Expanding your remote workforce may have a significant impact on network architecture, security, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of background helping SMBs to design, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Petaluma company to select the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide services that go from on demand guidance for helping you over occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Petaluma, California businesses to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-from-home environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Call Desk outsourcing, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure needed to support an at-home work environment can be especially complicated if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online support for both legacy as well as modern technologies in remote office venues enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help you to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to create a safe tunnel for authenticated remote employees to access IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a teleworker to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This provides network managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote consulting for integrating home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by an entire household and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup help.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Business-critical processes may require redundant Internet access in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting ISPs, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up high-availability Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Petaluma, California company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.