Progent's ProSight WAN Watch is a cloud-based network infrastructure management service that makes it easy and affordable for small and mid-sized businesses to map, monitor, optimize and troubleshoot their networking devices like routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers and other so-called "packet pushers" that constitute the heart of your network. Using state-of-the-art Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) technology, ProSight WAN Watch keeps network maps updated in real time, captures and manages the configuration of virtually all devices on your network, monitors performance, and generates alerts when issues are detected. By automating time-consuming management tasks, ProSight WAN Watch can shave hours off the drudgery of common procedures such as reconfiguring or expanding your network, finding appliances that require critical updates, or isolating performance bottlenecks.
If you use Progent's IT services team to manage or troubleshoot your network infrastructure, ProSight WAN Watch allows the experts at Progent's Technical Response Center (TRC) to view an accurate map of your complete network infrastructure and drill down to component details to resolve issues quickly. Whether you need to know which access point is being used by a smartphone or which switch a server is connected to, instant and accurate network mapping can save hours of support costs and network downtime. ProSight WAN Watch also integrates seamlessly with Progent's enterprise-class support system by synchronizing network alerts to TRC tickets, ensuring that any problems will be addressed quickly and resolved efficiently.
ProSight WAN Watch creates network maps in real time for performance management and troubleshooting
Features of ProSight WAN Watch
ProSight WAN Watch provides a wealth of features for delivering world-class network infrastructure RMM capabilities to small and mid-size organizations at an easily affordable price. These features cover network topology and asset inventory, configuration management, advanced network monitoring and alerts, troubleshooting, and performance analysis.
Understanding Network Infrastructure
ProSight WAN Watch provides best-of-breed visibility into network infrastructure with features that include automated topology mapping, device inventory, and network documentation plus filtered map searching, IP address management, and password management.
Infrastructure Monitoring and Tracking
- Automated Mapping is accomplished by gathering CDP and LLDP data along with forwarding tables to model a Layer 1 network diagram and building Layer 2 and Layer 3 visualizations from ARP tables, IP assignments, VLAN associations, and inferential algorithms. Accurate network maps can be created in minutes, changes are automatically added in real time, and maps can be exported and shared. ProSight WAN Watch can identify more than 7,000 different devices from over 230 manufacturers. Devices that can be monitored by WAN Watch include routers, switches, firewalls, Wi-Fi controllers, load balancers, packet processors, servers, Wi-Fi access points, workstations, phones, tablets, hubs, network storage, printers, copiers, hypervisors, virtual appliances, unmanaged switches, bridges, power supplies, telecommunications, and chassis.
- Inventory Automation collects detailed information on every device attached to a network. This includes device make and model, working status, IP addresses, and network associations. From the dashboard map you can drill down on any device to see a full profile as well as charts and graphs plus key performance indicators (KPIs).
ProSight WAN Watch automatically profiles and catalogs every device on a network
- IP Address Management eliminates manually maintained IP address inventory and device-by-device discovery by displaying all the IP addresses used in a selected subnet and the devices that use them.
- Password Management avoids the hassles associated with trying to remember or locate credentials for various network devices. ProSight WAN Watch allows you to enter device credentials one time. Passwords are then encrypted and securely stored and automatically authenticated on log-in.
ProSight WAN Watch continually monitors devices, services and network performance, automatically generates alerts when network health falls below defined thresholds, and collects and organizes meaningful data to help you maintain and optimize your network.
- Alerts notify specified personnel when WAN Watch detects issues such as devices going offline, traffic spikes, or packet errors. Dozens of preconfigured alerts are included and you can modify them or create custom alerts.
- Service Monitoring automatically detects the availability and status of critical services running across the network such as HTTP, MySQL, and Active Directory. Dozens of services are set up for monitoring out of the box, and you can define your own custom services. You can also drill down to see which services are running on a specific device and which ports are used. When a monitored service stops working, WAN Watch generates an alert so you can begin remediation immediately.
- Device-relevant Data allows WAN Watch dashboards to provide information appropriate for the devices being monitored, such as ink cartridge levels for a printer or remaining battery capacity for a UPS. Device-specific data can be detected for a broad range of computers and network appliances including virtual machines, Windows and Linux servers and endpoints, VMware hypervisors, printers, universal power supplies, stackable switches, wireless LAN controllers and Wi-Fi access points.
- Performance and Health Stats allow you to understand and optimize network performance by charting traffic flow, bandwidth availability and utilization, packet loss concentrations, and other key parameters. Per-minute statistics are collected for each interface and aggregated over devices, subnets, and VLAN networks to provide the information you need for effective load balancing, traffic shaping and capacity planning.
