Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your New Orleans company to select the right technologies and follow best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand expertise for getting you past occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can help New Orleans, Louisiana companies to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Help Desk augmentation, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be especially complex if you must accommodate a combination of personal equipment like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online help for both legacy and modern IT products in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Services available from Progent to help your company to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to create a secure tunnel for authorized at-home workers to access IT assets located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This technology provides IT managers more control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for configuring routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting an entire household and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause performance and security problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these issues by providing expertise like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP integration assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Line-of-business applications may demand redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for picking ISPs, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your New Orleans, Louisiana organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.