Progentís ProSight WAN Watch is a cloud-based network infrastructure management service that makes it easy and affordable for small and mid-sized businesses to map, monitor, optimize and troubleshoot their networking devices like routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers and other so-called "packet pushers" that constitute the heart of your network. Using state-of-the-art Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) technology, ProSight WAN Watch keeps network maps updated in real time, captures and manages the configuration of virtually all devices on your network, monitors performance, and generates alerts when issues are detected. By automating time-consuming management tasks, ProSight WAN Watch can shave hours off the drudgery of common procedures such as reconfiguring or expanding your network, finding appliances that require critical updates, or isolating performance bottlenecks.
If you use Progent's IT services team to manage or troubleshoot your network infrastructure, ProSight WAN Watch allows the experts at Progent's Technical Response Center (TRC) to view an accurate map of your complete network infrastructure and drill down to component details to resolve issues quickly. Whether you need to know which access point is being used by a smartphone or which switch a server is connected to, instant and accurate network mapping can save hours of support costs and network downtime. ProSight WAN Watch also integrates seamlessly with Progent's enterprise-class support system by synchronizing network alerts to TRC tickets, ensuring that any problems will be addressed quickly and resolved efficiently.
ProSight WAN Watch creates network maps in real time for performance management and troubleshooting
Features of ProSight WAN Watch
ProSight WAN Watch provides a wealth of features for delivering world-class network infrastructure RMM capabilities to small and mid-size organizations at an easily affordable price. These features cover network topology and asset inventory, configuration management, advanced network monitoring and alerts, troubleshooting, and performance analysis.
Understanding Network Infrastructure
ProSight WAN Watch provides best-of-breed visibility into network infrastructure with features that include automated topology mapping, device inventory, and network documentation plus filtered map searching, IP address management, and password management.
Infrastructure Monitoring and Tracking
- Automated Mapping is accomplished by gathering CDP and LLDP data along with forwarding tables to model a Layer 1 network diagram and building Layer 2 and Layer 3 visualizations from ARP tables, IP assignments, VLAN associations, and inferential algorithms. Accurate network maps can be created in minutes, changes are automatically added in real time, and maps can be exported and shared. ProSight WAN Watch can identify more than 7,000 different devices from over 230 manufacturers. Devices that can be monitored by WAN Watch include routers, switches, firewalls, Wi-Fi controllers, load balancers, packet processors, servers, Wi-Fi access points, workstations, phones, tablets, hubs, network storage, printers, copiers, hypervisors, virtual appliances, unmanaged switches, bridges, power supplies, telecommunications, and chassis.
- Inventory Automation collects detailed information on every device attached to a network. This includes device make and model, working status, IP addresses, and network associations. From the dashboard map you can drill down on any device to see a full profile as well as charts and graphs plus key performance indicators (KPIs).
ProSight WAN Watch automatically profiles and catalogs every device on a network
- IP Address Management eliminates manually maintained IP address inventory and device-by-device discovery by displaying all the IP addresses used in a selected subnet and the devices that use them.
- Password Management avoids the hassles associated with trying to remember or locate credentials for various network devices. ProSight WAN Watch allows you to enter device credentials one time. Passwords are then encrypted and securely stored and automatically authenticated on log-in.
ProSight WAN Watch continually monitors devices, services and network performance, automatically generates alerts when network health falls below defined thresholds, and collects and organizes meaningful data to help you maintain and optimize your network.
- Alerts notify specified personnel when WAN Watch detects issues such as devices going offline, traffic spikes, or packet errors. Dozens of preconfigured alerts are included and you can modify them or create custom alerts.
- Service Monitoring automatically detects the availability and status of critical services running across the network such as HTTP, MySQL, and Active Directory. Dozens of services are set up for monitoring out of the box, and you can define your own custom services. You can also drill down to see which services are running on a specific device and which ports are used. When a monitored service stops working, WAN Watch generates an alert so you can begin remediation immediately.
- Device-relevant Data allows WAN Watch dashboards to provide information appropriate for the devices being monitored, such as ink cartridge levels for a printer or remaining battery capacity for a UPS. Device-specific data can be detected for a broad range of computers and network appliances including virtual machines, Windows and Linux servers and endpoints, VMware hypervisors, printers, universal power supplies, stackable switches, wireless LAN controllers and Wi-Fi access points.
