Introduction to Microsoft's Windows 2K Server
Microsoft's Windows Server 2000 is founded on the strong design of Microsoft Windows NT technology, combining popular directory, application, communications, file, and print services with high stability, efficient management, and support for the cost-effective networking hardware to offer dependable basis for interfacing your business with the Internet.
Features of Windows 2000 Server Unavailable on Microsoft's Windows NT
Microsoft's Windows Server 2000 offers a wide range of powerful features unavailable on Microsoft's Windows NT systems. Highlights include:
- Windows Server 2000, Windows Advanced Server, and Microsoft's Windows Datacenter Server are the basis for all .NET application servers.
- Microsoft's Windows Server 2000 adds to the core dependability of Microsoft's Windows NT OS platform that was initially released in 1993, and is used in hundreds of millions of applications globally.
- Significantly reduced support costs as a result of the ability to power desktop computers, laptops and servers with the identical core operating system.
- Administration and security utilities to reduce the cost and improve the reliability of Microsoft Windows 2K and Windows XP desktop computers by using centralized user policies, rights and setups. Keeping unauthorized users from putting programs on their notebook or desktop PC, or even prohibiting them from Internet connectivity for workers that have no business with such tools, can be a major efficiency advantage for both
your users and your network support group.
- In comparison with prior releases of Microsoft Windows, such as Windows 98 or Windows NT, Windows 2K Server is a highly stable environment for hosting applications.
- A built-in security and password model that is founded on a cohesive directory structure allows transparent and secure connectivity for onsite users, mobile or off-site users, at-home workers, and web users.
- Significantly improved server and desktop management tools that ease the hassle of maintaining servers and workstations, freeing IT personnel to enhance the service level and attentiveness to clients.
- Broad hardware and software compatibility thanks to being the most widely used OS.
- Excellent accommodation for remote access users, at-home workers, and virtual users, and particularly for users who are sometimes working at the office but require the identical degree of productivity when they are on the road. Functions like offline server folders give clients seamless access to data even when they are not connected.
- fault tolerance functionality, such as disk mirroring, distributed file system, and cluster configurations, increase server availability and worker efficiency.
How Progent's Consultants Can Assist You with Windows 2000 Server
Progent's Microsoft-Premier engineers can help you to manage and support your current Windows 2000 Servers. However, because Microsoft has terminated all support for Windows Server 2000, it makes sense to consider upgrading to a current release of Windows Server. Progent can provide affordable Windows Server 2019 migration services, Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud solutions, or Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 migration consulting. Progent is experienced in managing pilot programs to lower the engineering risk of migrating to Microsoft Windows Servers by identifying possible hardware and software compatibility problems. In addition, Progent can give you access to CISSP and CISM Certified security consultants to evaluate your current IT security and propose proven policies, operational improvements and products to strengthen your security.
If you wish to get in touch with Progent about technical assistance for Windows Server networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.
Progent's Consulting and Support Services for Microsoft .NET Servers
For small companies throughout the United States, Progent's Microsoft-certified consultants can provide computer assistance and professional consulting support for the whole array of Microsoft .NET Enterprise Servers and Windows Servers. Progent's migration, integration, update, and support services include system design, deployment, and administration help for
project management and documentation, local and remote
IT support and system troubleshooting,
Standard Help Desk Call Center Services or Shared Call Center Services, comprehensive
security consulting, IT
ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
If your company needs immediate remote help from a Microsoft certified engineer, go to Progent's Urgent Remote Computer Help.
Read more details about Progent's Support Services for Microsoft .NET Server Technology.