Expanding your at-home workforce can have a major impact on IT architecture, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has two decades of experience assisting SMBs to design, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Oakland company to pick the right technologies and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you past occasional technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Oakland, California organizations to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you must manage a mix of worker-owned equipment such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both legacy and modern IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for implement necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to help you to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to create a safe connection for authorized remote employees to use IT resources situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable an at-home worker to see and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This provides network managers significant control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for integrating home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by the whole family and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by providing services that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Vital processes might demand backup Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for identifying Internet service providers, selecting sensible service bundles, and configuring high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your Oakland, California business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.