Microsoft Exchange 2000
MS Exchange Server 2K was the first email platform released Microsoft to utilize AD directory services instead of its own directory system. This architectural revolution made MS Exchange Server 2K dramatically simpler to manage and MS Exchange Server 2000 is still the heart of the messaging environment used by many companies.
Years of background with Microsoft's Exchange platforms makes Progent among the most knowledgeable computer consulting firms in the United States for maintaining email environments based on MS Exchange 2000 Server. Progent is expert at helping small businesses who still run MS Exchange 2000 Server and Progent can assist your company understand the business value of upgrading your Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 system to an up-to-date release of Exchange. (See Progent's Exchange 2016 migration planning and support services and Exchange Server 2013 expertise.)
Advantages of MS Exchange Server 2K Compared to MS Exchange Server 5.5
Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 offers important improvements in functionality over MS Exchange Server 5.5 in key areas such as accessibility, ease of administration, protection, robustness, scalability, and performance.
- The 2K release of Microsoft Exchange Server represented a significant improvement in features over the MS Exchange 5.5 web interface. MS Exchange Server 2000 delivers a good rendition of the older Outlook interface, including scheduling and utilities. Consequently, authorized mobile users can enjoy full, secure availability of email even without their mobile computer. The only thing mobile clients require is an Internet-connected PC that has a standard web browser.
- In contrast to Microsoft Exchange 5.5, which has its own directory, Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 uses Active Directory, offering a greatly simplified management and security architecture. This makes Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 simpler to manage and support and in addition offers better protection.
- MS Exchange Server 2K has a robust foundation for seamlessly integrating third-party software such as virus detection packages and anti-spamming utilities. Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server's tested API avoids the risks existing with Exchange 5.5 when integrating third-party utilities.
- MS Exchange Server 2000 offers significantly improved capacity and responsiveness compared to Exchange 5.5. Therefore you can deploy more and bigger mailboxes and enjoy quicker remote connectivity.
How Progent Can Assist You with Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server
Progent's MS Exchange Server 2000 help, troubleshooting and consulting capabilities include assistance with the selection and integration of third-party enhancements that are best aligned to your company goals. Progent's consultants can in addition offer MS Exchange Server 2007 migration help or Microsoft Exchange 2010 migration support so you can stop worrying about the issues involved with operating a messaging platform considered at end of life by Microsoft.
Benefits of Microsoft Exchange Server 2K Over an ISP-based or POP3 Email System
If your organization currently has users relying on a messaging solution hosted by an ISP or if you are managing your Outlook users in POP3 mode, your Microsoft Exchange Server 2K provides an array of enhanced capabilities in the areas of manageability, performance, capacity, availability, and groupware:
- Unlike the store-and-forward model used by POP3 messaging, MS Exchange Server 2000 implements a central-store architecture that liberates users from dependence on a single desktop or notebook computer, lowers exposure to component failure or virus attacks, and permits on-line and off-line email, auto-backup, and advanced sharing and team tasks.
- MS Exchange Server 2K offers strong collaboration features that enable work groups to increase productivity by sharing datebooks, address books, email and data.
- The versatility of MS Exchange 2000 Server makes it easy to integrate third-party security enhancements or support wireless smartphones such as the RIM BlackBerry.
- MS Exchange Server 2K allows full on-line backup without affecting users, making possible non-stop operation by eliminating scheduled shutdowns and maintenance interruptions.
How Progent Can Assist You to Incorporate POP3 E-Mail Clients with Exchange 2K
Progent's expertise and field-proven best practices can assist you in implementing a fast, seamless move of POP3 e-mail clients to your Microsoft Exchange 2K Server. Progent handles critical details such as coordinating domain names in order that both local and remote users make a non-disruptive transition from POP3 email.
How Progent Can Help You Move from Exchange 2000 to Exchange Server 2016 or Exchange Server 2013
Progent has an extensive background helping small and midsize companies to migrate from Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server to current editions of Microsoft Exchange. Progent can also assist you to migrate to MS Exchange Server 2016 or upgrade to Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 from Microsoft Exchange 2000 at the least possible expense or disruption of business. Progent's CISA-certified security consultants can make sure your security technology and policies are effective and Progent's Cisco-authorized network engineers can make sure that your connectivity infrastructure is efficient, dependable, and easy to support.
Find out more about how Progent can deliver MS Exchange 2016 migration services and MS Exchange 2013 Server upgrade help.
Hosting Services for Exchange
If your company is considering updating your Exchange 2000 system to an email solution based on Exchange 2016 Server or Exchange 2013 Server, this is an ideal opportunity to look at Progent's Hosting and Management Services for Microsoft Exchange. Progent can operate your Exchange environment in a world-class facility that features redundant power and cooling systems, 24x7 staffed security and IT support center, and failover access to tier-1 Internet service providers. Hosted Microsoft Exchange servers are set up as virtualized machines for high uptime, easy scalability, and rapid restoration.
Services include complete incorporation with your network, access to mobile communication devices, continual monitoring of efficiency and security, spam and virus protection, patch and service pack management, Help Desk Call Center support, daily backup, and comprehensive messaging management support. By using Progent's Hosting Support Services for Exchange, small companies can economize substantially on the cost of servers, infrastructure, and environmental control, minimize the hassle and uncertainty of in-house IT management, and have the advantage of world-class levels of fault-tolerance, security, and performance.
Learn additional details on how Progent can provide Hosting and Management Services for Exchange.
To ask Progent about technical assistance for MS Exchange Server integration or to ask about Progent's Exchange hosting services, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.
Progent's Consulting Services for Microsoft Server Technology
For small companies anywhere in the U.S., Progent's Microsoft-authorized experts offer network help and professional consulting support for the whole family of Microsoft .NET servers and Microsoft Windows Servers. Progent's planning, installation, update, and support capabilities cover system architecture, deployment, and administration outsourcing for
project management and documentation, local and off-site
IT help and network repair,
Standard Help Desk Support or Co-managed Help Desk Call Center Services, comprehensive
security consulting, IT
ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
In case your business is looking for immediate online support from a Microsoft certified network expert, refer to Progent's Emergency Remote Network Help.
Learn additional details concerning Progent's Consulting and Support Services for Microsoft Server Technology.