Enlarging your remote workforce may have a major effect on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Oakland organization to pick the right tools and follow leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns top value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you over challenging technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Oakland, California businesses to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Help Desk augmentation, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote workforce can be particularly challenging if you must manage a combination of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote help for both legacy and modern IT products in remote office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to help you to create a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to establish a safe connection for authenticated at-home workers to access IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a broad selection of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology gives network managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for integrating home routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting an entire household and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by delivering expertise that include Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Line-of-business processes may demand redundant Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for selecting Internet service providers, selecting appropriate service packages, and integrating high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Oakland, California organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.