Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Montgomery organization to select the appropriate tools and follow best practices in building and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you past occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Montgomery, Alabama businesses to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk services, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the network infrastructure needed to support a remote work environment can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering remote support for both legacy as well as modern IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authorized remote employees to access IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for safe VPN connections for a broad range of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow an at-home worker to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote consulting for integrating routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by an entire household and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as security issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Mission-critical processes may demand backup Internet access in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for selecting service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up redundant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Montgomery, Alabama company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.