Microsoft Exchange 2000
MS Exchange 2000 Server was the initial messaging solution released Microsoft to use AD directory services instead of a non-standard directory system. This architectural revolution made Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server dramatically simpler to administer and Microsoft Exchange Server 2K continues to be the foundation of the messaging environment of many small businesses.
Years of experience with Microsoft's Exchange platforms makes Progent one of the most qualified computer consulting resources in the United States for maintaining email solutions powered by Microsoft Exchange Server 2000. Progent is experienced at helping small businesses who continue to operate MS Exchange 2000 Server and Progent can help your organization assess the costs and benefits of migrating your MS Exchange 2000 Server environment to a current release of Exchange. (Refer to Progent's Microsoft Exchange 2016 migration planning and support and Exchange 2013 consulting.)
Benefits of Microsoft Exchange Server 2K Compared to Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5
Microsoft Exchange Server 2K offers major enhancements in capability over MS Exchange 5.5 Server in key areas including accessibility, ease of administration, protection, robustness, scalability, and performance.
- The 2000 release of Microsoft Exchange Server represented a dramatic improvement in features in comparison to the Microsoft Exchange 5.5 web interface. MS Exchange Server 2000 offers a good rendition of the familiar Outlook interface, including scheduling and utilities. As a result, mobile users can enjoy full, secure access to email even without a notebook. All mobile clients require is a web accessible PC with a conventional web browser.
- In contrast to Microsoft Exchange 5.5, which has its built-in directory, Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server utilizes Microsoft Active Directory, offering a much simplified administration and security model. This makes Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 simpler to manage and support and also offers better security.
- MS Exchange 2000 Server has a strong foundation for transparently integrating third-party applications such as virus scanning programs and anti-spamming tools. Microsoft Exchange Server 2K's tested Application Programming Interface avoids the risks existing with Exchange 5.5 when integrating third-party utilities.
- MS Exchange Server 2000 offers significantly increased capacity and responsiveness compared to Exchange 5.5. This means you can deploy more and larger mailboxes and gain quicker off-site connectivity.
Ways That Progent Can Assist You with MS Exchange Server 2K
Progent's Microsoft Exchange Server 2K troubleshooting and consulting services include assistance with the selection and integration of third-party enhancements that are best aligned to your company strategy. Progent can also help you to migrate to Exchange Server 2016 or upgrade to Exchange Server 2013 from Exchange 2000 Server at minimal expense or disruption of business operations.
Advantages of MS Exchange Server 2K Vs. an ISP-based or POP3 Email System
If your organization currently has users relying on a messaging system hosted by an ISP or if you are managing your Outlook users in POP3 mode, your Microsoft Exchange Server 2K provides an array of improved features in the areas of ease of administration, responsiveness, traffic volume, availability, and groupware:
- Unlike the store-and-forward model followed by POP3 email systems, Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 uses a central-store model that liberates clients from reliance on a specific desktop or notebook computer, reduces vulnerability to component failure or security breaches, and allows on-line and off-line email, auto-backup, and advanced sharing and collaboration.
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server offers powerful collaboration features that allow work groups to improve efficiency by sharing calendaring, addresses, email and data.
- The flexibility of MS Exchange Server 2K makes it easy to integrate third-party security enhancements or accommodate wireless smartphones such as the Research in Motion BlackBerry.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 allows full on-line backup without affecting clients, making possible 24x7 operation by eliminating periodic downtime and administrative interruptions.
How Progent Can Assist You to Incorporate POP3 E-Mail Users with Exchange 2K
Progent's experience and efficient methodologies can assist you in implementing a fast, seamless migration of POP3 clients to your Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server. Progent handles critical details such as managing domain names so that on-site and remote users make a smooth transition from POP3 email.
How Progent Can Help You Move from Exchange 2K to Exchange 2016 or Exchange 2013
Progent has an extensive background assisting small and midsize companies to upgrade from Microsoft Exchange 2000 to more recent editions of Exchange. Progent can also assist your company to move to Exchange Server 2016 or migrate to MS Exchange Server 2013 from MS Exchange 2000 at the least possible expense or disruption of business operations. Progent's CISM-accredited network security specialists can make sure your security infrastructure and policies are effective and Progent's Cisco-authorized network engineers can verify that your network infrastructure is efficient, reliable, and easy to support.
Find out more details concerning how Progent can provide MS Exchange 2016 consulting services and Microsoft Exchange 2013 expertise.
Find out more about Progent's IT Outsourcing services.
If you wish to get in touch with Progent about technical expertise for Exchange Server integration, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.