Progentís ProSight WAN Watch is a cloud-based network infrastructure management service that makes it easy and affordable for small and mid-sized businesses to map, monitor, optimize and troubleshoot their networking devices like routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers and other so-called "packet pushers" that constitute the heart of your network. Using state-of-the-art Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) technology, ProSight WAN Watch keeps network maps updated in real time, captures and manages the configuration of virtually all devices on your network, monitors performance, and generates alerts when issues are detected. By automating time-consuming management tasks, ProSight WAN Watch can shave hours off the drudgery of common procedures such as reconfiguring or expanding your network, finding appliances that require critical updates, or isolating performance bottlenecks.
If you use Progent's IT services team to manage or troubleshoot your network infrastructure, ProSight WAN Watch allows the experts at Progent's Technical Response Center (TRC) to view an accurate map of your complete network infrastructure and drill down to component details to resolve issues quickly. Whether you need to know which access point is being used by a smartphone or which switch a server is connected to, instant and accurate network mapping can save hours of support costs and network downtime. ProSight WAN Watch also integrates seamlessly with Progent's enterprise-class support system by synchronizing network alerts to TRC tickets, ensuring that any problems will be addressed quickly and resolved efficiently.
ProSight WAN Watch creates network maps in real time for performance management and troubleshooting
Features of ProSight WAN Watch
ProSight WAN Watch provides a wealth of features for delivering world-class network infrastructure RMM capabilities to small and mid-size organizations at an easily affordable price. These features cover network topology and asset inventory, configuration management, advanced network monitoring and alerts, troubleshooting, and performance analysis.
Understanding Network Infrastructure
ProSight WAN Watch provides best-of-breed visibility into network infrastructure with features that include automated topology mapping, device inventory, and network documentation plus filtered map searching, IP address management, and password management.
Infrastructure Monitoring and Tracking
- Automated Mapping is accomplished by gathering CDP and LLDP data along with forwarding tables to model a Layer 1 network diagram and building Layer 2 and Layer 3 visualizations from ARP tables, IP assignments, VLAN associations, and inferential algorithms. Accurate network maps can be created in minutes, changes are automatically added in real time, and maps can be exported and shared. ProSight WAN Watch can identify more than 7,000 different devices from over 230 manufacturers. Devices that can be monitored by WAN Watch include routers, switches, firewalls, Wi-Fi controllers, load balancers, packet processors, servers, Wi-Fi access points, workstations, phones, tablets, hubs, network storage, printers, copiers, hypervisors, virtual appliances, unmanaged switches, bridges, power supplies, telecommunications, and chassis.
- Inventory Automation collects detailed information on every device attached to a network. This includes device make and model, working status, IP addresses, and network associations. From the dashboard map you can drill down on any device to see a full profile as well as charts and graphs plus key performance indicators (KPIs).
ProSight WAN Watch automatically profiles and catalogs every device on a network
- IP Address Management eliminates manually maintained IP address inventory and device-by-device discovery by displaying all the IP addresses used in a selected subnet and the devices that use them.
- Password Management avoids the hassles associated with trying to remember or locate credentials for various network devices. ProSight WAN Watch allows you to enter device credentials one time. Passwords are then encrypted and securely stored and automatically authenticated on log-in.
ProSight WAN Watch continually monitors devices, services and network performance, automatically generates alerts when network health falls below defined thresholds, and collects and organizes meaningful data to help you maintain and optimize your network.
- Alerts notify specified personnel when WAN Watch detects issues such as devices going offline, traffic spikes, or packet errors. Dozens of preconfigured alerts are included and you can modify them or create custom alerts.
- Service Monitoring automatically detects the availability and status of critical services running across the network such as HTTP, MySQL, and Active Directory. Dozens of services are set up for monitoring out of the box, and you can define your own custom services. You can also drill down to see which services are running on a specific device and which ports are used. When a monitored service stops working, WAN Watch generates an alert so you can begin remediation immediately.
- Device-relevant Data allows WAN Watch dashboards to provide information appropriate for the devices being monitored, such as ink cartridge levels for a printer or remaining battery capacity for a UPS. Device-specific data can be detected for a broad range of computers and network appliances including virtual machines, Windows and Linux servers and endpoints, VMware hypervisors, printers, universal power supplies, stackable switches, wireless LAN controllers and Wi-Fi access points.
