Progent's ProSight WAN Watch is a cloud-based network infrastructure management service that makes it easy and affordable for small and mid-sized businesses to map, monitor, optimize and troubleshoot their networking devices like routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers and other so-called "packet pushers" that constitute the heart of your network. Using state-of-the-art Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) technology, ProSight WAN Watch keeps network maps updated in real time, captures and manages the configuration of virtually all devices on your network, monitors performance, and generates alerts when issues are detected. By automating time-consuming management tasks, ProSight WAN Watch can shave hours off the drudgery of common procedures such as reconfiguring or expanding your network, finding appliances that require critical updates, or isolating performance bottlenecks.
If you use Progent's IT services team to manage or troubleshoot your network infrastructure, ProSight WAN Watch allows the experts at Progent's Technical Response Center (TRC) to view an accurate map of your complete network infrastructure and drill down to component details to resolve issues quickly. Whether you need to know which access point is being used by a smartphone or which switch a server is connected to, instant and accurate network mapping can save hours of support costs and network downtime. ProSight WAN Watch also integrates seamlessly with Progent's enterprise-class support system by synchronizing network alerts to TRC tickets, ensuring that any problems will be addressed quickly and resolved efficiently.
ProSight WAN Watch creates network maps in real time for performance management and troubleshooting
Features of ProSight WAN Watch
ProSight WAN Watch provides a wealth of features for delivering world-class network infrastructure RMM capabilities to small and mid-size organizations at an easily affordable price. These features cover network topology and asset inventory, configuration management, advanced network monitoring and alerts, troubleshooting, and performance analysis.
Understanding Network Infrastructure
ProSight WAN Watch provides best-of-breed visibility into network infrastructure with features that include automated topology mapping, device inventory, and network documentation plus filtered map searching, IP address management, and password management.
Infrastructure Monitoring and Tracking
- Automated Mapping is accomplished by gathering CDP and LLDP data along with forwarding tables to model a Layer 1 network diagram and building Layer 2 and Layer 3 visualizations from ARP tables, IP assignments, VLAN associations, and inferential algorithms. Accurate network maps can be created in minutes, changes are automatically added in real time, and maps can be exported and shared. ProSight WAN Watch can identify more than 7,000 different devices from over 230 manufacturers. Devices that can be monitored by WAN Watch include routers, switches, firewalls, Wi-Fi controllers, load balancers, packet processors, servers, Wi-Fi access points, workstations, phones, tablets, hubs, network storage, printers, copiers, hypervisors, virtual appliances, unmanaged switches, bridges, power supplies, telecommunications, and chassis.
- Inventory Automation collects detailed information on every device attached to a network. This includes device make and model, working status, IP addresses, and network associations. From the dashboard map you can drill down on any device to see a full profile as well as charts and graphs plus key performance indicators (KPIs).
ProSight WAN Watch automatically profiles and catalogs every device on a network
- IP Address Management eliminates manually maintained IP address inventory and device-by-device discovery by displaying all the IP addresses used in a selected subnet and the devices that use them.
- Password Management avoids the hassles associated with trying to remember or locate credentials for various network devices. ProSight WAN Watch allows you to enter device credentials one time. Passwords are then encrypted and securely stored and automatically authenticated on log-in.
ProSight WAN Watch continually monitors devices, services and network performance, automatically generates alerts when network health falls below defined thresholds, and collects and organizes meaningful data to help you maintain and optimize your network.
- Alerts notify specified personnel when WAN Watch detects issues such as devices going offline, traffic spikes, or packet errors. Dozens of preconfigured alerts are included and you can modify them or create custom alerts.
- Service Monitoring automatically detects the availability and status of critical services running across the network such as HTTP, MySQL, and Active Directory. Dozens of services are set up for monitoring out of the box, and you can define your own custom services. You can also drill down to see which services are running on a specific device and which ports are used. When a monitored service stops working, WAN Watch generates an alert so you can begin remediation immediately.
- Device-relevant Data allows WAN Watch dashboards to provide information appropriate for the devices being monitored, such as ink cartridge levels for a printer or remaining battery capacity for a UPS. Device-specific data can be detected for a broad range of computers and network appliances including virtual machines, Windows and Linux servers and endpoints, VMware hypervisors, printers, universal power supplies, stackable switches, wireless LAN controllers and Wi-Fi access points.
