Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a significant effect on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of experience helping businesses of all sizes to design, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Palo Alto company to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns top value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you past challenging technical roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Palo Alto, California businesses to with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many companies utilize a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent can help your organization to maintain your current conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home employees. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's support services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with features such as voice/video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist your business to tune your network architecture to run them.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Palo Alto, California organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.