- Performance and Health Stats allow you to understand and optimize network performance by charting traffic flow, bandwidth availability and utilization, packet loss concentrations, and other key parameters. Per-minute statistics are collected for each interface and aggregated over devices, subnets, and VLAN networks to provide the information you need for effective load balancing, traffic shaping and capacity planning.
- Historic Performance Data are stored in the cloud indefinitely so you can detect performance trends for timeframes that can range from hours to years. A calendar picker makes it easy to select time intervals for troubleshooting, analysis, forensics, planning or reporting.
ProSight WAN Watch lets you pick any timeframe for analysis, troubleshooting, planning or reporting
A great benefit of ProSight WAN Watch is its ability to streamline the troubleshooting process. This directly cuts the cost of technical support and, more importantly, reduces network downtime.
Cloud-based Remote Monitoring and Management with Enterprise-class Security
- Network Evidence is a feature of the ProSight WAN Watch dashboard that displays where a device has been seen throughout the network. This allows you to avoid the time-consuming process of manually logging into each device and searching for an IP address.
- Pooled Debugging Data is another useful troubleshooting feature that automatically consolidates ARP tables, FDB tables, and listed routes. The addition of smart filters lets you quickly turn masses of raw data into useful intelligence. Pooled Debugging Data replaces the laborious process of using command line interfaces (CLIs) to query devices individually.
ProSight WAN Watch streamlines troubleshooting by consolidating and filtering debugging data
- Configuration Management and Analysis tools available with ProSight WAN Watch include automatic discovery of all networked devices, capture and documentation of all active configurations, and logging of configuration change history. You can recover older configurations with one click. In addition, device bandwidth and utilization charts simplify the process of correlating configuration changes to performance. This speeds up troubleshooting and provides valuable information for network optimization and capacity planning. ProSight WAN Watch also runs ongoing configuration analysis based on comparison to leading practices and identifies potential problems.
ProSight WAN Watch leverages cloud-based resources to minimize the cost and hassle of network monitoring and management. On-premises agent software collects device and performance data via standard communications protocols such as ICMP, MDNS, SMB, SNMP, SSH, Telnet, TFTP and UPnP. The gathered information is periodically sent to ProSight WAN Watch cloud servers using an SSL-encrypted web socket with certificate authentication. Device credentials and configuration data shared with ProSight WAN Watch are stored in the cloud using AES-128 encryption. No traffic content, such as email messages, can be read by the ProSight WAN Watch cloud servers, so your sensitive corporate and private data stay secure. The network diagrams, device profiles and visualizations of network data available via the ProSight WAN Watch dashboard are accessible to authorized users only via a secure login to a web browser.
ProSight WAN Watch servers are hosted in the Amazon cloud, which offers an abundance of security features such as electronic surveillance, multi-factor access control systems, 24x7 staffing by trained security guards, ISO 28001 and 9001 certifications, and regular SOC 1 audits. In comparison to an on-premises architecture, the SaaS model employed by ProSight WAN Watch significantly reduces the cost of setup and operations, avoids maintenance overhead, allows on-demand access to limitless storage and processing capacity, and delivers world-class levels of availability and recoverability.
Download Progent's ProSight WAN Watch: Network Infrastructure Remote Monitoring and Management Datasheet
To view or download Progent's ProSight WAN Watch infrastructure RMM services datasheet, click:
Progent's ProSight WAN Watch Infrastructure Monitoring Services Datasheet. (PDF - 88 KB)
How Progent Can Help You with ProSight WAN Watch
Progent can set up ProSight WAN Watch and use the platform for remotely monitoring and troubleshooting your network infrastructure. You can outsource all your network monitoring and management activities to Progent's experts or you can co-source these services by using Progent for occasional IT consulting and troubleshooting. Progent can provide high-level support for the network infrastructure, servers, virtual machines, endpoints, and services that can be monitored by ProSight WAN Watch. As an example, Progent maintains a large team of Cisco CCIE-certified network infrastructure consultants who can deliver online or onsite support for all of Cisco's network devices and management software. Progent can also provide the service of a certified VMware VCDX consultant to help you design, configure, manage and troubleshoot a vSphere-based virtualization solution.
With 20 years of background providing remote IT monitoring and management services across the U.S., and with a team of over 100 network consultants and subject matter experts, Progent has the breadth and depth of experience to make sure your ProSight WAN Watch deployment delivers maximum business value.
