Microsoft Exchange 2000
MS Exchange Server 2000 is the first email platform developed by Microsoft to use AD directory services instead of its own directory system. This design improvement made Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server significantly easier to support and MS Exchange Server 2000 is still the basis of the email system of many small businesses.
Years of experience with Microsoft's Exchange platforms makes Progent among the most knowledgeable computer consulting resources in the United States for supporting messaging environments based on Microsoft Exchange Server 2000. Progent is expert at assisting small businesses who continue to operate MS Exchange Server 2000 and Progent can assist your company assess the costs and benefits of upgrading your Microsoft Exchange Server 2K environment to an up-to-date release of Exchange. (Refer to Progent's Exchange 2016 upgrade support and Exchange Server 2013 expertise.)
Advantages of Microsoft Exchange Server 2K Vs. MS Exchange 5.5 Server
Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server offers major improvements in functionality over MS Exchange 5.5 Server in vital areas such as connectivity, manageability, security, robustness, scalability, and speed.
- The 2K release of Microsoft Exchange Server brought a significant increase in features in comparison to the MS Exchange 5.5 web client. Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 delivers a solid rendition of the traditional Outlook GUI, including calendaring and utilities. Consequently, authorized mobile workers can enjoy unrestricted, protected availability of email even without their mobile computer. All they require is an Internet-connected PC that has a standard web browser.
- In contrast to Microsoft Exchange 5.5, which has its built-in directory, Microsoft Exchange Server 2K uses Microsoft Active Directory, offering a much simplified administration and security model. This makes MS Exchange 2000 Server simpler to administer and support and in addition offers better security.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 incorporates a robust architecture for seamlessly integrating third-party software such as virus detection programs and anti-spamming utilities. MS Exchange Server 2K's tested API avoids the risks associated with Exchange 5.5 when integrating third-party utilities.
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server provides dramatically improved capacity and performance over Exchange 5.5. Therefore you can have more and larger mailboxes and gain faster off-site connectivity.
Ways That Progent Can Help Your Business to Support MS Exchange Server 2K
Progent's MS Exchange 2000 Server help, technical support and consulting services include assistance with the selection and integration of third-party add-ons that are best aligned to your business strategy. Progent's engineers can in addition offer MS Exchange Server 2007 migration help or Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 upgrade support so you can stop worrying about the issues involved with managing a messaging product unsupported by Microsoft.
Advantages of Microsoft Exchange Server 2K Compared to an ISP-based or POP3 Email System
If your business still has users relying on an email solution hosted by an Internet Service Provider or if you are running some Outlook users in POP3 mode, your Microsoft Exchange Server 2K offers an array of enhanced capabilities in the categories of ease of administration, performance, capacity, availability, and collaboration:
- Unlike the store-and-forward model followed by POP3 email systems, MS Exchange 2000 Server uses a central-store model that frees clients from dependence on a specific desktop or notebook PC, lowers vulnerability to component breakdowns or virus attacks, and permits both on-line and off-line email, auto-backup, and advanced sharing and team tasks.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2K offers powerful collaboration features that enable teams to improve productivity by sharing calendaring, address books, email and data.
- The flexibility of Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 makes it easy to add third-party security software or accommodate wireless handhelds such as the RIM BlackBerry.
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server permits full on-line backup without disturbing users, making possible 24x7 operation by avoiding scheduled shutdowns and maintenance interruptions.
How Progent Can Assist You to Incorporate POP3 E-Mail Users with Exchange 2000
Progent's experience and field-proven methodologies can assist you in performing a quick, transparent migration of POP3 e-mail users to your Microsoft Exchange 2K Server. Progent attends to vital issues such as managing domain names so that both local and remote users make a non-disruptive transition from POP3 email.
How Progent Can Assist You Upgrade from Exchange 2000 to Exchange Server 2016 or Exchange Server 2013
Progent has an extensive background helping small businesses to upgrade from Exchange 2000 Server to more recent editions of Exchange. Progent can also help you to move to Exchange 2016 Server or move to Microsoft Exchange 2013 Server from Exchange 2000 at the least possible cost or disruption of business. Progent's CISSP-certified security consultants can ensure your security technology and policies are effective and Progent's Cisco-certified network engineers can make sure that your connectivity infrastructure is efficient, reliable, and simple to manage.
Learn more details concerning how Progent can deliver Exchange 2016 Server migration support and Exchange 2013 upgrade consulting.
If you wish to contact Progent about engineering support for MS Exchange Server technology, phone 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.
Progent's Support Services for Microsoft .NET Server Technology
For small and mid-sized companies anywhere in the United States, Progent's Microsoft-authorized experts offer computer assistance and IT consulting support for the whole array of Microsoft .NET Enterprise Servers and Windows Servers. Progent's migration, integration, update, and consulting services include system design, deployment, and management help for
project management and documentation, on-site and off-site
IT help and network troubleshooting,
Standard Help Desk Services or Shared Help Desk Support, comprehensive
security expertise, full-service
ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
In case your organization requires immediate online support from a certified engineer, go to Progent's Urgent Online Technical Help.
Find out more concerning Progent's Consulting Services for Microsoft .NET Server Technology.