Microsoft Exchange Online is one of several cloud-based applications included in the Office 365 product line supported by Azure. Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced investment in physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scale, data protection, and other benefits associated with public clouds instead of on-premises IT facilities. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, allowing you to create hybrid environments. Hybrid networks include on-premises servers and storage with cloud products and services to produce a cohesive network.
Common motives for integrating local Exchange deployments with Office 365 Exchange Online are adherence to government or industry standards or internal policies that prevent specific types of mailboxes from being located off premises, throughput requirements associated with virtualization or cloud connectivity, the desire for greater administrative control, the need to accommodate various non-standard or legacy environments, corporate culture, or business continuity plans. In addition, hybrid systems are often on the critical path for moving non-disruptively from an on-premises to an Exchange Online cloud-centric model.
If you need a temporary hybrid Exchange Online deployment to carry out a migration to the cloud or you want to build a long-term hybrid network model, Progent's Microsoft-certified experts are available assist you with any facet of planning, integrating, administering, and debugging your hybrid solution. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide as-needed assistance to help you through challenging integration issues and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing or co-sourcing to ensure your hybrid Exchange Online initiative is performed on time and on budget.
Exchange Online hybrid deployments span local and Azure cloud networks
Progent's Exchange Server specialists have extensive experience working with Microsoft's Office 365 support personnel to fix complex integration problems and Progent can provide on-going support services to assist you to manage and enhance your hybrid Exchange Online ecosystem as your needs evolve. Progent has 20 years of background delivering companies of all sizes advanced consulting services online, and Progent can also provide on-premises support in metro regions across the U.S. (Refer to Progent's client testimonials.)
Hybrid Solutions for Exchange Online
A hybrid deployment of Exchange Online and onsite Exchange supports a mix of local and cloud mailboxes and offers other key features such as:
- Protected mail transfer with a domain namespace and an Outlook on the Web address shared between local and Office 365 cloud networks
- A shared global address list (GAL) with complete recipient details
- A shared free/busy calendar
- Management of bi-directional mail flow across Office 365 organizations organizations
- Easy transfer of mailboxes between local Exchange infrastructure and Office 365 Exchange Online including Exchange ActiveSync profile redirection
- Local Exchange Administration Center for centralized mailbox administration
- Multi-mailbox search on local and Office 365 Exchange Online mailboxes
- Office 365 Archiving for on-premises and Office 365 mailboxes
- Seamless incorporation with on-premises and cloud-hosted deployments of Skype for Business and SharePoint server
- Support for Microsoft Edge Transport server to filter out junk mail and apply mail flow transport rules
- Single sign-on via Azure AD Connect, password sync, or AD FS
- AD FS integration allows multi-factor authentication and meets FIPS
Hybrid Active Directory FS offers multi-factor authentication and complies with Federal Information Processing Standards
Office 365 supports several hybrid models. Judicious analysis with Progent's solution design consultants can save you considerable time and money, since re-structuring an inappropriate implementation can be difficult and distracting. Building an efficient hybrid Exchange Online solution can be challenging. The complexity depends on the design of your current email system and the functionality you want to have. Major tasks include:
Within the course of implementing a hybrid Office 365 environment, important decisions must made concerning on-premises network architecture, mail flow, authentication, synchronization, compliance, performance, backup and recovery, archive rules, management, delegation, size restrictions, smartphone management, integration with additional onsite and cloud applications, and other areas that impact the architecture and configuration of your hybrid Office 365 solution. Typically your on-premises Exchange environment will have to be modernized and tuned.
- Define your essential goals for your hybrid Exchange Online solution
- Assess your current network resources and update as needed
- Design and validate your new system infrastructure
- Create a deployment plan and identify migration tools
- Identify on-premises vs. Office 365 users
- Choose appropriate cloud services and acquire licenses
- Add and verify the domain of the Office 365 portal
- Change/Add DNS records
- Use IdFix to resolve local Active Directory issues found by AD Connect and configure on-premises Active Directory and optionally AD FS
- Set up single sign-on (SSO) and Directory Sync
- Assign licenses and create Accounts/mailboxes in Office 365
- Export mailboxes to PSTs and move them from PSTs to Exchange Online mailboxes
- Integrate smartphones and tablets
- Migrate public folders
- Verify services
- Update and verify firewalls and proxy servers
- Train IT support staff and clients
Microsoft provides a variety of tools to help you to simplify many of the steps required to build a hybrid environment for Office 365. These include the Office 365 Hybrid Configuration Wizard, PowerShell, the Exchange admin center, the Office 365 Deployment Readiness tool, and the IdFix Directory Synchronization utility. Realistically, many parts of setting up a hybrid Office 365 Exchange Online solution are subject to technical hiccups. Progent's Microsoft-certified consultants have worked extensively with issues associated with designing and rolling out hybrid Office 365 Exchange Online deployments and can help you follow leading practices to anticipate common issues, resolve them efficiently, and protect your users from service disruptions.
How Progent Can Assist You to Integrate Exchange Online with Your On-premises Environment
Progent's consultants can assist you in every aspect of moving to Microsoft Office 365 and combining your on-premises Exchange implementation with Exchange Online. Progent can assist you to prioritize your strategic goals, assess the readiness of your current infrastructure, design the topology for a hybrid solution, devise an implementation process, set up and verify a pilot deployment, configure your hybrid system, centralize management tasks, optimize performance, manage licenses, provide expertise for disaster recovery plans, assess security compliance, and provide training for your IT staff and users. Progent offers cost-effective remote consulting services to assist you to deal with stubborn technical issues, or Progent can provide end-to-end project management outsourcing services to help you finish your hybrid deployment of Office 365 on schedule and within budget.
