Progent's ProSight WAN Watch is a remote monitoring and management (RMM) service that provides an affordable way for small and mid-sized companies to track and troubleshoot devices like routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers and other networked devices that make up the core of your IT infrastructure. ProSight WAN Watch can also monitor essential information about servers and endpoint computers, generate network topo maps that are automatically kept up to date, analyze network performance in real time, and send alerts when potential problems are uncovered. The ability to collect and organize IT infrastructure data automatically can save significant management time and effort while performing typical tasks like patching routers and firewalls, identifying applications associated with a switch, determining the cause of network traffic bottlenecks, or making modifications to your IT infrastructure.
Progent's IT services team can set up ProSight WAN Watch to monitor your network infrastructure on a 24x7 basis. If an issue is detected, Progent can reference an always up to date topology diagram and configuration database and quickly drill down to device details in order to fix problems immediately. Easy access to accurate mapping and configuration data can eliminate hours of service expense and reduce system downtime. ProSight WAN Watch is also tightly integrated with Progent's advanced ticketing system so that alerts are automatically synchronized to Progent's Technical Response Center (TRC) tickets. This helps ensure that all issues are addressed rapidly and tracked until resolution.
ProSight WAN Watch creates network maps in real time for performance management and troubleshooting
Key Features of ProSight WAN Watch
ProSight WAN Watch offers a broad range of tools that deliver enterprise-class RMM capability to organizations with small-company IT budgets. Key features address infrastructure topology, asset inventory, configuration management, monitoring and alerts, troubleshooting, and performance tracking.
A Clear View of IT Infrastructure
ProSight WAN Watch makes it easy to understand your network infrastructure by offering features like automatically updated topology diagrams, device configuration databases, network documentation, map searches with filtering, plus IP address and password management.
Infrastructure Health Monitoring
- Topo Map Automation is performed by collecting CDP and LLDP data and using forwarding tables to build a Layer 1 network diagram. Layer 2 and Layer 3 diagrams are modeled from ARP tables, IP assignments, VLAN associations, and inferential algorithms. Accurate network diagrams can be generated quickly, updates are incorporated automatically in real time, and topo maps can be shared or exported. ProSight WAN Watch can automatically identify over 7,000 different networked devices from more than 230 vendors. Devices that you can monitor with ProSight WAN Watch include switches, routers, firewalls, wireless controllers, load balancers, servers, desktops, wireless access points, smartphones, tablets, SAN storage, printers, power supplies, VoIP phones, and chassis.
- Inventory Automation gathers data about every network-attached device. Information collected includes make, model, working status, IP addresses, and network associations. From the ProSight WAN Watch dashboard map you can drill down on any monitored device to view a complete device profile and to see charts, graphs and KPIs.
ProSight WAN Watch automatically collects and organizes key information about every network device
- IP Address Management avoids the tedious and costly processes of manually updating your IP address inventory and discovering devices one item at a time. Instead, ProSight WAN Watch automatically displays all the IP addresses used in any given subnet and indicates the devices using them.
- Password Management eliminates the problems involved with looking for the correct passwords for network resources. With ProSight WAN Watch you only have to enter a device password once. The password is then encrypted, stored securely in a centralized place, and authenticated automatically when authorized users log in.
ProSight WAN Watch monitors the health of networked devices and services continually. If parameters for performance, availability or other critical areas fall below pre-defined thresholds, ProSight WAN Watch compiles pertinent information to help you understand and resolve the problem before network productivity is seriously impacted.
- Alerts are sent automatically to selected people when ProSight WAN Watch spots an issue like a device becoming unavailable, a spike in traffic, or a high number of packet errors. ProSight WAN Watch comes with dozens of preconfigured alerts that you can edit, and you can also create your own alerts.
- Checking the Health of Services is performed automatically and continually. ProSight WAN Watch can determine the availability and status of key network-wide services like HTTP, MySQL, and AD. Dozens of service monitors can be run as configured or edited to run according to your specific requirements, and you can build your own monitors to track custom services. You can view which services are running on a given device and which ports each service uses. When a service being monitored by ProSight WAN Watch goes offline, an alert is sent and a trouble ticket can be issued automatically so work can begin at once to track and resolve the problem.
