Introduction to Windows 2K Server
Microsoft's Windows Server 2000 builds on the strong design of Microsoft Windows NT technology, integrating standards-based directory, application, communications, file, and printing services with high stability, easy manageability, and compatibility with the cost-effective networking hardware to offer a stable foundation for integrating your corporate information system with the Internet.
Features of Windows 2000 Server Unavailable on Windows NT
Windows Server 2000 offers a broad array of powerful features not available on Windows NT servers. Highlights include:
- Microsoft's Windows 2K Server, Microsoft's Windows Advanced Server, and Microsoft's Windows Datacenter Server are the basis for all .NET application servers.
- Windows Server 2000 adds to the core stability of the Windows NT operating system that was first published in 1993, and which powers millions of applications worldwide.
- Significantly reduced support costs as a result of the ability to run desktop computers, notebooks and servers with the identical underlying OS platform.
- Administration and system protection utilities to lower the expense and enhance the reliability of Windows 2000 and Windows XP desktop computers by using centralized user policies, rights and configurations. Keeping unauthorized users from putting programs on their laptop or workstation, or even restricting them from web connectivity for users that have no business with such tools, can be a huge productivity gain for both
your users and your network services staff.
- Compared to previous generations of Windows, such as Windows NT, Windows Server 2000 is a highly robust platform to host applications.
- An integrated protection and password model that builds upon a cohesive directory architecture allows transparent and secure access for onsite clients, mobile or remote users, at-home workers, and web users.
- Greatly improved server and workstation administrative tools that reduce the hassle of maintaining servers and desktops, allowing IT personnel to improve the service level and responsiveness to users.
- Broad hardware and application compatibility thanks to being the most widely used OS.
- Excellent accommodation for off-site access users, telecommuters, and virtual users, and especially for users who are often at the office but need the identical degree of efficiency when they are mobile. Features such as offline server folders allow clients transparent access to information even when they are working offline.
- service continuity features, such as disk mirroring, distributed file system, and cluster configurations, increase server availability and worker productivity.
How Progent's Experts Can Help You with Windows 2000 Server
Progent's Microsoft-Certified consultants can help you to maintain your existing Windows 2000 Servers. However, because Microsoft has terminated support for Windows Server 2K, it is time to think about upgrading to an up-to-date release of Microsoft Windows Server. Progent offers affordable Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 upgrade help, Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud integration, or Windows Server 2019 migration consulting. Progent has extensive background in designing pilot labs to lower the technical risk of moving to Microsoft Windows Servers by identifying potential hardware and software compatibility problems. In addition, Progent can give you access to CISSP and CISM Certified security professionals to evaluate your existing network protection and suggest company-wide policies, operational improvements and products to strengthen your protection.
In order to contact Progent concerning engineering help for Microsoft Windows Server integration, phone 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.
Progent's Support Services for Microsoft Server Technology
For small businesses across the United States, Progent's Microsoft-certified consultants can provide computer help and IT consulting support for the entire array of Microsoft .NET servers and Microsoft Windows Servers. Progent's planning, installation, optimization, and consulting services include network design, deployment, and management help for
project management and documentation, local and off-site
technical help and system repair,
Standard Call Center Services or Co-managed Help Desk Services, certified
security consulting, turn-key
ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
In case your business is looking for fast online support from a Microsoft certified engineer, go to Progent's Emergency Remote Network Support.
Learn more concerning Progent's Support Services for Microsoft Server Technology.