- Performance and Health Stats allow you to understand and optimize network performance by charting traffic flow, bandwidth availability and utilization, packet loss concentrations, and other key parameters. Per-minute statistics are collected for each interface and aggregated over devices, subnets, and VLAN networks to provide the information you need for effective load balancing, traffic shaping and capacity planning.
- Historic Performance Data are stored in the cloud indefinitely so you can detect performance trends for timeframes that can range from hours to years. A calendar picker makes it easy to select time intervals for troubleshooting, analysis, forensics, planning or reporting.
ProSight WAN Watch lets you pick any timeframe for analysis, troubleshooting, planning or reporting
A great benefit of ProSight WAN Watch is its ability to streamline the troubleshooting process. This directly cuts the cost of technical support and, more importantly, reduces network downtime.
Cloud-based Remote Monitoring and Management with Enterprise-class Security
- Network Evidence is a feature of the ProSight WAN Watch dashboard that displays where a device has been seen throughout the network. This allows you to avoid the time-consuming process of manually logging into each device and searching for an IP address.
- Pooled Debugging Data is another useful troubleshooting feature that automatically consolidates ARP tables, FDB tables, and listed routes. The addition of smart filters lets you quickly turn masses of raw data into useful intelligence. Pooled Debugging Data replaces the laborious process of using command line interfaces (CLIs) to query devices individually.
ProSight WAN Watch streamlines troubleshooting by consolidating and filtering debugging data
- Configuration Management and Analysis tools available with ProSight WAN Watch include automatic discovery of all networked devices, capture and documentation of all active configurations, and logging of configuration change history. You can recover older configurations with one click. In addition, device bandwidth and utilization charts simplify the process of correlating configuration changes to performance. This speeds up troubleshooting and provides valuable information for network optimization and capacity planning. ProSight WAN Watch also runs ongoing configuration analysis based on comparison to leading practices and identifies potential problems.
ProSight WAN Watch leverages cloud-based resources to minimize the cost and hassle of network monitoring and management. On-premises agent software collects device and performance data via standard communications protocols such as ICMP, MDNS, SMB, SNMP, SSH, Telnet, TFTP and UPnP. The gathered information is periodically sent to ProSight WAN Watch cloud servers using an SSL-encrypted web socket with certificate authentication. Device credentials and configuration data shared with ProSight WAN Watch are stored in the cloud using AES-128 encryption. No traffic content, such as email messages, can be read by the ProSight WAN Watch cloud servers, so your sensitive corporate and private data stay secure. The network diagrams, device profiles and visualizations of network data available via the ProSight WAN Watch dashboard are accessible to authorized users only via a secure login to a web browser.
ProSight WAN Watch servers are hosted in the Amazon cloud, which offers an abundance of security features such as electronic surveillance, multi-factor access control systems, 24x7 staffing by trained security guards, ISO 28001 and 9001 certifications, and regular SOC 1 audits. In comparison to an on-premises architecture, the SaaS model employed by ProSight WAN Watch significantly reduces the cost of setup and operations, avoids maintenance overhead, allows on-demand access to limitless storage and processing capacity, and delivers world-class levels of availability and recoverability.
Download Progent's ProSight WAN Watch: Network Infrastructure Remote Monitoring and Management Datasheet
To view or download Progent's ProSight WAN Watch infrastructure RMM services datasheet, click:
Progent's ProSight WAN Watch Infrastructure Monitoring Services Datasheet. (PDF - 88 KB)
How Progent Can Help You with ProSight WAN Watch
Progent can set up ProSight WAN Watch and use the platform for remotely monitoring and troubleshooting your network infrastructure. You can outsource all your network monitoring and management activities to Progent's experts or you can co-source these services by using Progent for occasional IT consulting and troubleshooting. Progent can provide high-level support for the network infrastructure, servers, virtual machines, endpoints, and services that can be monitored by ProSight WAN Watch. As an example, Progent maintains a large team of Cisco CCIE-certified network infrastructure consultants who can deliver online or onsite support for all of Cisco's network devices and management software. Progent can also provide the service of a certified VMware VCDX consultant to help you design, configure, manage and troubleshoot a vSphere-based virtualization solution.
With 20 years of background providing remote IT monitoring and management services across the U.S., and with a team of over 100 network consultants and subject matter experts, Progent has the breadth and depth of experience to make sure your ProSight WAN Watch deployment delivers maximum business value.
