Exchange 5.5, which has its built-in directory, MS Exchange Server 2K utilizes Active Directory, offering a greatly simplified administration and security architecture. This makes MS Exchange 2000 Server easier to administer and support and also provides tighter protection.
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server has a strong architecture for transparently adding third-party applications such as virus detection packages and anti-spamming utilities. Microsoft Exchange Server 2K's strong API eliminates the instability existing with Exchange 5.5 when integrating third-party add-ins.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 provides significantly improved capacity and responsiveness compared to Exchange 5.5. Therefore you can have more and bigger mailboxes and gain quicker off-site connectivity.
Ways That Progent Can Help Your Business with Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server
Progent's MS Exchange Server 2K troubleshooting and consulting services include help with the selection and configuration of third-party enhancements that are appropriately aligned to your company strategy. Progent's consultants can also assist you to move to MS Exchange Server 2016 or upgrade to MS Exchange Server 2013 from Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 at the least possible expense or interruption of business.
Benefits of MS Exchange Server 2000 Over an ISP-based or POP3 Email Environment
If your business still has users supported by an email solution hosted by an Internet Service Provider or if you are running your Outlook clients in POP3 mode, your MS Exchange 2000 Server offers an array of enhanced features in the areas of ease of administration, responsiveness, capacity, availability, and collaboration:
- Unlike the store-and-forward technique followed by POP3 email systems, Microsoft Exchange Server 2K uses a central-store model that liberates users from dependence on a single desktop or notebook computer, lowers vulnerability to component breakdowns or malicious software, and allows both on-line and off-line email, auto-backup, and advanced sharing and team tasks.
- MS Exchange Server 2000 has strong collaboration features that allow work groups to improve efficiency by sharing calendaring, addresses, email and data.
- The versatility of MS Exchange 2000 Server makes it easy to add third-party security enhancements or support wireless handhelds such as the Research in Motion BlackBerry.
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server permits complete live backup without disturbing clients, enabling 24x7 operation by eliminating scheduled shutdowns and maintenance blackouts.
How Progent Can Help You to Incorporate POP3 E-Mail Clients with Exchange 2K
Progent's experience and efficient best practices can help you in implementing a quick, transparent move of POP3 users to your Microsoft Exchange 2K Server. Progent attends to vital issues such as managing domain names in order that both local and off-site users make a non-disruptive transition from POP3 messaging.
How Progent Can Assist You Move from Exchange 2K to Exchange Server 2016 or Exchange 2013
Progent has a long background assisting small and midsize businesses to upgrade from MS Exchange 2000 Server to more recent releases of Microsoft Exchange. Progent's consultants can also assist you to move to Exchange 2016 Server or migrate to MS Exchange Server 2013 from Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server at minimal expense or interruption of business operations. Progent's CISA-accredited security consultants can ensure your security infrastructure and policies are effective and Progent's Cisco-certified network engineers can make sure that your connectivity infrastructure is fast, reliable, and simple to manage.
Find out more concerning how Progent can provide MS Exchange Server 2016 consulting support and MS Exchange Server 2013 expertise.
Hosting Support Services for Microsoft Exchange
If you are considering upgrading your MS Exchange 2000 system to a messaging solution based on Microsoft Exchange 2016 or Microsoft Exchange 2013 Server, this is the perfect time to look at Progent's Hosting and Management Services for Microsoft Exchange. Progent can run your Exchange environment in an enterprise-class facility with redundant electrical and environmental control systems, round-the-clock site security and IT support center, and fault-tolerant access to Internet backbone service providers. Hosted Microsoft Exchange servers are configured as virtualized servers for service continuity, easy expandability, and rapid recovery.
Services include complete incorporation with your network, access to mobile communication devices, continual monitoring of efficiency and network security, spam filtering, security update and service pack control, Help Desk Call Center support, per-day backup, and comprehensive email administration services. Through the use of Progent's Hosting Services for Microsoft Exchange, small businesses can save dramatically on the expense of computers, network appliances, and cooling systems, minimize the hassle and uncertainty of in-house network management, and have the advantage of world-class levels of fault-tolerance, protection, and efficiency.
Find out more details about ways Progent can deliver Hosting and Management Services for Exchange.
For clients who use Progent's Microsoft Exchange Server hosting services, Progent can also assist with setting up an on-site Exchange Server solution when a business is ready to develop an in-house data center.
Find out more about Progent's IT Outsourcing services.
In order to contact Progent about engineering help for Exchange Server technology or to ask about Progent's Exchange hosting services, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.