Overview of Windows 2000 Server
Microsoft's Windows 2K Server builds on the strengths of Microsoft Windows NT technology, integrating popular directory, application, communications, file, and print services with proven stability, efficient management, and support for the mainstream network hardware to offer dependable foundation for interfacing your corporate information system with the Internet.
Features of Windows 2K Server Not on Windows NT
Microsoft's Windows 2000 Server provides a wide range of proven functions not available on Microsoft's Windows NT systems. Highlights include:
- Microsoft's Windows 2000 Server, Windows Advanced Server, and Microsoft's Windows Datacenter Server are the basis for all .NET application servers.
- Microsoft's Windows Server 2000 builds upon the fundamental dependability of the Windows NT operating system that was initially published in 1993, and is used in hundreds of millions of applications globally.
- Greatly lowered management costs as a result of the ability to run PCs, notebooks and servers with the identical core operating system.
- Management and system protection utilities to reduce the cost and improve the dependability of Windows 2000 and Windows XP desktop workstations by using centralized user policies, rights and configurations. Keeping unauthorized users from putting software on their laptop or workstation, or even prohibiting them from Internet connectivity for users that have no need for such tools, can be a major productivity advantage for both
your clients and your IT services group.
- Compared to previous releases of Windows, such as Windows 98 or Windows NT, Windows 2K Server is a very robust environment to host applications.
- A built-in protection and password model that builds upon a uniform directory architecture allows seamless and safe access for local clients, mobile or remote users, telecommuters, and web users.
- Greatly enhanced server and desktop management utilities that reduce the burden of supporting servers and desktops, freeing IT personnel to enhance the service quality and responsiveness to clients.
- Extensive hardware and software compatibility thanks to being the “Standard” operating system.
- High quality support for off-site access users, telecommuters, and virtual clients, and particularly for users who are sometimes working at the office but need the identical level of efficiency when they are mobile. Features like offline server folders give users transparent access to information even when they are not connected.
- service continuity functionality, such as disk mirroring, distributed files, and cluster configurations, maximize server uptime and worker productivity.
How Progent's Experts Can Assist You with Microsoft's Windows 2000 Server
Progent's Microsoft-Premier consultants can assist you to manage and support your existing Windows 2K Servers. However, since Microsoft has ended all support for Windows Server 2000, it is important to consider upgrading to a current version of Windows Server. Progent offers cost-effective Windows Server 2012 R2 migration support, Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud integration, or Windows Server 2019 migration services. Progent is experienced in designing pilot programs to lower the engineering risk of moving to Microsoft Windows Servers by checking potential hardware and software compatibility issues. In addition, Progent can provide CISM, CISSP and CISA Certified security consultants to analyze your existing IT protection and suggest proven policies, procedures and products to increase your protection.
In order to contact Progent concerning engineering assistance for Microsoft Windows Server integration, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.
Progent's Consulting and Support Services for Microsoft Server Technology
For small businesses throughout the United States, Progent's Microsoft-authorized consultants can provide computer help and IT consulting support for the whole array of Microsoft .NET Enterprise Servers and Windows Servers. Progent's migration, installation, optimization, and support services include system architecture, configuration, and administration outsourcing for
project analysis and documentation, on-site and off-site
IT help and system diagnosis,
Standard Help Desk Support or Shared Call Center Services, comprehensive
security consulting, turn-key
ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
In case your business is looking for immediate online support from a certified network expert, refer to Progent's Urgent Remote Computer Support.
Learn more information about Progent's Consulting Services for Microsoft Server Technology.