- Device-specific Data in the ProSight WAN Watch dashboard displays data relevant to the type of device being monitored. For example, ink cartridge levels can be shown for a monitored printer, or remaining battery capacity can be displayed for an uninterruptible power supply. Device-specific data monitoring is available out of the box for a wide variety of computers and network devices such as VMs, Windows and Linux servers and clients, VMware hypervisors, printers, stackable switches, wireless LAN controllers and wireless access points, and many more.
- Performance Tracking provides insights into network health by generating charts depicting network traffic flow, bandwidth usage and availability, areas experiencing high packet loss, etc. Statistics are collected by the minute for each interface and combined over devices, subnets, and VLANs to give you a complete picture of network performance and health and to facilitate important management tasks like load balancing, traffic shaping and capacity planning.
- Current and Historic Performance Data are archived securely in the cloud for indefinite periods to help you determine trends in performance over whatever timeframes you specify, which can cover any period from hours to years. An intuitive calendar picker simplifies the selection of time intervals to assist with troubleshooting, analytics, forensics, capacity planning or management reporting.
ProSight WAN Watch lets you select any time interval for troubleshooting, trend analysis, capacity planning or reporting
One of the top benefits of WAN Watch is its ability to slash the time required to troubleshoot a network, saving service costs and minimizing expensive downtime.
A Secure Cloud-based RMM Solution
- Network Evidence is a dashboard feature that allows you to find out instantly where a device has been seen across the network. This eliminates the tedious manual process of logging into each device to look for an IP address.
- Pooled Debugging Data includes automatically-generated consolidation of ARP tables, FDB tables, and listed routes along with intelligent filters for turning raw data into actionable information. This eliminates the need to query individual devices using traditional command-line interfaces.
ProSight WAN Watch streamlines troubleshooting by consolidating and filtering debugging data
- Configuration Management and Analysis features in WAN Watch include automatic discovery of every device on a network, capture and documentation of all running configurations, and logging of all configuration changes over time. Old configurations can be restored immediately with a single click. Device bandwidth and utilization charts make it easy to correlate configuration changes to performance in order to troubleshoot devices and refine optimization strategies. In addition, WAN Watch performs continual configuration analysis based on best practices and flags potential issues.
ProSight WAN Watch uses cloud resources to help you monitor and manage your network. A local collecting agent gathers device and performance information using standard communications protocols including ICMP, MDNS, SMB, SNMP, SSH, Telnet, TFTP and UPnP. The collected data are periodically sent to WAN Watch cloud servers via an SSL-encrypted web socket using certificate authentication. All device credentials and configuration data shared with WAN Watch are stored in the cloud using AES-128 encryption. No traffic content, such as email messages, can be seen by the WAN Watch cloud servers, so your sensitive corporate information and private data stay secure. The network maps, device profiles and visual renderings of network information accessed through the WAN Watch dashboard are available to authorized users via a secure login to a web browser.
The servers used by WAN Watch reside in the Amazon cloud, which includes all the features of world-class datacenters such as electronic surveillance, multi-factor access control systems, 24x7 staffing by trained security guards, ISO 28001 and 9001 certifications, and regular SOC 1 audits. Compared to an on-premises architecture, the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model used by WAN Watch dramatically cuts setup and operational costs, eliminates maintenance overhead, provides access to unlimited storage and processing capacity, and delivers a high-level of fault tolerance and recoverability.
Download Progent's ProSight WAN Watch: Network Infrastructure Remote Monitoring and Management Datasheet
To download a single-page datasheet in PDF format describing Progent's ProSight WAN Watch infrastructure RMM services, click:
Progent's ProSight WAN Watch Infrastructure Monitoring and Management Services Datasheet. (PDF - 88 KB)
How Progent Can Help You with ProSight WAN Watch
Progent can help you set up ProSight WAN Watch and use the platform for efficiently managing and troubleshooting your network infrastructure. You can outsource all remote monitoring and management tasks to Progent or you can co-source RMM activities, using Progent to provide as-needed guidance and remediation services. Progent offers expertise for virtually all of the network appliances, servers, VMs, endpoints and services that can be monitored and managed by ProSight WAN Watch. For example, Progent has a large roster of Cisco CCIE-certified network infrastructure consultants who can provide online or onsite expertise for Cisco's entire line of network appliances and management tools.
