Introduction to Windows Server 2000
Microsoft's Windows 2K Server is founded on the strong design of Microsoft Windows NT technology, combining popular directory, application, communications, file, and printing services with proven stability, easy manageability, and compatibility with the mainstream network appliances to offer a stable basis for integrating your business with the Internet.
Features of Windows 2000 Server Not on Microsoft's Windows NT
Microsoft's Windows Server 2000 offers a broad array of proven features unavailable on Microsoft's Windows NT systems. These include:
- Microsoft's Windows 2000 Server, Microsoft's Windows Advanced Server, and Windows Datacenter Server are the basis for all .NET application servers.
- Microsoft's Windows 2000 Server adds to the fundamental stability of the Windows NT operating system that was initially released in 1993, and which powers millions of applications worldwide.
- Greatly reduced management expense due to the ability to run desktop computers, notebooks and servers with the same underlying OS platform.
- Administration and system protection tools to reduce the cost and enhance the reliability of Microsoft Windows 2000 and Windows XP desktop computers by utilizing centralized user policies, rights and configurations. Keeping unauthorized users from putting programs on their laptop or workstation, or even restricting them from Internet connectivity for users that have no business with such tools, can be a major productivity gain for both
your users and your network support group.
- In comparison with prior generations of Windows, such as Windows NT, Windows 2K Server is a highly stable environment for hosting applications.
- An integrated protection and password model that builds upon a uniform directory architecture allows transparent and secure connectivity for local users, mobile or remote users, at-home workers, and web users.
- Greatly improved server and desktop management utilities that ease the hassle of maintaining servers and workstations, freeing IT resources to enhance the service quality and attentiveness to users.
- Broad hardware and application compatibility thanks to being the most widely used OS.
- High quality accommodation for off-site access users, telecommuters, and virtual clients, and particularly for users who are sometimes working at the office but need the identical level of efficiency when they are on the road. Features like offline server folders give users transparent access to data even when they are not connected.
- high availability functionality, such as disk mirroring, distributed files, and server clustering, maximize server uptime and user productivity.
How Progent's Consultants Can Assist You with Windows 2000 Server
Progent's Microsoft-Premier engineers can assist you to maintain your existing Windows 2K Servers. However, because Microsoft has ended support for Windows Server 2K, it is important to think about upgrading to a current release of Microsoft Windows Server. Progent can provide cost-effective Windows Server 2012 R2 upgrade consulting, Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud integration, or Windows Server 2019 migration services. Progent has extensive background in designing pilot labs to reduce the engineering risk of moving to Microsoft Windows Servers by checking potential hardware and software compatibility issues. In addition, Progent can give you access to CISA and GIAC Certified security professionals to evaluate your existing network security and suggest proven policies, operational improvements and products to strengthen your protection.
In order to get in touch with Progent concerning technical expertise for Windows Server, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.
Progent's Consulting Services for Microsoft Server Technology
For small companies throughout the U.S., Progent's Microsoft-authorized consultants offer computer help and IT consulting services for the entire array of Microsoft .NET Enterprise Servers and Microsoft Windows Servers. Progent's planning, integration, optimization, and consulting services cover system architecture, deployment, and management outsourcing for
project analysis and documentation, on-site and remote
IT help and network diagnosis,
Standard Help Desk Call Center Support or Shared Help Desk Call Center Support, certified
security expertise, turn-key
ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
If your business needs immediate online help from a certified engineer, visit Progent's Urgent Online Network Support.
Find out more information about Progent's Consulting and Support Services for Microsoft Server Products.