Exchange Online is one of several cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product line supported by Microsoft Azure. Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower investment in hardware infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scale, high-availability, and other advantages inherent with public clouds vs. on-premises datacenters. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling you to create hybrid information systems. Hybrid networks include local servers and storage with cloud services to create a cohesive network.
Typical motives for combining local Exchange installations with Exchange Online are compliance with government or industry mandates or business policies that prohibit certain mailboxes from being hosted off site, throughput requirements involving server virtualization or cloud latency, the desire for greater administrative flexibility, the ability to accommodate various non-standard or outdated environments, company culture, or business continuity strategies. In addition, hybrid systems are commonly implemented for moving non-disruptively from an on-premises to an Exchange Online cloud-based environment.
Whether you need a temporary hybrid Exchange Online implementation on the way to a full move to the cloud or you intend to create a robust hybrid network model, Progent's Microsoft-certified experts can assist you with any facet of designing, configuring, administering, and debugging your hybrid system. Progent's Exchange specialists offer as-needed expertise to help resolve challenging technical bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing or co-sourcing to make sure your hybrid Exchange Online initiative is completed on schedule and on budget.
Exchange Online hybrid deployments span on-premises and Azure cloud resources
Progent's Exchange Server consultants have valuable experience working with Microsoft's Office 365 support personnel to fix complicated technical issues and Progent can provide on-going expertise to help you to maintain and enhance your hybrid Office 365 Exchange Online solution as your needs evolve. Progent is a Microsoft Partner with 20 years of background providing companies of all sizes advanced consulting services online, and Progent can also provide on-premises expertise in metro areas across the U.S. (Refer to Progent's client testimonials.)
Hybrid Solutions for Office 365 Exchange Online
A hybrid deployment of Exchange Online and onsite Exchange supports a mix of local and cloud mailboxes and offers other important features including:
- Secure mail routing with a domain namespace and an Outlook on the Web address shared between local and Office 365 organizations
- A shared GAL with full recipient information
- A shared availability calendar
- Management of inbound and outbound mail flow across Office 365 organizations organizations
- Easy movement of mailboxes between on-premises Exchange and Exchange Online including automatic Exchange ActiveSync profile redirection
- On-premises Exchange Administration Center for unified mailbox management
- Multi-mailbox search on local and Exchange Online mailboxes
- Exchange Online Archiving for on-premises and cloud-hosted mailboxes
- Seamless incorporation with on-premises and/or cloud-hosted implementations of Skype for Business and SharePoint server
- Support for Microsoft Edge Transport server to filter out spam and enforce mail flow transport policies
- Single sign-on (SSO) via Azure AD Connect, password synchronization, or AD FS
- Active Directory Federation Services integration allows multi-factor authentication and adheres to Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS)
Hybrid Active Directory Federation Services offers multi-factor authentication and complies with Federal Information Processing Standards
Office 365 Exchange Online can be deployed under several hybrid architectures. Judicious analysis with Progent's solution design consultants can save you considerable time and expense, since re-structuring an inappropriate deployment can be difficult and distracting. Building an efficient hybrid Office 365 solution can be challenging. The complexity depends on the design of your current email environment and the features you intend to achieve. Major tasks include:
During the process of implementing a hybrid Exchange Online deployment, critical decisions have to be made about local network architecture, mail flow, authentication, synchronization, security, latency, backup and recovery, archive policies, management, delegation, mailbox size restrictions, smartphone management, integration with other onsite and cloud-hosted apps, and other areas that affect the architecture and implementation of your hybrid Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. Typically your on-premises Exchange environment will need to be brought up to date.
- Determine your strategic goals for your hybrid Exchange Online solution
- Evaluate your existing infrastructure and modernize as necessary
- Design and validate your new network infrastructure
- Design an implementation process and identify migration tools
- Identify on-premises vs. cloud clients
- Select required Office 365 services and purchase licenses
- Add and test the domain of the Office 365 portal
- Update DNS records
- Use IdFix to resolve local Active Directory issues found by AD Connect and configure on-premises Active Directory and optionally AD FS
- Set up single sign-on and Directory Sync
- Assign licenses and create Accounts/mailboxes in Office 365
- Move mailboxes to PSTs and move them from PSTs to Exchange Online mailboxes
- Register smartphones and tablets
- Migrate public folders
- Verify services
- Patch and verify firewalls and proxy servers
- Train IT management team and users
Microsoft has developed a variety of tools to assist you to streamline many of the tasks needed to build a hybrid environment for Office 365. These include the Office 365 Hybrid Configuration Wizard, PowerShell, the Exchange admin center (EAC), the Office 365 Deployment Readiness Toolkit, and the IdFix utility. In practice, many parts of setting up a hybrid Office 365 solution are subject to technical missteps. Progent's Microsoft-certified consultants have dealt extensively with issues related to planning and implementing hybrid Office 365 deployments and can show you how to you follow best practices to anticipate common issues, overcome them quickly, and protect your clients from downtime.
How Progent Can Assist You to Integrate Office 365 Exchange Online with Your On-premises Network
Progent can help you in every stage of migrating to Microsoft Office 365 and integrating your local Exchange system with Exchange Online. Progent can assist you to prioritize your strategic goals, assess the readiness of your current network infrastructure, design the topology for a hybrid solution, create an implementation process, configure and test a pilot system, configure your hybrid network, automate management functions, tune performance, manage licenses, provide expertise for business continuity plans, validate security compliance, and provide training for your IT team and users. Progent can provide cost-effective online consulting and troubleshooting to assist you to resolve stubborn technical issues, or Progent can provide full=service project management outsourcing services to ensure you finish your hybrid integration of Office 365 on schedule and within budget.
