Progent's ProSight WAN Watch is a remote monitoring and management (RMM) service that provides an affordable way for small and mid-sized companies to track and troubleshoot devices like routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers and other networked devices that make up the core of your IT infrastructure. ProSight WAN Watch can also monitor essential information about servers and endpoint computers, generate network topo maps that are automatically kept up to date, analyze network performance in real time, and send alerts when potential problems are uncovered. The ability to collect and organize IT infrastructure data automatically can save significant management time and effort while performing typical tasks like patching routers and firewalls, identifying applications associated with a switch, determining the cause of network traffic bottlenecks, or making modifications to your IT infrastructure.
Progent's IT services team can set up ProSight WAN Watch to monitor your network infrastructure on a 24x7 basis. If an issue is detected, Progent can reference an always up to date topology diagram and configuration database and quickly drill down to device details in order to fix problems immediately. Easy access to accurate mapping and configuration data can eliminate hours of service expense and reduce system downtime. ProSight WAN Watch is also tightly integrated with Progent's advanced ticketing system so that alerts are automatically synchronized to Progent's Technical Response Center (TRC) tickets. This helps ensure that all issues are addressed rapidly and tracked until resolution.
ProSight WAN Watch creates network maps in real time for performance management and troubleshooting
Key Features of ProSight WAN Watch
ProSight WAN Watch offers a broad range of tools that deliver enterprise-class RMM capability to organizations with small-company IT budgets. Key features address infrastructure topology, asset inventory, configuration management, monitoring and alerts, troubleshooting, and performance tracking.
A Clear View of IT Infrastructure
ProSight WAN Watch makes it easy to understand your network infrastructure by offering features like automatically updated topology diagrams, device configuration databases, network documentation, map searches with filtering, plus IP address and password management.
Infrastructure Health Monitoring
- Topo Map Automation is performed by collecting CDP and LLDP data and using forwarding tables to build a Layer 1 network diagram. Layer 2 and Layer 3 diagrams are modeled from ARP tables, IP assignments, VLAN associations, and inferential algorithms. Accurate network diagrams can be generated quickly, updates are incorporated automatically in real time, and topo maps can be shared or exported. ProSight WAN Watch can automatically identify over 7,000 different networked devices from more than 230 vendors. Devices that you can monitor with ProSight WAN Watch include switches, routers, firewalls, wireless controllers, load balancers, servers, desktops, wireless access points, smartphones, tablets, SAN storage, printers, power supplies, VoIP phones, and chassis.
- Inventory Automation gathers data about every network-attached device. Information collected includes make, model, working status, IP addresses, and network associations. From the ProSight WAN Watch dashboard map you can drill down on any monitored device to view a complete device profile and to see charts, graphs and KPIs.
ProSight WAN Watch automatically collects and organizes key information about every network device
- IP Address Management avoids the tedious and costly processes of manually updating your IP address inventory and discovering devices one item at a time. Instead, ProSight WAN Watch automatically displays all the IP addresses used in any given subnet and indicates the devices using them.
- Password Management eliminates the problems involved with looking for the correct passwords for network resources. With ProSight WAN Watch you only have to enter a device password once. The password is then encrypted, stored securely in a centralized place, and authenticated automatically when authorized users log in.
ProSight WAN Watch monitors the health of networked devices and services continually. If parameters for performance, availability or other critical areas fall below pre-defined thresholds, ProSight WAN Watch compiles pertinent information to help you understand and resolve the problem before network productivity is seriously impacted.
- Alerts are sent automatically to selected people when ProSight WAN Watch spots an issue like a device becoming unavailable, a spike in traffic, or a high number of packet errors. ProSight WAN Watch comes with dozens of preconfigured alerts that you can edit, and you can also create your own alerts.
- Checking the Health of Services is performed automatically and continually. ProSight WAN Watch can determine the availability and status of key network-wide services like HTTP, MySQL, and AD. Dozens of service monitors can be run as configured or edited to run according to your specific requirements, and you can build your own monitors to track custom services. You can view which services are running on a given device and which ports each service uses. When a service being monitored by ProSight WAN Watch goes offline, an alert is sent and a trouble ticket can be issued automatically so work can begin at once to track and resolve the problem.
