Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a significant effect on IT architecture, security/compliance, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of background assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Norfolk company to pick the right tools and follow best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you past challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Norfolk, Virginia organizations to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Call Desk services, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote workforce can be particularly challenging if you must manage a combination of personal equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from various vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both outdated and modern technologies in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement essential updates. Services available from Progent to help your company to create a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to establish a safe connection for authorized at-home workers to use IT resources located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a teleworker to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This provides network managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online support for setting up routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting the whole family and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering services that include Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Line-of-business processes may demand backup Internet access in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for selecting service providers, picking appropriate service offerings, and integrating high-availability Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Solutions for Telecommuters
Expanding the company phone environment to include telecommuters is vital to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server remote users. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for VoIP management. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP service that provides the versatility, transparency and protection required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide advanced support to help organizations tune their existing Cisco VoIP systems to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers high-end IP telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software deployed throughout the network. CUCM supports other combined media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, see CUCM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist your company to maintain your current CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, visit Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your wide area network infrastructure to work with these solutions and provide on-demand configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad range of video conferencing products from leading vendors support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both onsite users and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize multiple products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist you to manage your existing voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that enables presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home employees. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with features such as IP voice and video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging services for these products and
help you to tune your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, providing a rich environment of productivity apps that create a consistent user experience for exchanging information throughout multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their first releases and can help your company to configure these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to allow collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-driven delivery of data, business processes, and tools for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create secure web portals that permits remote workforce to see and edit aggregated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint support services, visit SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange support services, see integration consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can access them securely via a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to co-author documents. Revisions created offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent can provide affordable remote support for enabling organizations to create, maintain and optimize cohesive hybrid network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, remote workers, branch offices, plus cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers fix problems with cloud access, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for cloud services that allows you to use infrastructure, servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than one hundred services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure for teleworkers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's support services for Azure, see Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Office apps and cloud services are provided in a variety of plans intended for users ranging from individuals and small offices to large enterprises. Progent can provide fast and easy online contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help your business to assess the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your telecommuters in a way that delivers maximum business value. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft 365 integration services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling you to create hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to get you through tough IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to make sure your teleworkers have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's top source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide fast and economical online access to cloud integration consultants who can assist your organization to plan, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to build a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your employees have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. For information about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading set of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify identity management for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud environment. For information, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for At-Home Workers
A rapid, company-wide switchover to a teleworker business model, which could be the result of a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations to outsource or expand their Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services utilize Progent's extensive network of online technical support specialists along with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up software to offer an economical, modern Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 PC support from initial service requests through ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to track or revise their current tickets, add information, and append screenshots and attachments. Support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent makes available the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve advanced problems. To learn more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service enables your business to augment your current Support Desk staff by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk support services seamlessly between your in-house support staff and Progent's nationwide pool of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for managing help requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and producing reports. For details about how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your company to provide best-in-class technical support to your teleworkers, visit Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security for Teleworkers
Remote workers commonly run their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured area. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and requires careful deployment of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity experts can help your company to plan, implement and administer a modern cybersecurity solution that protects vital information in networks that incorporate teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network that can be safely accessed by local users as well as by at-home workers, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to configure and control appropriate permissions to different groups of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks grow more complex. Progent supports both current and legacy security devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, see firewall configuration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the various devices utilized by at-home workers and either block or spot and mitigate modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is put on every protected endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to identify zero-day threats before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the impacted endpoint from the network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all types of outside and internal security threats for an environment that includes teleworkers. Progent can run remote, automated security inventory software for rapidly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by data security professionals with top certifications including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your operations and policies and assess your IT infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
Data Protection involves backing up and restoring vital information in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time in case of storage problems resulting from equipment issues, programming hiccups, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for at-home workers must address multiple kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast online access to experts knowledgeable about a broad range of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features granular restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often envision circumstances that require a temporary switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning specialists can help you to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Endpoint Manager offers a unified environment for safeguarding critical information by managing onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile devices and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for accessing data and resources, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share information, set up threat defense, verify security compliance, and wipe corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune can be used with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For details about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help you to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, go to Intune remote device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management platform that allows network managers to keep remote endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product through a perpetual license. Top features of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your Norfolk, Virginia business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.