Exchange 2000 Server
MS Exchange 2000 Server was the initial messaging solution released Microsoft to use Active Directory rather than a built-in directory structure. This design enhancement made MS Exchange Server 2000 significantly easier to manage and MS Exchange Server 2K is still the basis of the email environment used by many companies.
Years of background with Microsoft's Exchange platforms makes Progent among the most qualified IT consulting resources in the United States for maintaining messaging solutions based on Microsoft Exchange Server 2000. Progent is expert at assisting small businesses who continue to operate MS Exchange Server 2000 and Progent can help your organization assess the business value of upgrading your MS Exchange 2000 Server environment to an up-to-date release of Exchange. (See Progent's Exchange Server 2016 migration support services and Exchange 2013 consulting.)
Advantages of Microsoft Exchange Server 2K Compared to MS Exchange Server 5.5
MS Exchange Server 2K features important enhancements in capability over Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 in vital areas including connectivity, manageability, protection, stability, scalability, and performance.
- The 2000 release of MS Exchange Server represented a significant increase in functionality in comparison to the Microsoft Exchange 5.5 web interface. Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server delivers a solid rendition of the familiar Outlook GUI, including calendaring and tools. Because of this, mobile users can enjoy unrestricted, secure access to email even without their mobile computer. All they need is an Internet-connected computer with a conventional web browser.
- Unlike MS Exchange 5.5, which uses its built-in directory, Microsoft Exchange Server 2K utilizes Active Directory, providing a greatly simplified management and security model. This makes MS Exchange Server 2K easier to administer and support and also provides tighter security.
- MS Exchange Server 2000 has a strong architecture for seamlessly adding third-party applications such as virus scanning packages and anti-spamming utilities. Microsoft Exchange Server 2000's tested API avoids the risks existing with Exchange 5.5 when installing third-party add-ins.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 provides dramatically increased capacity and responsiveness over Exchange 5.5. Therefore you can have more and bigger mailboxes and gain faster remote access.
How Progent Can Assist You to Support MS Exchange Server 2K
Progent's MS Exchange 2000 Server help, troubleshooting and consulting services include help with the choice and integration of third-party enhancements that are best matched to your business goals. Progent's engineers can also offer Exchange 2007 upgrade support or MS Exchange Server 2010 migration support so you can avoid dealing with the issues associated with managing a messaging technology no longer supported by Microsoft.
Benefits of MS Exchange 2000 Server Compared to an ISP-based or POP3 Email System
If your organization currently has clients supported by a messaging solution hosted by an Internet Service Provider or if you are managing some Outlook users in POP3 mode, your MS Exchange 2000 Server provides a wealth of enhanced capabilities in the areas of ease of administration, performance, capacity, robustness, and collaboration:
- In contrast to the store-and-forward model used by POP3 email systems, Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 uses a central-store architecture that frees clients from dependence on a specific desktop or notebook PC, lowers vulnerability to hardware breakdowns or security breaches, and permits on-line and off-line email, automatic backup, and advanced sharing and team tasks.
- MS Exchange 2000 Server has powerful collaboration capabilities that enable teams to increase productivity by sharing datebooks, addresses, messages and files.
- The versatility of MS Exchange Server 2000 makes it easy to add third-party security software or support wireless smartphones such as the RIM BlackBerry.
- MS Exchange Server 2000 permits complete on-line backup without disturbing clients, making possible non-stop operation by avoiding scheduled downtime and maintenance interruptions.
How Progent Can Assist You to Integrate POP3 E-Mail Users with Microsoft Exchange 2000
Progent's experience and field-proven best practices can help you in performing a fast, seamless migration of POP3 e-mail clients to your Microsoft Exchange 2K Server. Progent handles critical details such as managing domain names so that both local and off-site clients make a non-disruptive switch from POP3 email.
How Progent Can Assist You Migrate from Exchange 2000 to Exchange Server 2016 or Exchange Server 2013
Progent has a long background helping small businesses to migrate from Microsoft Exchange 2000 to newer editions of Exchange. Progent's consultants can also assist you to move to Exchange Server 2016 or move to MS Exchange Server 2013 from MS Exchange Server 2000 at minimal expense or interruption of business operations. Progent's CISSP-certified security consultants can ensure your security infrastructure and policies are sound and Progent's Cisco-certified network engineers can make sure that your network infrastructure is efficient, dependable, and easy to manage.
Learn more details concerning how Progent can provide MS Exchange 2016 Server migration support and Exchange 2013 upgrade help.
Hosting Support Services for Microsoft Exchange
If you are thinking about upgrading your Exchange 2000 Server installation to an email solution powered by Exchange 2016 or Exchange 2013 Server, this is an ideal opportunity to look at Progent's Hosting and Management Services for Microsoft Exchange. Progent can run your Exchange system in an enterprise-class facility that features backed-up power and cooling systems, 24x7 staffed security and operations center, plus fault-tolerant connections to Internet backbone service providers. Hosted Exchange servers are set up as virtualized machines for fault tolerance, smooth expandability, and fast restoration.
Services include complete incorporation with your business network, access to mobile computing products, automated tracking of efficiency and security, spam protection, patch and service pack management, Helpdesk services, per-day data backup, and comprehensive email administration support. With Progent's Hosting Support Services for Exchange, small and midsize businesses can economize dramatically on the expense of computers, network appliances, and cooling systems, reduce the hassle and uncertainty of internal IT management, and have the advantage of enterprise-class levels of fault-tolerance, security, and efficiency.
Learn additional details about how Progent can deliver Hosting Services for Exchange.
If you wish to contact Progent about professional expertise for Microsoft Exchange Server technology or to ask about Progent's Exchange hosting services, phone 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.
Progent's Support Services for Microsoft Server Technology
For small businesses anywhere in the U.S., Progent's Microsoft-authorized experts offer computer assistance and IT consulting support for the entire array of Microsoft .NET servers and Windows Servers. Progent's migration, integration, optimization, and support capabilities include system design, deployment, and administration help for
project management and documentation, local and off-site
IT support and network troubleshooting,
Help Desk Outsourcing Services, comprehensive
security consulting, IT
ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
If your organization is looking for fast remote help from a certified engineer, visit Progent's Emergency Remote Computer Help.
Find out additional details concerning Progent's Consulting Services for Microsoft Server Technology.