Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a major impact on network infrastructure, security, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Norfolk company to select the right tools and follow leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns top business value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you past challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Norfolk, Virginia organizations to with any aspect of building a high-performing work-at-home environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be especially challenging if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both outdated as well as current IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist your company to create a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to establish a secure connection for authorized remote workers to use IT resources located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for safe VPN connections for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a teleworker to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This gives network managers more control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote consulting for integrating home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by an entire household and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance as well as security problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these problems by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Line-of-business applications may demand redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for selecting service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and setting up high-availability Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Norfolk, Virginia organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.