Expanding your remote workforce may have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Oakland company to select the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent can provide support services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you over challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Oakland, California businesses to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, data security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the network infrastructure needed for an at-home work environment can be especially complicated if you must manage a combination of personal hardware such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote support for both legacy and modern technologies in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authenticated remote employees to access IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a wide selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow an at-home worker to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers more control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online support for setting up home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting an entire household and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance as well as security problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by providing services that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Business-critical processes may require backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for identifying service providers, selecting sensible service packages, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Oakland, California company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.