Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server
Microsoft Exchange Server 2K is the initial messaging solution developed by Microsoft to use AD directory services instead of an internal directory structure. This design improvement made Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server significantly easier to support and MS Exchange Server 2000 continues to be the basis of the messaging system of numerous small businesses.
Extensive background with Microsoft's Exchange technology makes Progent one of the most knowledgeable computer consulting resources in the United States for maintaining messaging solutions powered by MS Exchange Server 2000. Progent is experienced at helping small companies who continue to run MS Exchange 2000 Server and Progent can assist your company assess the business value of upgrading your Microsoft Exchange Server 2K environment to a current version of Exchange. (See Progent's Microsoft Exchange 2016 upgrade support and Exchange 2013 consulting.)
Advantages of MS Exchange 2000 Server Over MS Exchange 5.5 Server
Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server offers important enhancements in functionality compared to MS Exchange Server 5.5 in key areas such as accessibility, manageability, protection, stability, scalability, and performance.
- The 2K version of Microsoft Exchange Server brought a significant increase in features in comparison to the Microsoft Exchange 5.5 web client. Microsoft Exchange Server 2K offers a solid rendition of the traditional Outlook GUI, including scheduling and tools. Because of this, authorized mobile workers can enjoy full, protected availability of email even without their mobile computer. The only thing mobile clients need is an Internet-connected computer with a standard web browser.
- Unlike Microsoft Exchange 5.5, which uses its own directory, Microsoft Exchange Server 2K utilizes MS Active Directory, offering a greatly simplified administration and security architecture. This makes MS Exchange 2000 Server simpler to administer and support and also provides better security.
- MS Exchange Server 2K incorporates a strong foundation for transparently adding third-party software such as virus detection programs and anti-spamming tools. Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server's strong API eliminates the instability associated with Exchange 5.5 when installing third-party add-ins.
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server provides dramatically improved capacity and performance compared to Exchange 5.5. This means you can deploy more and larger mailboxes and gain faster remote access.
How Progent Can Assist Your Business to Support Microsoft Exchange Server 2K
Progent's MS Exchange Server 2K troubleshooting and consulting skills include assistance with the selection and integration of third-party add-ons that are appropriately matched to your business strategy. Progent can also help your company to upgrade to MS Exchange Server 2016 or move to MS Exchange 2013 Server from Exchange 2000 at the least possible cost or interruption of business operations.
Advantages of MS Exchange 2000 Server Over an ISP-based or POP3 Email System
If your organization still has clients supported by an email system hosted by an Internet Service Provider or if you are managing your Outlook users in POP3 mode, your Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 provides an array of improved features in the categories of ease of administration, responsiveness, traffic volume, robustness, and collaboration:
- In contrast to the store-and-forward model used by POP3 email systems, MS Exchange Server 2000 implements a central-store architecture that liberates clients from reliance on a specific workstation or notebook computer, lowers exposure to hardware breakdowns or virus attacks, and allows both on-line and off-line email, auto-backup, and sophisticated sharing and collaboration.
- MS Exchange Server 2000 offers strong collaboration capabilities that allow teams to improve efficiency by sharing calendaring, addresses, email and files.
- The flexibility of MS Exchange Server 2K makes it easy to add third-party security software or accommodate wireless smartphones such as the Research in Motion BlackBerry.
- MS Exchange Server 2000 permits complete live backup without affecting users, making possible non-stop operation by avoiding scheduled downtime and administrative blackouts.
How Progent Can Assist You to Integrate POP3 E-Mail Users with Exchange 2K
Progent's experience and field-proven best practices can assist you in implementing a quick, seamless move of POP3 users to your Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server. Progent attends to vital details such as managing domain names in order that on-site and off-site clients make a non-disruptive switch from POP3 e-mail.
How Progent Can Help You Migrate from Exchange 2K to Exchange Server 2016 or Exchange 2013
Progent has a long background helping small and midsize businesses to upgrade from MS Exchange 2000 to newer releases of Exchange. Progent's consultants can also assist your company to move to MS Exchange Server 2016 or move to MS Exchange Server 2013 from MS Exchange 2000 at the least possible cost or interruption of business operations. Progent's CISM-accredited security specialists can ensure your security technology and practices are effective and Progent's Cisco-authorized network experts can verify that your connectivity architecture is efficient, reliable, and simple to manage.
Find out more details concerning how Progent can deliver MS Exchange Server 2016 consulting services and Microsoft Exchange 2013 expertise.
Hosting and Management Services for Exchange
If your company is considering upgrading your Exchange 2000 system to a messaging solution based on Microsoft Exchange 2016 Server or Exchange 2013, now is the perfect opportunity to consider Progent's Hosting and Management Services for Exchange. Progent can operate your Exchange environment in a world-class data center with redundant electrical and cooling systems, round-the-clock staffed security and IT support center, plus failover connections to tier-1 Internet service providers. Hosted Microsoft Exchange servers are configured as virtual servers for high availability, smooth expandability, and rapid recovery.
Services include complete incorporation with your business network, connectivity with mobile communication devices, automated monitoring of efficiency and security, spam and virus protection, security update and revision management, Help Desk Call Center services, daily data backup, and full messaging administration support. With Progent's Hosting Services for Exchange, small and midsize businesses can save substantially on the cost of computers, infrastructure, and environmental control, reduce the hassle and uncertainty of in-house IT management, and benefit from enterprise-class levels of dependability, security, and performance.
Find out additional details on how Progent can provide Hosting and Management Services for Microsoft Exchange.
For clients who use Progent's Microsoft Exchange Server hosting services, Progent can also assist with setting up an on-site Exchange Server solution when a business is ready to develop an in-house data center.
Find out more about Progent's IT Outsourcing services.
To get in touch with Progent about professional assistance for Exchange Server technology or to ask about Progent's Microsoft Exchange hosting services, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.