Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant effect on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your New Haven organization to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers top value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you past occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can help New Haven, Connecticut businesses to with any aspect of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be especially complicated if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering remote help for both legacy and modern IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for making essential updates. Support services available from Progent to assist you to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to create a secure connection for authorized at-home workers to use IT assets located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a teleworker to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This provides network managers more control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for deploying home routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by the whole family and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as security problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering services that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point setup assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Line-of-business processes might demand redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for selecting Internet service providers, selecting appropriate service packages, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for Remote Workers
Expanding the business PBX system to accommodate remote users is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or older products for IP voice management. Progent can assist organizations of any size to plan or tune a remote VoIP service that delivers the versatility, convenience and security required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide high-level support to assist businesses tune their existing Cisco VoIP environments to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends advanced IP telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps used across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other mixed media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help your company to support your existing CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP products, visit Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with users operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand deployment and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide selection of video conferencing products from major vendors support online discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many companies utilize multiple products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can assist your organization to maintain your existing conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to support your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex and for other IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include IP voice and video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Office 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich environment of applications that deliver a cohesive user interface for exchanging data and ideas across a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can help your company to tune these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to allow collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-driven delivery of content, workflow, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build protected web portals that allows at-home workforce to see and edit aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint support services, go to SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting services, visit integration consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can access them securely through a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home employees to co-edit files. Revisions made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent offers advanced online assistance for helping businesses to build, maintain and troubleshoot cohesive network architectures that include physical data centers, teleworkers, branches, plus public cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers resolve problems with cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Azure is a popular family of public cloud services that enables you to use infrastructure, servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers more than 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish protected connections to Azure for remote workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, visit Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity software and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and cloud services are marketed in a variety of plans intended for customers ranging from students and small offices to large enterprises. Progent can provide fast and affordable remote contact with experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help your business to evaluate the numerous subscription plans available for Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your teleworkers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 consulting expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange experts are available for occasional assistance to guide you past tough technical bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management services to make sure your telecommuters have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's top source of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your organization to plan, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud is a leading suite of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage, and simplify access management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist your business to utilize GCP's management tools to control and track your GCP ecosystem. To learn, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for At-Home Workers
An emergency, enterprise-wide switchover to a teleworker workforce, which might be motivated by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services utilize Progent's nationwide team of online technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up software to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 PC technical support from initial service requests through trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to monitor or update the status of their current trouble tickets, add information, and upload screen captures and attachments. Support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve advanced problems. For more information, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service enables your business to expand your existing Call Desk organization by sharing delivery of Support Desk services seamlessly between your regular IT support organization and Progent's extensive pool of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Center service uses a collective support solution based on the number one PSA platform for handling help requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can help your business to deliver best-in-class IT support to your from-home workers, see Progent's Help Desk Call Center supplementation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
Remote workers commonly run their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and demands judicious deployment of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity experts can assist your organization to plan, deploy and manage a compliant security solution that safeguards vital data in networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network that can be safely utilized by local users and by at-home workers, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to assign and manage different permissions to different classes of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly complex. Progent supports both new and legacy firewall appliances from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, go to firewall support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various computers utilized by teleworkers and either reject or identify and mitigate the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is put on every secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced behavioral threat analysis to detect new attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the impacted endpoint device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all classes of outside and local security attacks for an environment that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis scanning for rapidly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by security experts with top credentials including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to evaluate your workflows and policies and review your IT architecture to allow you to implement top-level security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical data in order to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time in the event of storage problems resulting from hardware issues, software glitches, operator error, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to design and maintain in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for at-home workers must address diverse types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick online help from experts knowledgeable about a broad range of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features granular recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly anticipate circumstances that call for a rapid switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning specialists can assist your company to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a unified solution for safeguarding critical data by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile computers and software. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share data, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and erase sensitive information from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune runs with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your at-home workforce, visit Intune telecommuter endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product via a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your New Haven, Connecticut business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.