Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server
Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 was the initial messaging platform developed by Microsoft to use AD directory services instead of an internal directory structure. This design revolution made Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 significantly simpler to support and MS Exchange 2000 Server continues to be the heart of the email environment of numerous companies.
Extensive experience with Microsoft's Exchange platforms makes Progent among the most qualified IT consulting organizations in the United States for maintaining messaging solutions powered by Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server. Progent is expert at helping small businesses who continue to operate Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server and Progent can help your company assess the costs and benefits of migrating your Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server environment to a more recent release of Exchange. (Refer to Progent's Microsoft Exchange 2016 migration support services and Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 consulting.)
Benefits of MS Exchange 2000 Server Compared to MS Exchange 5.5 Server
MS Exchange Server 2K offers major enhancements in functionality over Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 in vital areas including accessibility, manageability, protection, stability, capacity, and speed.
- The 2K version of MS Exchange Server brought a significant improvement in functionality in comparison to the MS Exchange 5.5 web interface. MS Exchange 2000 Server offers a good rendition of the older Outlook GUI, including scheduling and tools. As a result, authorized mobile users can enjoy unrestricted, secure availability of email even in the absence of a notebook. All mobile clients require is a web accessible PC that has a standard web browser.
- In contrast to Exchange 5.5, which has its built-in directory, Microsoft Exchange Server 2K uses Active Directory, offering a much simplified management and security model. This makes MS Exchange Server 2K simpler to administer and support and in addition offers better security.
- MS Exchange Server 2000 has a strong architecture for seamlessly integrating third-party applications such as virus scanning packages and anti-spamming utilities. MS Exchange 2000 Server's strong API eliminates the instability associated with Exchange 5.5 when integrating third-party utilities.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 offers dramatically improved capacity and performance over Exchange 5.5. Therefore you can deploy more and larger mailboxes and gain quicker off-site connectivity.
Ways That Progent Can Help Your Business to Support Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server
Progent's MS Exchange Server 2000 help, troubleshooting and consulting services include assistance with the selection and integration of third-party enhancements that are appropriately matched to your business goals. Progent's engineers can also provide MS Exchange Server 2007 migration support or MS Exchange 2010 upgrade support so you can stop worrying about the problems associated with operating a messaging product considered at end of life by Microsoft.
Advantages of MS Exchange Server 2K Vs. an ISP-based or POP3 Email System
If your business currently has clients supported by an email solution hosted by an Internet Service Provider or if you are managing your Outlook users in POP3 mode, your MS Exchange 2000 Server offers a wealth of enhanced features in the areas of manageability, responsiveness, capacity, availability, and collaboration:
- In contrast to the store-and-forward model followed by POP3 messaging, MS Exchange 2000 Server implements a central-store model that liberates clients from reliance on a single desktop or notebook PC, reduces vulnerability to component breakdowns or security breaches, and permits both on-line and off-line email, auto-backup, and advanced sharing and collaboration.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2K offers strong collaboration capabilities that allow work groups to increase productivity by sharing datebooks, address books, messages and files.
- The versatility of Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 makes it possible to add third-party security enhancements or accommodate wireless handhelds such as the Research in Motion BlackBerry.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 allows complete on-line backup without affecting users, enabling non-stop operation by eliminating scheduled shutdowns and maintenance blackouts.
How Progent Can Assist Your Company to Incorporate POP3 Users with Microsoft Exchange 2000
Progent's experience and field-proven best practices can assist you in performing a quick, seamless migration of POP3 e-mail clients to your Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server. Progent handles vital details such as managing domain names in order that on-site and remote users make a non-disruptive transition from POP3 e-mail.
How Progent Can Help You Migrate from Exchange 2000 to Exchange Server 2016 or Exchange Server 2013
Progent has a long background helping small and midsize businesses to upgrade from Exchange 2000 to newer editions of Microsoft Exchange. Progent can also assist your company to migrate to MS Exchange 2016 Server or upgrade to Exchange Server 2013 from MS Exchange 2000 Server at minimal expense or disruption of business operations. Progent's CISM-certified security consultants can make sure your security infrastructure and policies are effective and Progent's Cisco-certified network experts can verify that your connectivity infrastructure is efficient, reliable, and simple to support.
Find out more concerning how Progent can deliver Microsoft Exchange 2016 Server migration support and Microsoft Exchange 2013 upgrade consulting.
Hosting Support Services for Exchange
If your company is thinking about updating your Exchange 2000 installation to an email environment powered by Exchange 2016 Server or Exchange 2013, this is the perfect time to consider Progent's Hosting Support Services for Microsoft Exchange. Progent can operate your Exchange environment in an enterprise-class data center with redundant electrical and cooling systems, 24x7 staffed security and operations center, and failover connections to tier-1 Internet service providers. Hosted Microsoft Exchange servers are configured as virtual servers for high availability, smooth expandability, and fast recovery.
Services feature complete incorporation with your network, access to mobile computing products, continual tracking of performance and security, spam and virus protection, security update and service pack management, Help Desk services, per-day data backup, and comprehensive messaging management support. By using Progent's Hosting Support Services for Exchange, small and midsize businesses can economize dramatically on the expense of servers, network appliances, and cooling systems, minimize the hassle and uncertainty of in-house network management, and benefit from world-class levels of fault-tolerance, protection, and efficiency.
Find out additional information on how Progent can provide Hosting Support Services for Exchange.
In order to contact Progent about technical expertise for Microsoft Exchange Server integration or to learn more about Progent's Exchange hosting services, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.
Progent's Consulting and Support Services for Microsoft Server Technology
For small businesses throughout the United States, Progent's Microsoft-certified experts offer network assistance and professional consulting support for the entire array of Microsoft .NET Enterprise Servers, Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 Server, Windows Server 2008, and Microsoft Windows Server 2003. Progent's migration, installation, optimization, and consulting capabilities include network architecture, configuration, and management help for
project management and documentation, on-site and remote
IT support and system diagnosis,
Help Desk Support, certified
security expertise, turn-key
ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
If your business needs immediate remote help from a Microsoft certified engineer, visit Progent's Urgent Remote Network Support.
Read more details concerning Progent's Support Services for Microsoft Server Technology.