- Performance and Health Stats allow you to understand and optimize network performance by charting traffic flow, bandwidth availability and utilization, packet loss concentrations, and other key parameters. Per-minute statistics are collected for each interface and aggregated over devices, subnets, and VLAN networks to provide the information you need for effective load balancing, traffic shaping and capacity planning.
- Historic Performance Data are stored in the cloud indefinitely so you can detect performance trends for timeframes that can range from hours to years. A calendar picker makes it easy to select time intervals for troubleshooting, analysis, forensics, planning or reporting.
ProSight WAN Watch lets you pick any timeframe for analysis, troubleshooting, planning or reporting
A great benefit of ProSight WAN Watch is its ability to streamline the troubleshooting process. This directly cuts the cost of technical support and, more importantly, reduces network downtime.
Cloud-based Remote Monitoring and Management with Enterprise-class Security
- Network Evidence is a feature of the ProSight WAN Watch dashboard that displays where a device has been seen throughout the network. This allows you to avoid the time-consuming process of manually logging into each device and searching for an IP address.
- Pooled Debugging Data is another useful troubleshooting feature that automatically consolidates ARP tables, FDB tables, and listed routes. The addition of smart filters lets you quickly turn masses of raw data into useful intelligence. Pooled Debugging Data replaces the laborious process of using command line interfaces (CLIs) to query devices individually.
ProSight WAN Watch streamlines troubleshooting by consolidating and filtering debugging data
- Configuration Management and Analysis tools available with ProSight WAN Watch include automatic discovery of all networked devices, capture and documentation of all active configurations, and logging of configuration change history. You can recover older configurations with one click. In addition, device bandwidth and utilization charts simplify the process of correlating configuration changes to performance. This speeds up troubleshooting and provides valuable information for network optimization and capacity planning. ProSight WAN Watch also runs ongoing configuration analysis based on comparison to leading practices and identifies potential problems.
ProSight WAN Watch leverages cloud-based resources to minimize the cost and hassle of network monitoring and management. On-premises agent software collects device and performance data via standard communications protocols such as ICMP, MDNS, SMB, SNMP, SSH, Telnet, TFTP and UPnP. The gathered information is periodically sent to ProSight WAN Watch cloud servers using an SSL-encrypted web socket with certificate authentication. Device credentials and configuration data shared with ProSight WAN Watch are stored in the cloud using AES-128 encryption. No traffic content, such as email messages, can be read by the ProSight WAN Watch cloud servers, so your sensitive corporate and private data stay secure. The network diagrams, device profiles and visualizations of network data available via the ProSight WAN Watch dashboard are accessible to authorized users only via a secure login to a web browser.
ProSight WAN Watch servers are hosted in the Amazon cloud, which offers an abundance of security features such as electronic surveillance, multi-factor access control systems, 24x7 staffing by trained security guards, ISO 28001 and 9001 certifications, and regular SOC 1 audits. In comparison to an on-premises architecture, the SaaS model employed by ProSight WAN Watch significantly reduces the cost of setup and operations, avoids maintenance overhead, allows on-demand access to limitless storage and processing capacity, and delivers world-class levels of availability and recoverability.
Download Progent's ProSight WAN Watch: Network Infrastructure Remote Monitoring and Management Datasheet
To view or download Progent's ProSight WAN Watch infrastructure RMM services datasheet, click:
Progent's ProSight WAN Watch Infrastructure Monitoring Services Datasheet. (PDF - 88 KB)
How Progent Can Help You with ProSight WAN Watch
Progent can set up ProSight WAN Watch and use the platform for remotely monitoring and troubleshooting your network infrastructure. You can outsource all your network monitoring and management activities to Progent's experts or you can co-source these services by using Progent for occasional IT consulting and troubleshooting. Progent can provide high-level support for the network infrastructure, servers, virtual machines, endpoints, and services that can be monitored by ProSight WAN Watch. As an example, Progent maintains a large team of Cisco CCIE-certified network infrastructure consultants who can deliver online or onsite support for all of Cisco's network devices and management software. Progent can also provide the service of a certified VMware VCDX consultant to help you design, configure, manage and troubleshoot a vSphere-based virtualization solution.
With 20 years of background providing remote IT monitoring and management services across the U.S., and with a team of over 100 network consultants and subject matter experts, Progent has the breadth and depth of experience to make sure your ProSight WAN Watch deployment delivers maximum business value.