- Historic Performance Data are stored in the cloud indefinitely so you can detect performance trends for timeframes that can range from hours to years. A calendar picker makes it easy to select time intervals for troubleshooting, analysis, forensics, planning or reporting.
ProSight WAN Watch lets you pick any timeframe for analysis, troubleshooting, planning or reporting
A great benefit of ProSight WAN Watch is its ability to streamline the troubleshooting process. This directly cuts the cost of technical support and, more importantly, reduces network downtime.
Cloud-based Remote Monitoring and Management with Enterprise-class Security
- Network Evidence is a feature of the ProSight WAN Watch dashboard that displays where a device has been seen throughout the network. This allows you to avoid the time-consuming process of manually logging into each device and searching for an IP address.
- Pooled Debugging Data is another useful troubleshooting feature that automatically consolidates ARP tables, FDB tables, and listed routes. The addition of smart filters lets you quickly turn masses of raw data into useful intelligence. Pooled Debugging Data replaces the laborious process of using command line interfaces (CLIs) to query devices individually.
ProSight WAN Watch streamlines troubleshooting by consolidating and filtering debugging data
- Configuration Management and Analysis tools available with ProSight WAN Watch include automatic discovery of all networked devices, capture and documentation of all active configurations, and logging of configuration change history. You can recover older configurations with one click. In addition, device bandwidth and utilization charts simplify the process of correlating configuration changes to performance. This speeds up troubleshooting and provides valuable information for network optimization and capacity planning. ProSight WAN Watch also runs ongoing configuration analysis based on comparison to leading practices and identifies potential problems.
ProSight WAN Watch leverages cloud-based resources to minimize the cost and hassle of network monitoring and management. On-premises agent software collects device and performance data via standard communications protocols such as ICMP, MDNS, SMB, SNMP, SSH, Telnet, TFTP and UPnP. The gathered information is periodically sent to ProSight WAN Watch cloud servers using an SSL-encrypted web socket with certificate authentication. Device credentials and configuration data shared with ProSight WAN Watch are stored in the cloud using AES-128 encryption. No traffic content, such as email messages, can be read by the ProSight WAN Watch cloud servers, so your sensitive corporate and private data stay secure. The network diagrams, device profiles and visualizations of network data available via the ProSight WAN Watch dashboard are accessible to authorized users only via a secure login to a web browser.
ProSight WAN Watch servers are hosted in the Amazon cloud, which offers an abundance of security features such as electronic surveillance, multi-factor access control systems, 24x7 staffing by trained security guards, ISO 28001 and 9001 certifications, and regular SOC 1 audits. In comparison to an on-premises architecture, the SaaS model employed by ProSight WAN Watch significantly reduces the cost of setup and operations, avoids maintenance overhead, allows on-demand access to limitless storage and processing capacity, and delivers world-class levels of availability and recoverability.
Download Progent's ProSight WAN Watch: Network Infrastructure Remote Monitoring and Management Datasheet
To view or download Progent's ProSight WAN Watch infrastructure RMM services datasheet, click:
Progent's ProSight WAN Watch Infrastructure Monitoring Services Datasheet. (PDF - 88 KB)
How Progent Can Help You with ProSight WAN Watch
Progent can set up ProSight WAN Watch and use the platform for remotely monitoring and troubleshooting your network infrastructure. You can outsource all your network monitoring and management activities to Progent's experts or you can co-source these services by using Progent for occasional IT consulting and troubleshooting. Progent can provide high-level support for the network infrastructure, servers, virtual machines, endpoints, and services that can be monitored by ProSight WAN Watch. As an example, Progent maintains a large team of Cisco CCIE-certified network infrastructure consultants who can deliver online or onsite support for all of Cisco's network devices and management software. Progent can also provide the service of a certified VMware VCDX consultant to help you design, configure, manage and troubleshoot a vSphere-based virtualization solution.
With 20 years of background providing remote IT monitoring and management services across the U.S., and with a team of over 100 network consultants and subject matter experts, Progent has the breadth and depth of experience to make sure your ProSight WAN Watch deployment delivers maximum business value.
ProSight Network Audit Basic: Low-cost Network Health Audit with Active Directory (AD) Cleanup Report
ProSight WAN Watch is the remote monitoring and management tool that drives Progent's ProSight Network Audit Basic service. This fast and affordable network health review offers an unbiased assessment on how closely the current configuration of your essential network components follows leading practices. The audit comes with a valuable Active Directory (AD) Cleanup report to help you straighten out one of the most important and neglected areas of small businesses network management. The audit also includes one year of Progent's ProSight WAN Watch managed service. To find out more about ProSight Network Audit Basic, see ProSight Network Audit Basic.