- Device-specific Data in the ProSight WAN Watch dashboard displays data relevant to the type of device being monitored. For example, ink cartridge levels can be shown for a monitored printer, or remaining battery capacity can be displayed for an uninterruptible power supply. Device-specific data monitoring is available out of the box for a wide variety of computers and network devices such as VMs, Windows and Linux servers and clients, VMware hypervisors, printers, stackable switches, wireless LAN controllers and wireless access points, and many more.
- Performance Tracking provides insights into network health by generating charts depicting network traffic flow, bandwidth usage and availability, areas experiencing high packet loss, etc. Statistics are collected by the minute for each interface and combined over devices, subnets, and VLANs to give you a complete picture of network performance and health and to facilitate important management tasks like load balancing, traffic shaping and capacity planning.
- Current and Historic Performance Data are archived securely in the cloud for indefinite periods to help you determine trends in performance over whatever timeframes you specify, which can cover any period from hours to years. An intuitive calendar picker simplifies the selection of time intervals to assist with troubleshooting, analytics, forensics, capacity planning or management reporting.
ProSight WAN Watch lets you select any time interval for troubleshooting, trend analysis, capacity planning or reporting
One of the top benefits of WAN Watch is its ability to slash the time required to troubleshoot a network, saving service costs and minimizing expensive downtime.
A Secure Cloud-based RMM Solution
- Network Evidence is a dashboard feature that allows you to find out instantly where a device has been seen across the network. This eliminates the tedious manual process of logging into each device to look for an IP address.
- Pooled Debugging Data includes automatically-generated consolidation of ARP tables, FDB tables, and listed routes along with intelligent filters for turning raw data into actionable information. This eliminates the need to query individual devices using traditional command-line interfaces.
ProSight WAN Watch streamlines troubleshooting by consolidating and filtering debugging data
- Configuration Management and Analysis features in WAN Watch include automatic discovery of every device on a network, capture and documentation of all running configurations, and logging of all configuration changes over time. Old configurations can be restored immediately with a single click. Device bandwidth and utilization charts make it easy to correlate configuration changes to performance in order to troubleshoot devices and refine optimization strategies. In addition, WAN Watch performs continual configuration analysis based on best practices and flags potential issues.
ProSight WAN Watch uses cloud resources to help you monitor and manage your network. A local collecting agent gathers device and performance information using standard communications protocols including ICMP, MDNS, SMB, SNMP, SSH, Telnet, TFTP and UPnP. The collected data are periodically sent to WAN Watch cloud servers via an SSL-encrypted web socket using certificate authentication. All device credentials and configuration data shared with WAN Watch are stored in the cloud using AES-128 encryption. No traffic content, such as email messages, can be seen by the WAN Watch cloud servers, so your sensitive corporate information and private data stay secure. The network maps, device profiles and visual renderings of network information accessed through the WAN Watch dashboard are available to authorized users via a secure login to a web browser.
The servers used by WAN Watch reside in the Amazon cloud, which includes all the features of world-class datacenters such as electronic surveillance, multi-factor access control systems, 24x7 staffing by trained security guards, ISO 28001 and 9001 certifications, and regular SOC 1 audits. Compared to an on-premises architecture, the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model used by WAN Watch dramatically cuts setup and operational costs, eliminates maintenance overhead, provides access to unlimited storage and processing capacity, and delivers a high-level of fault tolerance and recoverability.
Download Progent's ProSight WAN Watch: Network Infrastructure Remote Monitoring and Management Datasheet
To download a single-page datasheet in PDF format describing Progent's ProSight WAN Watch infrastructure RMM services, click:
Progent's ProSight WAN Watch Infrastructure Monitoring and Management Services Datasheet. (PDF - 88 KB)
How Progent Can Help You with ProSight WAN Watch
Progent can help you set up ProSight WAN Watch and use the platform for efficiently managing and troubleshooting your network infrastructure. You can outsource all remote monitoring and management tasks to Progent or you can co-source RMM activities, using Progent to provide as-needed guidance and remediation services. Progent offers expertise for virtually all of the network appliances, servers, VMs, endpoints and services that can be monitored and managed by ProSight WAN Watch. For example, Progent has a large roster of Cisco CCIE-certified network infrastructure consultants who can provide online or onsite expertise for Cisco's entire line of network appliances and management tools.