Besides Exchange Online, Microsoft offers other software packages within the Office 365 product family. These include Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business Online, SharePoint Online, and Microsoft Project Online. These applications can be deployed in cloud-centric or hybrid models. Progent's Microsoft-certified Office 365 integration consultants can help you to create hybrid solutions that combine Office 365 packages and local infrastructure by providing advanced services such as Windows Server consulting, Exchange integration, Microsoft Teams planning and deployment consulting, Skype for Business management and debugging, SQL Server configuration and software development, SharePoint planning and integration, Office 365 integration and training, Microsoft Project consulting, and Dynamics GP support.
To assist you to manage your hybrid network, Progent offers System Center 2016 management consulting, System Center Data Protection Manager (SCDPM) expertise, System Center Operations Manager (SCOM 2016) consulting, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) consulting, Virtual Machine Manager hybrid cloud management expertise,
Common samples of remote and on-premises consulting services offered by Progent to assist organizations to combine Office 365 with local Exchange deployments include:
Contact Progent for Hybrid Office 365 Solutions
- Clean folders before moving them into Exchange Online
- Configure authentication with Office 365 and local Domain Users
- Configure Office 365 and allocate licenses
- Reconstruct profiles of Windows clients
- Migrate Gmail accounts
- Perform manual mailbox migrations as required
- Add email accounts to Apple iOS and Google Android devices
- Specify and implement Office 365 archival storage
- Set up on-premises or hybrid email filter appliances from other vendors
- Correct Exchange Online synchronization problems with Active Directory Users and AD Global Security Groups
- Troubleshoot Outlook autodiscover issues
- Fix issues with .PST and .OST files
- Define, configure, test, and rectify mail flow
- Resolve Active Directory Federation Services and AD Connect authentication problems
- Use PowerShell scripts for management, diagnostics, and email migration
- Work with Microsoft staff to isolate and repair problems at Microsoft's end (e.g., a misconfigured Connector)
- Debug message encryption issues
- Update on-premises Exchange Servers to current versions of Exchange and upgrade equipment
- Train HR on steps to disable accounts for terminated workers
If you are looking for expertise with any aspect of integrating your on-premises Exchange environment with Office 365, call Progent at 800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.
Other Public Cloud Integration Services from Progent
The choices offered for public cloud products and services are expanding rapidly, making it difficult for information system managers to select the right cloud strategy for their business. Progent has in-depth experience assisting businesses ranging from startups to large enterprises to design, deploy, and maintain hybrid environments that integrate multiple cloud products and services from major public clouds. Progent's cloud integration consultants can help you to evaluate the comparative advantages and shortcomings of competing public cloud options and can help you build a cloud-centric or hybrid ecosystem that delivers maximum competitive value.
Public cloud products supported by Progent include:
Progent's Microsoft Azure planning and integration experts can help you with every aspect of Azure cloud migration including requirements definition, readiness assessment, system architecture, pre-production testing, implementation, centralized administration, performance tuning, software license controls, disaster recovery strategies, security planning, and regulatory compliance assessment. Progent can assist your IT staff to set up and debug firewalls and VPN connections so that your users can securely connect to Azure resources, and Progent's Microsoft-certified consulting experts can assist you integrate key Microsoft platforms to run in the cloud including Microsoft Windows Server, Exchange Server, SQL Server and SharePoint. Progent can also help your organization to create a hybrid ecosystem that seamlessly combines on-premises datacenters with Azure-based resources.
Progent's Office and Office 365 experts can assist companies to integrate Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 apps such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Visio and OneNote into a cohesive productivity solution that provides quick ROI and enables improved business results. Progent can help your company to interface Office or Office 365 applications with one another and with other key Microsoft platforms including SharePoint, Exchange Server and SQL Server deployed locally or in the cloud. Progent can also assist you to fix compatibility issues with different versions of Microsoft Office and can provide customized online Microsoft Office and Office 365 training to individual users and teams.
Progent's Amazon AWS cloud integration consultants offer cost-effective online consulting to assist businesses of any size to access Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud services including Amazon EC2 for virtual server hosting, Amazon S3 for scalable low-latency storage, and Glacier for low-cost archival storage. Progent can help you with every phase of Amazon AWS integration including requirements analysis, preparedness evaluation, system design and review, testing, configuration, centralized administration, performance tuning, software license management, backup/restore solutions, and security and compliance. Progent offers advanced expertise with firewall configuration and VPN technology and can show you how to deploy cloud-centric or hybrid environments that seamlessly incorporate Amazon AWS services. Progent can provide occasional expertise or Progent can provide comprehensive project management outsourcing or co-sourcing services to help you migrate smoothly to the Amazon AWS platform.
Amazon Marketplace Web Service (Amazon MWS) is an integrated collection of APIs that allows Amazon sellers to improve the efficiency of their business processes by automating key sales activities such as listings, orders, payments, fulfillment, and reports. By leveraging Amazon's vast online ecosystem and automating their sales processes, merchants can broaden their reach, lower their cost of sales, accelerate response time to customers, and add to their profits. Progent's Amazon Marketplace Web Service (Amazon MWS) consultants can work with your development staff and provide programming, workflow integration, project management support, and mentoring so you can cut development time and expedite your ROI.
Progent's Google Cloud Platform planning and integration experts offer cost-effective remote and onsite consulting to help organizations of any size to move all or part of their critical IT infrastructure to Google Cloud Platform services. This can save time and hardware costs and allow access to Google's cutting edge machine learning technology. Progent can help you with every aspect of Google Cloud Platform migration and troubleshooting including needs analysis, preparedness assessment, architectural design and review, pilot testing, deployment, centralized administration, performance optimization, licensing management, backup/restore solutions, and security.