Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Midtown Manhattan organization to select the right tools and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns top value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand expertise for getting you over challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Midtown Manhattan, New York organizations to with any facet of creating a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Call Desk services, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be particularly complicated if you have to accommodate a mix of personal equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online help for both legacy as well as current technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for making necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help your company to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to create a safe connection for authorized remote employees to use IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can help you to configure and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a broad range of devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a telecommuter to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This provides network managers more control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote support for configuring home routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by an entire household and visitors, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create throughput and security problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by providing services like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Mission-critical processes might require backup Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for identifying service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Teleworkers
Extending the company PBX environment to include remote users is critical to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX platforms are popular with SMBs to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice management. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to design or tune a remote VoIP environment that delivers the versatility, transparency and security required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide high-level support to assist businesses optimize their existing Cisco VoIP environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends high-end IP telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications deployed across the network. CUCM supports other mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, visit CUCM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent can help your company to support your current CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, visit Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with users working beyond the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN architecture to support these solutions and deliver on-demand integration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies enable online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies utilize multiple products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can help your organization to manage your current conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that enables presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include voice/video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging services for these products and
assist your business to tune your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, offering a powerful environment of productivity apps that create a cohesive user interface for sharing data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their original releases and can help businesses to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to promote collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-driven access to data, business processes, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to build secure portals that enables at-home workforce to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, go to deployment consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can retrieve them securely through a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home employees to co-author files. Revisions made offline are synced when you go back online. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent offers fast and affordable remote support for helping businesses to build, manage and troubleshoot cohesive network architectures that combine physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers fix problems with cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of public cloud software and services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers more than one hundred cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create protected connections to Azure services for remote workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, refer to Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity applications and cloud services offered by subscription. Office applications and cloud services are marketed in a variety of plans intended for users ranging from individuals and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide quick and easy online contact with experts familiar with Office 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist your business to evaluate the numerous subscription plans available for Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your telecommuters to achieve maximum business value. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing you to create hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for occasional assistance to get you past tough IT roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your telecommuters have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the industry's leading provider of cloud services. Progent offers fast and economical online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your business to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to create a high-uptime network architecture so your users have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud is a popular collection of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to extend your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your key apps cloud friendly so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your business to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage services, and streamline access management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also assist you to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and monitor your GCP environment. To learn, see Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Teleworkers
A rapid, enterprise-wide transition to a teleworker workforce, which could be driven by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery process, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses to outsource or augment their Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services utilize Progent's nationwide network of online IT support experts combined with world-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an economical, modern Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from initial help requests to trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to monitor or update the status of their active tickets, add information, and append screenshots or attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent offers optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with advanced issues. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service enables you to expand your existing Call Desk organization by sharing delivery of Support Desk support seamlessly between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's extensive roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk service uses a collaborative support model utilizing the leading professional services automation platform for handling service requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and producing reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to deliver world-class IT support to your teleworkers, see Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
Remote workers commonly run their personal equipment and work in an unsecured space. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and requires judicious use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the creation of policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist you to design, implement and manage a compliant cybersecurity environment that safeguards vital information in networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network that can be safely accessed by local users as well as by teleworkers, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to configure and manage different access rights to different groups of users and to scale your network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks grow more complex. Progent supports both current and older security devices from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, visit firewall support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the various devices used by telecommuters and either block or identify and respond to modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is put on each secured endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art AI technology to detect zero-day threats before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the impacted endpoint from the network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all types of external and local security threats for an environment that incorporates remote workers. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis scanning for rapidly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be managed by security experts with advanced certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your procedures and policies and assess your IT infrastructure to allow you to design the highest level of security for your at-home workers.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital information so as to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in case of storage problems due to hardware breakdowns, software glitches, human mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to architect and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for at-home workers must cover diverse kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast remote access to experts knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features fine-grained recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly anticipate circumstances that require a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity specialists can assist your business to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a centralized solution for safeguarding corporate data by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile computers and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. IT admins managing the endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to deploy and validate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for permission to access data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share data, set up threat protection, ensure compliance, and erase corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, refer to Intune telecommuter device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified MDM platform that helps network managers to keep remote endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. For information about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your Midtown Manhattan, New York company, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.