ProSight Network Audit Basic: Low-cost Network Health Audit with Active Directory (AD) Cleanup Report
ProSight WAN Watch is the remote monitoring and management tool that drives Progent's ProSight Network Audit Basic service. This fast and affordable network health review offers an unbiased assessment on how closely the current configuration of your essential network components follows leading practices. The audit comes with a valuable Active Directory (AD) Cleanup report to help you straighten out one of the most important and neglected areas of small businesses network management. The audit also includes one year of Progent's ProSight WAN Watch managed service. To find out more about ProSight Network Audit Basic, see ProSight Network Audit Basic.
Other ProSight Managed Services Offered by Progent
In addition to ProSight WAN Watch, Progent's ProSight line of infrastructure management services includes other low-cost remote monitoring and management services that cover various key facets of your information network including endpoint security, backup and disaster recovery, email content filtering, server and desktop monitoring, virtual machine hosting, and IT documentation management. Partnerships with top RMM technology providers allow Progent to offer small and medium-size businesses the advantages of the same cutting-edge monitoring and management technology used by major enterprises.
Managed services available from Progent include:
Download Progent's 10 Benefits of Managed IT Services White Paper
- ProSight Active Security Monitoring: Endpoint Protection and Ransomware Defense
Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring is an endpoint protection (EPP) service that incorporates next generation behavior analysis technology to guard physical and virtual endpoints against new malware assaults like ransomware and file-less exploits, which easily get by legacy signature-matching anti-virus tools. ProSight Active Security Monitoring safeguards local and cloud resources and provides a single platform to address the complete malware attack lifecycle including protection, infiltration detection, containment, cleanup, and post-attack forensics. Top capabilities include single-click rollback using Windows VSS and real-time system-wide immunization against newly discovered threats. Read more about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery.
- ProSight Enhanced Security Protection: Physical and Virtual Endpoint Security and Exchange Filtering
Progent's ProSight Enhanced Security Protection (ESP) services deliver affordable multi-layer security for physical servers and virtual machines, workstations, smartphones, and Exchange Server. ProSight ESP utilizes contextual security and modern behavior analysis for continuously monitoring and reacting to cyber threats from all vectors. ProSight ESP delivers firewall protection, penetration alerts, endpoint control, and web filtering through cutting-edge tools incorporated within one agent accessible from a unified control. Progent's security and virtualization consultants can help you to plan and configure a ProSight ESP deployment that addresses your organization's unique needs and that allows you achieve and demonstrate compliance with legal and industry data protection regulations. Progent will assist you specify and configure security policies that ProSight ESP will enforce, and Progent will monitor your IT environment and react to alerts that call for urgent action. Progent's consultants can also help you to set up and test a backup and restore solution such as ProSight Data Protection Services so you can get back in business quickly from a potentially disastrous security attack such as ransomware. Find out more about Progent's ProSight Enhanced Security Protection unified physical and virtual endpoint protection and Microsoft Exchange email filtering.
- ProSight Data Protection Services: Managed Backup and Disaster Recovery
ProSight Data Protection Services provide small and medium-sized organizations a low cost and fully managed solution for secure backup/disaster recovery (BDR). Available at a low monthly price, ProSight Data Protection Services automates and monitors your backup activities and enables fast recovery of vital files, apps and VMs that have become unavailable or corrupted due to hardware failures, software bugs, natural disasters, human error, or malware attacks such as ransomware. ProSight DPS can help you back up, retrieve and restore files, folders, applications, system images, as well as Hyper-V and VMware images/. Critical data can be protected on the cloud, to a local device, or to both. Progent's cloud backup consultants can deliver advanced expertise to set up ProSight Data Protection Services to to comply with regulatory requirements like HIPPA, FIRPA, PCI and Safe Harbor and, when necessary, can assist you to recover your critical data. Find out more about ProSight Data Protection Services Managed Cloud Backup.
- ProSight Email Guard: Inbound and Outbound Spam Filtering and Data Leakage Protection
ProSight Email Guard is Progent's spam and virus filtering and email encryption service that uses the technology of top data security vendors to provide centralized management and comprehensive security for all your inbound and outbound email. The hybrid structure of Progent's Email Guard managed service integrates cloud-based filtering with a local security gateway device to offer advanced defense against spam, viruses, Denial of Service (DoS) Attacks, Directory Harvest Attacks (DHAs), and other email-based malware. The Cloud Protection Layer acts as a first line of defense and keeps the vast majority of threats from making it to your security perimeter. This decreases your exposure to inbound threats and conserves network bandwidth and storage space. Email Guard's onsite security gateway device provides a deeper layer of analysis for incoming email. For outbound email, the on-premises gateway offers AV and anti-spam filtering, policy-based Data Loss Prevention, and email encryption. The local gateway can also help Microsoft Exchange Server to monitor and protect internal email traffic that stays inside your corporate firewall. For more details, see ProSight Email Guard spam and content filtering.
