Exchange Online is one of several cloud-based applications included in the Office 365 family of products supported by Azure. Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower investment in hardware infrastructure, simplified administration, dynamic capacity, data protection, plus other advantages associated with public clouds instead of on-premises datacenters. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to work seamlessly with local implementations of Exchange Server, enabling you to create hybrid information systems. Hybrid networks combine local servers and storage with cloud products and services to produce a unified IT solution.
Typical reasons for integrating local Exchange installations with Exchange Online include compliance with regulatory standards or internal policies that prevent certain mailboxes from being located off premises, throughput issues associated with virtualization or cloud latency, the need for greater administrative flexibility, the need to accommodate certain home-grown or legacy systems, company culture, or business continuity strategies. Also, hybrid systems are typically on the critical path for moving safely from a local to an Exchange Online cloud-centric environment.
If you need a transitional hybrid Exchange Online deployment to carry out a full move to Azure or you want to build a robust hybrid ecosystem, Progent's Microsoft-certified consultants can assist you with every phase of planning, integrating, administering, and debugging your hybrid solution. Progent's Exchange experts can deliver as-needed assistance to guide you through stubborn integration issues and also can provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your hybrid Exchange Online implementation is performed on time and on budget.
Exchange Online hybrid configurations integrate local and cloud networks
Progent's Exchange specialists have extensive experience working with Microsoft's Office 365 technical support staff to fix complicated technical issues and Progent can provide as-needed support to assist you to manage and tune your hybrid Exchange Online solution as your requirements evolve. Progent is a Microsoft Partner with two decades of experience delivering companies of all sizes advanced consulting services online, and Progent also offers on-premises expertise in metro areas across the U.S. (Refer to Progent's customer testimonials.)
Hybrid Solutions for Office 365 Exchange Online
A hybrid implementation of Exchange Online and on-premises Exchange supports a mix of local and cloud mailboxes and offers other important features including:
- Secure mail transfer with a domain namespace and an Outlook on the Web address shared between on-premises and Office 365 cloud organizations
- A shared global address list (GAL) with complete recipient information
- A shared free/busy calendar
- Control of inbound and outbound mail flow across Office 365 organizations organizations
- Simple movement of mailboxes between local Exchange infrastructure and Exchange Online including Exchange ActiveSync profile redirection
- On-premises Exchange Administration Center (EAC) for centralized mailbox administration
- Multi-mailbox search across local and Office 365 Exchange Online mailboxes
- Office 365 Archiving for local and cloud-hosted mailboxes
- Seamless incorporation with on-premises and cloud-hosted implementations of Skype for Business and SharePoint
- Support for Microsoft Edge Transport server to protect against junk mail and apply mail flow transport policies
- Single sign-on (SSO) via Azure Active Directory Connect, password synchronization, or Active Directory FS
- AD Federation Services integration allows multi-factor authentication and adheres to Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS)
Hybrid AD Federation Services offers multi-factor authentication and meets Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS)
Exchange Online supports several hybrid models. Judicious planning with Progent's network design consultants can save you significant effort and expense, since re-structuring an inappropriate implementation can be complex and disruptive. Building an efficient hybrid Exchange Online ecosystem can be intimidating. The degree of difficulty depends on the makeup of your current email environment and the features you hope to have. Basic steps include:
In the process of implementing a hybrid Office 365 deployment, important decisions must made concerning on-premises system architecture, mail flow, authentication, synchronization, compliance, latency, disaster recovery, archive policies, administration, delegation, size restrictions, mobile device management, integration with other on-premises and cloud applications and services, and other issues that impact the design and implementation of your hybrid Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. Usually your on-premises Exchange environment will need to be brought up to date.
- Determine your essential goals for your hybrid Exchange Online solution
- Assess your current infrastructure and update as needed
- Design and test your new network architecture
- Design a deployment process and select migration tools
- Identify local vs. Office 365 clients
- Choose required cloud services and purchase subscriptions
- Add and verify the domain of the Office 365 portal
- Change/Add DNS records
- Utilize IdFix to clean up local AD issues identified by Azure AD Connect and configure on-premises Active Directory and optionally AD FS
- Configure single sign-on (SSO) and Directory Sync
- Assign licenses and create Accounts/mailboxes in Office 365
- Move mailboxes to PSTs and move them from PSTs to Office 365 mailboxes
- Register smartphones and tablets
- Move public folders
- Activate and Test services
- Patch and test firewalls and proxy servers
- Educate network support team and users
Microsoft has developed an assortment of tools to help you to simplify many of the steps required to create a hybrid environment for Exchange Online. These utilities include the Office 365 Hybrid Configuration Wizard (HCW), PowerShell, the Exchange admin center (EAC), the Office 365 Deployment Readiness tool, and the IdFix utility. In practice, many phases of setting up a hybrid Office 365 Exchange Online solution are prone to technical hiccups. Progent's Microsoft-certified experts have worked extensively with problems related to planning and rolling out hybrid Office 365 Exchange Online projects and can help you follow best practices to avoid common issues, resolve them efficiently, and protect your clients from service disruptions.
How Progent Can Assist You to Integrate Office 365 Exchange Online with Your Local Resources
Progent's consultants can help you in every aspect of migrating to Office 365 and combining your on-premises Exchange implementation with Exchange Online. Progent can assist you to define your operational goals, evaluate the readiness of your existing infrastructure, design the topology for a hybrid environment, devise a deployment process, set up and verify a pilot system, install your hybrid system, automate management tasks, optimize performance, manage licenses, provide consulting for business continuity plans, assess security compliance, and provide training for your network management team and users. Progent offers cost-effective online consulting and troubleshooting to help you to resolve occasional problems, or Progent can provide comprehensive project management outsourcing services to ensure you finish your hybrid deployment of Office 365 on time and within budget.
