Enlarging your remote workforce can have a significant impact on IT architecture, security, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of background helping SMBs to design, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Minnetonka company to pick the right technologies and adhere to best practices in building and operating a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you past occasional technical roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Minnetonka, Minnesota companies to with any facet of creating a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure needed to support a remote work environment can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a mix of personal hardware like PCs and laptops, routers, and wireless APs from various manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online support for both legacy and modern IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to help you to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to establish a safe tunnel for authenticated remote employees to use IT assets located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to configure and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices such as Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a telecommuter to see and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This gives IT managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online consulting for configuring routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting the whole family and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise that include Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Business-critical applications may require redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for picking Internet service providers, choosing sensible service offerings, and integrating redundant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for At-Home Workers
Extending the corporate PBX system to include teleworkers is critical to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to support remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to plan or tune a remote IP voice service that delivers the versatility, transparency and security required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer advanced support to help businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, refer to CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users working outside the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your wide area network architecture to support these solutions and deliver online deployment and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide range of voice/video conferencing platforms from major vendors support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite workers and teleworkers. Many companies utilize multiple products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent can assist you to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that supports presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex and for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams as well as for additional Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help you to optimize your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user experience for exchanging information across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their original releases and can assist businesses to deploy these flagship collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-based delivery of data, workflow, and tools for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create secure web portals that permits at-home workers to view and edit consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, go to SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting services, visit planning and configuration expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can share them safely through a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home employees to jointly author documents. Edits made offline are synced when you go back online. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide affordable remote support for enabling organizations to create, manage and optimize cohesive network architectures that include internal data centers, remote workers, branches, plus cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all modes of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers resolve problems with public cloud access, authentication, and security.
Azure is a popular platform for cloud services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers more than one hundred services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and design data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish protected access to Azure services for teleworkers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, go to Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and cloud services are provided in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide fast and easy online access to consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help you to assess the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your telecommuters in a way that delivers maximum business value. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for as-needed help to guide you through tough IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your at-home workers have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, see Office 365 Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's top source of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and economical online access to cloud integration experts who can assist your organization to plan, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to build a high-availability network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the move. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading suite of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and simplify access control for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help your organization to use GCP's management tools to control and track your Google Cloud environment. For details, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for At-Home Workers
A fast, enterprise-wide transition to a telecommuter business model, which could be driven by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery process, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses to outsource or expand their Help Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services leverage Progent's nationwide team of remote technical support experts combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an economical, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from help requests through trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to track or edit their active trouble tickets, add details, and upload screen captures or relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent makes available optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve advanced issues. To learn more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service enables your business to supplement your existing Call Center organization by splitting responsibilities for Call Center support transparently between your in-house IT support personnel and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Center service uses a collective support model utilizing the leading professional services automation tool for handling service requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can help your business to deliver world-class IT support to your from-home workers, go to Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Teleworkers commonly run their personal equipment and work in an unsecured area. This worsens their exposure to cyber threats and demands judicious deployment of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security professionals can help your organization to plan, deploy and administer a modern cybersecurity environment that guards sensitive information in IT networks that incorporate remote workers.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network that can be safely accessed by local users as well as by teleworkers, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to assign and control different permissions to various groups of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats become more complex. Progent supports both current and older firewall devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support services, see firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various devices utilized by at-home workers and either reject or spot and respond to modern threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is installed on every protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to identify new threats on arrival. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the targeted endpoint from the network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoints stay protected even if they are offline. For details about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all classes of outside and local security attacks for a network that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for rapidly and affordably detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be managed by security experts with top credentials such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your workflows and governance policies and review your network infrastructure to allow you to implement top-level security for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering vital data in order to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in the event of storage system problems due to hardware issues, software glitches, user mistakes, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to architect and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for telecommuters must cover diverse types of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers quick online help from experts familiar with a broad range of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/restore products supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features granular recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly anticipate scenarios that require a quick switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning consultants can help you to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Endpoint Manager features a centralized environment for protecting corporate information by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile devices and software. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and networks, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share information, establish threat defense, ensure compliance, and delete sensitive information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To find out about Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your at-home workers, refer to Intune telecommuter device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM platform that helps network managers to keep remote endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product via a perpetual license. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your Minnetonka, Minnesota company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.