Expanding your remote workforce may have a significant impact on network infrastructure, security, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Portland company to select the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in building and operating a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you past occasional IT roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Portland, Oregon businesses to with any aspect of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Help Desk augmentation, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the network infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be particularly complex if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online help for both legacy and modern IT products in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for implement essential updates. Services available from Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to create a secure connection for authenticated at-home workers to access IT resources located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow an at-home worker to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote support for deploying home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by the whole family and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by delivering services that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Vital applications might require redundant Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for identifying ISPs, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and configuring high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Portland, Oregon business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.