Besides Office 365, Microsoft offers other applications within the Office 365 product family. Included among these are Skype for Business Online, SharePoint Online, and Project Online. All of these applications can be integrated with one another in cloud-based or hybrid implementations. Progent's Microsoft-certified Office 365 integration consultants can assist you to create hybrid solutions that incorporate Office 365 packages and on-premises infrastructure by delivering advanced services such as Windows Server consulting, Exchange integration, Skype for Business solution planning and troubleshooting, SQL Server configuration and development, SharePoint design and development, Office 365 integration and training, Microsoft Project expertise, and Dynamics GP support.
To help you to manage your hybrid network, Progent can provide System Center 2016 deployment help, System Center Data Protection Manager expertise, SCOM consulting, Configuration Manager consulting, System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) hybrid cloud management consulting,
Typical samples of online and on-premises consulting services offered by Progent's experts to help businesses to integrate Exchange Online with on-premises Exchange environments include:
Contact Progent for Hybrid Office 365 Exchange Online Solutions
- Tidy up email before exporting them into Exchange Online
- Configure authentication with Office 365 and local Domain Users
- Configure Office 365 Exchange Online and allocate purchased licenses
- Reconstruct profiles of Windows users
- Migrate Google Gmail accounts
- Carry out manual mailbox migrations as necessary
- Add email accounts to Apple iOS and Google Android devices
- Define and configure Office 365 Archiving
- Configure local or hybrid spam filter appliances from other vendors
- Correct Exchange Online synchronization issues with Active Directory Users and AD Global Security Groups
- Resolve Outlook autodiscover problems
- Fix issues related to .PST and .OST files
- Specify, configure, verify, and rectify mail flow
- Troubleshoot Active Directory Federation Services and AD Connect identity management issues
- Utilize PowerShell scripts for management, repair, and migration
- Work with Microsoft support technicians to identify and repair issues at Microsoft's end (e.g., a corrupted Connector)
- Troubleshoot message encryption issues
- Update on-premises Exchange Servers to current versions of Exchange and upgrade equipment
- Train Human Resources on procedure to disable accounts for departed employees
If you are looking for assistance with any facet of interfacing your local Exchange environment with Exchange Online, call Progent at 800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.
Other Cloud Integration Solutions from Progent
The choices available for public cloud products and services are increasing continually, making it a serious challenge for information system managers to determine the optimum cloud strategy for their organization. Progent has worked extensively assisting businesses ranging from startups to large enterprises to design, implement, and maintain hybrid environments that combine various cloud products and services from major public clouds. Progent's cloud integration experts can assist you to understand the relative advantages and shortcomings of different public cloud options and can show you how to build a cloud-based or hybrid ecosystem that delivers maximum business value.
Public cloud products and services supported by Progent's consultants include:
Progent's Azure planning and integration experts can help you with every aspect of Microsoft Azure migration such as needs definition, readiness assessment, solution design, pilot testing, implementation, automated administration, performance optimization, license management, disaster recovery strategies, security planning, and regulatory compliance validation. Progent can help you to set up and debug firewalls and VPN tunnels so your clients can securely access to Azure services, and Progent's Microsoft-certified consulting experts can assist you set up critical Microsoft platforms to work in the cloud including Windows Server, Exchange Server, SQL and Skype for Business. Progent can also help your organization to set up a hybrid ecosystem that seamlessly integrates on-premises datacenters with Azure-based resources.
Progent's certified Microsoft Office and Office 365 experts can help companies of any size to integrate Office desktop and Office 365 applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Project and OneNote into a seamless productivity solution that provides fast ROI and promotes better business outcomes. Progent can help your company to integrate Office or Office 365 applications with one another and with other core Microsoft platforms including SharePoint, Exchange Server and Microsoft SQL Server deployed on-premises or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can also help you to resolve compatibility problems with various versions of Microsoft Office and offers customized online Microsoft Office and Office 365 training to individual users or groups.
Progent's Amazon Web Services (AWS) planning and integration consultants offer affordable online consulting to assist companies to access Amazon AWS cloud services including Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) for virtual server hosting, Amazon S3 for expandable cloud storage, and Amazon Glacier for low-cost archival storage. Progent can help your IT team with every aspect of Amazon AWS integration including requirements analysis, readiness evaluation, architectural design, pilot testing, configuration, centralized administration, performance tuning, licensing management, backup/restore mechanisms, and security and compliance. Progent offers advanced expertise with firewall configuration and VPN access and can help you create cloud-centric or hybrid ecosystems that seamlessly integrate Amazon AWS resources. Progent can provide occasional support or Progent can deliver comprehensive project management outsourcing or co-sourcing services to help you move smoothly to the Amazon AWS cloud.
Amazon Marketplace Web Service is an integrated collection of APIs that allows Amazon sellers to improve the efficiency of their operations by automating crucial sales activities such as listings, orders, payments, inbound and outbound fulfillment, and reports. By leveraging Amazon's vast online selling environment and automating their sales processes, merchants can expand their market, reduce their operating costs, improve reaction time to customers, and increase their profits. Progent's Amazon Marketplace Web Service developers can collaborate with your development team and provide programming, workflow integration, project management support, and training to help you shorten development time and costs and expedite your ROI.
Progent's Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration consultants can provide cost-effective online and onsite support to assist companies to move all or part of their core network infrastructure to Google Cloud Platform services. This can save time and hardware costs and allow access to Google's state-of-the-art AI and machine learning tools. Progent can help your IT team with every phase of Google Cloud Platform migration and troubleshooting including requirements analysis, readiness assessment, system design, pilot testing, configuration, centralized administration, performance tuning, software license management, disaster recovery solutions, and security and compliance.