With two decades of experience delivering remote IT management and support to companies throughout North America, and with a team of more than 100 network consultants and subject matter experts, Progent has the know-how to maximize the business value of your WAN Watch solution.
ProSight Network Audit Basic: Affordable Network Health Audit with Active Directory Cleanup Report
ProSight WAN Watch is the RMM engine behind the Basic version of Progent's ProSight Network Audit service. This affordable infrastructure health check provides an objective assessment about how well the current deployment of your core network assets conform to industry best practices and includes an Active Directory Cleanup report. The audit also comes with a subscription to the ProSight WAN Watch managed service. To learn about ProSight Network Audit Basic, visit ProSight Network Audit Basic.
Other ProSight Managed Services Available from Progent
In addition to ProSight WAN Watch, Progent's ProSight suite of network management services includes other affordably-priced managed service packages that address crucial aspects of your IT ecosystem such as security, disaster recovery, and email filtering. By partnering with leading technology innovators, Progent can offer small and mid-size organizations the benefits of the same advanced technology deployed by many of the world's largest enterprises.
Managed services available from Progent include:
Download Progent's 10 Benefits of Managed IT Services White Paper
- ProSight Active Security Monitoring: Endpoint Protection and Ransomware Defense
ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) is an endpoint protection service that utilizes SentinelOne's cutting edge behavior-based machine learning technology to guard physical and virtual endpoint devices against modern malware attacks such as ransomware and email phishing, which easily get by traditional signature-matching anti-virus products. ProSight Active Security Monitoring safeguards local and cloud resources and offers a unified platform to manage the entire malware attack lifecycle including protection, detection, mitigation, cleanup, and post-attack forensics. Key capabilities include one-click rollback using Windows VSS and real-time system-wide immunization against newly discovered attacks. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Find out more about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware recovery.
- ProSight Enhanced Security Protection: Endpoint Security and Exchange Filtering
ProSight Enhanced Security Protection services offer affordable in-depth protection for physical servers and VMs, workstations, smartphones, and Exchange email. ProSight ESP uses contextual security and advanced machine learning for continuously monitoring and responding to security assaults from all vectors. ProSight ESP provides firewall protection, penetration alerts, endpoint management, and web filtering via leading-edge tools packaged within one agent managed from a single console. Progent's security and virtualization consultants can assist your business to plan and implement a ProSight ESP deployment that addresses your organization's specific requirements and that helps you achieve and demonstrate compliance with legal and industry data protection regulations. Progent will assist you define and implement policies that ProSight ESP will enforce, and Progent will monitor your IT environment and respond to alerts that call for immediate attention. Progent can also assist you to install and verify a backup and disaster recovery solution like ProSight Data Protection Services so you can recover rapidly from a potentially disastrous cyber attack like ransomware. Read more about Progent's ProSight Enhanced Security Protection (ESP) unified physical and virtual endpoint protection and Exchange email filtering.
- ProSight Data Protection Services: Managed Backup and Disaster Recovery Services
Progent has partnered with advanced backup/restore technology providers to create ProSight Data Protection Services, a family of subscription-based management outsourcing plans that provide backup-as-a-service (BaaS). ProSight DPS services manage and track your data backup operations and enable transparent backup and rapid restoration of important files, apps, system images, and Hyper-V and VMware virtual machines. ProSight DPS lets your business recover from data loss resulting from equipment failures, natural disasters, fire, malware like ransomware, user error, ill-intentioned employees, or software bugs. Managed services in the ProSight Data Protection Services product line include ProSight DPS Altaro VM Backup, ProSight 365 Total Backup (formerly Altaro 365 Backup), ProSight ECHO Backup based on Barracuda dedicated hardware, and ProSight MSP360 Cloud and On-prem Backup. Your Progent consultant can help you to identify which of these fully managed backup services are most appropriate for your IT environment.
