Introduction to Microsoft's Windows 2K Server
Microsoft's Windows 2000 Server builds on the strong design of Windows NT technology, integrating standards-based directory, application, communications, file, and print services with high reliability, efficient management, and support for the cost-effective networking appliances to provide dependable basis for interfacing your business with the Internet.
Advantages of Windows 2K Server Unavailable on Microsoft's Windows NT
Windows 2000 Server provides a wide range of powerful features not available on Microsoft's Windows NT servers. Highlights include:
- Windows Server 2000, Windows Advanced Server, and Windows Datacenter Server are the foundation for all .NET servers.
- Windows Server 2000 builds upon the fundamental stability of the Windows NT operating system that was first released in 1993, and which powers millions of applications worldwide.
- Greatly lowered management costs as a result of the ability to power desktop computers, laptops and servers with the same underlying operating system.
- Management and system protection utilities to lower the cost and improve the reliability of Microsoft Windows 2K and Windows XP desktop computers by utilizing centralized user policies, rights and configurations. Keeping unauthorized users from putting programs on their laptop or desktop PC, or even prohibiting them from web access for users that have no business with such tools, can be a huge efficiency gain for both
your clients and your IT support group.
- In comparison with prior releases of Microsoft Windows, such as Windows 98, Windows 2K Server is a very robust environment to host applications.
- An integrated protection and password model that builds upon a cohesive directory structure allows seamless and secure access for onsite clients, mobile or off-site users, at-home workers, and web users.
- Greatly enhanced server and desktop management tools that reduce the burden of maintaining servers and workstations, allowing support staff resources to improve the service level and responsiveness to users.
- Broad hardware and software compatibility as a result of being the most widely used operating system.
- Excellent accommodation for off-site access users, telecommuters, and virtual users, and especially for users who are sometimes working at the office but need the same level of efficiency when they are on the road. Features like offline server folders allow users seamless access to data even when they are working offline.
- high uptime functionality, including disk mirroring, distributed file system, and server clustering, maximize server uptime and worker efficiency.
How Progent's Experts Can Assist You with Windows 2K Server
Progent's Microsoft-Premier consultants can assist you to maintain your existing Windows 2K Servers. However, because Microsoft has ended all support for Windows Server 2K, it is time to think about migrating to a current version of Windows Server. Progent offers cost-effective Windows Server 2012 R2 upgrade help, Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud integration, or Windows Server 2019 migration services. Progent is experienced in designing pilot labs to reduce the technical risk of migrating to Microsoft Windows Servers by identifying possible hardware and software compatibility problems. In addition, Progent can provide CISSP and CISM Premier security professionals to analyze your existing IT security and suggest proven policies, procedures and technologies to increase your security.
In order to get in touch with Progent concerning technical expertise for Windows Server, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.
Progent's Consulting and Support Services for Microsoft Server Products
For small and mid-sized companies throughout the United States, Progent's Microsoft-authorized consultants can provide computer help and professional consulting services for the entire family of Microsoft .NET servers and Microsoft Windows Servers. Progent's planning, installation, update, and support services include network design, configuration, and administration outsourcing for
project analysis and documentation, on-site and remote
technical support and system diagnosis,
Standard Call Center Support or Shared Call Center Support, comprehensive
security expertise, IT
ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
If your company is looking for immediate remote support from a Microsoft certified network expert, visit Progent's Urgent Remote Technical Help.
Read additional details concerning Progent's Consulting Services for Microsoft Server Products.