Exchange Online is one of several cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product line supported by Microsoft Azure. Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for physical infrastructure, easier administration, dynamic capacity, data protection, and other benefits associated with public clouds vs. on-premises IT facilities. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange Server, allowing you to build hybrid environments. Hybrid environments combine local servers and storage with cloud-based services to produce a cohesive IT solution.
Common motives for integrating on-premises Exchange installations with Exchange Online are compliance with regulatory mandates or corporate restrictions that prohibit specific types of mailboxes from being hosted off site, throughput requirements associated with server virtualization or cloud connectivity, the need for more management control, the ability to support certain non-standard or legacy systems, corporate culture, or recovery strategies. Also, hybrid deployments are typically implemented for migrating non-disruptively from an on-premises to a Microsoft 365 Exchange Online cloud-centric environment.
Whether you need a temporary hybrid Exchange Online implementation on the way to a full move to Azure or you intend to create a robust hybrid network model, Progent's Microsoft-certified consulting team are available assist you with every stage of designing, configuring, managing, and troubleshooting your hybrid system. Progent's Exchange experts can provide occasional expertise to guide you through challenging integration issues and also can provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your hybrid Microsoft 365 Exchange Online implementation is completed on schedule and on budget.
Exchange Online hybrid configurations span local and cloud networks
Progent's Exchange Server consultants have valuable experience teaming with the Microsoft 365 support personnel to fix complex integration issues and Progent offers as-needed support to assist you to maintain and enhance your hybrid Microsoft 365 Exchange Online solution as your requirements evolve. Progent has 20 years of background delivering companies of all sizes high-level consulting services remotely, and Progent can also provide on-premises support in metro regions throughout the U.S. (Refer to Progent's customer testimonials.)
Hybrid Integration Services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online
A hybrid deployment of Microsoft 365 Exchange Online and onsite Exchange supports a combination local and cloud mailboxes and brings other important features such as:
- Secure mail routing with a domain namespace and an Outlook on the Web address shared between on-premises and Microsoft 365 cloud networks
- A shared GAL with full recipient details
- A shared availability calendar
- Management of inbound and outbound mail flow across Microsoft 365 networks
- Easy transfer of mailboxes between local Exchange infrastructure and Microsoft 365 including automatic Exchange ActiveSync profile redirection
- On-premises Exchange Administration Center for centralized mailbox administration
- Multi-mailbox search across local and Exchange Online mailboxes
- Exchange Online Archiving for on-premises and Microsoft 365 mailboxes
- Transparent incorporation with local and Azure-based deployments of Skype for Business and SharePoint
- Support for Microsoft Edge Transport server to filter out junk mail and apply mail flow transport rules
- Single sign-on via Azure Active Directory Connect, password synchronization, or Active Directory Federation Services
- Active Directory FS allows multi-factor authentication and adheres to FIPS
Hybrid AD FS provides multi-factor authentication and complies with Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS)
Exchange Online supports a variety of hybrid models. Careful analysis with Progent's network design consultants can save considerable effort and money, since re-structuring a poorly conceived implementation can be difficult and distracting. Creating an optimal hybrid Exchange Online solution can be intimidating. The degree of difficulty depends on the design of your existing email environment and the functionality you want to achieve. Basic tasks include:
During the course of implementing a hybrid Microsoft 365 deployment, important decisions have to be made concerning on-premises network topology, mail flow, identity, synchronization, security, performance, disaster recovery, mailbox retention policies, management, delegation, mailbox size limits, mobile device support, integration with other on-premises and cloud-hosted apps, and other areas that affect the design and configuration of your hybrid Microsoft 365 Exchange Online solution. Usually your local Exchange system will have to be brought up to date.
