Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a major effect on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Midtown Manhattan company to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed guidance for helping you past occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Midtown Manhattan, New York companies to with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Call Desk augmentation, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be particularly complicated if you must accommodate a combination of personal equipment such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless APs from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online support for both outdated and modern technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement essential upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help you to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to create a safe connection for authorized at-home workers to use IT assets situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for safe VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow an at-home worker to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This gives network managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online support for setting up home routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by the whole family and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to mitigate these issues by providing services like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Mission-critical processes might demand redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for picking Internet service providers, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and integrating redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Integration for At-Home Workers
Extending the company PBX environment to include telecommuters is vital to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to server remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or older platforms for IP voice management. Progent can assist businesses of any size to plan or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that delivers the versatility, transparency and security required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer high-level support to help organizations optimize their existing Cisco VoIP environments to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends advanced telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps used across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional mixed media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, see Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help your company to support your existing CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, refer to CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with users working outside the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver on-demand configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support online discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many organizations use multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist you to manage your existing conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex and for other IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities such as video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, offering a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user experience for exchanging information across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can assist businesses to tune these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to promote collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-based delivery of content, business processes, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create protected web portals that allows at-home workers to see and edit aggregated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, refer to SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange expertise, see integration consulting for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues can retrieve them securely through a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to co-edit documents. Edits created offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent can provide advanced remote assistance for enabling businesses to build, manage and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network models that include physical data centers, at-home workers, branches, and cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters resolve problems with cloud access, authentication, and security.
Azure is a leading family of cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over one hundred services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish secure connections to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity applications and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and cloud services are provided in a variety of plans intended for users ranging from students and small offices to major corporations. Progent offers quick and affordable remote contact with consultants familiar with Office 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist your business to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 consulting support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local deployments of Exchange, allowing you to create hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to get you past challenging IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your at-home workers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's top source of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online access to cloud connectivity experts who can help your organization to plan, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to build a high-availability network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud is a leading set of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to expand your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your critical apps cloud friendly so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can help you to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with GCP Storage services, and streamline access management for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also help you to utilize GCP's management tools to control and monitor your Google Cloud environment. For details, refer to Google Cloud Platform consulting expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Remote Workers
A fast, enterprise-wide changeover to a teleworker business model, which could be the result of an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or augment their Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services utilize Progent's nationwide team of remote IT support specialists along with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up software to provide an affordable, modern Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests through ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to check or edit their active trouble tickets, add information, and append screenshots and attachments. Support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent makes available optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with complex issues. For more information, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service allows you to supplement your current Support Desk team by sharing delivery of Call Desk support transparently between your in-house support staff and Progent's extensive roster of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collaborative support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to deliver world-class IT support to your at-home employees, refer to Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
Telecommuters commonly use their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured area. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for judicious deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the creation of policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can help your business to plan, deploy and manage a compliant security environment that guards vital data in IT networks that incorporate remote workers.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network that can be safely utilized by on-premises users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and the public. Modern firewall devices allow you to configure and manage different access rights to various groups of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as network attacks become more sophisticated. Progent supports both current and legacy firewall devices from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall configuration services, see firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate devices used by an at-home workforce and either reject or identify and mitigate modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is put on every protected endpoint, watching all activity and using advanced behavioral threat analysis to identify zero-day attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the infected device from the network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To learn more about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all types of external and local security threats for an environment that incorporates remote workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity inventory software for rapidly and economically detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be provided by data security professionals with top certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your procedures and governance policies and assess your IT infrastructure to allow you to design the highest level of security for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical information so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in the event of storage failures resulting from equipment issues, programming hiccups, operator error, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to architect and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for remote workers must address diverse kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast remote access to experts knowledgeable about a broad array of platforms for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and features fine-grained restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly envision scenarios that call for a rapid changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity consultants can help your company to produce, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized environment for protecting critical data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and validate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for permission to access data and resources, manage passwords, create VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share information, establish threat protection, verify security compliance, and erase corporate information from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. For information about Intune and how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, see Intune telecommuter endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment via a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Midtown Manhattan, New York business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.