With two decades of experience delivering remote IT management and support to companies throughout North America, and with a team of more than 100 network consultants and subject matter experts, Progent has the know-how to maximize the business value of your WAN Watch solution.
ProSight Network Audit Basic: Affordable Network Health Audit with Active Directory Cleanup Report
ProSight WAN Watch is the RMM engine behind the Basic version of Progent's ProSight Network Audit service. This affordable infrastructure health check provides an objective assessment about how well the current deployment of your core network assets conform to industry best practices and includes an Active Directory Cleanup report. The audit also comes with a subscription to the ProSight WAN Watch managed service. To learn about ProSight Network Audit Basic, visit ProSight Network Audit Basic.
Other ProSight Managed Services Available from Progent
In addition to ProSight WAN Watch, Progent's ProSight suite of network management services includes other affordably-priced managed service packages that address crucial aspects of your IT ecosystem such as security, disaster recovery, and email filtering. By partnering with leading technology innovators, Progent can offer small and mid-size organizations the benefits of the same advanced technology deployed by many of the world's largest enterprises.
Managed services available from Progent include:
Download Progent's 10 Benefits of Managed IT Services White Paper
- ProSight Active Security Monitoring: Endpoint Protection and Ransomware Defense
ProSight Active Security Monitoring is an endpoint protection solution that incorporates SentinelOne's next generation behavior-based analysis technology to guard physical and virtual endpoints against modern malware assaults such as ransomware and email phishing, which easily escape traditional signature-matching anti-virus products. ProSight ASM protects on-premises and cloud-based resources and provides a single platform to automate the entire malware attack lifecycle including filtering, identification, mitigation, cleanup, and forensics. Key capabilities include one-click rollback using Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) and real-time network-wide immunization against newly discovered threats. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Find out more about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware defense.
- ProSight Enhanced Security Protection: Endpoint Protection and Exchange Email Filtering
Progent's ProSight Enhanced Security Protection (ESP) managed services offer economical in-depth security for physical servers and virtual machines, workstations, mobile devices, and Microsoft Exchange. ProSight ESP uses adaptive security and advanced machine learning for round-the-clock monitoring and reacting to security threats from all vectors. ProSight ESP delivers firewall protection, intrusion alarms, endpoint management, and web filtering through leading-edge technologies packaged within a single agent managed from a single console. Progent's data protection and virtualization consultants can assist you to design and implement a ProSight ESP environment that meets your organization's specific needs and that allows you prove compliance with legal and industry information protection regulations. Progent will assist you define and implement policies that ProSight ESP will enforce, and Progent will monitor your IT environment and respond to alarms that require urgent attention. Progent can also help your company to install and verify a backup and disaster recovery solution such as ProSight Data Protection Services so you can recover quickly from a destructive cyber attack like ransomware. Read more about Progent's ProSight Enhanced Security Protection (ESP) unified endpoint protection and Exchange filtering.
- ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS): Backup and Disaster Recovery Services
Progent has worked with advanced backup/restore software providers to produce ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a portfolio of subscription-based management offerings that deliver backup-as-a-service. ProSight DPS products automate and monitor your backup operations and enable non-disruptive backup and rapid recovery of important files, applications, images, and Hyper-V and VMware virtual machines. ProSight DPS helps your business recover from data loss caused by hardware breakdown, natural calamities, fire, malware such as ransomware, human mistakes, ill-intentioned insiders, or application glitches. Managed backup services available in the ProSight DPS product line include ProSight Altaro VM Backup, ProSight 365 Total Backup (formerly Altaro 365 Backup), ProSight DPS ECHO Backup based on Barracuda dedicated storage, and ProSight DPS MSP360 Hybrid Backup. Your Progent expert can assist you to determine which of these fully managed services are most appropriate for your IT environment.
