Microsoft Exchange Online is one of several cloud-based applications in the Office 365 family enabled by Azure. Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced investment in hardware infrastructure, simplified administration, dynamic capacity, high-availability, plus other advantages inherent with public clouds instead of local IT facilities. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to work seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to build hybrid environments. Hybrid environments include on-premises servers and storage with cloud services to produce a cohesive IT solution.
Typical reasons for integrating local Exchange deployments with Office 365 Exchange Online are compliance with government or industry mandates or corporate restrictions that prevent certain mailboxes from being hosted off site, performance issues involving server virtualization or cloud connectivity, the need for more administrative control, the ability to accommodate various non-standard or outdated systems, corporate culture, or business continuity strategies. Also, hybrid deployments are typically implemented for moving safely from a local to an Exchange Online cloud-centric model.
Whether you want a transitional hybrid Office 365 Exchange Online implementation on the way to a full move to the cloud or you intend to create a long-term hybrid network model, Progent's Microsoft-certified experts are available assist you with every stage of planning, integrating, managing, and troubleshooting your hybrid system. Progent's Exchange experts can deliver occasional expertise to help you through stubborn technical issues and also can provide end-to-end project management outsourcing or co-sourcing to ensure your hybrid Exchange Online implementation is performed on time and within.
Exchange Online hybrid configurations integrate on-premises and cloud networks
Progent's Exchange Server specialists have valuable experience working with Microsoft's Office 365 technical support personnel to resolve complex integration issues and Progent offers as-needed expertise to assist your business to manage and enhance your hybrid Office 365 Exchange Online solution as your requirements change over time. Progent is a Microsoft Partner with 20 years of experience providing organizations of all sizes high-level consulting support remotely, and Progent also offers onsite support in major metropolitan regions throughout the U.S. (See Progent's customer testimonials.)
Hybrid Integration Services for Exchange Online
A hybrid implementation of Exchange Online and on-premises Exchange supports a combination local and cloud-hosted mailboxes and offers other important capabilities such as:
- Protected mail transfer with a domain namespace and an Outlook on the Web address shared between local and Office 365 organizations
- A shared global address list (GAL) with full recipient details
- A shared availability calendar
- Control of bi-directional mail travel across Office 365 cloud networks organizations
- Easy movement of mailboxes between on-premises Exchange and Exchange Online including Exchange ActiveSync profile redirection
- On-premises Exchange Administration Center (EAC) for centralized mailbox management
- Multi-mailbox search across on-premises and Exchange Online mailboxes
- Office 365 Exchange Online Archiving for local and Office 365 mailboxes
- Transparent incorporation with on-premises and cloud-based implementations of Skype for Business and SharePoint
- Support for Microsoft Edge Transport server to filter out junk mail and enforce mail flow transport rules
- Single sign-on via Azure AD Connect, password synchronization, or Active Directory FS
- Active Directory FS integration allows multi-factor authentication and complies with Federal Information Processing Standards
Hybrid Active Directory Federation Services provides multi-factor authentication and complies with FIPS
Office 365 supports a variety of hybrid models. Thorough analysis with Progent's solution design experts can save you significant effort and expense, since re-structuring a poorly conceived implementation can be difficult and distracting. Building an optimal hybrid Exchange Online ecosystem can be intimidating. The degree of difficulty depends on the makeup of your current email system and the functionality you intend to achieve. Basic steps are:
Within the course of configuring a hybrid Exchange Online deployment, important choices must made about on-premises system topology, mail flow, identity, synchronization, compliance, performance, disaster recovery, mailbox retention policies, administration, delegation, mailbox size restrictions, smartphone management, integration with additional onsite and cloud applications and services, and other issues that affect the architecture and configuration of your hybrid Exchange Online solution. Typically your local Exchange system will have to be modernized and tuned.
