MS Exchange 2000 Server was the first email platform from Microsoft to use Active Directory instead of its own directory system. This architectural innovation made Microsoft Exchange Server 2K dramatically easier to manage and Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server is still the foundation of the email environment of many companies.
Years of background with Microsoft's email platforms makes Progent one of the most qualified computer consulting firms in the U.S. for supporting email environments based on Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server. Progent is expert at assisting small businesses who still operate MS Exchange 2000 Server and Progent can help you understand the costs and benefits of upgrading your MS Exchange 2000 Server environment to a current release of Exchange. (See Progent's Exchange Server 2016 upgrade support and Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 expertise.)
Advantages of Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Compared to Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5
Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server features major improvements in functionality over Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 in vital areas including connectivity, ease of administration, protection, robustness, capacity, and speed.
- The 2K release of Microsoft Exchange Server represented a dramatic improvement in features in comparison to the Microsoft Exchange 5.5 web client. Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 delivers a solid rendition of the familiar Outlook GUI, including calendaring and utilities. Consequently, mobile workers can have unrestricted, secure access to email even without their mobile computer. All mobile clients require is a web accessible computer that has a standard web browser.
- In contrast to Exchange 5.5, which has its own directory, MS Exchange Server 2000 utilizes MS Active Directory, providing a greatly simplified management and security model. This makes MS Exchange Server 2K simpler to administer and support and also provides better protection.
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server incorporates a strong foundation for transparently integrating third-party applications such as virus detection programs and anti-spamming tools. MS Exchange Server 2000's strong API avoids the risks existing with Exchange 5.5 when integrating third-party utilities.
- MS Exchange Server 2K provides dramatically improved capacity and responsiveness over Exchange 5.5. This means you can deploy more and bigger mailboxes and gain quicker remote access.
Ways That Progent Can Assist You to Support Microsoft Exchange Server 2K
Progent's MS Exchange 2000 Server technical support and consulting services include assistance with the choice and configuration of third-party enhancements that are appropriately matched to your company strategy. Progent's consultants can also help your company to migrate to Exchange 2016 Server or upgrade to Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 from Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 at the least possible cost or interruption of business operations.
Advantages of MS Exchange 2000 Server Vs. an ISP-based or POP3 Email Environment
If your business still has users relying on a messaging system hosted by an ISP or if you are running some Outlook users in POP3 mode, your MS Exchange Server 2000 provides an array of improved features in the areas of manageability, performance, capacity, robustness, and groupware:
- In contrast to the store-and-forward model used by POP3 email systems, MS Exchange Server 2K implements a central-store model that liberates clients from reliance on a single desktop or notebook computer, reduces exposure to component failure or malicious software, and allows both on-line and off-line email, automatic backup, and advanced sharing and collaboration.
- MS Exchange Server 2000 offers strong collaboration features that enable work groups to increase efficiency by sharing calendaring, addresses, messages and data.
- The versatility of MS Exchange Server 2000 makes it possible to integrate third-party security enhancements or support wireless smartphones such as the RIM BlackBerry.
- MS Exchange Server 2000 allows full on-line backup without disturbing clients, enabling 24x7 operation by avoiding periodic shutdowns and administrative blackouts.
How Progent Can Help You to Integrate POP3 E-Mail Users with Microsoft Exchange 2K
Progent's experience and efficient methodologies can assist you in performing a quick, transparent migration of POP3 users to your Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server. Progent attends to vital issues such as managing domain names so that both local and off-site users make a smooth transition from POP3 e-mail.
How Progent Can Help You Upgrade from Exchange 2000 to Exchange Server 2016 or Exchange Server 2013
Progent has an extensive background assisting small and midsize companies to migrate from MS Exchange 2000 to current releases of Exchange. Progent's consultants can also assist you to migrate to MS Exchange 2016 Server or move to Exchange 2013 Server from Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 at the least possible cost or interruption of business. Progent's CISM-qualified network security specialists can ensure your security technology and practices are effective and Progent's Cisco-certified network experts can make sure that your network architecture is fast, reliable, and easy to manage.
Learn more concerning how Progent can deliver Microsoft Exchange 2016 consulting services and MS Exchange 2013 expertise.
Find out more about Progent's IT Outsourcing services.
If you wish to get in touch with Progent about engineering assistance for Exchange Server, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.