Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a significant effect on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of background helping SMBs to design, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Montgomery company to select the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you past occasional technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can help Montgomery, Alabama organizations to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote help for both legacy as well as current IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Services available from Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN technology allows you to create a safe connection for authenticated remote workers to access IT assets located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a telecommuter to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This provides IT managers more control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for setting up routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by the whole family and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create throughput and security issues. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by providing services like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Line-of-business processes may demand backup Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for picking Internet service providers, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and configuring redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for At-Home Workers
Extending the business PBX environment to accommodate teleworkers is critical to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that delivers the flexibility, convenience and protection needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer high-level support to help businesses optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers advanced telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia software deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional combined media services like messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist you to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP products, visit CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and deliver on-demand deployment and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many organizations use a mix of products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that supports presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with features such as IP voice and video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for other Office 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these products and
help your business to tune your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, providing a powerful ecosystem of applications that deliver a cohesive user interface for exchanging data and ideas across a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can assist your company to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-based access to data, workflow, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to build secure portals that permits at-home workforce to see and update consolidated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, see SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting services, visit integration consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues can retrieve them safely via a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows at-home workers to co-author documents. Revisions made offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable online support for helping organizations to create, manage and repair integrated hybrid network models that incorporate physical data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, plus public cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers resolve problems with public cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over one hundred cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create secure connections to Azure services for remote workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, see Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity software and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Office apps and services are provided in a selection of bundles intended for customers ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent can provide fast and affordable remote contact with experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist you to assess the various subscription plans offered with Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for occasional assistance to get you through tough technical roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your telecommuters have convenient and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the world's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and economical online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your organization to plan, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to create a high-availability network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading set of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist you to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify identity management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help your business to use GCP's unified management technology to administer and track your Google Cloud environment. To find out, go to Google Cloud Platform consulting expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Teleworkers
A sudden, organization-wide transition to a teleworker business model, which might be driven by a pandemic or as a component of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Support Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services utilize Progent's extensive network of online IT support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an affordable, modern Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 desktop technical support from help requests to ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to monitor or update the status of their current trouble tickets, enter information, and append screen captures or relevant files. Technical support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent makes available the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with complex problems. To find out more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service enables your business to expand your existing Help Desk Call Center staff by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center services transparently between your in-house support staff and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service uses a collective support model based on the number one professional services automation platform for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your company to provide world-class desktop support to your at-home employees, see Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Security for Remote Workers
Remote workers commonly use their own computers and work in a physically unsecured space. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands careful use of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the creation of security policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security professionals can assist you to plan, deploy and manage a compliant security solution that guards vital information in networks that incorporate remote workers.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network environment that can be safely utilized by local users as well as by teleworkers, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to configure and control different permissions to various groups of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly complex. Progent supports both current and legacy firewall devices from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration services, see firewall integration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate computers used by telecommuters and either reject or spot and mitigate the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is put on every secured endpoint device, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to detect new attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the infected device from the network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all types of outside and internal security attacks for a network that incorporates remote workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for quickly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be managed by security experts with advanced credentials such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your operations and governance policies and review your network architecture to enable you to design top-level protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and restoring critical data in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in the event of storage failures due to hardware breakdowns, programming glitches, operator error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for an at-home workforce must cover diverse kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers quick remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a broad range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore products maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically envision scenarios that require a temporary switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity consultants can assist your company to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized environment for safeguarding critical information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote devices and software. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to deploy and validate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for permission to access information and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how teleworkers share data, establish threat protection, ensure security compliance, and erase corporate data from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. To learn about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your telecommuters, see Intune telecommuter endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment through a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. To learn about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your Montgomery, Alabama company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.