- ProSight Email Guard: Inbound and Outbound Spam Filtering and Data Leakage Protection
ProSight Email Guard is Progent's spam and virus filtering service that incorporates the technology of top information security companies to deliver web-based management and comprehensive security for all your email traffic. The hybrid structure of Progent's Email Guard managed service combines cloud-based filtering with a local gateway device to provide advanced protection against spam, viruses, Dos Attacks, Directory Harvest Attacks (DHAs), and other email-based malware. Email Guard's Cloud Protection Layer acts as a first line of defense and blocks the vast majority of unwanted email from reaching your security perimeter. This decreases your exposure to inbound threats and conserves network bandwidth and storage. Email Guard's onsite security gateway appliance adds a deeper level of inspection for incoming email. For outgoing email, the onsite security gateway provides AV and anti-spam protection, protection against data leaks, and email encryption. The local gateway can also help Microsoft Exchange Server to monitor and safeguard internal email traffic that stays inside your security perimeter. For more information, see ProSight Email Guard spam filtering and data leakage protection.
- ProSight LAN Watch: Server and Desktop Monitoring and Management
ProSight LAN Watch is Progent's server and desktop monitoring service that uses advanced remote monitoring and management techniques to keep your IT system running efficiently by checking the health of critical assets that drive your information system. When ProSight LAN Watch uncovers an issue, an alert is sent immediately to your specified IT staff and your Progent engineering consultant so that any potential problems can be resolved before they can disrupt your network. Find out more about ProSight LAN Watch server and desktop remote monitoring consulting.
- ProSight Virtual Hosting: Hosted VMs at Progent's World-class Data Center
With Progent's ProSight Virtual Hosting service, a small organization can have its critical servers and apps hosted in a protected Tier III data center on a high-performance virtual host configured and managed by Progent's IT support professionals. Under Progent's ProSight Virtual Hosting service model, the customer retains ownership of the data, the OS platforms, and the applications. Since the environment is virtualized, it can be moved easily to an alternate hardware solution without a lengthy and technically risky reinstallation process. With ProSight Virtual Hosting, your business is not tied a single hosting service. Learn more about ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
- ProSight IT Asset Management: Network Documentation Management
ProSight IT Asset Management service is a cloud-based IT documentation management service that allows you to create, update, retrieve and protect data related to your network infrastructure, processes, business apps, and services. You can quickly find passwords or serial numbers and be warned automatically about upcoming expirations of SSLs or warranties. By updating and managing your network documentation, you can eliminate up to 50% of time thrown away searching for vital information about your network. ProSight IT Asset Management features a common location for holding and collaborating on all documents required for managing your network infrastructure like recommended procedures and self-service instructions. ProSight IT Asset Management also supports a high level of automation for collecting and relating IT information. Whether you're making improvements, doing maintenance, or responding to a crisis, ProSight IT Asset Management delivers the information you require when you need it. Read more about Progent's ProSight IT Asset Management service.
- Active Protection Against Ransomware: Machine Learning-based Ransomware Detection and Remediation
Progent's Active Defense Against Ransomware is an endpoint protection (EPP) managed service that incorporates cutting edge behavior-based machine learning tools to defend endpoints and physical and virtual servers against new malware attacks like ransomware and file-less exploits, which easily evade traditional signature-matching AV products. Progent Active Security Monitoring services safeguard on-premises and cloud-based resources and provides a unified platform to manage the complete threat progression including filtering, infiltration detection, mitigation, cleanup, and forensics. Top features include single-click rollback with Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service and real-time system-wide immunization against new attacks. Read more about Progent's ransomware protection and cleanup services.
- Outsourced/Co-managed Help Center: Call Center Managed Services
Progent's Call Desk managed services allow your IT group to outsource Help Desk services to Progent or split responsibilities for support services seamlessly between your in-house network support resources and Progent's extensive roster of IT service engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's Co-managed Service Desk provides a smooth extension of your internal network support staff. End user access to the Help Desk, provision of support services, issue escalation, trouble ticket generation and tracking, efficiency measurement, and management of the service database are consistent regardless of whether issues are taken care of by your core IT support resources, by Progent's team, or by a combination. Learn more about Progent's outsourced/shared Service Center services.
