Exchange Online is one of Microsoft's cloud-based applications in the Office 365 family of products enabled by Azure. Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower investment in physical infrastructure, easier administration, on-demand capacity, data protection, plus other advantages associated with public clouds instead of local datacenters. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to work seamlessly with on-premises implementations of Exchange, enabling you to build hybrid environments. Hybrid networks combine on-premises servers and storage with cloud-based products and services to produce a cohesive IT solution.
Typical reasons for combining on-premise Exchange deployments with Office 365 Exchange Online are compliance with government or industry mandates or internal policies that prevent specific types of mailboxes from being hosted off site, performance issues related to virtualization or cloud connectivity, the desire for more administrative flexibility, the ability to accommodate various non-standard or outdated environments, corporate culture, or disaster recovery strategies. In addition, hybrid systems are typically implemented for moving non-disruptively from a local to an Exchange Online cloud-centric model.
Whether you need a transitional hybrid Office 365 Exchange Online implementation on the way to a full move to the cloud or you want to build a robust hybrid environment, Progent's Microsoft-certified experts can assist you with any facet of planning, integrating, administering, and troubleshooting your hybrid system. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide as-needed assistance to help resolve stubborn technical bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your hybrid Office 365 Exchange Online initiative is performed on schedule and within.
Office 365 Exchange Online hybrid deployments span on-premises and Azure cloud resources
Progent's Exchange specialists have extensive experience teaming with Microsoft's Office 365 support personnel to fix complicated technical problems and Progent can provide on-going expertise to assist your business to manage and tune your hybrid Exchange Online solution as your needs change over time. Progent is a Microsoft Partner with 20 years of experience providing companies of all sizes high-level consulting services online, and Progent also offers on-premises expertise in metro areas throughout the U.S. (Refer to Progent's customer testimonials.)
Hybrid Solutions for Office 365 Exchange Online
A hybrid deployment of Exchange Online and onsite Exchange supports a mix of local and cloud-hosted mailboxes and brings other key capabilities such as:
- Protected mail routing with a domain namespace and an Outlook Web address shared between on-premises and Office 365 networks
- A shared global address list (GAL) with full recipient details
- A shared free/busy calendar
- Control of inbound and outbound mail flow across Office 365 cloud networks organizations
- Easy transfer of mailboxes between on-premises Exchange infrastructure and Office 365 Exchange Online including Exchange ActiveSync profile redirection
- Local Exchange Administration Center (EAC) for centralized mailbox administration
- Multi-mailbox search on local and Exchange Online mailboxes
- Office 365 Archiving for local and Office 365 mailboxes
- Transparent incorporation with on-premises and cloud-based deployments of Skype for Business and SharePoint
- Support for Microsoft Edge Transport server to filter out junk mail and enforce mail flow transport policies
- Single sign-on (SSO) via Azure AD Connect, password sync, or AD FS
- Active Directory Federation Services integration allows multi-factor authentication and complies with Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS)
Hybrid AD FS provides multi-factor authentication and complies with Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS)
Exchange Online supports a variety of hybrid models. Careful planning with Progent's solution design experts can save you significant time and expense, since re-architecting an inappropriate implementation can be complex and disruptive. Creating an efficient hybrid Exchange Online ecosystem can be challenging. The degree of difficulty depends on the design of your current email environment and the features you hope to achieve. Major tasks include:
Within the process of configuring a hybrid Office 365 Exchange Online deployment, critical choices must made concerning on-premises network architecture, mail flow, identity, synchronization, compliance, latency, backup and recovery, mailbox retention rules, administration, delegation, mailbox size restrictions, mobile device registration, integration with additional on-premises and cloud applications, and other areas that affect the design and configuration of your hybrid Office 365 Exchange Online solution. Typically your on-premises Exchange environment will need to be updated.
- Define your essential goals for your hybrid Exchange Online deployment
- Evaluate your current infrastructure and modernize as necessary
- Plan and validate your new network infrastructure
- Design an implementation plan and identify migration tools
- Identify on-premises vs. cloud users
- Select required cloud services and acquire subscriptions
- Add and test the domain of the cloud portal
- Change/Add DNS records
- Utilize IdFix to resolve local AD issues identified by Azure AD Connect and configure on-premises Active Directory and optionally AD FS
- Configure single sign-on (SSO) and Directory Sync
- Assign licenses and create Accounts/mailboxes in Office 365
- Export mailboxes to PSTs and move them from PSTs to Exchange Online mailboxes
- Register smartphones and tablets
- Migrate public folders
- Activate and Test services
,li>Tune system performance
- Patch and verify firewalls and proxy servers
- Train network management staff and users
Microsoft offers an assortment of useful tools to help you to streamline most of the tasks needed to build a hybrid environment for Office 365. These utilities include the Hybrid Configuration Wizard (HCW), PowerShell, the Exchange admin center, the Office 365 Deployment Readiness tool, and the IdFix Directory Synchronization utility. In practice, many parts of configuring a hybrid Office 365 solution are prone to technical hiccups. Progent's Microsoft-certified consultants have worked at length with problems related to designing and rolling out hybrid Exchange Online deployments and can help you follow leading practices to anticipate common issues, solve them quickly, and shield your users from service disruptions.
How Progent Can Assist You to Integrate Exchange Online with Your Local Network
Progent can assist you in every aspect of moving to Exchange Online and combining your local Exchange implementation with cloud-hosted Exchange. Progent can assist you to define your strategic goals, evaluate the suitability of your current network infrastructure, design the architecture for a hybrid environment, devise an implementation process, configure and test a pilot deployment, install your hybrid system, centralize administrative tasks, optimize performance, organize licenses, provide expertise for business continuity plans, validate security compliance, and provide training for your network management staff and users. Progent can provide affordable remote consulting services to help you to resolve stubborn problems, or Progent can provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure you complete your hybrid deployment of Office 365 on time and on budget.
