Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server
Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server was the initial messaging platform released Microsoft to use Active Directory rather than a non-standard directory system. This design revolution made MS Exchange Server 2K dramatically easier to manage and Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 is still the foundation of the messaging environment used by many small businesses.
Years of background with Microsoft's email technology makes Progent one of the most qualified computer consulting resources in the United States for maintaining messaging solutions based on MS Exchange Server 2000. Progent is expert at helping small businesses who continue to operate MS Exchange 2000 Server and Progent can assist your organization understand the business value of upgrading your MS Exchange Server 2K environment to an up-to-date version of Exchange. (Refer to Progent's Exchange Server 2016 upgrade support services and Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 expertise.)
Benefits of MS Exchange Server 2K Compared to MS Exchange Server 5.5
MS Exchange Server 2K offers important enhancements in capability compared to Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 in key areas including connectivity, ease of administration, protection, stability, capacity, and speed.
- The 2000 release of MS Exchange Server represented a dramatic improvement in functionality in comparison to the Microsoft Exchange 5.5 web interface. MS Exchange 2000 Server delivers a solid rendition of the familiar Outlook GUI, including scheduling and utilities. Consequently, authorized mobile users can have full, secure access to email even without a notebook. The only thing mobile clients need is an Internet-connected computer with a standard web browser.
- Unlike Exchange 5.5, which uses its built-in directory, MS Exchange Server 2000 utilizes Microsoft Active Directory, providing a much simplified management and security model. This makes Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 simpler to manage and support and also provides better security.
- MS Exchange 2000 Server has a robust architecture for seamlessly integrating third-party applications such as virus detection programs and anti-spamming tools. Microsoft Exchange Server 2000's strong Application Programming Interface eliminates the instability existing with Exchange 5.5 when installing third-party add-ins.
- MS Exchange Server 2K provides significantly increased capacity and performance compared to Exchange 5.5. Therefore you can have more and larger mailboxes and gain quicker remote connectivity.
How Progent Can Assist You to Support Microsoft Exchange Server 2000
Progent's Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server help, technical support and consulting capabilities include help with the choice and configuration of third-party add-ons that are best matched to your business goals. Progent's engineers can also offer MS Exchange 2007 upgrade support or Exchange Server 2010 migration support so you can stop dealing with the issues associated with managing a messaging product unsupported by Microsoft.
Advantages of MS Exchange 2000 Server Over an ISP-based or POP3 Email Environment
If your company currently has users relying on an email solution hosted by an Internet Service Provider or if you are managing your Outlook users in POP3 mode, your Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server provides an array of enhanced capabilities in the categories of manageability, responsiveness, traffic volume, availability, and collaboration:
- In contrast to the store-and-forward technique followed by POP3 email systems, Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server uses a central-store architecture that frees users from reliance on a specific workstation or notebook PC, lowers exposure to component breakdowns or virus attacks, and allows both on-line and off-line email, auto-backup, and advanced sharing and collaboration.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 offers strong collaboration capabilities that enable teams to improve productivity by sharing datebooks, addresses, messages and data.
- The versatility of MS Exchange Server 2000 makes it easy to add third-party security enhancements or support wireless handhelds such as the Research in Motion BlackBerry.
- MS Exchange Server 2K permits complete on-line backup without disturbing clients, enabling non-stop operation by avoiding scheduled downtime and administrative blackouts.
How Progent Can Help You to Integrate POP3 Users with Microsoft Exchange 2000
Progent's experience and field-proven methodologies can help you in performing a fast, transparent migration of POP3 users to your Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server. Progent attends to critical details such as managing domain names so that on-site and remote users make a non-disruptive switch from POP3 messaging.
How Progent Can Assist You Move from Exchange 2K to Exchange 2016 or Exchange 2013
Progent has an extensive background assisting small companies to migrate from MS Exchange 2000 Server to more recent releases of Exchange. Progent can also help you to upgrade to Exchange Server 2016 or upgrade to MS Exchange Server 2013 from Exchange Server 2000 at minimal expense or disruption of business. Progent's CISA-certified network security consultants can make sure your security infrastructure and policies are effective and Progent's Cisco-certified network experts can make sure that your connectivity infrastructure is fast, reliable, and easy to support.
Learn more details concerning how Progent can deliver Exchange 2016 Server migration support and Microsoft Exchange 2013 Server upgrade help.
Hosting Support Services for Exchange
If your company is thinking about upgrading your Exchange 2000 Server system to a messaging solution based on Exchange 2016 Server or Exchange 2013 Server, this is the perfect time to consider Progent's Hosting and Management Services for Exchange. Progent can run your Exchange environment in an enterprise-class data center with backed-up electrical and environmental control systems, 24x7 staffed security and operations center, plus fault-tolerant access to tier-1 Internet service providers. Hosted Microsoft Exchange servers are configured as virtual machines for high uptime, easy expandability, and fast restoration.
Progent's services include integration with your network, connectivity with mobile computing devices, automated tracking of efficiency and security, spam and virus protection, security update and service pack management, Help Desk support, daily backup, and comprehensive email management services. By using Progent's Hosting Services for Microsoft Exchange, small and midsize businesses can save dramatically on the cost of computers, infrastructure, and cooling systems, minimize the hassle and risk of internal IT management, and benefit from enterprise-class levels of fault-tolerance, protection, and performance.
Find out more details on how Progent can deliver Hosting Services for Microsoft Exchange.
In order to contact Progent about engineering support for Exchange Server or to ask about Progent's Microsoft Exchange hosting services, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.
Progent's Consulting and Support Services for Microsoft .NET Server Technology
For small companies anywhere in the United States, Progent's Microsoft-certified experts offer computer help and IT consulting services for the whole family of Microsoft .NET Enterprise Servers and Microsoft Windows Servers. Progent's migration, installation, update, and support capabilities cover network architecture, deployment, and management outsourcing for
project analysis and documentation, on-site and remote
technical help and network diagnosis,
Standard Help Desk Call Center Support or Co-managed Help Desk Call Center Services, certified
security consulting, IT
ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
In case your business needs fast online support from a Microsoft certified network expert, visit Progent's Urgent Remote Technical Help.
Learn more details about Progent's Support Services for Microsoft Server Technology.