Overview of Microsoft's Windows Server 2000
Microsoft's Windows 2K Server builds on the strong design of Windows NT technology, combining popular directory, application, communications, file, and printing services with proven reliability, easy manageability, and support for the mainstream networking hardware to provide dependable basis for integrating your corporate information system with the Internet.
Features of Windows 2K Server Not Available on Microsoft's Windows NT
Windows Server 2000 offers a broad array of proven functions unavailable on Windows NT servers. These include:
- Windows Server 2000, Windows Advanced Server, and Windows Datacenter Server are the foundation for all .NET application servers.
- Microsoft's Windows 2000 Server adds to the fundamental stability of the Windows NT operating system that was first released in 1993, and is used in millions of applications worldwide.
- Significantly reduced support expense due to the ability to power PCs, notebooks and servers with the same underlying operating system.
- Administration and security tools to lower the cost and enhance the dependability of Windows 2000 and Windows XP desktop workstations by using centralized user policies, rights and setups. Keeping unauthorized users from installing programs on their notebook or workstation, or even prohibiting them from Internet access for workers that have no business with such tools, can be a huge productivity gain for both
your clients and your IT services staff.
- Compared to previous generations of Microsoft Windows, such as Windows NT, Windows 2K Server is a highly robust platform to host applications.
- A built-in protection and password design that builds upon a cohesive directory structure allows transparent and safe access for local users, mobile or remote users, at-home workers, and web users.
- Greatly improved server and desktop administrative utilities that reduce the hassle of supporting servers and desktops, freeing support staff personnel to improve the service quality and attentiveness to clients.
- Extensive hardware and software compatibility thanks to being the most widely used OS.
- Excellent accommodation for remote access users, telecommuters, and virtual users, and especially for users who are often at the office but need the same level of efficiency when they are mobile. Functions such as offline server folders allow clients transparent availability of information even when they are not connected.
- high availability functionality, including disk mirroring, distributed file system, and server clustering, increase server availability and worker efficiency.
How Progent's Engineers Can Assist You with Microsoft's Windows 2000 Server
Progent's Microsoft-Certified consultants can assist you to support your current Windows 2000 Servers. However, because Microsoft has terminated support for Windows Server 2K, it is important to consider migrating to an up-to-date release of Microsoft Windows Server. Progent offers cost-effective Windows Server 2019 migration consulting, Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud solutions, or Windows Server 2012 R2 migration assistance. Progent has extensive background in managing pilot programs to reduce the technical risk of migrating to Windows Servers by identifying potential system compatibility problems. In addition, Progent can give you access to CISM, CISSP and CISA Premier security consultants to evaluate your existing network security and propose company-wide policies, operational improvements and products to strengthen your protection.
If you wish to get in touch with Progent about professional expertise for Microsoft Windows Server technology, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.
Progent's Consulting and Support Services for Microsoft Server Technology
For small and mid-sized businesses anywhere in the U.S., Progent's Microsoft-certified experts can provide computer help and professional consulting services for the entire array of Microsoft .NET servers and Windows Servers. Progent's migration, integration, update, and consulting services include network design, deployment, and management outsourcing for
project management and documentation, local and off-site
technical help and system diagnosis,
Standard Call Center Services or Shared Help Desk Support, comprehensive
security expertise, full-service
ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
In case your business requires fast online help from a certified consultant, go to Progent's Urgent Remote Computer Help.
Learn more information about Progent's Support Services for Microsoft .NET Servers.