Expanding your at-home workforce can have a major effect on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of background helping small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Pasadena company to pick the right tools and follow best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand guidance for helping you past challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Pasadena, California organizations to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, data security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the network infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be especially complex if you have to manage a combination of worker-owned equipment like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote help for both outdated as well as current technologies in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home employees to access IT resources situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a telecommuter to view and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This provides network managers significant control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures them a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote support for deploying routers from all major vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting families and guests, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration help.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Line-of-business processes may demand redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for picking Internet service providers, selecting appropriate service offerings, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Pasadena, California company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.