Microsoft Exchange Server 2K is the first email platform released Microsoft to utilize AD directory services rather than a built-in directory structure. This design improvement made MS Exchange 2000 Server dramatically simpler to support and Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 continues to be the foundation of the messaging environment of numerous companies.
Years of experience with Microsoft's Exchange technology makes Progent among the most qualified computer consulting organizations in the U.S. for supporting email solutions powered by Microsoft Exchange Server 2000. Progent is experienced at assisting small companies who still operate MS Exchange Server 2000 and Progent can assist your organization assess the costs and benefits of migrating your MS Exchange Server 2K system to an up-to-date version of Exchange. (Refer to Progent's Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 migration support and Exchange Server 2013 expertise.)
Benefits of MS Exchange 2000 Server Vs. Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5
Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 offers important enhancements in functionality compared to MS Exchange Server 5.5 in vital areas including accessibility, ease of administration, security, stability, capacity, and speed.
- The 2000 version of Microsoft Exchange Server represented a dramatic increase in functionality in comparison to the Microsoft Exchange 5.5 web client. Microsoft Exchange Server 2K delivers a good rendition of the older Outlook interface, including calendaring and utilities. Because of this, authorized mobile workers can enjoy full, secure access to email even in the absence of their mobile computer. The only thing mobile clients need is a web accessible PC that has a conventional web browser.
- In contrast to Exchange 5.5, which has its own directory, Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 utilizes MS Active Directory, offering a much simplified management and security model. This makes Microsoft Exchange Server 2K simpler to administer and support and also provides tighter security.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2K incorporates a strong foundation for transparently adding third-party software such as virus detection programs and anti-spamming tools. MS Exchange Server 2000's strong API avoids the risks existing with Exchange 5.5 when integrating third-party utilities.
- MS Exchange Server 2000 offers significantly increased capacity and performance compared to Exchange 5.5. Therefore you can have more and bigger mailboxes and gain quicker remote access.
Ways That Progent Can Assist Your Business with Microsoft Exchange Server 2K
Progent's MS Exchange Server 2000 help, troubleshooting and consulting services include assistance with the choice and configuration of third-party add-ons that are appropriately aligned to your business strategy. Progent's consultants can in addition offer Exchange Server 2007 upgrade help or Microsoft Exchange 2010 migration help so you can avoid dealing with the problems involved with managing a messaging product unsupported by Microsoft.
Advantages of Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 Vs. an ISP-based or POP3 Email System
If your business currently has users supported by a messaging system hosted by an ISP or if you are running your Outlook clients in POP3 mode, your Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server provides a wealth of enhanced capabilities in the areas of ease of administration, performance, capacity, robustness, and groupware:
- Unlike the store-and-forward model used by POP3 messaging, MS Exchange Server 2000 uses a central-store architecture that frees clients from reliance on a single workstation or notebook computer, reduces vulnerability to hardware failure or security breaches, and allows both on-line and off-line email, auto-backup, and advanced sharing and team tasks.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 has strong collaboration capabilities that enable work groups to increase productivity by sharing calendaring, address books, email and files.
- The versatility of MS Exchange Server 2K makes it possible to integrate third-party security software or support wireless handhelds such as the Research in Motion BlackBerry.
- MS Exchange Server 2000 permits full live backup without disturbing clients, enabling 24x7 operation by eliminating scheduled shutdowns and maintenance blackouts.
How Progent Can Help You to Incorporate POP3 Users with Exchange 2K
Progent's expertise and field-proven methodologies can assist you in implementing a quick, transparent move of POP3 clients to your Microsoft Exchange 2K Server. Progent attends to critical issues such as managing domain names in order that both local and off-site clients make a non-disruptive switch from POP3 messaging.
How Progent Can Help You Move from Exchange 2000 to Exchange Server 2016 or Exchange 2013
Progent has a long background assisting small businesses to migrate from Exchange 2000 to more recent releases of Exchange. Progent's consultants can also assist you to upgrade to MS Exchange Server 2016 or migrate to Microsoft Exchange 2013 Server from MS Exchange Server 2000 at minimal cost or interruption of business. Progent's CISSP-qualified security consultants can make sure your security infrastructure and practices are sound and Progent's Cisco-certified network experts can verify that your connectivity infrastructure is efficient, dependable, and easy to support.
Find out more details about how Progent can deliver Microsoft Exchange 2016 Server migration support and MS Exchange 2013 upgrade consulting.
Hosting Support Services for Microsoft Exchange
If your company is considering updating your Microsoft Exchange 2000 system to an email solution based on Microsoft Exchange 2016 or Exchange 2013 Server, this is the perfect time to look at Progent's Hosting Support Services for Microsoft Exchange. Progent can operate your Exchange environment in a world-class data center with redundant electrical and cooling systems, 24x7 site security and IT support center, plus fault-tolerant access to Internet backbone service providers. Hosted Microsoft Exchange servers are set up as virtual servers for fault tolerance, easy scalability, and rapid recovery.
Services feature complete incorporation with your business network, connectivity with mobile computing products, automated monitoring of performance and network security, spam and virus protection, security update and revision management, Helpdesk services, daily backup, and full messaging administration services. With Progent's Hosting Support Services for Microsoft Exchange, small and midsize companies can save dramatically on the cost of servers, infrastructure, and cooling systems, reduce the distraction and risk of internal IT management, and benefit from world-class levels of dependability, security, and efficiency.
Learn additional information on how Progent can deliver Hosting Services for Microsoft Exchange.
To contact Progent about technical help for MS Exchange Server integration or to learn more about Progent's Exchange hosting services, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.
Progent's Consulting and Support Services for Microsoft Server Technology
For small companies throughout the U.S., Progent's Microsoft-authorized consultants offer network assistance and professional consulting services for the entire array of Microsoft .NET Enterprise Servers and Microsoft Windows Servers. Progent's migration, installation, update, and support services include network design, deployment, and management outsourcing for
project management and documentation, local and remote
technical support and network diagnosis,
Standard Help Desk Support or Co-managed Help Desk Call Center Support, certified
security expertise, IT
ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
In case your business requires immediate online support from a Microsoft certified engineer, go to Progent's Urgent Remote Technical Help.
Read more about Progent's Consulting and Support Services for Microsoft .NET Servers.