Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server
Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server was the first email platform developed by Microsoft to utilize Active Directory rather than its own directory structure. This architectural improvement made Microsoft Exchange Server 2K significantly easier to administer and MS Exchange Server 2K is still the heart of the messaging environment of many small businesses.
Extensive background with Microsoft's email technology makes Progent among the most knowledgeable computer consulting organizations in the United States for supporting messaging environments based on MS Exchange 2000 Server. Progent is experienced at assisting small companies who still operate MS Exchange 2000 Server and Progent can help your company understand the costs and benefits of migrating your Microsoft Exchange Server 2K environment to a current version of Exchange. (See Progent's Exchange 2016 upgrade support and Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 consulting.)
Benefits of MS Exchange Server 2K Over MS Exchange Server 5.5
MS Exchange Server 2K offers major enhancements in functionality over Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 in vital areas including accessibility, ease of administration, security, stability, capacity, and speed.
- The 2000 version of Microsoft Exchange Server represented a significant improvement in features in comparison to the MS Exchange 5.5 web client. MS Exchange Server 2000 offers a solid implementation of the traditional Outlook interface, including scheduling and utilities. Because of this, mobile users can have unrestricted, secure availability of email even without their mobile computer. All they need is a web accessible PC that has a standard web browser.
- In contrast to Microsoft Exchange 5.5, which has its built-in directory, MS Exchange Server 2K utilizes Microsoft Active Directory, providing a greatly simplified management and security architecture. This makes MS Exchange 2000 Server easier to administer and support and in addition offers better security.
- MS Exchange 2000 Server incorporates a strong architecture for transparently integrating third-party applications such as virus detection programs and anti-spamming utilities. MS Exchange 2000 Server's strong API avoids the instability existing with Exchange 5.5 when installing third-party utilities.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 offers dramatically improved capacity and performance over Exchange 5.5. This means you can deploy more and larger mailboxes and enjoy quicker off-site access.
Ways That Progent Can Assist Your Business to Support MS Exchange 2000 Server
Progent's Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server help, technical support and consulting services include assistance with the choice and configuration of third-party add-ons that are best matched to your company goals. Progent's engineers can also provide Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 upgrade support or Exchange 2010 migration help so you can avoid worrying about the issues associated with operating an email platform considered at end of life by Microsoft.
Advantages of Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Over an ISP-based or POP3 Email System
If your organization currently has users relying on an email solution hosted by an ISP or if you are managing your Outlook users in POP3 mode, your Microsoft Exchange Server 2K offers a wealth of enhanced features in the areas of manageability, responsiveness, traffic volume, availability, and groupware:
- Unlike the store-and-forward technique used by POP3 messaging, Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 uses a central-store architecture that liberates clients from reliance on a specific workstation or notebook PC, lowers vulnerability to hardware breakdowns or security breaches, and permits both on-line and off-line email, automatic backup, and advanced sharing and collaboration.
- MS Exchange Server 2K offers powerful collaboration features that enable teams to increase efficiency by sharing datebooks, addresses, messages and files.
- The flexibility of MS Exchange 2000 Server makes it possible to add third-party security software or accommodate wireless handhelds such as the RIM BlackBerry.
- MS Exchange Server 2000 permits full live backup without affecting users, making possible 24x7 operation by eliminating periodic shutdowns and administrative blackouts.
How Progent Can Assist Your Company to Integrate POP3 Clients with Exchange 2K
Progent's experience and efficient best practices can help you in performing a fast, seamless move of POP3 clients to your Microsoft Exchange 2K Server. Progent attends to vital details such as managing domain names so that both local and remote clients make a smooth transition from POP3 email.
How Progent Can Help You Migrate from Exchange 2K to Exchange Server 2016 or Exchange 2013
Progent has an extensive background assisting small and midsize businesses to upgrade from MS Exchange 2000 Server to current editions of Microsoft Exchange. Progent can also assist your company to upgrade to Exchange Server 2016 or move to Microsoft Exchange 2013 Server from Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 at minimal cost or interruption of business. Progent's CISA-qualified network security specialists can ensure your security infrastructure and policies are effective and Progent's Cisco-authorized network experts can make sure that your network infrastructure is efficient, reliable, and easy to support.
Find out more details about how Progent can deliver Microsoft Exchange 2016 migration services and Microsoft Exchange 2013 Server upgrade consulting.
If you wish to get in touch with Progent about professional help for Microsoft Exchange Server, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.
Progent's Consulting and Support Services for Microsoft Server Products
For small businesses anywhere in the United States, Progent's Microsoft-authorized consultants offer computer assistance and professional consulting support for the whole family of Microsoft .NET servers and Microsoft Windows Servers. Progent's planning, installation, optimization, and consulting capabilities include network architecture, deployment, and management outsourcing for
project analysis and documentation, local and remote
IT help and system repair,
Standard Call Center Services or Shared Call Center Services, comprehensive
security expertise, turn-key
ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
In case your organization needs fast online support from a certified consultant, visit Progent's Urgent Remote Computer Support.
Read more details concerning Progent's Consulting Services for Microsoft Server Technology.