- ProSight Email Guard: Inbound and Outbound Spam Filtering and Data Leakage Protection
ProSight Email Guard is Progent's spam and virus filtering and email encryption service that uses the technology of leading information security vendors to provide web-based management and world-class protection for all your email traffic. The powerful structure of Progent's Email Guard combines a Cloud Protection Layer with a local security gateway appliance to offer advanced defense against spam, viruses, Denial of Service (DoS) Attacks, DHAs, and other email-borne threats. Email Guard's Cloud Protection Layer acts as a first line of defense and blocks the vast majority of threats from reaching your security perimeter. This decreases your vulnerability to inbound attacks and conserves system bandwidth and storage space. Email Guard's on-premises security gateway device provides a further layer of inspection for inbound email. For outgoing email, the local security gateway provides AV and anti-spam filtering, protection against data leaks, and email encryption. The on-premises security gateway can also assist Exchange Server to track and protect internal email that stays inside your security perimeter. For more information, see Email Guard spam and content filtering.
- ProSight LAN Watch: Server and Desktop Remote Monitoring
ProSight LAN Watch is Progent's server and desktop monitoring service that uses state-of-the-art remote monitoring and management (RMM) technology to help keep your network operating at peak levels by tracking the health of vital assets that drive your information system. When ProSight LAN Watch detects a problem, an alarm is sent immediately to your specified IT management staff and your assigned Progent consultant so all potential issues can be addressed before they can disrupt your network. Find out more about ProSight LAN Watch server and desktop monitoring services.
- ProSight Virtual Hosting: Hosted Virtual Machines at Progent's World-class Data Center
With Progent's ProSight Virtual Hosting service, a small or mid-size organization can have its key servers and apps hosted in a secure fault tolerant data center on a fast virtual machine host configured and managed by Progent's IT support experts. With Progent's ProSight Virtual Hosting service model, the customer owns the data, the operating system software, and the apps. Since the environment is virtualized, it can be ported immediately to a different hosting solution without requiring a time-consuming and technically risky reinstallation procedure. With ProSight Virtual Hosting, your business is not tied one hosting provider. Find out more about ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
- ProSight IT Asset Management: Network Documentation Management
Progent's ProSight IT Asset Management service is an IT infrastructure documentation management service that makes it easy to create, maintain, retrieve and safeguard data related to your network infrastructure, processes, business apps, and services. You can quickly find passwords or IP addresses and be alerted about upcoming expirations of SSL certificates or domains. By updating and organizing your IT documentation, you can eliminate as much as 50% of time spent trying to find critical information about your IT network. ProSight IT Asset Management includes a common repository for holding and sharing all documents related to managing your network infrastructure such as recommended procedures and self-service instructions. ProSight IT Asset Management also supports advanced automation for collecting and associating IT data. Whether you're planning improvements, performing maintenance, or reacting to a crisis, ProSight IT Asset Management delivers the knowledge you require the instant you need it. Find out more about Progent's ProSight IT Asset Management service.
- Active Defense Against Ransomware: AI-based Ransomware Detection and Cleanup
Progent's Active Protection Against Ransomware is an endpoint protection managed service that utilizes cutting edge behavior-based machine learning technology to defend endpoint devices as well as physical and virtual servers against new malware attacks such as ransomware and file-less exploits, which routinely get by legacy signature-matching AV tools. Progent ASM services safeguard on-premises and cloud resources and provides a unified platform to automate the entire malware attack progression including blocking, detection, containment, remediation, and post-attack forensics. Top features include one-click rollback using Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service and real-time network-wide immunization against new threats. Learn more about Progent's ransomware defense and recovery services.
- Outsourced/Co-managed Help Center: Support Desk Managed Services
Progent's Support Center managed services allow your information technology team to outsource Help Desk services to Progent or divide activity for Service Desk support transparently between your in-house network support group and Progent's nationwide pool of IT service technicians, engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's Shared Help Desk Service offers a seamless extension of your in-house IT support organization. Client access to the Help Desk, provision of support services, issue escalation, trouble ticket generation and tracking, performance metrics, and maintenance of the service database are consistent whether incidents are taken care of by your core support organization, by Progent, or a mix of the two. Read more about Progent's outsourced/shared Service Desk services.
