Progent's ProSight WAN Watch is a remote monitoring and management (RMM) service that provides an affordable way for small and mid-sized companies to track and troubleshoot devices like routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers and other networked devices that make up the core of your IT infrastructure. ProSight WAN Watch can also monitor essential information about servers and endpoint computers, generate network topo maps that are automatically kept up to date, analyze network performance in real time, and send alerts when potential problems are uncovered. The ability to collect and organize IT infrastructure data automatically can save significant management time and effort while performing typical tasks like patching routers and firewalls, identifying applications associated with a switch, determining the cause of network traffic bottlenecks, or making modifications to your IT infrastructure.
Progent's IT services team can set up ProSight WAN Watch to monitor your network infrastructure on a 24x7 basis. If an issue is detected, Progent can reference an always up to date topology diagram and configuration database and quickly drill down to device details in order to fix problems immediately. Easy access to accurate mapping and configuration data can eliminate hours of service expense and reduce system downtime. ProSight WAN Watch is also tightly integrated with Progent's advanced ticketing system so that alerts are automatically synchronized to Progent's Technical Response Center (TRC) tickets. This helps ensure that all issues are addressed rapidly and tracked until resolution.
ProSight WAN Watch creates network maps in real time for performance management and troubleshooting
Key Features of ProSight WAN Watch
ProSight WAN Watch offers a broad range of tools that deliver enterprise-class RMM capability to organizations with small-company IT budgets. Key features address infrastructure topology, asset inventory, configuration management, monitoring and alerts, troubleshooting, and performance tracking.
A Clear View of IT Infrastructure
ProSight WAN Watch makes it easy to understand your network infrastructure by offering features like automatically updated topology diagrams, device configuration databases, network documentation, map searches with filtering, plus IP address and password management.
Infrastructure Health Monitoring
- Topo Map Automation is performed by collecting CDP and LLDP data and using forwarding tables to build a Layer 1 network diagram. Layer 2 and Layer 3 diagrams are modeled from ARP tables, IP assignments, VLAN associations, and inferential algorithms. Accurate network diagrams can be generated quickly, updates are incorporated automatically in real time, and topo maps can be shared or exported. ProSight WAN Watch can automatically identify over 7,000 different networked devices from more than 230 vendors. Devices that you can monitor with ProSight WAN Watch include switches, routers, firewalls, wireless controllers, load balancers, servers, desktops, wireless access points, smartphones, tablets, SAN storage, printers, power supplies, VoIP phones, and chassis.
- Inventory Automation gathers data about every network-attached device. Information collected includes make, model, working status, IP addresses, and network associations. From the ProSight WAN Watch dashboard map you can drill down on any monitored device to view a complete device profile and to see charts, graphs and KPIs.
ProSight WAN Watch automatically collects and organizes key information about every network device
- IP Address Management avoids the tedious and costly processes of manually updating your IP address inventory and discovering devices one item at a time. Instead, ProSight WAN Watch automatically displays all the IP addresses used in any given subnet and indicates the devices using them.
- Password Management eliminates the problems involved with looking for the correct passwords for network resources. With ProSight WAN Watch you only have to enter a device password once. The password is then encrypted, stored securely in a centralized place, and authenticated automatically when authorized users log in.
ProSight WAN Watch monitors the health of networked devices and services continually. If parameters for performance, availability or other critical areas fall below pre-defined thresholds, ProSight WAN Watch compiles pertinent information to help you understand and resolve the problem before network productivity is seriously impacted.
- Alerts are sent automatically to selected people when ProSight WAN Watch spots an issue like a device becoming unavailable, a spike in traffic, or a high number of packet errors. ProSight WAN Watch comes with dozens of preconfigured alerts that you can edit, and you can also create your own alerts.
- Checking the Health of Services is performed automatically and continually. ProSight WAN Watch can determine the availability and status of key network-wide services like HTTP, MySQL, and AD. Dozens of service monitors can be run as configured or edited to run according to your specific requirements, and you can build your own monitors to track custom services. You can view which services are running on a given device and which ports each service uses. When a service being monitored by ProSight WAN Watch goes offline, an alert is sent and a trouble ticket can be issued automatically so work can begin at once to track and resolve the problem.
