Enlarging your remote workforce may have a major effect on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Modesto organization to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent offers services that go from on demand expertise for getting you past challenging IT roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can help Modesto, California businesses to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning telecommuting environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Help Desk augmentation, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote workforce can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering remote help for both outdated as well as current IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist your company to create a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to create a secure tunnel for authenticated remote employees to access IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN connections for a wide range of devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a teleworker to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This provides network managers more control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote consulting for configuring home routers from all major vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by the whole family and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these problems by providing services that include Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Line-of-business applications may demand redundant Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for identifying Internet service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and setting up high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Teleworkers
Extending the company phone environment to accommodate teleworkers is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX products are used by SMBs to server remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy products for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that delivers the versatility, convenience and protection required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer advanced support to assist organizations tune their existing Cisco VoIP systems to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends enterprise telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to support your current CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your WAN infrastructure to work with these solutions and deliver on-demand deployment and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many organizations use a mix of products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent can help you to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex as well as for other IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as IP voice and video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
help you to tune your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a powerful environment of productivity apps that create a consistent user experience for sharing information across multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original releases and can assist businesses to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to enable collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-based access to data, business processes, and tools for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build secure portals that enables remote workforce to see and edit consolidated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, visit SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange support services, refer to planning and configuration consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s shared cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can access them safely via a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows home employees to co-author documents. Revisions created offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's support services for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent offers affordable remote assistance for enabling businesses to build, manage and troubleshoot cohesive network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all types of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers resolve issues with public cloud access, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure features more than 100 cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and plan data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish protected connections to Azure services for telecommuters by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, see Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Office apps and services are marketed in a selection of plans intended for customers ranging from students and households to large corporations. Progent offers fast and affordable online contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist you to assess the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft 365 integration services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide occasional assistance to get you through challenging technical bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your remote workers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, refer to Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and economical online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your business to plan, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to create a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your users have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading set of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your organization to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can help you make your critical applications cloud ready so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help you to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage services, and streamline access management for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also help your business to use GCP's management technology to administer and monitor your Google Cloud environment. To find out, visit Google Cloud Platform integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for At-Home Workers
A sudden, enterprise-wide changeover to a teleworker workforce, which might be motivated by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations to outsource or supplement their Help Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services leverage Progent's extensive team of remote technical support specialists along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an economical, advanced Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from initial help requests through trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to monitor or update the status of their active trouble tickets, enter information, and upload screen captures and relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent offers optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve advanced problems. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service enables your business to augment your existing Help Desk team by splitting responsibilities for Call Center support services transparently between your regular IT support staff and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service uses a collective support model utilizing the leading professional services automation tool for managing service requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can enable your business to provide world-class IT support to your at-home employees, visit Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
Telecommuters often use their own computers and work in an unsecured area. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and demands careful deployment of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security professionals can assist your company to design, implement and manage a modern security environment that safeguards sensitive information in networks that incorporate at-home workers.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network environment that can be securely accessed by local users as well as by telecommuters, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage appropriate access rights to various groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as network attacks become more complex. Progent works with both current and legacy firewall appliances from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration expertise, visit firewall configuration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate devices used by an at-home workforce and either block or spot and respond to the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is installed on every protected endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning to identify new threats at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the targeted device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all types of outside and local security threats for a network that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can run online, automated security analysis software for quickly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be provided by security professionals with top certifications including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your processes and governance policies and review your network architecture to enable you to design the highest level of protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and restoring critical data so as to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in the event of storage system problems resulting from hardware issues, software hiccups, human error, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to architect and manage in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for telecommuters must cover multiple types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick online access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide array of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and features granular recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly envision circumstances that call for a rapid changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity consultants can help you to produce, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a unified platform for safeguarding corporate data by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises computers and software. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and validate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing data and resources, set passwords, create VPN connections, control how teleworkers share information, establish threat defense, ensure compliance, and delete corporate information from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For details about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint devices of your at-home workforce, see Intune teleworker endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified MDM platform that helps network managers to keep remote endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your Modesto, California organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.