- Progent's Patch Management: Software/Firmware Update Management Services
Progent's support services for software and firmware patch management offer organizations of all sizes a flexible and affordable solution for evaluating, testing, scheduling, applying, and documenting software and firmware updates to your ever-evolving IT system. In addition to maximizing the protection and functionality of your computer network, Progent's patch management services free up time for your IT staff to concentrate on more strategic projects and tasks that deliver the highest business value from your network. Learn more about Progent's software/firmware update management services.
- ProSight Duo Multi-Factor Authentication: Identity Validation, Endpoint Policy Enforcement, and Secure Single Sign-on
Progent's Duo authentication services utilize Cisco's Duo technology to protect against stolen passwords by using two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo enables one-tap identity confirmation on Apple iOS, Google Android, and other out-of-band devices. Using 2FA, when you log into a secured online account and give your password you are asked to verify who you are on a unit that only you possess and that is accessed using a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A wide range of devices can be used as this second means of ID validation including a smartphone or wearable, a hardware/software token, a landline telephone, etc. You may designate multiple verification devices. For details about ProSight Duo two-factor identity validation services, refer to Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for access security.
- ProSight Reporting: Real-time Reporting for Ticketing and Network Monitoring Platforms
ProSight Reporting is a growing family of in-depth reporting utilities designed to integrate with the leading ticketing and network monitoring programs including ConnectWise Manage, ConnectWise Automate, Customer Thermometer, Auvik, and SentinelOne. ProSight Reporting incorporates Microsoft Graph and features color coding to highlight and contextualize critical issues such as spotty support follow-through or machines with out-of-date AVs. By identifying ticketing or network health problems concisely and in near-real time, ProSight Reporting improves productivity, lowers management overhead, and saves money. For details, see ProSight Reporting for ticketing and network monitoring applications.
To view a white paper describing why managed services are rapidly takingthe place of the traditional break/fix model of network support outsourcing for small and mid-size companies, click:
10 Benefits of Managed IT Services. (PDF - 710 KB)
ProSight Network Audits
Progent's ProSight Network Audits are a fast and affordable alternative for small and mid-size organizations to get an objective evaluation of the health of their IT system. Powered by a selection of the leading remote monitoring and management platforms available, and supervised by Progent's world-class team of information technology experts, ProSight Network Audits help you see how well the deployment of your essential infrastructure devices conform to industry best practices. Both the Basic and Advanced versions of ProSight Network Audit services are available at a low, one-time cost and provide instant benefits such as a cleaner Active Directory (AD) system. Both versions also include a year of state-of-the-art remote network monitoring and management (RMM). Benefits can include simpler management, improved compliance with government and industry security requirements, higher utilization of network resources, quicker problem resolution, more dependable backup and recovery, and less downtime. See more information about Progent's ProSight Network Audits IT infrastructure review.
Progent's ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report Service
Progent's ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report is a low-cost service centered on a phone interview with a Progent information assurance consultant. The fact-finding interview is designed to help evaluate your company's preparedness either to counter ransomware or recover quickly after an attack by a ransomware variant such as Ryuk, Maze, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, DopplePaymer, LockBit or Nephilim. Progent will work with you directly to collect information about your current cybersecurity posture and backup system, and Progent will then deliver a custom Basic Security and Best Practices Report describing how you can follow industry best practices to create an efficient security and backup system that reduces your vulnerability to a ransomware attack and meets your business needs. For more information, visit Progent's ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report.
Additional Value-priced Service Packages Available from Progent
Specially priced service bundles available from Progent to help you achieve and prove compliance with regulatory and industry security standards include security vulnerability assessment and stealth penetration testing. Progent also offers expert disaster recovery planning consulting and business continuity planning consulting to help ensure you can return to operations quickly in case of a catastrophic failure due to a natural disaster, fire, cyber attack, human error, equipment breakdown, or any other foreseeable disruptive event.
Contact Progent to Find Out More about ProSight WAN Watch Network Infrastructure RMM Services
For detailed pricing and to find out more about how ProSight WAN Watch services can save you management time and increase network availability and performance, call Progent at 800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.