Progent is a Microsoft Gold Partner with a Server Platform competency and has earned competencies that include Advanced Infrastructure Solutions, Networking Infrastructure Solutions, Information Worker Solutions, Mobility Solutions, Azure Development, and Security Solutions. Microsoft Certified Partners earn the highest customer endorsement and enjoy the closest working relationship with Microsoft. The knowledge, skills, and commitment required to earn the status of Microsoft Certified Partner pays dividends to Progent's clients by enabling Progent to provide your business with faster and better technical solutions for your information network.
Small and midsize businesses can have confidence when they work with IT support firms who have earned the status of being Microsoft Partners because of these advantages associated with the Partners certification:
Microsoft Certified Partners have passed the highest level of technical requirements from Microsoft and have demonstrated the most robust, efficient and scalable implementations of Microsoft technologies in demonstrated enterprise customer deployments. As a Microsoft Certified Partner, Progent has access to a broad range of technical and educational resources such as Microsoft's Partner Training and Readiness Resource Center, Microsoft's Partner Knowledge Base, priority online emergency support from Microsoft's technical experts, and previews of new software products from Microsoft. All these benefits of being a Microsoft Certified Partner help Progent's engineers and consultants to provide the highest level of professional expertise to small business clients.
- A Partner's engineering staff has the technical depth and professional background to have attained Microsoft Competencies
- A Partner's business is reliable and experienced working with Microsoft technologies
- A Partner has access to more Microsoft training and support resources than non-certified companies
An example of a benefit that Microsoft offers to Certified Partners is Microsoft's Technical Service Coordination (TSC), which is reserved exclusively for Microsoft Certified Partners. TSC acts as a single point of contact for Certified Partners to access Microsoft Support Services. It provides direct access to technical support specialists who help manage the technical support experience from problem to resolution, at any point in the business life cycle. TSC ensures that Certified Partners have the most up-to-date information by proactively contacting them regarding security alerts, patches, and hot fixes, ensuring that complex projects run more smoothly.
Microsoft Certifications Earned by Progent's Consulting and Support Staff
An important requirement for being awarded Microsoft Certified Partners status is that an organization must have a critical mass of engineers with current Microsoft certifications. Some of the Microsoft certification earned by Progent's support experts include:
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert:
Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
The MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure certification verifies that an IT expert has the knowledge required to run a modern data center and has advanced skills in the areas of cloud technologies, identity management, systems management, virtualization, storage, and networking.
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert:
The MCSE Private Cloud certification validates that an IT professional has the knowledge and experience required to plan and carry out the deployment of Microsoft System Center and can configure and deploy virtual machines (VMs) and services. An MCSE Private Cloud expert can also configure storage and network fabric, automate datacenter processes, monitor network resources, and manage updates and backup/recovery.
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate:
Windows Server 2012
The MCSA: Windows Server 2012 credential validates an IT professional's skill in deploying, managing, and supporting Windows Server 2012 services and infrastructure. This MCSA credential attests to a technical expert's ability in implementing and configuring Windows Server 2012 services like Active Directory and networking as well as knowledge about maintaining Windows Server 2012 infrastructure including user and group management, network access, and data security. This certification also verifies advanced skills in advanced areas like fault tolerance, certificate services, and federated identity.
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer
The MCSD credential attests to an IT professional's knowledge and experience in planning and creating applications based on Microsoft development platforms and technologies. Application areas include web and SharePoint apps and Azure cloud solutions.
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate:
The MCSA: SQL Server credential validates an IT professional's knowledge in database development, administration, and analysis. The certification demonstrates skill in writing queries, setting up and tuning database systems, designing and implementing security policies and backup/recovery processes, data cleansing, Extract Transform Load (ETL), data warehouse implementation, and Business Intelligence (BI) solutions.
Microsoft Certified Trainer
The MCT certificate verifies that an IT professional is an expert on delivering training on Microsoft technologies and has experience and knowledge in using Microsoft products and solutions in training courses. MCT certifcation requires a current qualifying Microsoft technical certification such as an MCSA or MCSE plus certification of instructional skills from a recognized organization such as CompTIA CTT+ or IAMCT.
Microsoft certifications earned by Progent's IT consultants during two decades of work providing online and onsite expertise to small and midsize businesses throughout the United States include:
- Microsoft Certified Application Developer (MCAD)
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST)
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Database Administrator (MCITP: DBA)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate: Messaging (MCSA: Messaging)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate: SQL Server (MCSA: SQL Server)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate: Windows Server 2012 (MCSA: Windows server 2012)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate: Windows Server Core (MCSA: Windows Server Core)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Database Administrator (MCITP: Database)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Enterprise Administrator (MCITP: EA)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Server Administrator (MCITP: SA)
- Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD): Windows Azure Developer
- Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD): Windows Developer 4
- Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD): Web Developer 4
- Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Private Cloud
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) 2016: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) 2012: Private Cloud
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Master (MCSM) Data Platform
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE 2003)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE 2003+Security)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE 2003+Messaging)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE 2000)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE NT)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): Exchange
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): Windows Server 2008
- Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): Windows 7
Microsoft Implementation and Support Available from Progent
Progent's IT consulting experts offer small and midsize businesses a comprehensive array of services for the entire family of Microsoft .NET Enterprise Servers, Windows Servers, Microsoft line-of-business applications, and office productivity software. Progent has more than two decades of experience supporting small office information systems powered by Microsoft products, and Progent has developed a proven remote support infrastructure that has allowed Progent's Technical Response Center to deliver world-class network help round the clock at affordable prices. Progent has provided online technical support to small businesses in every state in the U.S. and on five continents. For details on the Microsoft technologies for which Progent can provide expert integration, troubleshooting and consulting services, visit
Microsoft Server and Application Consulting.
How to Contact Progent
If you are interested in using Progent's outsourcing, consulting, or technical support services, call 800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.
For emergency network support, Progent maintains a toll-free Technical Response Center phone number: 1-866-PROGENT (866-776-4368). You can also sign up online for immediate emergency network assistance.