Microsoft Exchange 2000
MS Exchange Server 2000 is the first email solution developed by Microsoft to utilize AD directory services instead of its own directory structure. This architectural improvement made MS Exchange Server 2K dramatically easier to manage and Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server is still the foundation of the email system used by numerous companies.
Years of background with Microsoft's email platforms makes Progent among the most knowledgeable IT consulting organizations in the United States for supporting messaging solutions based on Microsoft Exchange Server 2000. Progent is experienced at assisting small businesses who still run MS Exchange Server 2000 and Progent can assist your company assess the costs and benefits of migrating your MS Exchange Server 2K system to an up-to-date release of Exchange. (See Progent's Microsoft Exchange 2016 migration planning and support services and Exchange 2013 consulting.)
Advantages of Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Vs. Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5
MS Exchange Server 2K offers important improvements in capability over Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 in key areas including accessibility, ease of administration, protection, stability, scalability, and speed.
- The 2000 release of MS Exchange Server brought a dramatic increase in functionality over the Microsoft Exchange 5.5 web interface. Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server offers a solid rendition of the familiar Outlook interface, including calendaring and utilities. As a result, mobile users can have full, protected access to email even in the absence of a notebook. The only thing mobile clients require is a web accessible computer with a standard web browser.
- In contrast to Exchange 5.5, which uses its own directory, Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server uses Active Directory, offering a greatly simplified administration and security architecture. This makes MS Exchange Server 2K simpler to administer and support and in addition provides better security.
- MS Exchange Server 2000 incorporates a strong foundation for transparently integrating third-party software such as virus detection programs and anti-spamming utilities. MS Exchange Server 2000's strong API avoids the risks associated with Exchange 5.5 when integrating third-party utilities.
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server offers significantly improved capacity and responsiveness compared to Exchange 5.5. This means you can deploy more and bigger mailboxes and gain quicker off-site access.
Ways That Progent Can Help You to Support MS Exchange 2000 Server
Progent's Microsoft Exchange Server 2K troubleshooting and consulting services include assistance with the choice and configuration of third-party enhancements that are appropriately matched to your business strategy. Progent can also help your company to upgrade to Exchange 2016 Server or migrate to MS Exchange Server 2013 from Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 at minimal expense or disruption of business operations.
Benefits of MS Exchange Server 2K Compared to an ISP-based or POP3 Email System
If your business currently has users relying on a messaging solution hosted by an ISP or if you are managing your Outlook clients in POP3 mode, your Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 offers a wealth of enhanced features in the categories of manageability, responsiveness, traffic volume, availability, and groupware:
- Unlike the store-and-forward technique followed by POP3 email systems, MS Exchange Server 2K implements a central-store architecture that frees clients from reliance on a single workstation or notebook PC, lowers vulnerability to hardware failure or malicious software, and permits on-line and off-line email, auto-backup, and sophisticated sharing and collaboration.
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server offers powerful collaboration features that enable teams to improve productivity by sharing datebooks, addresses, email and data.
- The versatility of MS Exchange Server 2000 makes it easy to integrate third-party security enhancements or support wireless smartphones such as the RIM BlackBerry.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 allows complete live backup without affecting clients, making possible 24x7 operation by eliminating periodic downtime and administrative blackouts.
How Progent Can Assist Your Company to Incorporate POP3 Clients with Exchange 2000
Progent's expertise and field-proven best practices can assist you in implementing a fast, seamless move of POP3 e-mail users to your Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server. Progent handles vital issues such as managing domain names in order that both local and remote clients make a non-disruptive transition from POP3 messaging.
How Progent Can Assist You Move from Exchange 2000 to Exchange Server 2016 or Exchange Server 2013
Progent has an extensive background assisting small and midsize businesses to migrate from MS Exchange 2000 Server to newer editions of Microsoft Exchange. Progent can also assist you to upgrade to Exchange 2016 Server or migrate to Exchange Server 2013 from Microsoft Exchange 2000 at minimal expense or disruption of business operations. Progent's CISA-qualified network security specialists can ensure your security infrastructure and practices are sound and Progent's Cisco-certified network experts can make sure that your network infrastructure is efficient, dependable, and simple to manage.
Find out more details concerning how Progent can deliver Microsoft Exchange 2016 consulting support and MS Exchange 2013 expertise.
Hosting Services for Microsoft Exchange
If your company is thinking about upgrading your Exchange 2000 Server system to a messaging environment powered by Exchange 2016 or Exchange 2013 Server, now is the perfect opportunity to consider Progent's Hosting and Management Services for Microsoft Exchange. Progent can run your Exchange environment in an enterprise-class data center with redundant power and cooling systems, 24x7 site security and operations center, plus fault-tolerant access to tier-1 Internet service companies. Hosted Microsoft Exchange servers are configured as virtualized servers for high availability, smooth scalability, and fast restoration.
Services include complete incorporation with your network, access to mobile communication products, automated tracking of efficiency and network security, spam and virus protection, security update and service pack control, Help Desk support, per-day backup, and full messaging administration support. Through the use of Progent's Hosting Support Services for Exchange, small businesses can save substantially on the expense of servers, infrastructure, and environmental control, reduce the distraction and risk of internal IT management, and benefit from enterprise-class levels of fault-tolerance, security, and performance.
Learn additional details about how Progent can provide Hosting Services for Exchange.
For clients who use Progent's Microsoft Exchange Server hosting services, Progent can also assist with setting up an on-site Exchange Server solution when a business is ready to develop an in-house data center.
Find out more about Progent's IT Outsourcing services.
In order to get in touch with Progent about technical expertise for Microsoft Exchange Server technology or to ask about Progent's Exchange hosting services, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.