Exchange 2000 Server
Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 is the initial email platform developed by Microsoft to use AD directory services rather than a non-standard directory system. This design revolution made Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server dramatically easier to manage and Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server is still the heart of the email environment used by numerous small businesses.
Years of background with Microsoft's email platforms makes Progent among the most knowledgeable IT consulting firms in the United States for supporting email solutions powered by MS Exchange Server 2000. Progent is experienced at assisting small companies who continue to operate MS Exchange 2000 Server and Progent can help your organization understand the costs and benefits of migrating your MS Exchange Server 2K system to a current version of Exchange. (Refer to Progent's Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 migration planning and support services and Exchange 2013 expertise.)
Advantages of MS Exchange Server 2000 Vs. MS Exchange 5.5 Server
Microsoft Exchange Server 2K offers important enhancements in functionality compared to MS Exchange 5.5 Server in key areas including connectivity, ease of administration, security, robustness, capacity, and speed.
- The 2000 version of MS Exchange Server brought a dramatic improvement in functionality over the Microsoft Exchange 5.5 web interface. MS Exchange Server 2000 offers a solid implementation of the traditional Outlook interface, including scheduling and tools. Consequently, authorized mobile workers can have unrestricted, protected access to email even in the absence of their mobile computer. The only thing mobile clients require is an Internet-connected computer that has a conventional web browser.
- Unlike Microsoft Exchange 5.5, which uses its own directory, Microsoft Exchange Server 2K uses Active Directory, offering a greatly simplified management and security model. This makes Microsoft Exchange Server 2K easier to manage and support and in addition offers better protection.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2K has a robust foundation for transparently integrating third-party software such as virus detection programs and anti-spamming utilities. Microsoft Exchange Server 2K's tested API eliminates the instability existing with Exchange 5.5 when integrating third-party add-ins.
- MS Exchange Server 2000 provides dramatically improved capacity and responsiveness compared to Exchange 5.5. This means you can have more and larger mailboxes and gain faster off-site access.
Ways That Progent Can Assist Your Business to Support MS Exchange Server 2K
Progent's MS Exchange Server 2K help, troubleshooting and consulting services include help with the selection and configuration of third-party add-ons that are best matched to your business goals. Progent's engineers can in addition provide MS Exchange 2007 migration support or Exchange Server 2010 upgrade help so you can stop dealing with the issues associated with managing a messaging platform considered at end of life by Microsoft.
Benefits of Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 Over an ISP-based or POP3 Email Environment
If your business currently has clients supported by a messaging system hosted by an Internet Service Provider or if you are running some Outlook clients in POP3 mode, your Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 offers an array of enhanced features in the categories of ease of administration, performance, traffic volume, availability, and collaboration:
- Unlike the store-and-forward technique followed by POP3 messaging, MS Exchange Server 2K uses a central-store architecture that liberates clients from dependence on a single desktop or notebook computer, reduces exposure to hardware failure or malicious software, and allows on-line and off-line email, auto-backup, and sophisticated sharing and team tasks.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 offers powerful collaboration features that allow teams to increase efficiency by sharing calendaring, address books, messages and files.
- The flexibility of MS Exchange 2000 Server makes it possible to add third-party security enhancements or accommodate wireless smartphones such as the Research in Motion BlackBerry.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2K allows complete on-line backup without disturbing clients, making possible 24x7 operation by avoiding periodic downtime and maintenance interruptions.
How Progent Can Help Your Company to Integrate POP3 Clients with Exchange 2K
Progent's expertise and field-proven methodologies can assist you in implementing a fast, seamless move of POP3 e-mail clients to your MS Exchange 2K Server. Progent attends to vital issues such as coordinating domain names so that both local and remote clients make a non-disruptive transition from POP3 e-mail.
How Progent Can Help You Upgrade from Exchange 2K to Exchange 2016 or Exchange Server 2013
Progent has an extensive background assisting small companies to migrate from MS Exchange 2000 to more recent releases of Microsoft Exchange. Progent can also help you to move to Exchange Server 2016 or upgrade to Microsoft Exchange 2013 Server from Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server at minimal expense or interruption of business operations. Progent's CISM-qualified network security specialists can ensure your security infrastructure and policies are effective and Progent's Cisco-certified network engineers can make sure that your connectivity architecture is fast, reliable, and simple to manage.
Learn more about how Progent can deliver Microsoft Exchange 2016 Server migration support and Microsoft Exchange 2013 upgrade consulting.
Hosting Support Services for Exchange
If you are thinking about updating your Exchange 2000 system to a messaging environment based on Exchange 2016 or Microsoft Exchange 2013, now is an ideal time to consider Progent's Hosting and Management Services for Microsoft Exchange. Progent can operate your Exchange environment in an enterprise-class facility that features redundant power and cooling systems, round-the-clock site security and IT support center, plus failover access to tier-1 Internet service companies. Hosted Microsoft Exchange servers are configured as virtual servers for service continuity, easy expandability, and fast recovery.
Services include integration with your business network, access to mobile communication products, automated tracking of performance and security, spam and virus protection, patch and revision management, Helpdesk support, daily data backup, and full messaging administration support. With Progent's Hosting Support Services for Exchange, small companies can save substantially on the cost of computers, infrastructure, and cooling systems, minimize the hassle and uncertainty of internal network management, and have the advantage of world-class levels of fault-tolerance, protection, and performance.
Find out additional details about how Progent can deliver Hosting and Management Services for Microsoft Exchange.
If you wish to contact Progent about consulting expertise for MS Exchange Server technology or to ask about Progent's Exchange hosting services, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.
Progent's Consulting Services for Microsoft Server Technology
For small and mid-sized businesses across the U.S., Progent's Microsoft-certified experts offer network help and IT consulting support for the whole array of Microsoft .NET Enterprise Servers and Windows Servers. Progent's planning, installation, optimization, and support capabilities include network design, configuration, and management help for
project management and documentation, local and remote
technical help and network troubleshooting,
Standard Call Center Services or Co-managed Help Desk Call Center Services, certified
security consulting, IT
ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
In case your company is looking for fast online help from a Microsoft certified network expert, visit Progent's Urgent Remote Computer Help.
Find out additional details concerning Progent's Support Services for Microsoft .NET Server Technology.