ProSight Network Audit Basic: Low-cost Network Health Audit with Active Directory (AD) Cleanup Report
ProSight WAN Watch is the remote monitoring and management tool that drives Progent's ProSight Network Audit Basic service. This fast and affordable network health review offers an unbiased assessment on how closely the current configuration of your essential network components follows leading practices. The audit comes with a valuable Active Directory (AD) Cleanup report to help you straighten out one of the most important and neglected areas of small businesses network management. The audit also includes one year of Progent's ProSight WAN Watch managed service. To find out more about ProSight Network Audit Basic, see ProSight Network Audit Basic.
Other ProSight Managed Services Offered by Progent
In addition to ProSight WAN Watch, Progent's ProSight line of infrastructure management services includes other low-cost remote monitoring and management services that cover various key facets of your information network including endpoint security, backup and disaster recovery, email content filtering, server and desktop monitoring, virtual machine hosting, and IT documentation management. Partnerships with top RMM technology providers allow Progent to offer small and medium-size businesses the advantages of the same cutting-edge monitoring and management technology used by major enterprises.
Managed services available from Progent include:
Download Progent's 10 Benefits of Managed IT Services White Paper
- ProSight Active Security Monitoring: Endpoint Protection and Ransomware Defense
ProSight Active Security Monitoring is an endpoint protection (EPP) service that incorporates cutting edge behavior-based machine learning technology to defend physical and virtual endpoints against new malware attacks like ransomware and file-less exploits, which routinely get by legacy signature-matching anti-virus products. ProSight Active Security Monitoring protects local and cloud-based resources and offers a unified platform to automate the entire malware attack progression including blocking, identification, containment, remediation, and post-attack forensics. Top capabilities include one-click rollback using Windows VSS and automatic network-wide immunization against new attacks. Read more about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense.
- ProSight Enhanced Security Protection (ESP): Endpoint Protection and Exchange Email Filtering
ProSight Enhanced Security Protection services deliver economical multi-layer protection for physical and virtual servers, desktops, mobile devices, and Exchange email. ProSight ESP uses contextual security and advanced heuristics for round-the-clock monitoring and reacting to security assaults from all attack vectors. ProSight ESP offers firewall protection, intrusion alarms, endpoint management, and web filtering via leading-edge technologies packaged within a single agent managed from a single control. Progent's data protection and virtualization experts can help you to design and implement a ProSight ESP deployment that addresses your organization's specific needs and that allows you prove compliance with government and industry information security standards. Progent will assist you specify and configure security policies that ProSight ESP will manage, and Progent will monitor your network and react to alerts that require urgent action. Progent can also help you to install and test a backup and disaster recovery solution such as ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS) so you can get back in business rapidly from a potentially disastrous security attack like ransomware. Find out more about Progent's ProSight Enhanced Security Protection unified physical and virtual endpoint protection and Microsoft Exchange email filtering.
- ProSight Data Protection Services: Managed Backup and Recovery
ProSight Data Protection Services from Progent offer small and mid-sized businesses an affordable and fully managed service for reliable backup/disaster recovery (BDR). For a fixed monthly rate, ProSight Data Protection Services automates your backup processes and allows fast restoration of vital data, apps and virtual machines that have become lost or corrupted as a result of component failures, software glitches, disasters, human error, or malware attacks like ransomware. ProSight DPS can help you back up, recover and restore files, folders, apps, system images, as well as Hyper-V and VMware images/. Critical data can be protected on the cloud, to a local storage device, or mirrored to both. Progent's backup and recovery specialists can deliver world-class expertise to set up ProSight DPS to be compliant with government and industry regulatory requirements such as HIPAA, FIRPA, and PCI and, whenever necessary, can help you to restore your critical information. Find out more about ProSight DPS Managed Backup.
- ProSight Email Guard: Inbound and Outbound Spam Filtering and Data Leakage Protection
ProSight Email Guard is Progent's spam and virus filtering service that incorporates the infrastructure of leading information security companies to provide web-based management and world-class security for all your inbound and outbound email. The hybrid architecture of Email Guard managed service combines cloud-based filtering with a local gateway appliance to provide complete protection against spam, viruses, Dos Attacks, DHAs, and other email-borne threats. The Cloud Protection Layer serves as a first line of defense and keeps most threats from making it to your security perimeter. This reduces your exposure to external threats and saves system bandwidth and storage. Email Guard's onsite security gateway appliance provides a deeper layer of analysis for inbound email. For outbound email, the local gateway offers AV and anti-spam filtering, policy-based Data Loss Prevention, and email encryption. The on-premises gateway can also assist Exchange Server to track and safeguard internal email traffic that originates and ends inside your security perimeter. For more details, visit ProSight Email Guard spam and content filtering.