ProSight Network Audit Basic: Low-cost Network Health Audit with Active Directory (AD) Cleanup Report
ProSight WAN Watch is the remote monitoring and management tool that drives Progent's ProSight Network Audit Basic service. This fast and affordable network health review offers an unbiased assessment on how closely the current configuration of your essential network components follows leading practices. The audit comes with a valuable Active Directory (AD) Cleanup report to help you straighten out one of the most important and neglected areas of small businesses network management. The audit also includes one year of Progent's ProSight WAN Watch managed service. To find out more about ProSight Network Audit Basic, see ProSight Network Audit Basic.
Other ProSight Managed Services Offered by Progent
In addition to ProSight WAN Watch, Progent's ProSight line of infrastructure management services includes other low-cost remote monitoring and management services that cover various key facets of your information network including endpoint security, backup and disaster recovery, email content filtering, server and desktop monitoring, virtual machine hosting, and IT documentation management. Partnerships with top RMM technology providers allow Progent to offer small and medium-size businesses the advantages of the same cutting-edge monitoring and management technology used by major enterprises.
Managed services available from Progent include:
Download Progent's 10 Benefits of Managed IT Services White Paper
- ProSight Active Security Monitoring: Endpoint Protection and Ransomware Defense
ProSight Active Security Monitoring is an endpoint protection (EPP) service that incorporates cutting edge behavior analysis technology to guard physical and virtual endpoints against new malware assaults like ransomware and email phishing, which easily evade traditional signature-matching anti-virus products. ProSight ASM protects on-premises and cloud resources and offers a single platform to automate the complete threat progression including protection, identification, mitigation, remediation, and forensics. Top capabilities include one-click rollback using Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) and real-time network-wide immunization against new threats. Read more about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware defense.
- ProSight Enhanced Security Protection (ESP): Physical and Virtual Endpoint Protection and Microsoft Exchange Email Filtering
Progent's ProSight Enhanced Security Protection managed services deliver affordable multi-layer security for physical servers and virtual machines, desktops, smartphones, and Microsoft Exchange. ProSight ESP utilizes contextual security and advanced machine learning for round-the-clock monitoring and reacting to cyber assaults from all attack vectors. ProSight ESP provides firewall protection, penetration alerts, device management, and web filtering through leading-edge technologies packaged within a single agent managed from a unified control. Progent's data protection and virtualization consultants can help you to design and implement a ProSight ESP environment that meets your organization's specific needs and that helps you achieve and demonstrate compliance with legal and industry data protection standards. Progent will assist you specify and implement policies that ProSight ESP will manage, and Progent will monitor your network and respond to alerts that call for immediate action. Progent can also assist your company to install and verify a backup and restore system such as ProSight Data Protection Services so you can recover quickly from a potentially disastrous cyber attack like ransomware. Read more about Progent's ProSight Enhanced Security Protection (ESP) unified physical and virtual endpoint security and Microsoft Exchange email filtering.
- ProSight Data Protection Services: Managed Backup and Recovery
ProSight Data Protection Services provide small and medium-sized businesses an affordable end-to-end solution for secure backup/disaster recovery (BDR). Available at a low monthly price, ProSight Data Protection Services automates and monitors your backup activities and enables rapid recovery of critical data, apps and virtual machines that have become lost or damaged due to component breakdowns, software glitches, disasters, human mistakes, or malware attacks such as ransomware. ProSight Data Protection Services can help you protect, recover and restore files, folders, apps, system images, plus Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware images/. Important data can be protected on the cloud, to a local storage device, or mirrored to both. Progent's cloud backup specialists can deliver world-class expertise to set up ProSight Data Protection Services to be compliant with regulatory standards like HIPPA, FIRPA, and PCI and, whenever necessary, can assist you to recover your business-critical data. Learn more about ProSight DPS Managed Backup and Recovery.
- ProSight Email Guard: Inbound and Outbound Spam Filtering and Data Leakage Protection
ProSight Email Guard is Progent's spam filtering service that uses the technology of top data security vendors to provide centralized management and comprehensive security for all your inbound and outbound email. The powerful architecture of Progent's Email Guard combines a Cloud Protection Layer with a local gateway appliance to provide complete protection against spam, viruses, Denial of Service (DoS) Attacks, Directory Harvest Attacks, and other email-based malware. Email Guard's Cloud Protection Layer acts as a first line of defense and keeps most unwanted email from reaching your network firewall. This decreases your vulnerability to inbound attacks and conserves network bandwidth and storage. Email Guard's on-premises gateway device provides a deeper level of inspection for incoming email. For outgoing email, the local security gateway offers anti-virus and anti-spam filtering, protection against data leaks, and email encryption. The local gateway can also assist Microsoft Exchange Server to track and protect internal email traffic that stays within your corporate firewall. For more details, visit Email Guard spam and content filtering.
