Overview of Windows Server 2000
Windows 2000 Server is founded on the strengths of Windows NT technology, combining popular directory, application, networking, file, and printing services with proven reliability, efficient management, and compatibility with the mainstream networking hardware to offer dependable foundation for interfacing your business with the Internet.
Features of Microsoft's Windows 2000 Server Not on Windows NT
Windows Server 2000 provides a broad array of proven features unavailable on Windows NT systems. Highlights include:
- Microsoft's Windows 2000 Server, Microsoft's Windows Advanced Server, and Windows Datacenter Server are the basis for all .NET servers.
- Windows 2000 Server builds upon the core dependability of the Windows NT OS platform that was first released in 1993, and is used in hundreds of millions of applications globally.
- Greatly lowered management costs as a result of the ability to power desktop computers, notebooks and servers with the identical core operating system.
- Management and security utilities to reduce the cost and improve the dependability of Windows 2000 and Windows XP desktop workstations by using centralized user policies, rights and configurations. Restraining unauthorized users from putting programs on their notebook or desktop PC, or even prohibiting them from web access for users that have no need for such tools, can be a major productivity gain for both
your users and your IT services staff.
- In comparison with prior releases of Windows, such as Windows NT, Microsoft's Windows 2K Server is a very stable environment to host line-of-business programs.
- A built-in security and password design that builds upon a cohesive directory architecture provides transparent and secure connectivity for local clients, mobile or off-site users, at-home workers, and web users.
- Significantly enhanced server and workstation management tools that reduce the hassle of maintaining servers and desktops, allowing IT personnel to improve the service quality and attentiveness to users.
- Broad hardware and software compatibility as a result of being the most widely used OS.
- High quality accommodation for off-site access users, telecommuters, and virtual users, and particularly for users that are sometimes at the office but need the identical degree of efficiency when they are on the road. Functions such as offline server folders allow clients transparent access to data even when they are working offline.
- fault tolerance functionality, such as disk mirroring, distributed file system, and cluster configurations, increase server availability and user efficiency.
How Progent's Engineers Can Assist You with Windows 2K Server
Progent's Microsoft-Certified consultants can help you to maintain your existing Windows 2000 Servers. However, since Microsoft has ended support for Windows Server 2000, it makes sense to consider migrating to an up-to-date version of Windows Server. Progent offers cost-effective Windows Server 2012 R2 migration consulting, Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud integration, or Windows Server 2019 migration services. Progent has extensive background in designing pilot programs to reduce the technical risk of migrating to Microsoft Windows Servers by identifying potential system compatibility issues. Also, Progent can provide CISM, CISSP and CISA Certified security professionals to evaluate your existing network security and propose company-wide policies, operational improvements and products to increase your security.
If you wish to contact Progent concerning consulting support for Microsoft Windows Server technology, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.
Progent's Support Services for Microsoft .NET Servers
For small and mid-sized companies throughout the United States, Progent's Microsoft-authorized consultants can provide computer assistance and professional consulting services for the whole array of Microsoft .NET servers, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2008, and Microsoft Windows 2003 Server. Progent's migration, integration, optimization, and support capabilities cover network architecture, deployment, and management help for
project analysis and documentation, local and remote
technical support and network repair,
Help Desk Outsourcing Support, comprehensive
security expertise, IT
ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
In case your business needs immediate online support from a certified network expert, visit Progent's Emergency Remote Technical Support.
Learn more details concerning Progent's Consulting Services for Microsoft Server Technology.