MS Exchange Server 2000 was the first messaging solution from Microsoft to utilize Active Directory rather than a non-standard directory structure. This design enhancement made MS Exchange Server 2000 dramatically easier to administer and MS Exchange Server 2000 continues to be the basis of the email environment of many small businesses.
Extensive experience with Microsoft's Exchange technology makes Progent one of the most knowledgeable IT consulting resources in the United States for maintaining messaging environments based on Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server. Progent is experienced at helping small businesses who still run MS Exchange Server 2000 and Progent can assist you assess the business value of migrating your MS Exchange 2000 Server system to a current release of Exchange. (See Progent's Microsoft Exchange 2016 migration support services and Exchange Server 2013 expertise.)
Benefits of MS Exchange 2000 Server Over MS Exchange 5.5 Server
MS Exchange Server 2K features important improvements in capability over MS Exchange 5.5 Server in vital areas including accessibility, ease of administration, security, stability, scalability, and speed.
- The 2K version of Microsoft Exchange Server brought a significant increase in functionality over the MS Exchange 5.5 web client. MS Exchange Server 2K delivers a good implementation of the familiar Outlook GUI, including scheduling and utilities. Consequently, authorized mobile users can have full, protected availability of email even without a notebook. All mobile clients need is a web accessible computer that has a conventional web browser.
- Unlike Microsoft Exchange 5.5, which has its built-in directory, Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 uses MS Active Directory, offering a greatly simplified administration and security model. This makes Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server easier to manage and support and in addition offers tighter protection.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2K has a robust architecture for seamlessly integrating third-party applications such as virus detection programs and anti-spamming utilities. MS Exchange 2000 Server's strong API avoids the risks associated with Exchange 5.5 when integrating third-party add-ins.
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server offers dramatically improved capacity and responsiveness compared to Exchange 5.5. This means you can deploy more and larger mailboxes and gain quicker remote access.
How Progent Can Help Your Business to Support MS Exchange 2000 Server
Progent's MS Exchange Server 2000 troubleshooting and consulting services include help with the choice and configuration of third-party add-ons that are appropriately aligned to your business strategy. Progent's consultants can also help your company to move to MS Exchange Server 2016 or move to MS Exchange Server 2013 from MS Exchange 2000 at minimal expense or disruption of business.
Benefits of MS Exchange Server 2K Vs. an ISP-based or POP3 Email Environment
If your company currently has users supported by an email solution hosted by an Internet Service Provider or if you are running your Outlook users in POP3 mode, your MS Exchange 2000 Server provides an array of enhanced features in the categories of ease of administration, performance, traffic volume, availability, and groupware:
- In contrast to the store-and-forward model followed by POP3 email systems, Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 uses a central-store architecture that frees clients from reliance on a specific desktop or notebook computer, reduces exposure to component breakdowns or malicious software, and permits both on-line and off-line email, automatic backup, and sophisticated sharing and team tasks.
- MS Exchange Server 2000 has strong collaboration capabilities that allow teams to increase productivity by sharing datebooks, addresses, email and data.
- The flexibility of Microsoft Exchange Server 2K makes it possible to add third-party security enhancements or accommodate wireless smartphones such as the Research in Motion BlackBerry.
- MS Exchange Server 2K allows full on-line backup without affecting users, enabling non-stop operation by eliminating scheduled downtime and administrative interruptions.
How Progent Can Assist Your Company to Incorporate POP3 E-Mail Users with Microsoft Exchange 2K
Progent's expertise and field-proven best practices can assist you in implementing a quick, seamless move of POP3 e-mail clients to your Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server. Progent handles vital issues such as managing domain names in order that on-site and off-site users make a smooth transition from POP3 email.
How Progent Can Assist You Migrate from Exchange 2K to Exchange 2016 or Exchange Server 2013
Progent has a long background assisting small and midsize businesses to migrate from Microsoft Exchange 2000 to more recent releases of Microsoft Exchange. Progent can also assist your company to move to MS Exchange 2016 Server or migrate to Exchange 2013 Server from Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server at the least possible expense or disruption of business operations. Progent's CISM-accredited network security specialists can make sure your security technology and practices are sound and Progent's Cisco-certified network engineers can verify that your network infrastructure is efficient, reliable, and easy to support.
Find out more concerning how Progent can provide Exchange 2016 consulting services and Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 expertise.
Find out more about Progent's IT Outsourcing services.
If you wish to ask Progent about engineering help for Microsoft Exchange Server, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.