- Define your strategic goals for your hybrid Office 365 solution
- Assess your current network resources and update as necessary
- Design and validate your new system architecture
- Design an implementation plan and select migration technologies
- Identify on-premises vs. Office 365 users
- Select required cloud services and acquire subscriptions
- Add and test the domain of the Office 365 portal
- Update DNS records
- Utilize IdFix to clean up local AD and AD FS issues reported by Azure AD Connect and configure on-premises Active Directory and optionally AD FS
- Configure single sign-on (SSO) and Directory Sync
- Assign licenses and create Accounts/mailboxes in Office 365
- Export mailboxes to PSTs and move them from PSTs to Exchange Online mailboxes
- Register smartphones and tablets
- Move public folders
- Activate and Test services
- Update and verify firewalls and proxy servers
- Train network support staff and clients
Microsoft has developed an assortment of useful tools to assist you to automate most of the tasks needed to build a hybrid environment for Office 365 Exchange Online. These include the Office 365 Hybrid Configuration Wizard, PowerShell, the Exchange admin center (EAC), the Office 365 Deployment Readiness Toolkit, and the IdFix tool. In practice, many parts of configuring a hybrid Exchange Online deployment are subject to technical hiccups. Progent's Microsoft-certified experts have worked extensively with issues related to planning and rolling out hybrid Office 365 Exchange Online projects and can show you how to you follow leading practices to avoid problems, resolve them efficiently, and protect your users from downtime.
How Progent Can Assist You to Integrate Exchange Online with Your On-premises Environment
Progent's consultants can assist you in every aspect of moving to Office 365 Exchange Online and integrating your local Exchange system with cloud-hosted Exchange. Progent can assist you to prioritize your strategic objectives, assess the suitability of your current infrastructure, design the topology for a hybrid solution, create an implementation plan, set up and test a pilot deployment, install your hybrid system, automate management functions, tune performance, organize licenses, provide expertise for disaster recovery plans, assess regulatory compliance, and deliver training for your network management staff and users. Progent offers cost-effective remote consulting services to assist you to resolve occasional problems, or Progent can provide full=service project management outsourcing to help you complete your hybrid integration of Exchange Online on schedule and on budget.
In addition to Office 365, Microsoft offers other applications within the Office 365 product family. Included among these are Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business Online, SharePoint Online, and Microsoft Project Online. These packages can be deployed in cloud-based or hybrid implementations. Progent's Microsoft-certified O365 configuration experts can help you to create hybrid solutions that combine Office 365 packages and on-premises resources by providing advanced services such as Windows Server expertise, Exchange expertise, Microsoft Teams planning and deployment consulting, Skype for Business management and troubleshooting, SQL Server configuration and development, SharePoint design and development, Office 365 configuration and user training, Microsoft Project expertise, and Dynamics GP maintenance.
To assist you to administer your hybrid deployment, Progent can provide System Center 2016 consulting services, System Center Data Protection Manager expertise, SCOM consulting, Configuration Manager support, Virtual Machine Manager hybrid cloud configuration consulting,
Common examples of online and on-premises consulting support provided by Progent's experts to help businesses to integrate Office 365 with local Exchange environments include:
Contact Progent for Hybrid Office 365 Exchange Online Expertise
- Clean email before moving them into Exchange Online
- Configure authentication with Office 365 and local Domain Users
- Configure Exchange Online and allocate purchased licenses
- Reconstruct profiles of Windows clients
- Move Google Gmail accounts
- Carry out manual mailbox exports when required
- Register accounts to iOS and Google Android devices
- Plan and configure Exchange Online Archiving
- Install on-premises or hybrid spam filter gateways from other vendors
- Fix Exchange Online synchronization problems with AD Users and AD Global Security Groups
- Troubleshoot Outlook autodiscover problems
- Fix problems with .PST and .OST files
- Define, implement, test, and rectify mail flow
- Troubleshoot AD FS and AD Connect authentication issues
- Utilize PowerShell scripts for management, diagnostics, and migration
- Work together with Microsoft support technicians to isolate and repair problems at Microsoft's end (for example, a corrupted Connector)
- Debug Office 365 Message Encryption issues
- Update on-premises Exchange Servers to current versions of Exchange and upgrade equipment
- Educate HR on steps to delete accounts for departed employees
If you need expertise with any facet of integrating your on-premises Exchange environment with Exchange Online, call Progent at 800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.