- Device-specific Data in the ProSight WAN Watch dashboard displays data relevant to the type of device being monitored. For example, ink cartridge levels can be shown for a monitored printer, or remaining battery capacity can be displayed for an uninterruptible power supply. Device-specific data monitoring is available out of the box for a wide variety of computers and network devices such as VMs, Windows and Linux servers and clients, VMware hypervisors, printers, stackable switches, wireless LAN controllers and wireless access points, and many more.
- Performance Tracking provides insights into network health by generating charts depicting network traffic flow, bandwidth usage and availability, areas experiencing high packet loss, etc. Statistics are collected by the minute for each interface and combined over devices, subnets, and VLANs to give you a complete picture of network performance and health and to facilitate important management tasks like load balancing, traffic shaping and capacity planning.
- Current and Historic Performance Data are archived securely in the cloud for indefinite periods to help you determine trends in performance over whatever timeframes you specify, which can cover any period from hours to years. An intuitive calendar picker simplifies the selection of time intervals to assist with troubleshooting, analytics, forensics, capacity planning or management reporting.
ProSight WAN Watch lets you select any time interval for troubleshooting, trend analysis, capacity planning or reporting
One of the top benefits of WAN Watch is its ability to slash the time required to troubleshoot a network, saving service costs and minimizing expensive downtime.
A Secure Cloud-based RMM Solution
- Network Evidence is a dashboard feature that allows you to find out instantly where a device has been seen across the network. This eliminates the tedious manual process of logging into each device to look for an IP address.
- Pooled Debugging Data includes automatically-generated consolidation of ARP tables, FDB tables, and listed routes along with intelligent filters for turning raw data into actionable information. This eliminates the need to query individual devices using traditional command-line interfaces.
ProSight WAN Watch streamlines troubleshooting by consolidating and filtering debugging data
- Configuration Management and Analysis features in WAN Watch include automatic discovery of every device on a network, capture and documentation of all running configurations, and logging of all configuration changes over time. Old configurations can be restored immediately with a single click. Device bandwidth and utilization charts make it easy to correlate configuration changes to performance in order to troubleshoot devices and refine optimization strategies. In addition, WAN Watch performs continual configuration analysis based on best practices and flags potential issues.
ProSight WAN Watch uses cloud resources to help you monitor and manage your network. A local collecting agent gathers device and performance information using standard communications protocols including ICMP, MDNS, SMB, SNMP, SSH, Telnet, TFTP and UPnP. The collected data are periodically sent to WAN Watch cloud servers via an SSL-encrypted web socket using certificate authentication. All device credentials and configuration data shared with WAN Watch are stored in the cloud using AES-128 encryption. No traffic content, such as email messages, can be seen by the WAN Watch cloud servers, so your sensitive corporate information and private data stay secure. The network maps, device profiles and visual renderings of network information accessed through the WAN Watch dashboard are available to authorized users via a secure login to a web browser.
The servers used by WAN Watch reside in the Amazon cloud, which includes all the features of world-class datacenters such as electronic surveillance, multi-factor access control systems, 24x7 staffing by trained security guards, ISO 28001 and 9001 certifications, and regular SOC 1 audits. Compared to an on-premises architecture, the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model used by WAN Watch dramatically cuts setup and operational costs, eliminates maintenance overhead, provides access to unlimited storage and processing capacity, and delivers a high-level of fault tolerance and recoverability.
