Microsoft SQL Server 2000
Microsoft SQL Server 2000 is a legacy database and data analysis platform designed to support rapid development of line-of-business applications. Microsoft SQL Server 2K features core compatibility with XML and the ability to operate across the Internet and past the firewall.
Features of Microsoft SQL Server 2000
- Data repository for mission-critical applications (ERP, Accounting and Financials, HR, Payroll, and eCommerce)
- Scalability of performance to grow with application demands. Support for multi-processors (up to 32) and up to 64GB of RAM.
- Designed for 24x7 operation with online backups and sophisticated fault-tolerant clustering configurations that assure complete uptime.
- High level client-server method of communications with applications combined with advanced transaction logging and transactions rollback features assures no data corruptions and complete referential data integrity under all circumstances, including server crash
- Comprehensive security controls and auditing that allow security controls to individual databases and even individual data fields. All security accounts can be integrated with Active Directory user information.
- Broad range of data access programming interfaces results in extensive selection of off-the-shell applications and provides a flexible foundation for custom .NET architecture, traditional client-server, web-based Internet, and eCommerce applications.
- Comprehensive integration with the entire Microsoft .NET line of servers for complete end-to-end applications
- Rich XML integration allows for speedy development of custom business-to-business commerce applications (new generation of EDI standards).
- Single powerful management tool that allows for administration of one or more SQL Server machines
- Full text searching capabilities
How Progent's Consultants Provide Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Help
Microsoft's SQL Server platform has become a crucial element in the information technology architecture of business networks worldwide. Progent's extensive background with relational database consulting includes Microsoft SQL Server 2000 as well as all subsequent releases of Microsoft SQL Server. Progent's Microsoft-certified experts can help small and mid-size businesses maintain IT environments that include SQL Server 2000 and can also assist companies to evaluate the return on investment and engineering risks associated with upgrading to more recent releases of Microsoft SQL Server.
When mission-critical platforms from Microsoft have reached end-of-life status, as is the case for SQL Server 2000, their business value declines not just because of outdated performance and functionality but also because the discontinuation of updates of any kind can have important implications for security and compliance. For organizations interested in migrating to SQL Server 2017 or migrating to SQL Server 2016, Progent can help design a migration strategy that minimizes business disruption and efficiently ports legacy databases and applications. Progent's SQL Server experts can help your company set up pilot systems to test the reliability and responsiveness of new versions of Microsoft SQL Server. Progent's data security consultants can assist you to design a safe and maintainable strategy to protect your data. Progent's certified Cisco CCIE network engineers can make sure your network infrastructure is efficient and robust. Progent's application experts and program developers can help you customize your line-of-business software applications so that they maximize the return on your IT investment. In addition, Progent's online support professionals can provide 24x7 emergency remote technical support through the Help Desk services of Progent's Technical Response Center.
If you wish to ask Progent about engineering assistance for SQL Server technology, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.
Progent's Consulting and Support Services for Microsoft Server Products
For small and mid-sized businesses throughout the United States, Progent's Microsoft-authorized experts offer network assistance and professional consulting support for the whole array of Microsoft .NET Enterprise Servers, Windows Server 2012 R2, Microsoft Windows Server 2008, and Microsoft Windows Server 2003. Progent's migration, installation, optimization, and consulting capabilities include system design, deployment, and administration outsourcing for
project analysis and documentation, on-site and off-site
IT help and network repair,
Help Desk Call Center Support, certified
security expertise, turn-key
ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
If your business needs fast remote support from a certified engineer, go to Progent's Urgent Online Computer Support.
Find out more concerning Progent's Support Services for Microsoft Server Technology.