Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server is the initial email platform released Microsoft to utilize AD directory services instead of its own directory system. This design improvement made MS Exchange Server 2000 significantly simpler to administer and Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 continues to be the basis of the email environment of many companies.
Extensive background with Microsoft's Exchange platforms makes Progent one of the most knowledgeable computer consulting firms in the United States for maintaining messaging environments based on Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server. Progent is experienced at helping small companies who still run MS Exchange Server 2000 and Progent can assist your organization assess the costs and benefits of upgrading your MS Exchange Server 2000 system to an up-to-date version of Exchange. (Refer to Progent's Microsoft Exchange 2016 migration planning and support and Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 expertise.)
Benefits of MS Exchange Server 2K Over MS Exchange 5.5 Server
MS Exchange Server 2000 features important improvements in functionality over MS Exchange 5.5 Server in vital areas such as accessibility, ease of administration, security, stability, scalability, and performance.
- The 2000 version of MS Exchange Server represented a significant increase in features in comparison to the Microsoft Exchange 5.5 web client. Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 delivers a solid implementation of the older Outlook GUI, including scheduling and utilities. As a result, authorized mobile workers can enjoy full, secure access to email even without a notebook. The only thing mobile clients need is a web accessible computer that has a conventional web browser.
- In contrast to Exchange 5.5, which has its own directory, MS Exchange Server 2000 utilizes MS Active Directory, offering a much simplified management and security model. This makes Microsoft Exchange Server 2K easier to manage and support and in addition provides tighter security.
- MS Exchange Server 2K incorporates a robust architecture for seamlessly integrating third-party applications such as virus scanning packages and anti-spamming tools. MS Exchange 2000 Server's strong Application Programming Interface avoids the risks existing with Exchange 5.5 when integrating third-party add-ins.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 provides significantly improved capacity and performance compared to Exchange 5.5. This means you can deploy more and bigger mailboxes and gain quicker remote access.
Ways That Progent Can Assist Your Business to Support MS Exchange 2000 Server
Progent's Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server troubleshooting and consulting services include help with the choice and configuration of third-party add-ons that are best aligned to your business goals. Progent's consultants can also assist your company to migrate to Exchange Server 2016 or upgrade to Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 from MS Exchange 2000 Server at the least possible cost or disruption of business operations.
Benefits of MS Exchange Server 2000 Compared to an ISP-based or POP3 Email Environment
If your company still has clients relying on a messaging system hosted by an ISP or if you are managing some Outlook users in POP3 mode, your Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server offers a wealth of improved capabilities in the areas of manageability, performance, capacity, robustness, and collaboration:
- In contrast to the store-and-forward technique used by POP3 messaging, Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 implements a central-store model that liberates clients from dependence on a specific desktop or notebook computer, reduces exposure to hardware failure or virus attacks, and allows both on-line and off-line email, automatic backup, and sophisticated sharing and team tasks.
- MS Exchange 2000 Server offers strong collaboration features that allow teams to increase productivity by sharing datebooks, addresses, messages and data.
- The flexibility of Microsoft Exchange Server 2K makes it easy to integrate third-party security software or accommodate wireless handhelds such as the RIM BlackBerry.
- MS Exchange 2000 Server allows complete on-line backup without disturbing clients, making possible 24x7 operation by eliminating periodic shutdowns and maintenance blackouts.
How Progent Can Help Your Company to Integrate POP3 Clients with Exchange 2K
Progent's expertise and efficient methodologies can help you in implementing a fast, transparent move of POP3 e-mail clients to your Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server. Progent attends to vital details such as coordinating domain names in order that on-site and off-site clients make a non-disruptive transition from POP3 messaging.
How Progent Can Assist You Move from Exchange 2K to Exchange Server 2016 or Exchange 2013
Progent has a long background helping small and midsize companies to migrate from Exchange 2000 Server to newer editions of Exchange. Progent can also help you to move to Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 or upgrade to Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 from MS Exchange Server 2000 at minimal expense or interruption of business. Progent's CISM-qualified network security specialists can make sure your security technology and policies are sound and Progent's Cisco-certified network experts can make sure that your network architecture is fast, reliable, and easy to support.
Find out more details about how Progent can deliver Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 consulting services and Exchange 2013 expertise.
Find out more about Progent's IT Outsourcing services.
In order to ask Progent about engineering support for Microsoft Exchange Server, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.