Overview of Windows Server 2000
Windows 2000 Server is founded on the strong design of Microsoft Windows NT technology, integrating standards-based directory, application, communications, file, and printing services with high stability, easy manageability, and compatibility with the cost-effective network hardware to provide a stable basis for interfacing your corporate information system with the Internet.
Features of Microsoft's Windows Server 2000 Unavailable on Windows NT
Microsoft's Windows 2K Server provides a broad array of proven features unavailable on Microsoft's Windows NT systems. These include:
- Microsoft's Windows 2000 Server, Microsoft's Windows Advanced Server, and Microsoft's Windows Datacenter Server are the basis for all .NET application servers.
- Windows Server 2000 adds to the core dependability of Microsoft's Windows NT operating system that was initially published in 1993, and which powers hundreds of millions of applications worldwide.
- Greatly reduced management costs due to the ability to power PCs, laptops and servers with the identical core OS platform.
- Management and security tools to reduce the expense and enhance the reliability of Windows 2000 and Windows XP desktop workstations by using centralized user policies, rights and configurations. Keeping unauthorized users from installing software on their notebook or workstation, or even prohibiting them from web connectivity for users that have no business with such tools, can be a huge productivity advantage for both
your users and your network support staff.
- In comparison with prior generations of Microsoft Windows, such as Windows 98, Microsoft's Windows Server 2000 is a very stable environment for hosting applications.
- An integrated protection and password design that is founded on a cohesive directory architecture provides seamless and safe access for local clients, mobile or off-site users, at-home workers, and web users.
- Greatly enhanced server and desktop management tools that reduce the hassle of maintaining servers and workstations, allowing support staff personnel to improve the service quality and attentiveness to clients.
- Extensive hardware and application compatibility thanks to being the “Standard” operating system.
- Excellent accommodation for remote access users, at-home workers, and virtual users, and especially for users who are often working at the office but require the identical level of efficiency when they are mobile. Functions like offline server folders give clients transparent access to data even when they are not connected.
- high availability functionality, such as disk mirroring, distributed files, and server clustering, increase server availability and user efficiency.
How Progent's Experts Can Help You with Windows Server 2000
Progent's Microsoft-Certified consultants can help you to maintain your existing Windows 2K Servers. However, because Microsoft has terminated all support for Windows Server 2000, it is important to consider upgrading to an up-to-date release of Windows Server. Progent can provide affordable Windows Server 2019 migration services, Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud solutions, or Windows Server 2012 R2 migration support. Progent is experienced in designing pilot programs to lower the engineering risk of moving to Windows Servers by checking potential hardware and software compatibility issues. Also, Progent can provide CISA and GIAC Certified security professionals to evaluate your existing IT security and propose proven policies, operational improvements and products to strengthen your security.
In order to get in touch with Progent about consulting support for Windows Server integration, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.
Progent's Consulting Services for Microsoft Server Products
For small businesses throughout the United States, Progent's Microsoft-authorized consultants offer network help and professional consulting services for the entire array of Microsoft .NET servers and Microsoft Windows Servers. Progent's planning, integration, update, and support services include system design, configuration, and administration outsourcing for
project analysis and documentation, on-site and remote
technical support and system repair,
Standard Help Desk Call Center Support or Shared Help Desk Services, certified
security expertise, IT
ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
If your business requires fast online support from a certified network expert, go to Progent's Emergency Remote Computer Support.
Find out additional details concerning Progent's Support Services for Microsoft Server Technology.