- Decide on your strategic requirements for your hybrid Microsoft 365 deployment
- Evaluate your existing infrastructure and modernize as needed
- Plan and test your new network infrastructure
- Create an implementation process and select migration technologies
- Identify on-premises vs. cloud clients
- Select required Microsoft 365 services and acquire subscriptions
- Add and test the domain of the cloud portal
- Update DNS records
- Use IdFix to clean up on-premises Active Directory errors reported by AD Connect and configure on-premises Active Directory and optionally AD FS
- Set up SSO and Directory Sync
- Assign licenses and create Accounts/mailboxes in Microsoft 365
- Move mailboxes to PSTs and import them from PSTs to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online mailboxes
- Integrate smartphones and tablets
- Migrate public folders
- Activate and Test services
- Optimize system performance
- Patch and test firewalls and proxy servers
- Educate IT management team and clients
Microsoft has developed an assortment of tools to assist you to simplify many of the tasks needed to build a hybrid environment for Exchange Online. These utilities include the Microsoft 365 Hybrid Configuration Wizard (HCW), PowerShell, the Exchange admin center (EAC), the Microsoft 365 Deployment Readiness Toolkit, and the IdFix utility. Realistically, many phases of configuring a hybrid Exchange Online deployment are subject to technical hiccups. Progent's Microsoft-certified consultants have dealt extensively with problems related to designing and implementing hybrid Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployments and can show you how to you follow leading practices to anticipate common issues, overcome them quickly, and protect your users from downtime.
How Progent Can Help You to Integrate Exchange Online with Your On-premises Environment
Progent can assist you in every facet of migrating to Microsoft Microsoft 365 Exchange Online and integrating your local Exchange system with cloud-hosted Exchange. Progent can assist you to define your strategic goals, assess the readiness of your existing infrastructure, plan the topology for a hybrid solution, devise a deployment plan, set up and verify a pilot system, configure your hybrid network, centralize administrative tasks, optimize performance, organize licenses, provide expertise for disaster recovery plans, assess regulatory compliance, and provide training for your IT team and clients. Progent can provide cost-effective online consulting services to help you to resolve occasional problems, or Progent can provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to help you finish your hybrid deployment of Microsoft 365 on time and within budget.
In addition to Exchange Online, Microsoft offers other software packages that are part of the Microsoft 365 product line. These include Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business Online, SharePoint Online, and Project Online. These packages can be integrated with one another in cloud-centric or hybrid models. Progent's Microsoft-certified Microsoft 365 integration consultants can assist you to build hybrid solutions that incorporate Microsoft 365 packages and local resources by delivering services that include Windows Server consulting, Exchange expertise, Microsoft Teams configuration support, Skype for Business management and debugging, SQL Server integration and development, SharePoint design and development, Microsoft 365 configuration and training, Microsoft Project consulting, and Dynamics GP maintenance.
To help you to administer your hybrid deployment, Progent offers System Center 2016 deployment help, System Center Data Protection Manager (SCDPM) expertise, SCOM expertise, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) consulting, Virtual Machine Manager hybrid cloud management expertise,
Common samples of remote and onsite consulting services offered by Progent's experts to assist businesses to integrate Microsoft 365 with on-premises Exchange deployments include:
Contact Progent for Hybrid Exchange Online Expertise
- Tidy up email before moving them into Microsoft 365 Exchange Online
- Configure authentication with Microsoft 365 and local Domain Users
- Configure Microsoft 365 Exchange Online and assign licenses
- Reconstruct profiles of Windows users
- Migrate Google Gmail accounts
- Carry out manual mailbox exports as required
- Add email accounts to iOS and Google Android devices
- Specify and configure Microsoft 365 archival storage
- Install local or hybrid email filter appliances from third-party vendors
- Correct Microsoft 365 Exchange Online synchronization issues with AD Users and AD Global Security Groups
- Resolve Outlook autodiscover problems
- Resolve issues related to MX and SPF records
- Define, implement, verify, and rectify mail flow
- Troubleshoot Active Directory Federation Services and AD Connect authentication issues
- Use PowerShell for management, diagnostics, and email migration
- Work with Microsoft support technicians to identify and resolve problems at Microsoft's end (for example, a misconfigured Connector)
- Troubleshoot message encryption issues
- Update on-premises Exchange Servers to current versions of Exchange and upgrade equipment
- Train Human Resources on procedure to delete accounts for departed workers
If you need help with any aspect of integrating your local Exchange system with Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, call Progent at 800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.
