Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server
Microsoft Exchange Server 2K is the initial messaging platform released Microsoft to use Active Directory rather than its own directory system. This architectural revolution made MS Exchange 2000 Server significantly simpler to administer and Microsoft Exchange Server 2K is still the basis of the messaging system of many small businesses.
Extensive experience with Microsoft's email technology makes Progent one of the most knowledgeable IT consulting firms in the U.S. for maintaining messaging environments based on Microsoft Exchange Server 2000. Progent is experienced at assisting small businesses who still operate MS Exchange Server 2000 and Progent can help your organization understand the costs and benefits of migrating your MS Exchange 2000 Server system to an up-to-date version of Exchange. (See Progent's Exchange Server 2016 upgrade support services and Microsoft Exchange 2013 consulting.)
Benefits of MS Exchange Server 2K Compared to MS Exchange 5.5 Server
MS Exchange 2000 Server features important enhancements in functionality compared to Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 in key areas such as accessibility, ease of administration, protection, stability, scalability, and speed.
- The 2K version of Microsoft Exchange Server brought a dramatic increase in features in comparison to the Exchange 5.5 web client. Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 delivers a good rendition of the older Outlook GUI, including calendaring and tools. As a result, mobile workers can enjoy full, secure access to email even without a notebook. All they require is an Internet-connected computer with a conventional web browser.
- In contrast to Exchange 5.5, which has its own directory, Microsoft Exchange Server 2K utilizes MS Active Directory, offering a greatly simplified administration and security model. This makes MS Exchange 2000 Server easier to manage and support and also provides tighter security.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 has a robust foundation for transparently integrating third-party software such as virus scanning programs and anti-spamming utilities. MS Exchange Server 2K's tested API eliminates the instability existing with Exchange 5.5 when installing third-party utilities.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 offers significantly improved capacity and performance compared to Exchange 5.5. Therefore you can deploy more and bigger mailboxes and enjoy faster off-site connectivity.
Ways That Progent Can Assist Your Business with Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server
Progent's Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 technical support and consulting services include assistance with the selection and configuration of third-party add-ons that are appropriately matched to your company goals. Progent can also assist your company to migrate to Exchange 2016 Server or move to Microsoft Exchange 2013 Server from Exchange 2000 Server at the least possible expense or interruption of business.
Advantages of MS Exchange 2000 Server Compared to an ISP-based or POP3 Email Environment
If your organization still has clients supported by a messaging solution hosted by an ISP or if you are running your Outlook clients in POP3 mode, your MS Exchange Server 2000 offers a wealth of enhanced capabilities in the categories of manageability, responsiveness, traffic volume, availability, and collaboration:
- In contrast to the store-and-forward technique followed by POP3 messaging, Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server uses a central-store architecture that liberates users from dependence on a single workstation or notebook computer, lowers exposure to hardware breakdowns or malicious software, and allows on-line and off-line email, auto-backup, and sophisticated sharing and team tasks.
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server offers powerful collaboration capabilities that allow teams to increase efficiency by sharing datebooks, addresses, email and files.
- The versatility of MS Exchange Server 2K makes it easy to integrate third-party security enhancements or accommodate wireless smartphones such as the RIM BlackBerry.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2K permits complete on-line backup without disturbing users, making possible 24x7 operation by avoiding periodic shutdowns and maintenance blackouts.
How Progent Can Help Your Company to Integrate POP3 Clients with Microsoft Exchange 2000
Progent's experience and efficient methodologies can assist you in implementing a quick, transparent migration of POP3 e-mail clients to your Microsoft Exchange 2K Server. Progent attends to critical details such as coordinating domain names in order that both local and remote users make a smooth switch from POP3 e-mail.
How Progent Can Assist You Upgrade from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2016 or Exchange Server 2013
Progent has an extensive background helping small companies to upgrade from MS Exchange 2000 to more recent releases of Microsoft Exchange. Progent can also help you to upgrade to Exchange 2016 Server or upgrade to MS Exchange Server 2013 from Exchange 2000 Server at minimal cost or disruption of business operations. Progent's CISA-qualified security consultants can make sure your security technology and policies are effective and Progent's Cisco-authorized network engineers can verify that your network architecture is efficient, dependable, and simple to manage.
Find out more concerning how Progent can deliver MS Exchange 2016 consulting support and Exchange 2013 expertise.
Find out more about Progent's IT Outsourcing services.
To ask Progent about professional support for Exchange Server technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.