Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a major effect on IT architecture, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of background helping small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Modesto organization to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent offers services that go from on demand expertise for getting you past challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent can help Modesto, California companies to with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the network infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you have to accommodate a combination of personal equipment like PCs and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online support for both outdated as well as current IT products in remote office venues enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help your company to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a secure connection for authenticated remote workers to use IT resources located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of devices such as Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a telecommuter to see and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives IT managers more control over the computing environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online support for setting up routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting families and guests, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance as well as security issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Business-critical processes may require backup Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking Internet service providers, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Integration for Remote Workers
Extending the business phone system to accommodate telecommuters is critical to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older products for VoIP management. Progent can assist businesses of any size to design or maintain a remote VoIP environment that provides the flexibility, transparency and protection needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide high-level support to help organizations optimize their existing Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications used across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, visit Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist you to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, refer to CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed configuration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide range of video conferencing platforms from major vendors enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize multiple products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent can assist you to manage your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for compatible iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video calls. For details about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex and for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with features that include video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Teams and for other Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these products and
assist you to tune your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, providing a powerful ecosystem of applications that deliver a cohesive user interface for sharing data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can help businesses to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to promote collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-based access to data, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build protected web portals that enables remote workforce to view and edit consolidated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, go to deployment expertise for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues can retrieve them safely through a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home workers to co-author files. Revisions created offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent can provide advanced remote support for enabling organizations to create, maintain and repair cohesive hybrid network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, plus cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers fix problems with cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Azure is a leading family of public cloud services that enables you to use infrastructure, servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features more than one hundred cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and design data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish protected access to Azure for remote workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, see Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity software and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a variety of plans intended for customers ranging from students and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide quick and affordable remote access to experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist you to assess the numerous subscription bundles available for Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your at-home workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft Office 365 integration services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling you to create hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide as-needed help to get you through tough technical bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your telecommuters have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, refer to Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and economical online contact with cloud integration experts who can assist your business to plan, implement, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to build a high-uptime network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading set of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your business to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your mission-critical applications cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify identity control for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist your business to use GCP's management technology to control and monitor your GCP environment. For details, see Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Remote Workers
A fast, company-wide transition to a teleworker business model, which might be driven by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Call Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or augment their Support Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide network of online technical support experts combined with world-class ticketing and tracking technology to provide an economical, modern Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 desktop support from service requests to ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to monitor or update the status of their active tickets, add information, and append screenshots or attachments. Support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent makes available optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with complex issues. To find out more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service enables your company to expand your existing Help Desk Call Center organization by splitting responsibilities for Support Desk support services seamlessly between your in-house support personnel and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service uses a collective support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for handling service requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and generating reports. To learn how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can help your business to provide best-in-class IT support to your at-home workforce, see Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
Remote workers often use their own equipment and work in an unsecured environment. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and calls for judicious use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the creation of policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity experts can help your company to design, deploy and administer a modern cybersecurity environment that protects critical information in IT networks that include at-home workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network that can be safely accessed by on-premises users and by telecommuters, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to configure and manage different access rights to various groups of users and to expand your network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks grow more sophisticated. Progent works with both new and older security appliances from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support services, refer to firewall configuration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate devices utilized by an at-home workforce and either reject or spot and respond to the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art AI technology to detect zero-day threats before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the infected device from the network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoints stay protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all classes of external and local security threats for a network that incorporates remote workers. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity inventory software for rapidly and economically detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be provided by network security professionals with advanced credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your business to evaluate your workflows and governance policies and assess your network infrastructure to enable you to design top-level security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and restoring critical information in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time in the event of storage failures due to hardware issues, programming hiccups, user mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for at-home workers must address diverse types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast remote help from consultants knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes granular recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically envision circumstances that require a temporary changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity consultants can help your company to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager offers a unified environment for protecting corporate information by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote devices and software. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for accessing information and resources, set passwords, create VPN connections, determine how home-based workers share data, set up threat protection, ensure security compliance, and wipe corporate data from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For details about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your at-home workers, visit Intune telecommuter endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM platform that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your Modesto, California business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.