Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Montgomery organization to select the right tools and adhere to best practices in building and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand guidance for getting you past occasional IT roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Montgomery, Alabama companies to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, data security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the network infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be particularly complex if you must accommodate a mix of personal equipment like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online support for both outdated and modern IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making necessary updates. Services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to create a safe connection for authenticated at-home employees to use IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN connections for a broad selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable an at-home worker to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This gives IT managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online support for setting up routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by families and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by delivering services like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Line-of-business applications may demand backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for selecting Internet service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and setting up redundant Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for At-Home Workers
Extending the business PBX system to include teleworkers is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP products are popular with SMBs to support telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older products for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to design or maintain a remote VoIP environment that delivers the versatility, convenience and security required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer advanced support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers advanced IP telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications used across the network. CUCM manages additional mixed media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, see CUCM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help you to maintain your current CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, visit Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with clients operating outside the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver as-needed configuration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad range of video conferencing products from leading technology companies support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite workers and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help you to maintain your existing conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include video calling, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams and for additional Office 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a rich environment of productivity apps that create a consistent user experience for exchanging information across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can assist businesses to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-driven access to content, workflow, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to build protected portals that permits remote workers to see and edit consolidated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, refer to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, go to planning and configuration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can access them safely via a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows home workers to co-edit documents. Edits made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's support services for OneDrive, refer to Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent can provide affordable online assistance for enabling organizations to build, maintain and repair cohesive hybrid network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, plus cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for cloud software and services that allows you to use infrastructure, servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over one hundred cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected connections to Azure for remote workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity software and cloud services available by subscription. Microsoft applications and services are marketed in a variety of plans intended for customers ranging from students and households to large corporations. Progent can provide quick and affordable remote access to experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoints running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist you to assess the numerous subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your telecommuters to achieve top business value. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 consulting expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run seamlessly with local Exchange environments, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange experts can provide occasional help to guide you through tough technical bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your teleworkers have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's consulting expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, visit Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the industry's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and affordable online contact with cloud integration experts who can help your organization to design, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to build a high-availability network architecture so your employees have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading set of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your key apps cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify identity management for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist your business to utilize GCP's management technology to administer and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. To find out, visit Google Cloud Platform consulting expertise.
Help Desk Support for At-Home Workers
A sudden, enterprise-wide changeover to a from-home business model, which could be activated by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses to outsource or augment their Call Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of remote technical support experts combined with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an affordable, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 desktop support from initial service requests through trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to track or edit the status of their active trouble tickets, enter information, and upload screenshots and attachments. Support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent makes available the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with advanced issues. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service allows your business to expand your existing Help Desk Call Center team by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk support services transparently between your regular support staff and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support model based on the number one professional services automation platform for handling help requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and producing reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to deliver best-in-class IT support to your from-home workers, refer to Progent's Help Desk Call Center supplementation Services.
Security for Remote Workers
At-home workers commonly run their own equipment and work in a physically unsecured area. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and demands judicious use of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity professionals can help you to plan, implement and manage a compliant security environment that safeguards critical data in networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network that can be securely accessed by local users as well as by at-home workers, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to assign and control appropriate access rights to various classes of users and to scale your network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly complex. Progent works with both new and older security appliances from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall configuration services, refer to firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various devices utilized by an at-home workforce and either block or identify and mitigate the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning to detect new attacks at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the targeted endpoint from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay protected even when they are not connected to the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all classes of external and local security attacks for an environment that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by security professionals with advanced certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your business to evaluate your operations and policies and review your IT architecture to enable you to design the highest level of protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection involves saving and recovering vital data in order to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time in case of storage problems due to hardware breakdowns, software glitches, user error, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to design and manage in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for remote workers must cover multiple kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast online access to consultants knowledgeable about a broad array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data spread across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and features granular restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies often anticipate circumstances that require a rapid switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist you to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a unified solution for safeguarding critical data by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises devices and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share information, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and wipe sensitive data from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. For information about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your telecommuters, go to Intune mobile endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product through a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Montgomery, Alabama business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.