Expanding your at-home workforce can have a significant effect on network infrastructure, security, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Palo Alto organization to pick the right tools and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns top business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you over challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Palo Alto, California companies to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning telecommuting environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Help Desk services, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors support online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many organizations use multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent can assist your organization to manage your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to support your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities such as IP voice and video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to optimize your WAN architecture to host them.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Palo Alto, California organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.