Expanding your at-home workforce may have a major impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of experience helping SMBs to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can help your New Haven company to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand guidance for getting you over challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help New Haven, Connecticut organizations to succeed with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the network infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be especially challenging if you must manage a combination of worker-owned equipment like PCs and laptops, routers, and wireless appliances from various vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote support for both outdated as well as modern IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to assist you to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authenticated remote workers to access IT resources situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow an at-home worker to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides IT managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote support for deploying routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by families and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause performance and security issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by delivering expertise that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Vital processes may demand redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for selecting service providers, selecting appropriate service offerings, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for At-Home Workers
Extending the business phone environment to accommodate telecommuters is critical to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based VoIP platforms are popular with SMBs to support telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to plan or maintain a remote IP voice environment that provides the flexibility, convenience and security required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide high-level support to assist businesses optimize their existing Cisco VoIP systems to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers high-end IP telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia software used across the network. CUCM manages other mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, refer to CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients operating outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and provide on-demand integration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide selection of video conferencing products from major vendors enable online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many companies utilize multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to maintain your current conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex as well as for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to optimize your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful environment of applications that create a consistent user experience for exchanging information throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can assist your company to deploy these critical collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to facilitate collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create protected web portals that permits remote workers to view and edit consolidated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange expertise, see planning and configuration consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can share them safely via a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to co-author files. Edits made offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent offers advanced remote support for helping businesses to build, manage and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network models that incorporate internal data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, and public cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters resolve issues with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for public cloud services that enables you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers more than one hundred services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish secure connections to Azure services for at-home workers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity software and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Office applications and services are provided in a variety of plans designed for customers ranging from students and small offices to major enterprises. Progent offers quick and easy remote access to experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help you to assess the numerous subscription plans available for Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your at-home workers to achieve maximum business value. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft Office 365 consulting services.
Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange experts are available for occasional assistance to get you through tough technical bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management services to ensure your telecommuters have convenient and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can help your business to design, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to build a high-availability network architecture to make sure your employees have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud is a popular collection of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your key applications cloud friendly so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify access control for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's management technology to control and track your GCP environment. For information, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Remote Workers
A rapid, organization-wide changeover to a telecommuter business model, which might be motivated by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Help Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide network of online technical support experts along with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an economical, advanced Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 PC support from initial help requests through trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to check or revise the status of their active tickets, add details, and append screen captures or relevant files. Support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve complex issues. For more information, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service allows your company to augment your existing Support Desk organization by splitting responsibilities for Call Center support services transparently between your regular support staff and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service is based on a co-sourcing support model based on the leading PSA tool for managing service requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To find out how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can enable your business to provide world-class technical support to your at-home employees, refer to Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Remote Workers
Remote workers commonly run their personal computers and work in a physically unsecured area. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and demands careful use of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist your business to plan, implement and administer a compliant security solution that guards vital data in networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network that can be securely utilized by on-premises users and by teleworkers, mobile employees, vendors, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and manage appropriate access rights to different groups of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly complex. Progent works with both current and older firewall devices from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support services, visit firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various devices utilized by an at-home workforce and either block or spot and mitigate modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is installed on every secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and using advanced machine learning and full execution context to detect new threats before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the infected endpoint from the network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain protected even if they are not connected to the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of outside and local security attacks for a network that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can run online, automated security inventory scanning for quickly and economically detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be provided by network security professionals with top certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your operations and governance policies and review your IT infrastructure to enable you to implement top-level protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
Data Protection involves saving and recovering critical data in order to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time in the event of storage failures due to equipment breakdowns, programming glitches, user error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for teleworkers must cover multiple kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers quick remote help from consultants knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features fine-grained recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically envision scenarios that require a temporary switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity consultants can help your company to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a centralized solution for protecting critical information by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises devices and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for accessing data and networks, set passwords, create VPN connections, control how teleworkers share information, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and erase corporate information from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune runs with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To find out about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your at-home workers, go to Intune remote device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that helps network managers to keep remote endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product via a one-time purchase. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. To find out about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your New Haven, Connecticut organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.