- ProSight LAN Watch: Server and Desktop Monitoring
ProSight LAN Watch is Progent’s server and desktop monitoring managed service that uses advanced remote monitoring and management (RMM) techniques to help keep your IT system operating efficiently by tracking the health of critical computers that power your business network. When ProSight LAN Watch detects an issue, an alarm is transmitted automatically to your designated IT personnel and your assigned Progent engineering consultant so that any potential issues can be resolved before they can disrupt productivity. Find out more about ProSight LAN Watch server and desktop remote monitoring consulting.
- ProSight Virtual Hosting: Hosted VMs at Progent's Tier III Data Center
With Progent's ProSight Virtual Hosting service, a small business can have its key servers and applications hosted in a protected Tier III data center on a high-performance virtual host configured and maintained by Progent's network support professionals. With Progent's ProSight Virtual Hosting model, the client owns the data, the OS platforms, and the applications. Because the system is virtualized, it can be ported easily to an alternate hardware solution without requiring a time-consuming and difficult reinstallation procedure. With ProSight Virtual Hosting, your business is not tied one hosting provider. Find out more details about ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
- ProSight IT Asset Management: Network Documentation Management
ProSight IT Asset Management service is a cloud-based IT documentation management service that makes it easy to capture, update, retrieve and safeguard data about your IT infrastructure, procedures, applications, and services. You can quickly find passwords or serial numbers and be alerted automatically about impending expirations of SSL certificates or domains. By cleaning up and organizing your network documentation, you can eliminate as much as 50% of time wasted trying to find critical information about your IT network. ProSight IT Asset Management features a common location for storing and sharing all documents related to managing your business network like recommended procedures and self-service instructions. ProSight IT Asset Management also supports a high level of automation for collecting and associating IT information. Whether you’re making improvements, doing regular maintenance, or reacting to a crisis, ProSight IT Asset Management gets you the knowledge you need the instant you need it. Read more about Progent's ProSight IT Asset Management service.
To view a white paper explaining why managed services are rapidly replacing the old break/fix model of network support for small and mid-size companies, click:
10 Benefits of Managed IT Services. (PDF - 710 KB)
ProSight Network Audits
Progent's ProSight Network Audits are a fast and affordable way for small and mid-size organizations to get an objective evaluation of the health of their information system. Powered by a selection of the leading remote monitoring and management tools in the industry, and supervised by Progent's world-class group of information technology experts, ProSight Network Audits show you how well the configuration of your core network devices conform to industry best practices. Both the Basic and Advanced versions of ProSight Network Audit services are offered at a budget-friendly, one-time cost and deliver immediate ROI like a cleaner Active Directory environment. Both also include a year of cutting-edge remote network monitoring and management (RMM). Advantages can include lower-cost management, improved compliance with information security standards, higher utilization of network assets, faster troubleshooting, more reliable backup and restore, and higher availability. Read more about Progent's ProSight Network Audits network infrastructure assessment.
Progent's ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report
Progent's ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report service is a low-cost service based on a brief discussion with a Progent information assurance expert. The fact-finding interview is designed to evaluate your company's ability either to counter ransomware or recover rapidly after an assault by a ransomware strain such as Ryuk, Maze, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, DopplePaymer, Snatch or Egregor. Progent will work with you personally to collect information concerning your existing AV defense and backup/recovery system, and Progent will then deliver a written Basic Security and Best Practices Report describing how you can apply best practices to create a cost-effective security and backup system that minimizes your vulnerability to ransomware and meets your company's requirements. For additional information, refer to Progent's ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report Service.
Additional Value-priced Service Packages Available from Progent
Specially priced service bundles available from Progent to help you achieve and prove compliance with regulatory and industry security standards include security vulnerability assessment and stealth penetration testing. Progent also offers expert disaster recovery planning consulting and business continuity planning consulting to help ensure you can return to operations quickly in case of a catastrophic failure due to a natural disaster, fire, cyber attack, human error, equipment breakdown, or any other foreseeable disruptive event.
Contact Progent to Find Out More about ProSight WAN Watch RMM Services
For pricing information and to learn more about how ProSight WAN Watch services can cut management costs and increase network uptime and performance, call Progent at 800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.