Besides Office 365 Exchange Online, Microsoft offers other applications that are part of the Office 365 product line. Included among these are Skype for Business Online, SharePoint Online, and Project Online. All of these packages can be deployed in cloud-centric or hybrid implementations. Progent's Microsoft-certified O365 integration consultants can assist you to create hybrid networks that incorporate Office 365 packages and local infrastructure by providing services such as Windows Server consulting, Exchange expertise, Skype for Business system planning and debugging, SQL Server integration and software development, SharePoint design and development, Office 365 integration and training, Microsoft Project expertise, and Dynamics GP support.
To assist you to administer your hybrid deployment, Progent offers System Center 2016 management consulting, System Center Data Protection Manager (SCDPM) expertise, System Center Operations Manager (SCOM 2016) support, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) consulting, System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) hybrid cloud management expertise,
Typical examples of remote and on-premises consulting support provided by Progent to help organizations to integrate Office 365 with local Exchange deployments include:
Contact Progent for Hybrid Office 365 Exchange Online Solutions
- Clean folders before exporting them into Exchange Online
- Configure authentication with Office 365 and local Domain Users
- Configure Office 365 and assign licenses
- Reconstruct profiles of Windows clients
- Migrate Gmail accounts
- Carry out manual mailbox exports when necessary
- Add accounts to iOS and Google Android devices
- Specify and configure Exchange Online Archiving
- Configure on-premises or hybrid email filter appliances from other vendors
- Correct Exchange Online sync issues with Active Directory Users and AD Global Security Groups
- Resolve Outlook autodiscover problems
- Resolve issues with .PST and .OST files
- Specify, implement, verify, and rectify mail flow
- Resolve AD FS and AD Connect identity management issues
- Use PowerShell for management, repair, and email migration
- Work together with Microsoft support technicians to identify and resolve problems at Microsoft's end (e.g., a misconfigured Connector)
- Debug Office 365 Message Encryption issues
- Update on-premises Exchange Servers to current versions of Exchange and upgrade equipment
- Train Human Resources on procedure to delete email accounts for terminated employees
If you need assistance with any facet of integrating your local Exchange environment with Exchange Online, call Progent at 800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.
Additional Cloud Integration Services from Progent
The choices available for public cloud services are increasing rapidly, making it a serious challenge for information system managers to determine the best cloud solution for their organization. Progent has worked extensively assisting companies ranging from startups to large enterprises to design, implement, and manage hybrid networks that combine various cloud products and services from leading public cloud providers. Progent's cloud integration experts can help you to evaluate the relative benefits and shortcomings of competing public cloud offerings and can help you build a cloud-based or hybrid ecosystem that provides maximum business value.
Public cloud products and services supported by Progent's consultants include:
Progent's Microsoft Azure integration experts can help you with any phase of Microsoft Azure migration such as requirements definition, readiness assessment, system architecture, pre-production testing, implementation, automated management, performance optimization, license management, disaster recovery strategies, security planning, and regulatory compliance validation. Progent can help you to configure and troubleshoot firewalls and VPN tunnels so that your users can securely connect to Azure services, and Progent's Microsoft-certified consultants can assist you set up critical Microsoft technologies to run in Azure including Windows Server, Exchange Server, SQL Server and SharePoint. Progent can also help you to set up a hybrid ecosystem that transparently combines on-premises datacenters with Azure resources.
Progent's certified Microsoft Office and Office 365 experts can help businesses of any size to integrate Office desktop and Office 365 applications including Office Excel, Office Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, Access, Project and Publisher into a cohesive solution that offers quick return on investment and enables better business outcomes. Progent can assist your company to integrate Office or Office 365 apps with each other and with additional key Microsoft platforms including SharePoint Server, Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft SQL Server deployed locally or hosted in the cloud. Progent can also assist you to resolve compatibility issues with various versions of Microsoft Office and can provide customized online Microsoft Office and Office 365 training to individual users and teams.
Progent's Amazon Web Services (AWS) integration consultants can provide affordable remote support to help businesses of any size to access Amazon AWS cloud services such as Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) for virtual machine hosting, Amazon S3 for expandable high-performance storage, and Amazon Glacier for low-cost archival storage. Progent can assist you with every phase of Amazon AWS integration including requirements analysis, readiness evaluation, architectural design, pilot testing, deployment, administration, performance tuning, licensing management, disaster recovery mechanisms, and security and compliance. Progent can provide advanced expertise with firewall configuration and VPN connections and can show you how to deploy cloud-based or hybrid ecosystems that seamlessly integrate Amazon AWS resources. Progent offers occasional consulting or Progent can provide project management outsourcing to help you migrate efficiently to the Amazon AWS cloud platform.
Amazon Marketplace Web Service is an integrated library of APIs that enables Amazon sellers to streamline their operations by automating key sales activities such as listings, orders, shipments, inbound and outbound fulfillment, and reports. By tapping into Amazon's vast online selling environment and automating their sales, vendors can expand their market, reduce their operating costs, accelerate reaction time to customers, and add to their bottom line. Progent's Amazon Marketplace Web Service consultants can work with your development team and provide programming, workflow integration, project management support, and mentoring so you can cut development time and get to market quickly.
Progent's Google Cloud Platform planning and integration experts offer cost-effective online and onsite support to help organizations of any size to migrate any part of their core network infrastructure to Google Cloud Platform services. This can save time and equipment costs and allow the use of Google's cutting edge AI and machine learning tools. Progent can help your IT team with every aspect of Google Cloud Platform migration and troubleshooting including requirements analysis, readiness evaluation, system design, pilot testing, deployment, administration, performance tuning, software license management, disaster recovery solutions, and security.