Download Progent's ProSight WAN Watch: Network Infrastructure Remote Monitoring and Management Datasheet
To download a single-page datasheet in PDF format describing Progent's ProSight WAN Watch infrastructure RMM services, click:
Progent's ProSight WAN Watch Infrastructure Monitoring and Management Services Datasheet. (PDF - 88 KB)
How Progent Can Help You with ProSight WAN Watch
Progent can help you set up ProSight WAN Watch and use the platform for efficiently managing and troubleshooting your network infrastructure. You can outsource all remote monitoring and management tasks to Progent or you can co-source RMM activities, using Progent to provide as-needed guidance and remediation services. Progent offers expertise for virtually all of the network appliances, servers, VMs, endpoints and services that can be monitored and managed by ProSight WAN Watch. For example, Progent has a large roster of Cisco CCIE-certified network infrastructure consultants who can provide online or onsite expertise for Cisco's entire line of network appliances and management tools.
With two decades of experience delivering remote IT management and support to companies throughout North America, and with a team of more than 100 network consultants and subject matter experts, Progent has the know-how to maximize the business value of your WAN Watch solution.
ProSight Network Audit Basic: Affordable Network Health Audit with Active Directory Cleanup Report
ProSight WAN Watch is the RMM engine behind the Basic version of Progent's ProSight Network Audit service. This affordable infrastructure health check provides an objective assessment about how well the current deployment of your core network assets conform to industry best practices and includes an Active Directory Cleanup report. The audit also comes with a subscription to the ProSight WAN Watch managed service. To learn about ProSight Network Audit Basic, visit ProSight Network Audit Basic.
Other ProSight Managed Services Available from Progent
In addition to ProSight WAN Watch, Progent's ProSight suite of network management services includes other affordably-priced managed service packages that address crucial aspects of your IT ecosystem such as security, disaster recovery, and email filtering. By partnering with leading technology innovators, Progent can offer small and mid-size organizations the benefits of the same advanced technology deployed by many of the world's largest enterprises.
Managed services available from Progent include:
Download Progent's 10 Benefits of Managed IT Services White Paper
- ProSight Active Security Monitoring: Endpoint Protection and Ransomware Defense
Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring is an endpoint protection service that utilizes SentinelOne's next generation behavior-based analysis tools to guard physical and virtual endpoint devices against modern malware assaults such as ransomware and file-less exploits, which routinely evade legacy signature-based anti-virus tools. ProSight Active Security Monitoring protects on-premises and cloud-based resources and provides a unified platform to address the complete threat lifecycle including protection, detection, containment, cleanup, and post-attack forensics. Top features include one-click rollback using Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service and automatic network-wide immunization against new threats. Progent is a certified SentinelOne Partner. Find out more about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware recovery.
- ProSight Enhanced Security Protection (ESP): Endpoint Security and Exchange Filtering
Progent's ProSight Enhanced Security Protection services deliver affordable multi-layer security for physical servers and virtual machines, workstations, smartphones, and Microsoft Exchange. ProSight ESP utilizes adaptive security and modern behavior analysis for round-the-clock monitoring and responding to security assaults from all vectors. ProSight ESP provides firewall protection, penetration alarms, device management, and web filtering through leading-edge tools incorporated within a single agent managed from a single control. Progent's security and virtualization experts can help you to plan and configure a ProSight ESP environment that meets your organization's specific needs and that helps you demonstrate compliance with legal and industry information security standards. Progent will assist you define and configure policies that ProSight ESP will manage, and Progent will monitor your IT environment and react to alerts that require immediate action. Progent's consultants can also assist your company to install and verify a backup and disaster recovery system such as ProSight Data Protection Services so you can get back in business rapidly from a destructive cyber attack such as ransomware. Read more about Progent's ProSight Enhanced Security Protection (ESP) unified endpoint protection and Exchange email filtering.
- ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS): Backup and Disaster Recovery Services
Progent has worked with leading backup technology providers to produce ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a family of subscription-based offerings that deliver backup-as-a-service. ProSight DPS services automate and monitor your data backup operations and enable non-disruptive backup and fast restoration of important files/folders, apps, system images, plus virtual machines. ProSight DPS helps your business protect against data loss caused by equipment breakdown, natural calamities, fire, malware such as ransomware, human mistakes, malicious insiders, or software glitches. Managed backup services in the ProSight Data Protection Services portfolio include ProSight Ataro VM Backup, ProSight Ataro Office 365 Backup, ProSight ECHO Backup based on Barracuda dedicated storage, and ProSight DPS MSP360 Cloud and On-prem Backup. Your Progent service representative can help you to determine which of these managed services are best suited for your IT environment.
