Expanding your at-home workforce can have a significant effect on network architecture, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of background helping SMBs to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Midtown Manhattan company to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you past occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Midtown Manhattan, New York companies to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-at-home environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk augmentation, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be particularly complex if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment such as PCs and notebooks, routers, and wireless APs from various vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online support for both legacy and current technologies in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to assist your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authorized at-home employees to use IT assets located at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can assist your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable an at-home worker to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers more control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for setting up routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by an entire household and visitors, are commonly used by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Business-critical applications might demand backup Internet access in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for identifying service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and setting up redundant Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the company phone system to include teleworkers is critical to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX products are popular with SMBs to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or maintain a telecommuter IP voice environment that delivers the flexibility, transparency and security required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide advanced support to assist businesses optimize their existing Cisco IP voice systems to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends high-end telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps used across the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, refer to Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can help you to maintain your current CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, see Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN architecture to support these solutions and deliver on-demand deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support online discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize multiple products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent can assist you to manage your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to deploy and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex and for other video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features such as IP voice and video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for additional Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting services for these products and
help you to tune your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, offering a powerful ecosystem of applications that deliver a consistent user interface for exchanging information throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can help businesses to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to promote collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-driven delivery of data, business processes, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create secure portals that allows at-home workers to view and edit aggregated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint expertise, visit SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, see planning and configuration consulting for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s shared cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers can share them securely through a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables at-home employees to co-author documents. Edits created offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent offers advanced online support for enabling businesses to build, maintain and repair cohesive hybrid network architectures that combine physical data centers, remote workers, branch offices, plus cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all types of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers fix issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading platform for public cloud services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features more than 100 services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish secure access to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's expertise for Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity applications and cloud-based services available by subscription. Microsoft applications and cloud services are provided in a selection of plans intended for users ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help your business to evaluate the numerous subscription plans available for Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Office 365 consulting expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling you to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange experts are available for as-needed help to get you past challenging technical bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your telecommuters have easy and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the world's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can assist your business to design, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to build a high-availability network model to make sure your users have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading set of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to extend your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage services, and streamline identity management for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help your organization to use GCP's unified management technology to administer and track your GCP environment. To find out, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Support for Teleworkers
A rapid, enterprise-wide switchover to a teleworker workforce, which could be activated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Call Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or expand their Call Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services leverage Progent's extensive network of remote IT support specialists combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an affordable, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 PC technical support from help requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to monitor or revise their active tickets, add details, and upload screen captures or relevant files. Technical support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent offers the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve complex issues. For details, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service enables your company to supplement your existing Call Center team by splitting delivery of Support Desk support services transparently between your regular support personnel and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support solution based on the number one PSA platform for handling help requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your business to deliver world-class technical support to your telecommuters, go to Progent's Help Desk Call Center supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
At-home workers often use their personal computers and work in a physically unsecured environment. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and requires careful use of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies based on best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist your company to design, implement and administer a compliant cybersecurity environment that protects critical data in IT networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network that can be securely accessed by local users as well as by telecommuters, mobile employees, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to configure and manage different permissions to various classes of users and to scale your network and modify your security as your business evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both current and legacy security appliances from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support services, go to firewall integration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate devices used by telecommuters and either reject or identify and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is put on each secured endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing advanced AI technology to identify zero-day threats before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the infected endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain protected even if they are offline. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of outside and local security threats for an environment that includes remote workers. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity inventory software for rapidly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by data security professionals with advanced certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your procedures and policies and review your WAN infrastructure to allow you to design top-level security for your telecommuters.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
Data Protection involves saving and recovering critical information so as to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage problems due to hardware issues, software glitches, operator mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for remote workers must address multiple kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast online help from experts knowledgeable about a broad array of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly anticipate scenarios that call for a quick switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning specialists can help your company to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a centralized environment for safeguarding critical data by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting mobile computers and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for permission to access data and networks, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share information, establish threat protection, verify security compliance, and delete corporate information from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. To find out about Intune and how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, go to Intune remote device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management platform that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product via a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Midtown Manhattan, New York organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.