- ProSight LAN Watch: Server and Desktop Remote Monitoring and Management
ProSight LAN Watch is Progentís server and desktop remote monitoring managed service that incorporates advanced remote monitoring and management (RMM) technology to keep your network operating at peak levels by tracking the health of critical assets that power your information system. When ProSight LAN Watch uncovers an issue, an alert is transmitted immediately to your designated IT staff and your assigned Progent consultant so any potential problems can be resolved before they can disrupt productivity. Find out more about ProSight LAN Watch server and desktop monitoring consulting.
- ProSight Virtual Hosting: Hosted Virtual Machines at Progent's World-class Data Center
With ProSight Virtual Hosting service, a small organization can have its critical servers and applications hosted in a protected fault tolerant data center on a high-performance virtual machine host set up and managed by Progent's IT support experts. With the ProSight Virtual Hosting service model, the client owns the data, the OS software, and the apps. Because the environment is virtualized, it can be ported easily to an alternate hardware environment without a time-consuming and difficult configuration procedure. With ProSight Virtual Hosting, you are not locked into a single hosting provider. Learn more details about ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
- ProSight IT Asset Management: Network Documentation Management
Progent's ProSight IT Asset Management service is a cloud-based IT documentation management service that allows you to create, maintain, find and safeguard data about your IT infrastructure, procedures, applications, and services. You can quickly locate passwords or serial numbers and be warned automatically about impending expirations of SSL certificates or warranties. By cleaning up and organizing your network documentation, you can eliminate up to half of time thrown away searching for vital information about your network. ProSight IT Asset Management includes a common repository for storing and collaborating on all documents required for managing your network infrastructure such as standard operating procedures and How-To's. ProSight IT Asset Management also offers a high level of automation for collecting and relating IT information. Whether youíre making improvements, performing regular maintenance, or reacting to an emergency, ProSight IT Asset Management delivers the information you require the instant you need it. Find out more about ProSight IT Asset Management service.
To download a white paper explaining why managed services are rapidly replacing the old break/fix model of network support outsourcing for small and mid-size companies, click:
10 Benefits of Managed IT Services. (PDF - 710 KB)
ProSight Network Audits
Progent's ProSight Network Audits offer a fast and low-cost way for small and mid-size organizations to get an objective assessment of the health of their IT system. Based on a selection of the leading remote monitoring and management platforms available, and supervised by Progent's world-class group of IT professionals, ProSight Network Audits show you how closely the configuration of your core infrastructure assets conform to industry best practices. The Basic and Advanced versions of ProSight Network Audit services are available at a budget-friendly, one-time cost and provide immediate ROI such as a cleaner Active Directory environment. Both versions also come with one year of advanced remote network monitoring and management. Benefits can include lower-cost management, improved compliance with government and industry security requirements, more efficient utilization of network resources, faster troubleshooting, more dependable backup and recovery, and increased uptime. See more about ProSight Network Audits network infrastructure review.
The ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report Service
The ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report is an affordable service based on a brief phone interview with a Progent backup/recovery consultant. The interview is designed to evaluate your company's ability to block ransomware or recover quickly after an assault by a ransomware strain such as Ryuk, WannaCry, NotPetya, or Hermes. Progent will work with you personally to collect information concerning your current antivirus tools and backup/recovery system, and Progent will then produce a custom Basic Security and Best Practices Report document describing how you can apply industry best practices to create a cost-effective AV and backup environment that minimizes your exposure to ransomware and meets your company's requirements. For additional information, refer to The ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report.
Additional Value-priced Service Packages Available from Progent
Specially priced service bundles available from Progent to help you achieve and prove compliance with regulatory and industry security standards include security vulnerability assessment and stealth penetration testing. Progent also offers expert disaster recovery planning consulting and business continuity planning consulting to help ensure you can return to operations quickly in case of a catastrophic failure due to a natural disaster, fire, cyber attack, human error, equipment breakdown, or any other foreseeable disruptive event.
Contact Progent to Find Out More about ProSight WAN Watch RMM Services
For pricing information and to learn more about how ProSight WAN Watch services can cut management costs and increase network uptime and performance, call Progent at 800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.