- ProSight Email Guard: Inbound and Outbound Spam Filtering and Data Leakage Protection
ProSight Email Guard is Progent's spam and virus filtering and email encryption service that uses the technology of leading data security vendors to deliver web-based control and comprehensive protection for all your email traffic. The hybrid architecture of Email Guard integrates a Cloud Protection Layer with a local gateway appliance to offer complete defense against spam, viruses, Denial of Service Attacks, Directory Harvest Attacks, and other email-borne malware. Email Guard's cloud filter acts as a preliminary barricade and blocks the vast majority of threats from making it to your network firewall. This reduces your vulnerability to external attacks and saves network bandwidth and storage space. Email Guard's on-premises security gateway appliance adds a deeper layer of analysis for incoming email. For outgoing email, the on-premises gateway provides anti-virus and anti-spam filtering, protection against data leaks, and email encryption. The on-premises security gateway can also help Microsoft Exchange Server to monitor and safeguard internal email that stays within your security perimeter. For more details, see Email Guard spam and content filtering.
- ProSight LAN Watch: Server and Desktop Remote Monitoring and Management
ProSight LAN Watch is Progentís server and desktop monitoring service that uses advanced remote monitoring and management (RMM) techniques to keep your network operating at peak levels by checking the health of critical assets that drive your business network. When ProSight LAN Watch uncovers an issue, an alert is transmitted immediately to your designated IT staff and your assigned Progent consultant so that any potential problems can be resolved before they can disrupt productivity. Find out more about ProSight LAN Watch server and desktop remote monitoring services.
- ProSight Virtual Hosting: Hosted VMs at Progent's Tier III Data Center
With ProSight Virtual Hosting service, a small or mid-size organization can have its key servers and apps hosted in a secure fault tolerant data center on a fast virtual machine host set up and maintained by Progent's IT support professionals. Under Progent's ProSight Virtual Hosting model, the customer retains ownership of the data, the operating system software, and the applications. Because the system is virtualized, it can be moved immediately to an alternate hosting environment without requiring a lengthy and difficult configuration procedure. With ProSight Virtual Hosting, your business is not locked into one hosting service. Learn more about ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
- ProSight IT Asset Management: Network Documentation Management
Progent's ProSight IT Asset Management service is a cloud-based IT documentation management service that allows you to create, maintain, find and protect data about your IT infrastructure, processes, business apps, and services. You can quickly locate passwords or serial numbers and be warned about upcoming expirations of SSLs or domains. By cleaning up and organizing your IT infrastructure documentation, you can save as much as 50% of time spent looking for vital information about your network. ProSight IT Asset Management features a centralized location for storing and sharing all documents related to managing your network infrastructure like recommended procedures and self-service instructions. ProSight IT Asset Management also supports a high level of automation for collecting and associating IT information. Whether youíre planning enhancements, doing regular maintenance, or reacting to an emergency, ProSight IT Asset Management gets you the data you need the instant you need it. Learn more about Progent's ProSight IT Asset Management service.
- Progent Active Defense Against Ransomware: Machine Learning-based Ransomware Identification and Cleanup
Progent's Active Defense Against Ransomware is an endpoint protection solution that incorporates next generation behavior analysis tools to guard endpoint devices and physical and virtual servers against modern malware assaults like ransomware and file-less exploits, which easily evade legacy signature-matching AV products. Progent ASM services safeguard on-premises and cloud resources and offers a unified platform to automate the entire threat progression including blocking, infiltration detection, mitigation, remediation, and post-attack forensics. Top capabilities include single-click rollback with Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service and real-time network-wide immunization against newly discovered attacks. Find out more about Progent's ransomware defense and recovery services.
