Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a major impact on network architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Ontario organization to pick the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you past challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Ontario, California organizations to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-at-home environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk services, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent can help you to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that supports presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to support your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include voice/video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Office 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to tune your network infrastructure to host them.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Ontario, California organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.