Exchange 2000 Server
Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 was the initial email platform developed by Microsoft to utilize Active Directory rather than an internal directory structure. This design enhancement made MS Exchange Server 2K significantly easier to administer and Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 is still the heart of the email system used by numerous companies.
Years of background with Microsoft's email platforms makes Progent one of the most knowledgeable IT consulting firms in the United States for maintaining messaging environments based on MS Exchange Server 2000. Progent is experienced at assisting small businesses who continue to run Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server and Progent can help your company understand the business value of upgrading your Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 system to a more recent release of Exchange. (Refer to Progent's Exchange Server 2016 upgrade support services and Exchange Server 2013 consulting.)
Advantages of Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 Vs. Microsoft Exchange 5.5 Server
MS Exchange Server 2K offers major enhancements in capability compared to Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 in key areas such as connectivity, manageability, security, stability, capacity, and speed.
- The 2000 release of MS Exchange Server represented a dramatic increase in features over the Microsoft Exchange 5.5 web client. MS Exchange Server 2000 delivers a good implementation of the older Outlook interface, including scheduling and utilities. Consequently, authorized mobile workers can enjoy full, secure availability of email even in the absence of their mobile computer. All they need is an Internet-connected computer with a standard web browser.
- In contrast to MS Exchange 5.5, which uses its own directory, MS Exchange Server 2000 utilizes Microsoft Active Directory, providing a much simplified administration and security model. This makes Microsoft Exchange Server 2K easier to administer and support and in addition offers better security.
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server has a robust foundation for transparently integrating third-party software such as virus detection packages and anti-spamming utilities. MS Exchange Server 2K's strong API avoids the risks associated with Exchange 5.5 when integrating third-party utilities.
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server offers significantly increased capacity and responsiveness compared to Exchange 5.5. Therefore you can have more and larger mailboxes and gain quicker off-site connectivity.
Ways That Progent Can Assist Your Business to Support Microsoft Exchange Server 2K
Progent's MS Exchange Server 2000 help, troubleshooting and consulting services include assistance with the choice and integration of third-party enhancements that are best aligned to your company goals. Progent's consultants can in addition offer Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 upgrade support or MS Exchange Server 2010 upgrade support so you can avoid worrying about the issues involved with managing a messaging platform unsupported by Microsoft.
Advantages of MS Exchange 2000 Server Over an ISP-based or POP3 Email Environment
If your organization currently has clients relying on an email solution hosted by an ISP or if you are running your Outlook users in POP3 mode, your Microsoft Exchange Server 2K offers an array of enhanced features in the categories of ease of administration, performance, traffic volume, availability, and groupware:
- Unlike the store-and-forward technique used by POP3 messaging, Microsoft Exchange Server 2K uses a central-store architecture that liberates users from reliance on a specific workstation or notebook PC, lowers exposure to hardware failure or virus attacks, and allows on-line and off-line email, automatic backup, and sophisticated sharing and collaboration.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 has strong collaboration capabilities that allow teams to improve productivity by sharing datebooks, address books, email and data.
- The flexibility of Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server makes it easy to integrate third-party security enhancements or support wireless smartphones such as the Research in Motion BlackBerry.
- MS Exchange Server 2000 allows complete on-line backup without disturbing clients, enabling 24x7 operation by eliminating periodic downtime and maintenance interruptions.
How Progent Can Help You to Incorporate POP3 E-Mail Clients with Microsoft Exchange 2000
Progent's experience and field-proven methodologies can help you in performing a fast, transparent move of POP3 e-mail users to your Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server. Progent handles vital details such as managing domain names so that both local and off-site clients make a smooth transition from POP3 email.
How Progent Can Help You Upgrade from Exchange 2000 to Exchange Server 2016 or Exchange 2013
Progent has an extensive background assisting small and midsize companies to upgrade from MS Exchange 2000 Server to current releases of Exchange. Progent's consultants can also help your company to migrate to MS Exchange 2016 Server or move to Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 from MS Exchange 2000 Server at minimal expense or interruption of business. Progent's CISSP-certified network security consultants can ensure your security infrastructure and policies are sound and Progent's Cisco-authorized network engineers can make sure that your network infrastructure is fast, dependable, and easy to support.
Learn more details about how Progent can provide Exchange 2016 migration services and Microsoft Exchange 2013 Server upgrade consulting.
In order to ask Progent about technical support for Microsoft Exchange Server technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.
Progent's Consulting and Support Services for Microsoft Server Technology
For small businesses throughout the United States, Progent's Microsoft-authorized experts offer network assistance and IT consulting services for the entire family of Microsoft .NET servers and Microsoft Windows Servers. Progent's migration, integration, optimization, and support services cover network architecture, deployment, and management help for
project management and documentation, local and off-site
IT help and system troubleshooting,
Standard Help Desk Call Center Support or Shared Help Desk Call Center Support, certified
security consulting, IT
ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
In case your organization needs fast remote support from a certified engineer, visit Progent's Urgent Online Computer Support.
Read additional information about Progent's Support Services for Microsoft .NET Server Technology.