- Outsourced/Co-managed Service Desk: Call Center Managed Services
Progent's Call Center managed services allow your information technology group to outsource Support Desk services to Progent or divide activity for support services transparently between your in-house support staff and Progent's extensive roster of IT service engineers and subject matter experts (SMEs). Progent's Shared Help Desk Service provides a transparent extension of your corporate IT support resources. End user interaction with the Help Desk, delivery of support services, problem escalation, trouble ticket creation and tracking, performance metrics, and maintenance of the service database are consistent whether issues are taken care of by your in-house support organization, by Progent, or a mix of the two. Learn more about Progent's outsourced/shared Service Center services.
- Patch Management: Software/Firmware Update Management Services
Progent's managed services for patch management provide organizations of all sizes a versatile and cost-effective alternative for assessing, testing, scheduling, implementing, and tracking updates to your ever-evolving IT system. Besides maximizing the protection and reliability of your computer network, Progent's software/firmware update management services permit your in-house IT staff to concentrate on line-of-business initiatives and activities that derive the highest business value from your network. Find out more about Progent's software/firmware update management services.
- ProSight Duo Multi-Factor Authentication: Access Security, Endpoint Policy Enforcement, and Protected Single Sign-on
Progent's Duo MFA services utilize Cisco's Duo technology to protect against compromised passwords by using two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo supports one-tap identity confirmation on iOS, Android, and other out-of-band devices. Using Duo 2FA, whenever you log into a secured application and give your password you are requested to confirm your identity on a unit that only you have and that is accessed using a different network channel. A broad selection of devices can be utilized for this added form of authentication such as an iPhone or Android or wearable, a hardware token, a landline telephone, etc. You can designate several verification devices. For more information about ProSight Duo two-factor identity authentication services, visit Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services.
To view a white paper explaining why managed services are quickly takingthe place of the old break/fix model of IT support outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses, click:
10 Benefits of Managed IT Services. (PDF - 710 KB)
ProSight Network Audits
Progent's ProSight Network Audits are a fast and low-cost alternative for small and medium-size businesses to obtain an objective assessment of the overall health of their IT system. Based on some of the leading remote monitoring and management (RMM) tools in the industry, and overseen by Progent's world-class group of information technology professionals, ProSight Network Audits show you how well the deployment of your essential infrastructure assets conform to industry best practices. The Basic and Advanced options for ProSight Network Audit services are available at a low, one-time cost and provide immediate ROI such as a more manageable Active Directory (AD) environment. Both also come with one year of advanced remote network monitoring and management. Benefits can include simpler network management, better compliance with data security regulations, higher utilization of network assets, quicker problem resolution, more dependable backup and restore, and less downtime. See more about Progent's ProSight Network Audits network infrastructure review.
Progent's ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report
Progent's ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report service is a low-cost service based on a phone discussion with a Progent information assurance consultant. The interview is designed to assess your organization's preparedness to counter ransomware or recover quickly following an assault by a ransomware variant such as Ryuk, Maze, Sodinokibi, Mailto (aka Netwalker), Phobos, Conti or Egregor. Progent will consult with you directly to gather information about your current security profile and backup system, and Progent will then produce a custom Basic Security and Best Practices Report describing how you can apply industry best practices to build an efficient AV and backup/recovery environment that reduces your vulnerability to a ransomware attack and meets your company's requirements. For more information, see Progent's ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report.
Additional Value-priced Service Packages Available from Progent
Specially priced service bundles available from Progent to help you achieve and prove compliance with regulatory and industry security standards include security vulnerability assessment and stealth penetration testing. Progent also offers expert disaster recovery planning consulting and business continuity planning consulting to help ensure you can return to operations quickly in case of a catastrophic failure due to a natural disaster, fire, cyber attack, human error, equipment breakdown, or any other foreseeable disruptive event.
Contact Progent to Find Out More about ProSight WAN Watch Network Infrastructure RMM Services
For detailed pricing and to find out more about how ProSight WAN Watch services can save you management time and increase network availability and performance, call Progent at 800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.