Microsoft Exchange Online is one of Microsoft's cloud-hosted applications in the Office 365 family enabled by Azure. Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower investment in hardware infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scale, high-availability, and other advantages associated with public clouds vs. local IT facilities. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to work transparently with on-premises implementations of Exchange, allowing you to create hybrid information systems. Hybrid environments include local resources with cloud-based products and services to create a cohesive IT solution.
Common reasons for integrating local Exchange installations with Office 365 Exchange Online are adherence to government or industry standards or corporate policies that prevent certain mailboxes from being hosted off site, performance requirements associated with server virtualization or cloud connectivity, the desire for more management control, the ability to accommodate certain home-grown or legacy environments, company culture, or recovery strategies. In addition, hybrid systems are typically implemented for moving non-disruptively from a local to an Exchange Online cloud-based model.
If you want a temporary hybrid Exchange Online deployment on the way to a migration to Azure or you intend to build a long-term hybrid ecosystem, Progent's Microsoft-certified consultants can help you with any facet of planning, configuring, administering, and debugging your hybrid solution. Progent's Exchange consultants can deliver occasional expertise to help you through challenging technical issues and also can provide end-to-end project management outsourcing or co-sourcing to ensure your hybrid Exchange Online implementation is completed on schedule and on budget.
Office 365 Exchange Online hybrid deployments span local and cloud networks
Progent's Exchange specialists have valuable experience working with Microsoft's Office 365 technical support staff to resolve complex technical issues and Progent offers on-going expertise to assist your business to maintain and enhance your hybrid Exchange Online solution as your requirements change over time. Progent is a Microsoft Partner with 20 years of background delivering companies of all sizes high-level consulting support online, and Progent can also provide on-premises expertise in major metropolitan areas throughout the U.S. (Refer to Progent's client testimonials.)
Hybrid Integration Services for Office 365 Exchange Online
A hybrid implementation of Office 365 Exchange Online and on-premises Exchange allows you to have a mix of local and cloud-hosted mailboxes and brings other key features such as:
- Secure mail transfer with a domain namespace and an Outlook Web address shared between local and Office 365 networks
- A shared global address list with complete recipient details
- A shared free/busy calendar
- Management of bi-directional mail travel across Office 365 organizations organizations
- Simple movement of mailboxes between on-premises Exchange infrastructure and Office 365 Exchange Online including Exchange ActiveSync profile redirection
- On-premises Exchange Administration Center for unified mailbox management
- Multi-mailbox search across local and Exchange Online mailboxes
- Exchange Online Archiving for local and Office 365 mailboxes
- Seamless incorporation with local and/or Azure-hosted deployments of Skype for Business and SharePoint
- Support for Microsoft Edge Transport server to filter out spam and enforce mail flow transport policies
- Single sign-on via Azure Active Directory Connect, password synchronization, or AD Federation Services
- AD Federation Services allows multi-factor authentication and meets Federal Information Processing Standards
Hybrid Active Directory Federation Services offers multi-factor authentication and meets Federal Information Processing Standards
Exchange Online supports several hybrid architectures. Judicious planning with Progent's network design experts can save significant effort and money, since re-architecting a poorly conceived deployment can be complex and disruptive. Creating an optimal hybrid Exchange Online solution can be challenging. The complexity depends on the makeup of your current email system and the features you hope to achieve. Basic steps include:
During the course of implementing a hybrid Office 365 Exchange Online deployment, important decisions have to be made about on-premises network architecture, mail flow, identity, synchronization, security, latency, backup and recovery, archive policies, administration, delegation, mailbox size restrictions, smartphone management, integration with additional on-premises and cloud-hosted applications, and other areas that impact the architecture and implementation of your hybrid Exchange Online deployment. Typically your local Exchange system will have to be brought up to date.