Additional Cloud Integration Services from Progent
The choices offered for public cloud services are expanding continually, making it difficult for IT managers to determine the optimum cloud strategy for their organization. Progent has in-depth experience helping businesses ranging from startups to large enterprises to plan, deploy, and maintain hybrid networks that combine various cloud services from leading public clouds. Progent's cloud integration consultants can assist you to evaluate the comparative benefits and pitfalls of different public cloud offerings and can help you create a cloud-based or hybrid ecosystem that delivers maximum business value.
Public cloud products supported by Progent's consultants include:
Progent's Microsoft Azure cloud integration experts can help you with every aspect of Microsoft Azure integration including requirements definition, readiness evaluation, solution architecture, pilot testing, deployment, centralized administration, performance tuning, license controls, disaster recovery preparedness, security policy enforcement, and regulatory compliance validation. Progent can help you to set up and debug firewall appliances and VPN connections so your users can safely connect to Azure services, and Progent's Microsoft-certified consultants can assist you integrate critical Microsoft technologies to work in Azure including Windows Server, Exchange Server, SQL Server and Skype for Business. Progent can also help you to set up a hybrid environment that seamlessly integrates on-premises datacenters with Azure resources.
Progent's certified Microsoft Office and Office 365 consultants can assist businesses of any size to incorporate Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 applications including Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Access, Project and OneNote into a seamless solution that offers quick return on investment and enables better business outcomes. Progent can assist you to integrate Office or Office 365 apps with each other and with additional core Microsoft technologies including SharePoint Server, Exchange Server and Microsoft SQL Server deployed on-premises or hosted in the cloud. Progent can also assist you to fix compatibility problems with different versions of Office and offers live online Microsoft Office and Office 365 instruction to individuals and teams.
Progent's Amazon Web Services (AWS) planning and integration consultants can provide cost-effective remote consulting to assist businesses of any size to integrate Amazon AWS cloud services such as Amazon EC2 for virtual machine hosting, Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) for expandable high-performance storage, and Amazon Glacier for value-priced long-term archiving. Progent can assist your IT team with every aspect of Amazon AWS integration including needs analysis, readiness assessment, system design and review, pilot testing, configuration, centralized administration, performance tuning, software license management, disaster recovery mechanisms, and security strategies. Progent offers advanced expertise with firewalls and VPN access and can show you how to create all-cloud or hybrid environments that efficiently integrate Amazon AWS services. Progent can provide occasional expertise or Progent can provide project management outsourcing services to help you migrate efficiently to the Amazon AWS cloud platform.
Amazon Marketplace Web Service (Amazon MWS) is an integrated collection of APIs that enables Amazon sellers to streamline their business processes by automating key sales activities such as listings, orders, payments, fulfillment, and reports. By tapping into Amazon's vast online ecosystem and automating their sales processes, vendors can expand their reach, lower their cost of sales, accelerate reaction time to customers, and increase their bottom line. Progent's Amazon Marketplace Web Service consultants can work with your development team and provide programming, workflow integration, project management support, and training to help you cut development time and costs and expedite your ROI.
Progent's Google Cloud Platform (GCP) planning and integration experts can provide cost-effective remote and on-premises support to assist organizations to migrate any part of their core IT infrastructure to Google Cloud Platform services. This can save time and hardware expense and enable the use of Google's cutting edge AI and machine learning technology. Progent can assist your IT team with every aspect of Google Cloud Platform migration and troubleshooting including needs analysis, preparedness evaluation, architectural design and review, pilot testing, configuration, centralized administration, performance optimization, software license management, disaster recovery solutions, and security and compliance.