Affordable IT management, support and Help Desk services for businesses with 50-250 network users
Mid-size businesses with 50-250 network users can typically benefit from an IT support plan that utilizes co-sourcing, i.e., relying on in-house IT personnel for day-to-day network support issues and using external consultants to provide advanced expertise as needed. Small to medium-size businesses can now have all the advantages of Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) ó including increased network uptime, throughput, and security ó and also have reliable access to Progentís Microsoft certified service professionals. With Progent's economically priced IT support options, you can choose a standard co-sourcing package built around SCOM with monitoring, alerts, analytics, Help Desk, and online or onsite troubleshooting, or a comprehensive 24x7x365 solution.
Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager automatically scans event records and performance thresholds from mission-critical servers and applications, then filters and evaluates this data based on an extensive internal technical knowledge base. When SCOM detects potential trouble, it runs special corrective scripts or generates alerts to warn designated support personnel. SCOM also produces trend reports so IT managers can track network health. Expertise with SCOM and a long background in computer system support allows Progent to offer IT co-sourcing and outsourcing service programs that are both budget friendly and effective.
Progent has developed two basic outsourcing support packages based around System Center Operations Manager:
To download single-page datasheets describing Progent's outsourcing service packages based on Microsoft System Center Operations Manager, click:
Network Support Outsourcing for Small Businesses (PDF file) or Network Monitoring for Mid-size Businesses (PDF file)
Managed Network Monitoring Package
If your business has a small internal IT group, Progent's co-sourcing service program is an economical way to optimize network availability, performance, and security.
Important features of the Managed Network Monitoring Package are:
- Progent performs a needs assessment and configures System Center Operations Manager
- Progent assigns an offsite Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager server to watch over your network
- Service is available during normal office hours
- Progent's Help Desk service works in conjunction with SCOM
- SCOM alerts are routed to Progent's Technical Response Center (TRC) as well as to primary and secondary Progent network engineers and copied to your assigned IT personnel
- Progent's Helpdesk establishes tickets for all events and monitors the remediation of issues
- Progent's Help Desk escalates resources as needed
- Your IT staff is copied on all status data
- Progent remotely monitors, diagnoses, and/or fixes problems
- On-site service escalation is provided if trouble canít be resolved remotely
- Service Level Agreements SLAs) are contracted
- All trouble tickets are closed out with detailed resolution information
- Progent performs normal network maintenance including application of Service Packs and security updates
- Computers and network appliances must be under vendor's on-site warranty service
- Progent recommends that you to base your IT network on Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 Server or later in order to optimize system stability and security and to have access to the advanced features of SCOM
Typical SLAs are:
- 1 hour to Help Desk contact
- 2 hours to start of analysis by a Progent support specialist, either online or via phone
- 4 hours for on-site support when help request is received before 1PM, or, if later, the next work-day morning
Comprehensive Network Monitoring Package
For small businesses who need enterprise-class support but cannot justify the cost of staffing, equipping and managing a full in-house IT organization, Progent's 24x7 support package gives mission-critical applications round-the-clock uptime and security at reasonable prices and low risk.
Key features of Progent's Comprehensive Network Monitoring Service Program include:
- All features of the Managed Network Monitoring Service Program including Server Management, Reporting, Help Desk Call Center, and On-site service
- Intended for line-of-business environments that require maximum uptime
- 24x7 service
- Your information network must have a basic level of high-availability architecture. Progent can help your company to upgrade your network to a fault-tolerant architecture before round-the-clock support services begin
- Contracted Service Level Agreements with specified off-hours support guarantees
- Progent's support staff will be provisioned to fix problems on-location or remotely without the help of your in-house support group
Prices for Progent's Network Monitoring Packages are based on the number of servers being tracked and the service level required by your company. To learn more, refer to your Progent service manager.
Find Out More
To find out more about System Center Operations Manager and how Progent can assist your business to get enterprise-level network management by utilizing this state-of-the-art technology, choose one of these topics:
For additional information about Progent's Network Support Service Programs, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.