Overview of Windows 2K Server
Windows 2K Server is founded on the strengths of Windows NT technology, integrating standards-based directory, application, networking, file, and print services with proven stability, easy manageability, and compatibility with the cost-effective networking appliances to provide a stable foundation for interfacing your business with the Internet.
Advantages of Microsoft's Windows 2000 Server Not Available on Microsoft's Windows NT
Microsoft's Windows Server 2000 offers a broad range of proven functions unavailable on Windows NT systems. Highlights include:
- Windows 2K Server, Microsoft's Windows Advanced Server, and Microsoft's Windows Datacenter Server are the basis for all Microsoft's .NET servers.
- Windows 2000 Server builds upon the fundamental stability of Microsoft's Windows NT operating system that was first published in 1993, and is used in hundreds of millions of applications worldwide.
- Greatly reduced management costs as a result of the ability to run desktop computers, notebooks and servers with the identical core operating system.
- Management and security utilities to lower the cost and improve the dependability of Windows 2K and Windows XP desktop workstations by using centralized user policies, rights and configurations. Keeping unauthorized users from putting programs on their notebook or workstation, or even restricting them from Internet connectivity for workers that have no need for such tools, can be a huge efficiency advantage for both
your clients and your network services group.
- Compared to previous releases of Microsoft Windows, such as Windows 98, Windows 2000 Server is a highly robust platform to host line-of-business programs.
- An integrated security and password model that is founded on a cohesive directory structure allows transparent and secure connectivity for onsite clients, mobile or remote users, telecommuters, and web users.
- Significantly improved server and workstation administrative utilities that ease the burden of supporting servers and workstations, freeing IT resources to enhance the service quality and attentiveness to clients.
- Extensive hardware and software compatibility as a result of being the most widely used operating system.
- High quality support for remote access users, at-home workers, and virtual clients, and especially for users who are sometimes working at the office but require the identical level of efficiency when they are on the road. Features such as offline server folders allow users seamless access to information even when they are working offline.
- high uptime features, such as disk mirroring, distributed files, and server clustering, increase server availability and worker productivity.
How Progent's Engineers Can Assist You with Windows Server 2000
Progent's Microsoft-Certified engineers can assist you to manage and support your existing Windows 2000 Servers. However, because Microsoft has terminated support for Windows Server 2000, it is important to consider migrating to a current version of Windows Server. Progent offers cost-effective Windows Server 2019 migration services, Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud integration, or Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 upgrade support. Progent has extensive background in managing pilot programs to lower the technical risk of migrating to Windows Servers by identifying potential hardware and software compatibility problems. Also, Progent can provide CISA and GIAC Premier security professionals to evaluate your existing IT security and suggest proven policies, procedures and technologies to strengthen your security.
To ask Progent concerning professional assistance for Microsoft Windows Server integration, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.
Progent's Consulting Services for Microsoft .NET Servers
For small companies throughout the United States, Progent's Microsoft-certified consultants can provide computer help and professional consulting services for the whole family of Microsoft .NET servers and Windows Servers. Progent's migration, installation, update, and support services include network design, deployment, and management help for
project management and documentation, local and off-site
technical support and network repair,
Standard Call Center Support or Shared Help Desk Call Center Support, comprehensive
security consulting, IT
ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
If your business is looking for immediate remote help from a Microsoft certified network expert, go to Progent's Urgent Remote Technical Help.
Read additional details about Progent's Consulting Services for Microsoft Server Technology.