Enlarging your remote workforce can have a major impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has two decades of background helping SMBs to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Montgomery organization to select the right technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns top business value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you past challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Montgomery, Alabama companies to with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-from-home environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote work environment can be particularly challenging if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online support for both outdated and current technologies in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authenticated remote workers to use IT resources situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a teleworker to view and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This provides network managers more control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote support for integrating routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by an entire household and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create throughput and security problems. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by providing expertise like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Mission-critical processes might demand backup Internet access in the event the primary connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for identifying Internet service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and setting up redundant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Solutions for At-Home Workers
Expanding the business phone system to include remote users is vital to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are used by SMBs to server telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or older products for VoIP solutions. Progent can help businesses of any size to design or tune a remote VoIP service that provides the versatility, convenience and protection required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide advanced support to assist businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends high-end telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications used throughout the network. CUCM supports other mixed media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, visit CUCM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can assist you to maintain your current CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, see CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and provide on-demand deployment and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad selection of video conferencing products from leading technology companies support virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize a mix of products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist you to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for compatible iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for other IP video solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include voice/video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging expertise for these products and
help you to optimize your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a rich environment of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user interface for exchanging information throughout a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first publication and can assist businesses to tune these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-based delivery of data, business processes, and tools for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to build protected web portals that permits remote workers to view and update consolidated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange support services, go to planning and configuration consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers can share them safely through a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home workers to jointly author documents. Revisions created offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote support for helping organizations to create, manage and optimize integrated hybrid network models that include internal data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix issues with cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of cloud software and services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure features more than one hundred services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and design data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish secure access to Azure for teleworkers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity applications and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Office apps and services are provided in a variety of bundles intended for users ranging from individuals and small offices to large corporations. Progent can provide quick and easy online contact with experts familiar with Office 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to evaluate the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling you to create hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide as-needed assistance to guide you through tough IT bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's leading provider of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and economical online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can assist your business to plan, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to create a high-uptime network model so your employees have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular set of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify identity control for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help you to use GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud environment. For details, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Support for At-Home Workers
A rapid, organization-wide transition to a telecommuter workforce, which could be motivated by an epidemic or as part of a business continuity process, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations to outsource or supplement their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services leverage Progent's extensive team of online technical support experts combined with world-class ticketing and follow-up software to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC technical support from initial help requests to trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to track or revise the status of their active tickets, add details, and append screenshots and relevant files. Support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent makes available optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve complex issues. To learn more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service enables your business to supplement your current Call Center organization by sharing delivery of Call Center support transparently between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Center service is based on a collective support model based on the leading PSA tool for handling help requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and generating management reports. For details about how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to provide world-class technical support to your telecommuters, visit Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Teleworkers often use their own equipment and work in an unsecured area. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and demands judicious deployment of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can help your organization to plan, implement and manage a modern security environment that protects sensitive data in networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network environment that can be safely accessed by local users as well as by at-home workers, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and control different permissions to different groups of users and to expand your network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more sophisticated. Progent supports both current and older firewall devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall support expertise, go to firewall configuration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate devices used by at-home workers and either reject or identify and respond to the latest threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is installed on every secured endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning and full execution context to identify new threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the infected device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are offline. For details about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all classes of external and local security attacks for an environment that includes telecommuters. Progent can run remote, automated security analysis scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be provided by security professionals with advanced certifications such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to evaluate your workflows and policies and review your WAN architecture to allow you to design top-level protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical data so as to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in the event of storage system failures due to hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, human error, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for an at-home workforce must address multiple kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a broad array of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly anticipate circumstances that require a rapid switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning consultants can assist your business to produce, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a unified environment for safeguarding critical information by controlling onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing remote devices and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for permission to access information and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share data, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and erase corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. For details about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your at-home workforce, go to Intune remote device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment via a perpetual license. Top features of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Montgomery, Alabama company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.