Microsoft Exchange 2000
MS Exchange Server 2000 is the initial email solution released Microsoft to use Active Directory instead of a non-standard directory structure. This architectural enhancement made Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server dramatically simpler to manage and Microsoft Exchange Server 2K continues to be the basis of the email system used by many small businesses.
Years of background with Microsoft's Exchange platforms makes Progent one of the most qualified IT consulting resources in the United States for supporting email solutions based on MS Exchange 2000 Server. Progent is experienced at helping small businesses who still run MS Exchange 2000 Server and Progent can help you assess the business value of migrating your MS Exchange Server 2000 environment to a current version of Exchange. (Refer to Progent's Exchange Server 2016 upgrade support services and Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 expertise.)
Benefits of MS Exchange 2000 Server Vs. MS Exchange 5.5 Server
Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 features major enhancements in functionality compared to MS Exchange 5.5 Server in key areas such as connectivity, manageability, security, stability, capacity, and performance.
- The 2000 version of Microsoft Exchange Server brought a significant increase in features over the Exchange 5.5 web interface. MS Exchange Server 2000 delivers a solid implementation of the traditional Outlook interface, including calendaring and utilities. Because of this, authorized mobile users can have unrestricted, secure access to email even in the absence of their mobile computer. All mobile clients require is an Internet-connected PC with a standard web browser.
- Unlike Exchange 5.5, which has its built-in directory, MS Exchange 2000 Server uses Microsoft Active Directory, offering a greatly simplified administration and security model. This makes MS Exchange 2000 Server easier to administer and support and also offers better protection.
- MS Exchange Server 2K incorporates a strong foundation for seamlessly adding third-party software such as virus scanning packages and anti-spamming tools. MS Exchange Server 2K's tested API eliminates the risks existing with Exchange 5.5 when installing third-party utilities.
- MS Exchange Server 2K provides dramatically increased capacity and performance compared to Exchange 5.5. This means you can have more and bigger mailboxes and gain quicker remote access.
Ways That Progent Can Assist Your Business to Support MS Exchange Server 2K
Progent's Microsoft Exchange Server 2K help, technical support and consulting capabilities include help with the selection and configuration of third-party add-ons that are appropriately aligned to your company goals. Progent's engineers can in addition offer MS Exchange 2007 upgrade support or Microsoft Exchange 2010 migration support so you can avoid worrying about the issues associated with operating a messaging platform considered at end of life by Microsoft.
Advantages of MS Exchange Server 2K Vs. an ISP-based or POP3 Email Environment
If your organization still has clients supported by a messaging solution hosted by an Internet Service Provider or if you are managing some Outlook clients in POP3 mode, your Microsoft Exchange Server 2K provides an array of enhanced features in the areas of manageability, performance, capacity, robustness, and collaboration:
- Unlike the store-and-forward technique used by POP3 email systems, Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server uses a central-store model that liberates clients from reliance on a single workstation or notebook PC, reduces vulnerability to hardware failure or malicious software, and permits both on-line and off-line email, automatic backup, and advanced sharing and collaboration.
- MS Exchange Server 2000 offers powerful collaboration capabilities that allow teams to increase efficiency by sharing calendaring, addresses, email and data.
- The versatility of Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server makes it easy to integrate third-party security enhancements or support wireless handhelds such as the Research in Motion BlackBerry.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2K permits complete on-line backup without affecting users, making possible 24x7 operation by avoiding scheduled downtime and administrative blackouts.
How Progent Can Assist You to Integrate POP3 E-Mail Users with Microsoft Exchange 2K
Progent's expertise and efficient methodologies can assist you in performing a quick, transparent migration of POP3 e-mail clients to your Microsoft Exchange 2K Server. Progent handles vital details such as managing domain names so that both local and remote clients make a non-disruptive transition from POP3 messaging.
How Progent Can Help You Upgrade from Exchange 2K to Exchange Server 2016 or Exchange 2013
Progent has an extensive background assisting small businesses to migrate from Microsoft Exchange 2000 to current editions of Exchange. Progent's consultants can also assist your company to move to Exchange Server 2016 or upgrade to Exchange 2013 Server from MS Exchange Server 2000 at the least possible cost or interruption of business. Progent's CISM-qualified security consultants can make sure your security infrastructure and practices are effective and Progent's Cisco-authorized network engineers can verify that your connectivity infrastructure is fast, reliable, and simple to support.
Find out more details about how Progent can provide Exchange 2016 Server migration services and MS Exchange 2013 upgrade help.
In order to get in touch with Progent about technical help for Exchange Server, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.
Progent's Support Services for Microsoft .NET Server Technology
For small businesses across the United States, Progent's Microsoft-certified consultants offer computer help and professional consulting services for the whole array of Microsoft .NET servers and Windows Servers. Progent's migration, installation, optimization, and consulting services include system architecture, deployment, and management help for
project analysis and documentation, on-site and off-site
technical support and system repair,
Standard Help Desk Support or Co-managed Help Desk Support, certified
security consulting, turn-key
ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
In case your organization requires immediate online help from a Microsoft certified consultant, refer to Progent's Urgent Remote Computer Support.
Learn more details about Progent's Consulting Services for Microsoft .NET Servers.