Enlarging your remote workforce can have a major effect on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and company culture. Progent has two decades of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Norfolk organization to pick the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you over occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Norfolk, Virginia businesses to with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-at-home environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Help Desk services, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be particularly challenging if you must manage a combination of personal equipment such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from different vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering online help for both outdated and current technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help you to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home employees to access IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a telecommuter to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This provides network managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote consulting for integrating routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by an entire household and visitors, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to mitigate these issues by delivering services that include Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Business-critical processes might require redundant Internet access in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting service providers, selecting appropriate service offerings, and integrating redundant Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the business PBX environment to include teleworkers is vital to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP platforms are used by SMBs to server telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP service that provides the versatility, transparency and protection needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer high-level support to help businesses tune their current Cisco VoIP systems to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers advanced IP telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps used throughout the network. CUCM supports other combined media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist your company to support your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, see Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients operating outside the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors support online meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and at-home workers. Many companies use a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to support your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting services for Webex as well as for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as IP voice and video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a powerful ecosystem of applications that create a consistent user interface for sharing data and ideas across a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their first publication and can help businesses to configure these flagship collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to enable collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-based delivery of data, business processes, and tools for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to build secure portals that permits remote workers to view and edit consolidated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, see planning and configuration consulting for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can access them safely through a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to co-edit files. Revisions created offline are automatically synced when you go back online. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent offers affordable remote assistance for helping businesses to build, manage and repair cohesive hybrid network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, telecommuters, branches, and cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers resolve issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for public cloud services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers more than one hundred services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create protected connections to Azure for at-home workers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, refer to Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity software and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and services are provided in a selection of plans intended for users ranging from individuals and households to major corporations. Progent can provide quick and easy online access to experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help your business to evaluate the numerous subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your telecommuters in a way that delivers top business value. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 consulting expertise.
Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to create hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for occasional assistance to get you through challenging IT bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your teleworkers have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's consulting expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the world's leading provider of cloud services. Progent offers quick and economical online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your business to design, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to build a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud is a leading collection of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to scale your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your key apps cloud friendly so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify access control for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help your organization to utilize GCP's unified management technology to administer and track your GCP environment. For information, go to Google Cloud Platform integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Telecommuters
A fast, company-wide changeover to a from-home workforce, which could be motivated by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery plan, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses to outsource or expand their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services leverage Progent's extensive team of online technical support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to provide an economical, modern Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 desktop technical support from initial help requests through ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to monitor or edit the status of their current trouble tickets, add details, and upload screenshots or relevant files. Technical support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent offers the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve complex problems. For details, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service allows you to supplement your existing Call Center team by sharing delivery of Call Center support services seamlessly between your regular IT support staff and Progent's nationwide team of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support solution utilizing the leading professional services automation (PSA) tool for managing service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can help your business to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your teleworkers, refer to Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
At-home workers commonly use their own equipment and work in a physically unsecured environment. This worsens their exposure to cyber threats and requires judicious use of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of policies that follow leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can help your company to plan, deploy and manage a modern security solution that protects sensitive information in IT networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network environment that can be securely accessed by local users and by at-home workers, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances allow you to configure and manage different access rights to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats become more sophisticated. Progent supports both current and legacy firewall devices from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, visit firewall integration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate computers utilized by telecommuters and either block or spot and respond to modern threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is put on every protected endpoint, watching all activity and using advanced behavioral threat analysis to identify new attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the infected endpoint device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all classes of external and local security threats for a network that includes at-home workers. Progent can run online, automated security analysis software for rapidly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be provided by network security experts with advanced certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your processes and governance policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to enable you to design top-level security for your telecommuters.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
Data Protection involves saving and restoring vital information in order to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in case of storage system problems resulting from hardware issues, software glitches, user error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to architect and manage in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for teleworkers must cover diverse kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers fast online access to experts knowledgeable about a broad range of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data spread across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically envision circumstances that call for a quick switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity consultants can help your business to produce, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified platform for protecting critical information by controlling onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint devices of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and validate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for accessing data and networks, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share data, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and erase sensitive information from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. For information about Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, go to Intune remote endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM product that allows network managers to keep remote endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product through a one-time purchase. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Norfolk, Virginia business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.