Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a major effect on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Pittsburgh organization to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you past challenging IT roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania businesses to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Call Desk augmentation, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home work environment can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing remote support for both legacy as well as current IT products in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN technology allows you to create a secure tunnel for authorized remote workers to access IT assets situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of devices such as Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a teleworker to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives IT managers more control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures them a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for integrating home routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting the whole family and visitors, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause performance as well as security issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by providing expertise that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Mission-critical processes may demand redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for selecting ISPs, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Integration for Telecommuters
Expanding the business PBX system to include remote users is vital to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are used by SMBs to support telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to plan or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that delivers the flexibility, convenience and security required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers enterprise IP telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional mixed media services like messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, visit CUCM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help your company to maintain your current CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice products, refer to CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with clients working beyond the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand configuration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies support virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize a mix of products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can assist your organization to manage your current voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex as well as for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include voice/video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
help your business to optimize your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user experience for exchanging information across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can assist businesses to deploy these flagship collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-based delivery of data, business processes, and tools for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build secure web portals that permits remote workers to view and update consolidated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, refer to SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, visit integration consulting for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues can share them safely through a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to co-author files. Edits created offline are synced when you go back online. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent offers advanced online support for enabling businesses to build, manage and optimize integrated hybrid network architectures that combine internal data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers fix issues with public cloud access, identity, and security.
Azure is a leading family of public cloud services that allows you to use infrastructure, servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over one hundred cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create protected connections to Azure for at-home workers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity applications and cloud-based services available by subscription. Office applications and cloud services are marketed in a selection of plans intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to major corporations. Progent offers quick and easy online access to experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist your business to evaluate the numerous subscription plans offered with Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft 365 integration services.
Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing you to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide occasional help to get you through challenging technical bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management services to make sure your telecommuters have convenient and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's support services for Office 365 Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the world's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide fast and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can help your business to design, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to create a high-availability network architecture to make sure your employees have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular collection of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your key apps cloud friendly so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist you to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist you to utilize GCP's management technology to control and monitor your Google Cloud environment. To find out, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration expertise.
Help Desk Services for Teleworkers
A rapid, enterprise-wide transition to a telecommuter workforce, which might be activated by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Support Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Call Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services utilize Progent's nationwide network of remote IT support experts along with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up software to offer an economical, modern Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests to ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to monitor or revise their active tickets, enter information, and upload screenshots or attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent makes available optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with complex issues. For details, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service allows you to supplement your current Help Desk Call Center staff by splitting delivery of Support Desk services transparently between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's extensive pool of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service is based on a collaborative support solution utilizing the leading PSA platform for handling help requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can enable your company to deliver best-in-class IT support to your telecommuters, visit Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
Remote workers commonly use their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured area. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires judicious deployment of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that follow best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity professionals can help your company to plan, deploy and manage a modern cybersecurity solution that protects sensitive information in IT networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network that can be safely utilized by on-premises users as well as by teleworkers, mobile employees, vendors, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage appropriate permissions to various groups of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as network attacks grow more sophisticated. Progent works with both current and older security appliances from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support expertise, visit firewall integration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various computers utilized by telecommuters and either block or identify and mitigate the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is installed on each protected endpoint, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to identify zero-day threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the impacted device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoints remain protected even if they are not connected to the Internet. For details about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all classes of outside and local security attacks for a network that incorporates remote workers. Progent can run online, automated security analysis scanning for rapidly and economically detecting a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be managed by security professionals with top credentials such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your processes and policies and review your network architecture to allow you to implement the highest level of security for your telecommuters.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical data so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in the event of storage system problems resulting from hardware issues, programming hiccups, user mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to design and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for an at-home workforce must address multiple types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick remote help from consultants knowledgeable about a wide array of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data spread across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly anticipate scenarios that call for a temporary changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity consultants can help you to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized platform for safeguarding corporate data by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote computers and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and validate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for permission to access information and networks, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how teleworkers share information, set up threat defense, ensure security compliance, and delete corporate information from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune runs with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To learn about Intune and how Progent can help you to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your at-home workers, see Intune mobile device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network managers to keep offsite endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment via a perpetual license. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For information about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.