Microsoft Exchange 2000
Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server is the initial email platform released Microsoft to utilize AD directory services instead of an internal directory system. This design enhancement made Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server significantly easier to administer and MS Exchange Server 2K continues to be the foundation of the email system of many companies.
Extensive background with Microsoft's Exchange technology makes Progent among the most knowledgeable IT consulting firms in the U.S. for supporting messaging solutions powered by MS Exchange Server 2000. Progent is experienced at helping small businesses who still run MS Exchange Server 2000 and Progent can help your company assess the business value of upgrading your Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 system to a current release of Exchange. (Refer to Progent's Microsoft Exchange 2016 migration planning and support and Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 expertise.)
Advantages of MS Exchange Server 2K Compared to MS Exchange 5.5 Server
MS Exchange Server 2K offers major enhancements in functionality compared to MS Exchange 5.5 Server in vital areas including connectivity, ease of administration, security, robustness, scalability, and speed.
- The 2000 release of MS Exchange Server represented a dramatic increase in features in comparison to the Exchange 5.5 web interface. MS Exchange 2000 Server delivers a good rendition of the familiar Outlook interface, including calendaring and tools. Because of this, mobile users can have full, secure availability of email even in the absence of their mobile computer. All they need is a web accessible PC with a standard web browser.
- Unlike Exchange 5.5, which uses its own directory, Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 uses Active Directory, offering a much simplified administration and security architecture. This makes Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 simpler to administer and support and in addition provides better security.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 has a strong foundation for transparently integrating third-party software such as virus scanning programs and anti-spamming utilities. MS Exchange 2000 Server's tested Application Programming Interface eliminates the risks existing with Exchange 5.5 when integrating third-party add-ins.
- MS Exchange 2000 Server provides dramatically increased capacity and performance compared to Exchange 5.5. This means you can deploy more and larger mailboxes and enjoy faster off-site access.
Ways That Progent Can Help You with Microsoft Exchange Server 2K
Progent's MS Exchange Server 2000 help, troubleshooting and consulting services include assistance with the selection and integration of third-party add-ons that are appropriately matched to your company goals. Progent's consultants can also offer Exchange Server 2007 migration support or Microsoft Exchange 2010 migration help so you can avoid dealing with the issues involved with managing a messaging platform no longer supported by Microsoft.
Benefits of Microsoft Exchange Server 2K Compared to an ISP-based or POP3 Email System
If your business still has clients supported by a messaging solution hosted by an Internet Service Provider or if you are running some Outlook users in POP3 mode, your Microsoft Exchange Server 2K provides an array of enhanced capabilities in the areas of manageability, responsiveness, capacity, robustness, and groupware:
- Unlike the store-and-forward technique followed by POP3 messaging, Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 uses a central-store architecture that frees clients from reliance on a specific desktop or notebook computer, lowers vulnerability to component failure or malicious software, and permits on-line and off-line email, automatic backup, and advanced sharing and team tasks.
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server offers powerful collaboration features that allow work groups to improve productivity by sharing datebooks, address books, messages and data.
- The flexibility of MS Exchange Server 2K makes it easy to add third-party security enhancements or accommodate wireless smartphones such as the Research in Motion BlackBerry.
- MS Exchange Server 2000 permits complete on-line backup without disturbing clients, making possible non-stop operation by eliminating scheduled downtime and maintenance blackouts.
How Progent Can Assist You to Incorporate POP3 E-Mail Clients with Microsoft Exchange 2000
Progent's experience and field-proven best practices can help you in performing a fast, seamless migration of POP3 e-mail users to your MS Exchange 2K Server. Progent attends to critical issues such as managing domain names in order that on-site and remote clients make a non-disruptive switch from POP3 email.
How Progent Can Assist You Move from Exchange 2000 to Exchange Server 2016 or Exchange 2013
Progent has a long background assisting small businesses to migrate from MS Exchange 2000 to newer releases of Exchange. Progent can also help you to move to MS Exchange Server 2016 or move to Microsoft Exchange 2013 Server from Microsoft Exchange 2000 at the least possible cost or disruption of business. Progent's CISM-accredited network security specialists can make sure your security infrastructure and practices are sound and Progent's Cisco-certified network engineers can verify that your network infrastructure is efficient, dependable, and simple to support.
Learn more details about how Progent can deliver Exchange 2016 migration support and MS Exchange 2013 upgrade consulting.
Hosting Services for Exchange
If your company is considering upgrading your MS Exchange 2000 Server installation to a messaging environment powered by Exchange 2016 or Exchange 2013, this is the perfect opportunity to consider Progent's Hosting Support Services for Microsoft Exchange. Progent can run your Exchange environment in an enterprise-class data center with redundant power and environmental control systems, 24x7 site security and operations center, plus fault-tolerant access to tier-1 Internet service companies. Hosted Exchange servers are configured as virtual servers for fault tolerance, easy scalability, and fast restoration.
Progent's services include integration with your business network, access to mobile computing products, continual monitoring of efficiency and network security, spam and virus protection, patch and service pack management, Help Desk Call Center services, per-day backup, and comprehensive messaging administration services. Through the use of Progent's Hosting and Management Services for Exchange, small companies can economize substantially on the expense of computers, network appliances, and environmental control, minimize the hassle and uncertainty of internal network management, and benefit from world-class levels of dependability, protection, and efficiency.
Learn more details on ways Progent can deliver Hosting and Management Services for Exchange.
In order to get in touch with Progent about engineering help for MS Exchange Server or to learn more about Progent's Microsoft Exchange hosting services, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.
Progent's Support Services for Microsoft .NET Server Technology
For small and mid-sized businesses anywhere in the U.S., Progent's Microsoft-authorized consultants can provide network assistance and IT consulting support for the whole array of Microsoft .NET servers and Windows Servers. Progent's planning, integration, update, and consulting capabilities cover network architecture, configuration, and management outsourcing for
project analysis and documentation, local and remote
technical support and system troubleshooting,
Standard Help Desk Services or Shared Call Center Support, certified
security expertise, full-service
ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
If your company requires immediate remote help from a certified consultant, go to Progent's Emergency Online Network Help.
Learn more details about Progent's Consulting and Support Services for Microsoft .NET Server Technology.