Expanding your remote workforce can have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Portland organization to select the right tools and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand guidance for helping you past occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Portland, Oregon businesses to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-from-home environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be particularly complex if you must accommodate a mix of personal equipment such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote support for both outdated as well as modern technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist you to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to establish a safe connection for authorized at-home employees to use IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide selection of devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a telecommuter to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This gives network managers more control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for configuring routers from a range of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by providing services like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP setup help.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Mission-critical applications may require redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for identifying service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Portland, Oregon company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.