Expanding your at-home workforce may have a significant impact on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of background assisting SMBs to design, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Montgomery organization to pick the right tools and adhere to best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns top business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you past occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Montgomery, Alabama organizations to with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-from-home environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Call Desk services, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you have to manage a combination of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering online support for both outdated as well as modern technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to establish a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to use IT assets located at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to configure and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow an at-home worker to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online consulting for configuring routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting families and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by providing services like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Vital applications might demand redundant Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking ISPs, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Montgomery, Alabama organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.