- ProSight LAN Watch: Server and Desktop Monitoring and Management
ProSight LAN Watch is Progentís server and desktop monitoring service that incorporates state-of-the-art remote monitoring and management technology to help keep your IT system operating at peak levels by checking the state of critical computers that drive your information system. When ProSight LAN Watch uncovers an issue, an alarm is transmitted immediately to your designated IT management personnel and your assigned Progent engineering consultant so that any looming issues can be addressed before they have a chance to disrupt productivity. Find out more details about ProSight LAN Watch server and desktop monitoring consulting.
- ProSight Virtual Hosting: Hosted Virtual Machines at Progent's World-class Data Center
With ProSight Virtual Hosting service, a small business can have its critical servers and apps hosted in a protected Tier III data center on a fast virtual machine host set up and managed by Progent's IT support professionals. Under Progent's ProSight Virtual Hosting model, the customer retains ownership of the data, the OS software, and the applications. Because the system is virtualized, it can be ported easily to a different hosting environment without requiring a time-consuming and technically risky reinstallation procedure. With ProSight Virtual Hosting, you are not locked into one hosting service. Learn more about ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
- ProSight IT Asset Management: Network Documentation Management
ProSight IT Asset Management service is an IT infrastructure documentation management service that makes it easy to capture, maintain, find and protect information related to your network infrastructure, processes, applications, and services. You can instantly find passwords or IP addresses and be alerted automatically about impending expirations of SSLs or domains. By updating and organizing your network documentation, you can save as much as half of time wasted searching for vital information about your IT network. ProSight IT Asset Management features a common repository for storing and collaborating on all documents required for managing your business network such as standard operating procedures and self-service instructions. ProSight IT Asset Management also offers advanced automation for collecting and associating IT information. Whether youíre making improvements, performing regular maintenance, or reacting to a crisis, ProSight IT Asset Management delivers the data you need the instant you need it. Find out more about ProSight IT Asset Management service.
To download a white paper explaining why managed services are rapidly takingthe place of the traditional break/fix model of network support for small and mid-size businesses, click:
10 Benefits of Managed IT Services. (PDF - 710 KB)
ProSight Network Audits
Progent's ProSight Network Audits offer a fast and low-cost way for small and medium-size businesses to obtain an unbiased evaluation of the health of their information system. Powered by some of the top remote monitoring and management (RMM) tools in the industry, and supervised by Progent's world-class team of information technology experts, ProSight Network Audits help you see how well the deployment of your core infrastructure devices adhere to industry best practices. The Basic and Advanced versions of ProSight Network Audit services are offered at a low, one-time cost and deliver immediate ROI such as a cleaner Active Directory (AD) environment. Both also include one year of advanced remote network monitoring and management. Benefits can include easier network management, improved compliance with information security standards, more efficient utilization of IT assets, quicker problem resolution, more reliable backup and recovery, and higher availability. See more about Progent's ProSight Network Audits network infrastructure review.
Progent's ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report
The ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report is a low-cost service based on a brief phone interview with a Progent backup/recovery expert. The interview is designed to help evaluate your company's ability to block ransomware or recover rapidly following an assault by a ransomware variant like Ryuk, WannaCry, MongoLock, or Hermes. Progent will work with you directly to collect information concerning your current security profile and backup/recovery system, and Progent will then deliver a written Basic Security and Best Practices Report document describing how you can apply best practices to build a cost-effective security and backup/recovery system that reduces your vulnerability to a ransomware attack and aligns with your company's needs. For details, see Progent's ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report.
Additional Value-priced Service Packages Available from Progent
Specially priced service bundles available from Progent to help you achieve and prove compliance with regulatory and industry security standards include security vulnerability assessment and stealth penetration testing. Progent also offers expert disaster recovery planning consulting and business continuity planning consulting to help ensure you can return to operations quickly in case of a catastrophic failure due to a natural disaster, fire, cyber attack, human error, equipment breakdown, or any other foreseeable disruptive event.
Contact Progent to Find Out More about ProSight WAN Watch RMM Services
For pricing information and to learn more about how ProSight WAN Watch services can cut management costs and increase network uptime and performance, call Progent at 800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.