In addition to Office 365 Exchange Online, Microsoft offers other applications that are part of the Office 365 product line. Included among these are Skype for Business Online, SharePoint Online, and Microsoft Project Online. All of these packages can be integrated with one another in cloud-centric or hybrid implementations. Progent's Microsoft-certified O365 configuration experts can assist you to build hybrid solutions that combine Office 365 products and on-premises resources by providing services that include Windows Server consulting, Exchange integration, Skype for Business system design and troubleshooting, SQL Server integration and software development, SharePoint design and development, Office 365 integration and training, Microsoft Project expertise, and Dynamics GP support.
To assist you to manage your hybrid deployment, Progent offers System Center 2016 consulting services, System Center Data Protection Manager (SCDPM) expertise, System Center Operations Manager (SCOM 2016) support, Configuration Manager consulting, Virtual Machine Manager hybrid cloud configuration consulting,
Common examples of online and on-premises consulting services offered by Progent to help organizations to combine Office 365 Exchange Online with on-premises Exchange deployments include:
Contact Progent for Hybrid Office 365 Exchange Online Solutions
- Clean folders before exporting them into Exchange Online
- Configure authentication with Office 365 and local Domain Users
- Configure Office 365 Exchange Online and allocate licenses
- Rebuild profiles of Windows clients
- Migrate Google Gmail accounts
- Carry out manual mailbox exports when required
- Register accounts to Apple iOS and Android devices
- Plan and configure Exchange Online Archiving
- Set up local or hybrid spam filter appliances from other vendors
- Fix Exchange Online synchronization issues with Active Directory Users and AD Global Security Groups
- Resolve Outlook autodiscover problems
- Resolve problems related to MX and SPF records
- Specify, configure, test, and rectify mail flow
- Resolve AD FS and AD Connect identity management issues
- Deploy PowerShell scripts for administration, repair, and email migration
- Work together with Microsoft staff to identify and repair issues at Microsoft's end (for example, a misconfigured Connector)
- Troubleshoot Office 365 Message Encryption problems
- Update on-premises Exchange Servers to current versions of Exchange and upgrade equipment
- Educate HR on procedure to delete email accounts for departed workers
If you are looking for expertise with any facet of integrating your on-premises Exchange system with Exchange Online, call Progent at 800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.
Other Cloud Integration Services from Progent
The options available for public cloud services are increasing continually, making it a serious challenge for IT managers to select the optimum cloud solution for their business. Progent has in-depth experience helping companies ranging from startups to large enterprises to design, implement, and manage hybrid networks that combine various cloud products and services from major public clouds. Progent's cloud integration experts can assist you to understand the relative advantages and pitfalls of competing public cloud options and can show you how to build a cloud-centric or hybrid network that provides maximum business value.
Public cloud products supported by Progent's consultants include:
Progent's Azure cloud planning and integration consultants can assist you with every phase of Azure cloud migration including needs analysis, readiness assessment, solution design, pilot testing, implementation, automated administration, performance tuning, software license controls, disaster recovery preparedness, security policy enforcement, and compliance validation. Progent can help you to set up and troubleshoot firewall appliances and VPN connections so that your users can safely access to Azure resources, and Progent's Microsoft-certified consultants can help you integrate key Microsoft platforms to run in the cloud including Microsoft Windows Server, Exchange Server, SQL Server and SharePoint. Progent can also assist your organization to set up a hybrid ecosystem that seamlessly integrates physical datacenters with Azure resources.
Progent's Office and Office 365 experts can assist businesses to integrate Office desktop and Office 365 applications such as Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, Access, Visio and Publisher into a cohesive productivity solution that provides quick return on investment and enables better business results. Progent can assist you to integrate Microsoft Office or Office 365 apps with each other and with other key Microsoft technologies such as SharePoint Server, Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft SQL Server deployed on-premises or in the cloud. Progent can also help you to fix compatibility issues with different versions of Office and can provide live online Office and Office 365 training to individual users and teams.
Progent's Amazon AWS cloud integration experts can provide affordable online consulting to help businesses to integrate Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud services such as Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) for virtual server hosting, Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) for expandable low-latency storage, and Glacier for low-cost long-term archiving. Progent can help you with every phase of Amazon AWS integration including needs analysis, preparedness evaluation, system design, pilot testing, configuration, centralized administration, performance optimization, licensing management, backup/restore mechanisms, and security. Progent can provide advanced expertise with firewall configuration and VPN access and can show you how to create all-cloud or hybrid networking models that efficiently incorporate Amazon AWS resources. Progent offers occasional expertise or Progent can provide project management outsourcing or co-sourcing to help you move smoothly to the Amazon AWS platform.
Amazon Marketplace Web Service is an integrated collection of APIs that enables Amazon sellers to improve the efficiency of their operations by automating key sales activities such as listings, orders, shipments, fulfillment, and finances. By leveraging Amazon's extensive online selling environment and automating their sales, merchants can broaden their market, reduce their operating costs, improve response time to customers, and add to their profits. Progent's Amazon Marketplace Web Service consultants can collaborate with your development staff and provide programming, workflow integration, project management support, and training to help you cut development time and speed up your return on investment.
Progent's Google Cloud Platform planning and integration experts can provide cost-effective remote and on-premises consulting to help companies of any size to migrate any portion of their critical IT resources to Google Cloud Platform (GCP). This can save management hassle and equipment costs and allow access to Google's cutting edge machine learning technology. Progent can help you with every aspect of Google Cloud Platform migration and troubleshooting including requirements analysis, readiness evaluation, system design, pilot testing, configuration, centralized administration, performance optimization, software license management, disaster recovery solutions, and security.