Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a major effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and company culture. Progent has two decades of background assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Montgomery company to select the appropriate tools and follow leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand guidance for getting you over occasional technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Montgomery, Alabama businesses to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning telecommuting environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the network infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be particularly complicated if you must accommodate a combination of personal hardware like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from various vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online help for both legacy as well as modern technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making essential updates. Services offered by Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to use IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a telecommuter to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This gives network managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote consulting for configuring home routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by the whole family and visitors, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security problems. Progent can assist you to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP integration help.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Business-critical processes might require backup Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for picking service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your Montgomery, Alabama organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.