Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of background helping SMBs to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Petaluma organization to pick the right tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you over challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Petaluma, California companies to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning telecommuting environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be particularly complicated if you have to manage a mix of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online help for both legacy as well as modern technologies in remote office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist your company to create a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to establish a safe connection for authenticated at-home employees to access IT resources located at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can help you to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a teleworker to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers more control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online support for setting up home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by families and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create performance as well as security issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by delivering services that include Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Vital processes might require backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting service providers, picking appropriate service offerings, and setting up high-availability Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Petaluma, California business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.