Expanding your remote workforce can have a significant impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of experience helping businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Portland organization to pick the right tools and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you past challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Portland, Oregon businesses to with any aspect of building a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk services, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned equipment such as PCs and laptops, routers, and wireless APs from various vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online help for both legacy and modern technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement essential updates. Support services available from Progent to assist you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to create a secure connection for authenticated at-home workers to use IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a telecommuter to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers more control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote support for integrating routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by the whole family and guests, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and security issues. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by providing expertise like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Vital processes might demand redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for picking ISPs, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Portland, Oregon organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.