Microsoft Exchange 2000
MS Exchange Server 2K was the first email platform from Microsoft to utilize Active Directory rather than an internal directory structure. This architectural revolution made MS Exchange Server 2K significantly easier to support and Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 continues to be the foundation of the email environment used by numerous companies.
Years of experience with Microsoft's Exchange platforms makes Progent one of the most knowledgeable IT consulting firms in the United States for maintaining messaging environments based on MS Exchange Server 2000. Progent is experienced at helping small businesses who still run MS Exchange 2000 Server and Progent can help you understand the business value of upgrading your MS Exchange Server 2000 environment to an up-to-date release of Exchange. (Refer to Progent's Exchange Server 2016 upgrade support and Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 expertise.)
Advantages of Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 Over Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5
MS Exchange Server 2000 features major enhancements in capability compared to Microsoft Exchange 5.5 Server in key areas including connectivity, ease of administration, security, stability, scalability, and speed.
- The 2K version of Microsoft Exchange Server brought a dramatic improvement in features in comparison to the Microsoft Exchange 5.5 web client. MS Exchange 2000 Server offers a good implementation of the familiar Outlook GUI, including scheduling and tools. Because of this, mobile workers can enjoy full, secure access to email even without a notebook. All mobile clients need is an Internet-connected PC that has a conventional web browser.
- In contrast to MS Exchange 5.5, which uses its built-in directory, MS Exchange Server 2K utilizes MS Active Directory, offering a greatly simplified management and security architecture. This makes Microsoft Exchange Server 2K easier to administer and support and in addition provides tighter security.
- MS Exchange Server 2K incorporates a robust architecture for seamlessly adding third-party applications such as virus detection programs and anti-spamming tools. MS Exchange 2000 Server's strong API avoids the risks associated with Exchange 5.5 when integrating third-party add-ins.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2K offers significantly increased capacity and performance over Exchange 5.5. Therefore you can deploy more and bigger mailboxes and gain quicker off-site access.
How Progent Can Assist You to Support MS Exchange Server 2000
Progent's MS Exchange Server 2K troubleshooting and consulting skills include assistance with the choice and integration of third-party add-ons that are appropriately aligned to your business strategy. Progent's consultants can also assist you to upgrade to MS Exchange 2016 Server or migrate to Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 from Exchange Server 2000 at minimal cost or disruption of business operations.
Advantages of MS Exchange 2000 Server Over an ISP-based or POP3 Email Environment
If your organization currently has users supported by a messaging solution hosted by an ISP or if you are managing some Outlook clients in POP3 mode, your Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server provides an array of improved features in the categories of manageability, performance, traffic volume, robustness, and groupware:
- In contrast to the store-and-forward model used by POP3 messaging, Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server uses a central-store model that liberates users from reliance on a single desktop or notebook computer, reduces vulnerability to hardware failure or security breaches, and permits on-line and off-line email, automatic backup, and sophisticated sharing and collaboration.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2K has strong collaboration features that enable teams to increase productivity by sharing datebooks, address books, email and files.
- The flexibility of MS Exchange Server 2K makes it easy to add third-party security enhancements or accommodate wireless smartphones such as the Research in Motion BlackBerry.
- MS Exchange Server 2K permits complete live backup without affecting clients, making possible non-stop operation by eliminating scheduled downtime and maintenance blackouts.
How Progent Can Help You to Integrate POP3 Clients with Microsoft Exchange 2K
Progent's expertise and efficient methodologies can help you in implementing a fast, seamless move of POP3 users to your Microsoft Exchange 2K Server. Progent attends to vital details such as managing domain names in order that on-site and off-site users make a non-disruptive switch from POP3 e-mail.
How Progent Can Assist You Migrate from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2016 or Exchange Server 2013
Progent has an extensive background helping small and midsize companies to migrate from MS Exchange 2000 to newer releases of Microsoft Exchange. Progent's consultants can also help your company to migrate to Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 or migrate to Exchange 2013 Server from Exchange 2000 Server at minimal expense or disruption of business. Progent's CISSP-qualified network security specialists can ensure your security infrastructure and practices are effective and Progent's Cisco-authorized network experts can verify that your network infrastructure is efficient, dependable, and simple to manage.
Find out more details about how Progent can deliver Microsoft Exchange 2016 consulting services and Exchange Server 2013 expertise.
Hosting Services for Exchange
If you are considering upgrading your Exchange 2000 Server system to an email solution based on Exchange 2016 Server or Exchange 2013 Server, now is the perfect time to consider Progent's Hosting Support Services for Exchange. Progent can run your Exchange system in an enterprise-class data center that features redundant electrical and cooling systems, round-the-clock staffed security and IT support center, and fault-tolerant access to Internet backbone service companies. Hosted Microsoft Exchange servers are set up as virtualized machines for service continuity, easy scalability, and fast recovery.
Services feature complete incorporation with your business network, connectivity with handheld communication devices, automated monitoring of efficiency and network security, spam filtering, security update and service pack control, Help Desk Call Center services, daily backup, and comprehensive email management services. By using Progent's Hosting Services for Exchange, small and midsize businesses can economize dramatically on the cost of computers, network appliances, and cooling systems, minimize the distraction and risk of in-house network management, and have the advantage of world-class levels of dependability, security, and efficiency.
Learn additional information on how Progent can provide Hosting and Management Services for Exchange.
For clients who use Progent's Microsoft Exchange Server hosting services, Progent can also assist with setting up an on-site Exchange Server solution when a business is ready to develop an in-house data center.
Find out more about Progent's IT Outsourcing services.
If you wish to get in touch with Progent about engineering help for Microsoft Exchange Server integration or to ask about Progent's Microsoft Exchange hosting services, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.