Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a significant impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has two decades of experience helping businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Philadelphia company to select the right technologies and follow best practices in building and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you over occasional technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Philadelphia, Pennsylvania businesses to with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home environment by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Call Desk services, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home work environment can be particularly complex if you must accommodate a mix of personal hardware such as PCs and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online help for both outdated as well as current IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to create a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN technology allows you to establish a secure connection for authorized remote workers to use IT assets located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices such as Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable an at-home worker to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for integrating routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by an entire household and guests, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance as well as security issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Business-critical applications may require backup Internet access in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for identifying ISPs, picking sensible service bundles, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your Philadelphia, Pennsylvania business, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.