Microsoft Exchange 2000
MS Exchange Server 2000 was the first messaging platform developed by Microsoft to use AD directory services instead of its own directory structure. This design enhancement made Microsoft Exchange Server 2K dramatically simpler to manage and MS Exchange 2000 Server continues to be the basis of the messaging environment of many small businesses.
Years of experience with Microsoft's Exchange technology makes Progent one of the most qualified computer consulting organizations in the U.S. for maintaining email solutions powered by MS Exchange Server 2000. Progent is expert at helping small businesses who still run Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server and Progent can help you understand the costs and benefits of upgrading your MS Exchange Server 2000 environment to an up-to-date release of Exchange. (See Progent's Exchange 2016 migration planning and support services and Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 expertise.)
Benefits of MS Exchange 2000 Server Compared to MS Exchange Server 5.5
Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server offers important enhancements in capability compared to Microsoft Exchange 5.5 Server in vital areas including connectivity, ease of administration, protection, stability, capacity, and performance.
- The 2000 version of MS Exchange Server brought a significant increase in functionality over the Microsoft Exchange 5.5 web interface. Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server delivers a solid implementation of the traditional Outlook GUI, including scheduling and tools. Consequently, authorized mobile users can enjoy full, secure availability of email even without a notebook. The only thing they need is a web accessible computer with a conventional web browser.
- Unlike MS Exchange 5.5, which uses its built-in directory, MS Exchange 2000 Server uses MS Active Directory, offering a greatly simplified management and security architecture. This makes MS Exchange Server 2K easier to administer and support and in addition offers better security.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2K incorporates a strong architecture for transparently adding third-party software such as virus detection packages and anti-spamming tools. Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server's strong Application Programming Interface avoids the instability associated with Exchange 5.5 when installing third-party utilities.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 offers dramatically increased capacity and responsiveness over Exchange 5.5. Therefore you can deploy more and larger mailboxes and enjoy faster off-site connectivity.
Ways That Progent Can Help Your Business with Microsoft Exchange Server 2000
Progent's MS Exchange Server 2K help, troubleshooting and consulting capabilities include assistance with the selection and configuration of third-party add-ons that are best aligned to your business goals. Progent's engineers can also offer MS Exchange 2007 migration help or Microsoft Exchange 2010 upgrade support so you can stop worrying about the issues involved with managing an email technology unsupported by Microsoft.
Advantages of MS Exchange Server 2000 Compared to an ISP-based or POP3 Email Environment
If your company currently has users supported by an email solution hosted by an ISP or if you are managing some Outlook clients in POP3 mode, your MS Exchange Server 2K provides an array of enhanced capabilities in the areas of manageability, performance, capacity, availability, and groupware:
- Unlike the store-and-forward model used by POP3 messaging, Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 uses a central-store model that frees clients from dependence on a specific workstation or notebook computer, reduces vulnerability to hardware failure or virus attacks, and allows both on-line and off-line email, auto-backup, and sophisticated sharing and team tasks.
- MS Exchange 2000 Server offers strong collaboration capabilities that allow work groups to improve productivity by sharing datebooks, addresses, messages and files.
- The flexibility of MS Exchange 2000 Server makes it easy to add third-party security enhancements or support wireless handhelds such as the Research in Motion BlackBerry.
- MS Exchange 2000 Server permits full on-line backup without affecting users, enabling non-stop operation by eliminating scheduled downtime and administrative blackouts.
How Progent Can Help Your Company to Integrate POP3 Clients with Exchange 2000
Progent's expertise and efficient best practices can help you in performing a fast, seamless migration of POP3 e-mail clients to your MS Exchange 2K Server. Progent attends to critical issues such as coordinating domain names so that on-site and off-site users make a non-disruptive switch from POP3 messaging.
How Progent Can Help You Move from Exchange 2K to Exchange Server 2016 or Exchange Server 2013
Progent has a long background assisting small companies to migrate from Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server to newer editions of Exchange. Progent's consultants can also assist you to migrate to MS Exchange Server 2016 or move to Microsoft Exchange 2013 Server from Exchange 2000 Server at minimal expense or disruption of business. Progent's CISA-accredited network security consultants can make sure your security technology and policies are effective and Progent's Cisco-certified network experts can verify that your connectivity infrastructure is efficient, dependable, and easy to support.
Find out more details concerning how Progent can deliver Microsoft Exchange 2016 migration services and MS Exchange 2013 upgrade help.
To ask Progent about consulting support for MS Exchange Server integration, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.
Progent's Support Services for Microsoft .NET Servers
For small and mid-sized businesses throughout the United States, Progent's Microsoft-certified consultants can provide computer help and professional consulting support for the whole family of Microsoft .NET servers and Windows Servers. Progent's migration, integration, update, and consulting capabilities include system design, configuration, and administration outsourcing for
project analysis and documentation, local and off-site
IT help and network troubleshooting,
Standard Help Desk Call Center Support or Shared Help Desk Support, certified
security consulting, turn-key
ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
If your business is looking for immediate online help from a Microsoft certified consultant, visit Progent's Urgent Remote Computer Support.
Read additional information concerning Progent's Consulting and Support Services for Microsoft .NET Server Technology.