- Define your strategic requirements for your hybrid Office 365 Exchange Online solution
- Evaluate your existing network resources and update as needed
- Design and validate your new system infrastructure
- Design a deployment plan and select migration technologies
- Identify on-premises vs. cloud users
- Select required cloud services and acquire subscriptions
- Add and test the domain of the Office 365 portal
- Update DNS records
- Utilize IdFix to resolve on-premises Active Directory errors reported by Azure AD Connect and configure on-premises Active Directory and optionally AD FS
- Configure single sign-on and Directory Sync
- Assign licenses and create Accounts/mailboxes in Office 365
- Move mailboxes to PSTs and move them from PSTs to Office 365 mailboxes
- Register smartphones and tablets
- Move public folders
- Verify services
,li>Tune system performance
- Patch and verify firewalls and proxy servers
- Educate network management staff and users
Microsoft has developed an assortment of useful tools to assist you to simplify many of the tasks needed to build a hybrid environment for Exchange Online. These include the Office 365 Hybrid Configuration Wizard (HCW), Windows PowerShell, the Exchange admin center, the Office 365 Deployment Readiness tool, and the IdFix Directory Synchronization utility. In practice, many phases of setting up a hybrid Exchange Online solution are subject to technical missteps. Progent's Microsoft-certified experts have dealt at length with problems associated with designing and rolling out hybrid Exchange Online deployments and can help you follow best practices to avoid problems, solve them quickly, and shield your clients from service disruptions.
How Progent Can Assist You to Integrate Exchange Online with Your On-premises Network
Progent can assist you in every stage of migrating to Exchange Online and integrating your local Exchange implementation with Exchange Online. Progent can help you to define your operational goals, evaluate the readiness of your current infrastructure, plan the topology for a hybrid solution, devise a deployment plan, configure and test a pilot deployment, configure your hybrid system, automate administrative functions, tune performance, organize licenses, provide expertise for business continuity plans, validate regulatory compliance, and provide training for your IT staff and clients. Progent can provide affordable remote consulting services to assist you to resolve occasional problems, or Progent can provide end-to-end project management outsourcing services to ensure you finish your hybrid integration of Exchange Online on schedule and within budget.
In addition to Exchange Online, Microsoft offers other software packages that are part of the Office 365 product family. Included among these are Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business Online, SharePoint Online, and Microsoft Project Online. All of these applications can be deployed in cloud-based or hybrid implementations. Progent's Microsoft-certified Office 365 integration consultants can assist you to create hybrid networks that combine Office 365 products and on-premises infrastructure by providing services that include Windows Server consulting, Exchange integration, Microsoft Teams configuration support, Skype for Business maintenance and troubleshooting, SQL Server configuration and application development, SharePoint planning and integration, Office 365 configuration and training, Microsoft Project expertise, and Dynamics GP maintenance.
To assist you to manage your hybrid network, Progent offers System Center 2016 deployment help, System Center Data Protection Manager consulting, System Center Operations Manager (SCOM 2016) support, Configuration Manager consulting, Virtual Machine Manager hybrid cloud configuration expertise,
Typical samples of remote and onsite consulting support offered by Progent's experts to help businesses to combine Exchange Online with on-premises Exchange environments include:
Contact Progent for Hybrid Exchange Online Expertise
- Clean email before exporting them into Office 365 Exchange Online
- Configure authentication with Office 365 and local Domain Users
- Configure Exchange Online and assign licenses
- Reconstruct profiles of Windows users
- Move Gmail accounts
- Carry out manual mailbox exports as required
- Add accounts to Apple iOS and Google Android devices
- Plan and configure Office 365 Exchange Online archival storage
- Install local or hybrid spam filter appliances from third-party vendors
- Correct Exchange Online sync issues with AD Users and AD Global Security Groups
- Troubleshoot Outlook autodiscover issues
- Fix problems related to MX and SPF records
- Define, configure, test, and troubleshoot mail flow
- Resolve Active Directory Federation Services and AD Connect identity management issues
- Deploy PowerShell scripts for administration, repair, and migration
- Work together with Microsoft staff to isolate and repair issues at Microsoft's end (e.g., a misconfigured Connector)
- Debug message encryption problems
- Update on-premises Exchange Servers to current versions of Exchange and upgrade equipment
- Educate HR on steps to disable email accounts for departed employees
If you are looking for help with any facet of interfacing your local Exchange system with Office 365, call Progent at 800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.
