Overview of Windows 2000 Server
Microsoft's Windows 2000 Server is founded on the strong design of Windows NT technology, integrating popular directory, application, networking, file, and print services with high stability, efficient management, and compatibility with the mainstream network appliances to offer dependable basis for integrating your corporate information system with the Internet.
Advantages of Windows 2000 Server Unavailable on Microsoft's Windows NT
Microsoft's Windows 2K Server provides a broad array of powerful functions unavailable on Windows NT servers. Highlights include:
- Windows Server 2000, Microsoft's Windows Advanced Server, and Microsoft's Windows Datacenter Server are the basis for all .NET application servers.
- Microsoft's Windows 2K Server builds upon the fundamental stability of Microsoft's Windows NT operating system that was initially published in 1993, and which powers hundreds of millions of applications worldwide.
- Greatly lowered management costs due to the ability to power desktop computers, notebooks and servers with the identical underlying operating system.
- Management and system protection tools to lower the expense and improve the reliability of Windows 2000 and Windows XP desktop computers by using centralized user policies, rights and configurations. Keeping unauthorized users from installing programs on their notebook or workstation, or even prohibiting them from web access for users that have no need for such tools, can be a major productivity advantage for both
your users and your IT support group.
- In comparison with prior generations of Microsoft Windows, such as Windows 98, Windows 2K Server is a very robust environment to host line-of-business programs.
- An integrated security and password model that is founded on a cohesive directory structure allows seamless and secure connectivity for onsite clients, mobile or remote users, telecommuters, and web users.
- Significantly enhanced server and desktop management tools that reduce the hassle of supporting servers and desktops, allowing support staff resources to improve the service quality and responsiveness to users.
- Extensive hardware and application compatibility thanks to being the most widely used operating system.
- High quality accommodation for remote access users, at-home workers, and virtual clients, and especially for users that are often working at the office but need the same degree of productivity when they are mobile. Functions such as offline server folders allow clients seamless access to data even when they are not connected.
- fault tolerance functionality, including disk mirroring, distributed file system, and cluster configurations, maximize server uptime and user efficiency.
How Progent's Engineers Can Assist You with Windows 2000 Server
Progent's Microsoft-Premier consultants can assist you to manage and support your current Windows 2K Servers. However, since Microsoft has terminated support for Windows Server 2000, it is time to think about migrating to a current version of Windows Server. Progent can provide cost-effective Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 migration assistance, Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud solutions, or Windows Server 2019 migration services. Progent has extensive background in designing pilot labs to lower the engineering risk of migrating to Windows Servers by identifying potential system compatibility issues. In addition, Progent can provide CISM, CISSP and CISA Certified security consultants to evaluate your current network security and suggest company-wide policies, operational improvements and technologies to strengthen your protection.
In order to get in touch with Progent about engineering assistance for Microsoft Windows Server technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.
Progent's Consulting and Support Services for Microsoft Server Technology
For small companies across the U.S., Progent's Microsoft-certified experts offer computer assistance and IT consulting support for the whole family of Microsoft .NET servers and Windows Servers. Progent's migration, installation, optimization, and support services cover system design, configuration, and administration outsourcing for
project analysis and documentation, local and remote
IT help and system diagnosis,
Standard Help Desk Call Center Support or Shared Help Desk Call Center Services, comprehensive
security expertise, IT
ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
If your business is looking for immediate remote support from a Microsoft certified network expert, refer to Progent's Emergency Remote Network Help.
Find out more information concerning Progent's Support Services for Microsoft Server Products.