- Progent's Patch Management: Patch Management Services
Progent's support services for patch management offer organizations of any size a flexible and affordable solution for assessing, testing, scheduling, implementing, and documenting software and firmware updates to your dynamic information network. Besides maximizing the protection and reliability of your computer environment, Progent's software/firmware update management services allow your IT team to concentrate on more strategic projects and activities that derive the highest business value from your information network. Find out more about Progent's software/firmware update management support services.
- ProSight Duo Multi-Factor Authentication: Identity Validation, Endpoint Remediation, and Protected Single Sign-on
Progent's Duo MFA service plans utilize Cisco's Duo cloud technology to defend against password theft by using two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo supports single-tap identity confirmation with iOS, Google Android, and other personal devices. Using Duo 2FA, whenever you log into a protected application and enter your password you are asked to confirm who you are on a unit that only you possess and that uses a different network channel. A broad selection of devices can be utilized for this added form of ID validation including a smartphone or wearable, a hardware/software token, a landline telephone, etc. You can designate several validation devices. To find out more about ProSight Duo two-factor identity authentication services, refer to Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for access security.
- ProSight Reporting: In-depth Reporting for Ticketing and Network Monitoring Applications
ProSight Reporting is a growing family of in-depth management reporting tools created to integrate with the industry's leading ticketing and network monitoring programs including ConnectWise Manage, ConnectWise Automate, Customer Thermometer, Auvik, and SentinelOne. ProSight Reporting incorporates Microsoft Graph and features color coding to highlight and contextualize critical issues such as spotty support follow-through or endpoints with out-of-date AVs. By identifying ticketing or network health problems clearly and in near-real time, ProSight Reporting enhances network value, lowers management hassle, and saves money. For more information, visit ProSight Reporting for ticketing and network monitoring platforms.
To view a white paper describing why managed services are quickly takingthe place of the traditional break/fix model of network support outsourcing for small and mid-size organizations, click:
10 Benefits of Managed IT Services. (PDF - 710 KB)
ProSight Network Audits
Progent's ProSight Network Audits offer a quick and low-cost alternative for small and medium-size organizations to obtain an objective evaluation of the overall health of their information system. Based on a selection of the top remote monitoring and management (RMM) tools available, and supervised by Progent's world-class team of information technology experts, ProSight Network Audits show you how well the deployment of your essential network devices adhere to leading practices. The Basic and Advanced options for ProSight Network Audit services are offered at a budget-friendly, one-time cost and provide immediate ROI such as a more manageable Active Directory environment. Both versions also include one year of cutting-edge remote network monitoring and management. Benefits can include lower-cost management, better compliance with information security regulations, higher utilization of network resources, faster troubleshooting, more reliable backup and recovery, and increased uptime. Read more about Progent's ProSight Network Audits network infrastructure assessment.
The ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report Service
The ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report service is a low-cost service centered on a brief interview with a Progent backup/recovery expert. The fact-finding interview is designed to help assess your company's ability to defend against ransomware or recover quickly following an assault by a ransomware variant like Ryuk, Maze, Sodinokibi, Mailto (aka Netwalker), Phobos, Snatch or Nephilim. Progent will consult with you directly to collect information concerning your existing antivirus tools and backup/recovery system, and Progent will then produce a written Basic Security and Best Practices Report describing how you can apply industry best practices to build an efficient security and backup/recovery system that reduces your vulnerability to a ransomware attack and meets your business requirements. For details, visit Progent's ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report.
Additional Value-priced Service Packages Available from Progent
Specially priced service bundles available from Progent to help you achieve and prove compliance with regulatory and industry security standards include security vulnerability assessment and stealth penetration testing. Progent also offers expert disaster recovery planning consulting and business continuity planning consulting to help ensure you can return to operations quickly in case of a catastrophic failure due to a natural disaster, fire, cyber attack, human error, equipment breakdown, or any other foreseeable disruptive event.
Contact Progent to Find Out More about ProSight WAN Watch Network Infrastructure RMM Services
For detailed pricing and to find out more about how ProSight WAN Watch services can save you management time and increase network availability and performance, call Progent at 800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.