Other Public Cloud Integration Solutions from Progent
The choices offered for public cloud services are expanding continually, making it hard for IT managers to select the best cloud strategy for their business. Progent has worked extensively helping businesses ranging from startups to large enterprises to plan, deploy, and manage hybrid environments that combine multiple cloud products and services from major public cloud providers. Progent's cloud integration consultants can help you to understand the relative advantages and shortcomings of different public cloud options and can show you how to build a cloud-centric or hybrid ecosystem that delivers maximum business value.
Public cloud products and services supported by Progent include:
Progent's Microsoft Azure cloud integration consultants can help you with every stage of Microsoft Azure integration such as requirements analysis, prerequisites assessment, system architecture, pilot testing, implementation, automated management, performance optimization, license management, disaster recovery preparedness, security planning, and regulatory compliance assessment. Progent can assist you to set up and troubleshoot firewall appliances and VPN connections so that your users can securely access to Azure-based services, and Progent's Microsoft-certified consultants can help you set up critical Microsoft technologies to run in the cloud including Microsoft Windows Server, Exchange, SQL and SharePoint. Progent can also help your organization to create a hybrid environment that transparently combines physical datacenters with Azure-based services.
Progent's Microsoft Office and Office 365 experts can assist businesses of any size to incorporate Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 apps including Excel, Office Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, Access, Visio and Publisher into a seamless solution that offers quick ROI and enables improved business outcomes. Progent can assist your company to interface Microsoft Office or Office 365 applications with each other and with additional core Microsoft technologies such as SharePoint Server, Exchange Server and SQL Server running locally or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can also help you to fix compatibility problems with various versions of Microsoft Office desktop and can provide customized online Office and Office 365 training to individuals or groups.
Progent's Amazon AWS planning and integration experts offer affordable remote support to help businesses to integrate Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud services including Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) for virtual server hosting, Amazon S3 for scalable low-latency storage, and Glacier for low-cost archival storage. Progent can help you with every phase of Amazon AWS integration including needs analysis, preparedness evaluation, architectural design and review, testing, deployment, administration, performance optimization, licensing management, disaster recovery mechanisms, and security strategies. Progent can provide advanced expertise with firewall configuration and VPN technology and can help you deploy cloud-based or hybrid networking models that efficiently incorporate Amazon AWS resources. Progent can provide occasional support or Progent can deliver project management outsourcing or co-sourcing services to help you move efficiently to the Amazon AWS platform.
Amazon Marketplace Web Service is a collection of APIs that enables Amazon sellers to streamline their operations by automating crucial sales functions including listings, orders, payments, fulfillment, and finances. By tapping into Amazon's extensive online ecosystem and automating their sales processes, vendors can expand their reach, reduce their cost of sales, accelerate reaction time to customers, and increase their bottom line. Progent's Amazon Marketplace Web Service (Amazon MWS) consultants can work with your development staff and provide application programming, workflow integration, project management support, and mentoring so you can shorten development time and costs and expedite your ROI.
Progent's Google Cloud Platform planning and integration consultants can provide affordable remote and onsite consulting to assist businesses to move any portion of their critical network infrastructure to Google Cloud Platform services. This can save time and hardware expense and enable access to Google's state-of-the-art AI and machine learning tools. Progent can help your IT team with every phase of Google Cloud Platform integration including requirements analysis, preparedness assessment, architectural design, testing, deployment, administration, performance tuning, software license management, disaster recovery solutions, and security and compliance.