Other Public Cloud Integration Solutions from Progent
The options available for public cloud services are increasing rapidly, making it a serious challenge for IT managers to determine the best cloud strategy for their business. Progent has in-depth experience assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, implement, and maintain hybrid environments that integrate various cloud services from major public cloud providers. Progent's cloud integration experts can help you to assess the comparative advantages and pitfalls of competing public cloud options and can help you create a cloud-based or hybrid ecosystem that delivers maximum business value.
Public cloud products supported by Progent include:
Progent's Azure integration experts can help you with every stage of Microsoft Azure migration including needs definition, prerequisites evaluation, solution architecture, pilot testing, deployment, automated management, performance tuning, software license controls, disaster recovery preparedness, security planning, and regulatory compliance validation. Progent can assist you to configure and debug firewalls and VPN tunnels so that your clients can securely connect to Azure resources, and Progent's Microsoft-certified consulting experts can help you set up critical Microsoft platforms to run in the cloud including Windows Server, Exchange Server, SQL Server and Skype for Business. Progent can also help your organization to create a hybrid ecosystem that transparently integrates on-premises datacenters with Azure-based resources.
Progent's Office and Microsoft 365 experts can help companies of any size to integrate Office desktop and Microsoft 365 apps including Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Access, Project and Publisher into a cohesive productivity solution that provides quick return on investment and enables better business outcomes. Progent can help you to integrate Microsoft Office or Microsoft 365 applications with one another and with additional core Microsoft platforms including SharePoint, Exchange Server and Microsoft SQL Server running locally or hosted in the cloud. Progent can also help you to resolve compatibility issues between various releases of Office desktop and offers live online Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 training to individual users or teams.
Progent's Amazon Web Services (AWS) integration experts can provide cost-effective online consulting to assist companies to integrate Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud services including Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) for virtual server hosting, Amazon S3 for scalable low-latency storage, and Glacier for low-cost archival storage. Progent can assist you with every aspect of Amazon AWS integration including requirements analysis, readiness assessment, architectural design, pilot testing, configuration, centralized administration, performance tuning, software license management, disaster recovery solutions, and security strategies. Progent offers advanced expertise with firewall configuration and VPN technology and can help you deploy cloud-centric or hybrid networking models that seamlessly integrate Amazon AWS resources. Progent offers as-needed expertise or Progent can provide project management outsourcing to help you migrate smoothly to the Amazon AWS cloud platform.
Amazon Marketplace Web Service is a collection of APIs that enables Amazon sellers to streamline their operations by automating crucial sales functions such as listings, orders, shipments, inbound and outbound fulfillment, and finances. By leveraging Amazon's extensive online ecosystem and automating their sales processes, merchants can broaden their reach, reduce their operating costs, accelerate reaction time to customers, and add to their profits. Progent's Amazon Marketplace Web Service developers can collaborate with your development staff and provide application programming, workflow integration, project management support, and training so you can shorten development time and costs and expedite your ROI.
Progent's Google Cloud Platform (GCP) planning and integration consultants offer affordable remote and on-premises consulting to assist organizations to migrate all or part of their core IT resources to Google Cloud Platform (GCP). This can save management hassle and equipment expense and enable access to Google's cutting edge AI and machine learning technology. Progent can help your IT team with every phase of Google Cloud Platform migration and troubleshooting including requirements analysis, preparedness assessment, system design, testing, deployment, administration, performance tuning, licensing management, disaster recovery solutions, and security and compliance.