Other ProSight Managed Services Offered by Progent
In addition to ProSight WAN Watch, Progent's ProSight line of infrastructure management services includes other low-cost remote monitoring and management services that cover various key facets of your information network including endpoint security, backup and disaster recovery, email content filtering, server and desktop monitoring, virtual machine hosting, and IT documentation management. Partnerships with top RMM technology providers allow Progent to offer small and medium-size businesses the advantages of the same cutting-edge monitoring and management technology used by major enterprises.
Managed services available from Progent include:
Download Progent's 10 Benefits of Managed IT Services White Paper
- ProSight Active Security Monitoring: Endpoint Protection and Ransomware Defense
ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) is an endpoint protection service that utilizes SentinelOne's next generation behavior analysis tools to defend physical and virtual endpoints against modern malware assaults like ransomware and email phishing, which routinely get by legacy signature-matching AV products. ProSight Active Security Monitoring safeguards local and cloud resources and provides a unified platform to address the complete malware attack lifecycle including filtering, infiltration detection, containment, cleanup, and post-attack forensics. Top features include one-click rollback using Windows VSS and real-time network-wide immunization against new attacks. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner. Learn more about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware defense.
- ProSight Enhanced Security Protection: Endpoint Security and Microsoft Exchange Email Filtering
Progent's ProSight Enhanced Security Protection (ESP) services offer economical in-depth protection for physical servers and VMs, desktops, mobile devices, and Exchange email. ProSight ESP uses contextual security and advanced machine learning for continuously monitoring and responding to security assaults from all vectors. ProSight ESP delivers two-way firewall protection, penetration alarms, endpoint management, and web filtering via cutting-edge tools packaged within one agent managed from a single console. Progent's data protection and virtualization experts can help your business to design and implement a ProSight ESP deployment that meets your company's unique requirements and that helps you prove compliance with legal and industry information security regulations. Progent will help you define and configure policies that ProSight ESP will enforce, and Progent will monitor your IT environment and react to alerts that require immediate attention. Progent can also help your company to set up and verify a backup and disaster recovery solution such as ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS) so you can get back in business rapidly from a destructive cyber attack like ransomware. Find out more about Progent's ProSight Enhanced Security Protection unified endpoint protection and Exchange email filtering.
- ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS): Managed Backup and Recovery Services
Progent has worked with leading backup software companies to produce ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a portfolio of subscription-based management offerings that provide backup-as-a-service (BaaS). ProSight DPS services manage and track your data backup processes and enable transparent backup and fast restoration of vital files/folders, apps, images, plus Hyper-V and VMware virtual machines. ProSight DPS helps your business recover from data loss caused by hardware failures, natural calamities, fire, cyber attacks such as ransomware, user mistakes, malicious employees, or software glitches. Managed backup services in the ProSight DPS product family include ProSight Ataro VM Backup, ProSight Ataro Office 365 Backup, ProSight DPS ECHO Backup based on Barracuda dedicated storage, and ProSight MSP360 Hybrid Backup. Your Progent expert can help you to identify which of these fully managed services are most appropriate for your network.
- ProSight Email Guard: Inbound and Outbound Spam Filtering and Data Leakage Protection
ProSight Email Guard is Progent's spam filtering service that incorporates the infrastructure of leading information security vendors to deliver web-based management and comprehensive protection for all your email traffic. The hybrid architecture of Progent's Email Guard managed service integrates cloud-based filtering with an on-premises security gateway appliance to provide advanced defense against spam, viruses, Dos Attacks, Directory Harvest Attacks (DHAs), and other email-based malware. Email Guard's Cloud Protection Layer serves as a first line of defense and blocks the vast majority of unwanted email from making it to your network firewall. This reduces your exposure to external attacks and conserves network bandwidth and storage space. Email Guard's on-premises gateway device provides a deeper layer of inspection for inbound email. For outbound email, the onsite gateway provides AV and anti-spam filtering, DLP, and email encryption. The onsite security gateway can also assist Microsoft Exchange Server to track and safeguard internal email traffic that stays inside your corporate firewall. For more details, visit ProSight Email Guard spam and content filtering.
- ProSight LAN Watch: Server and Desktop Monitoring
ProSight LAN Watch is Progent’s server and desktop remote monitoring service that uses state-of-the-art remote monitoring and management (RMM) techniques to keep your network operating efficiently by checking the state of critical computers that drive your information system. When ProSight LAN Watch uncovers an issue, an alert is sent immediately to your specified IT staff and your Progent consultant so all potential issues can be addressed before they can disrupt productivity. Find out more details about ProSight LAN Watch server and desktop remote monitoring services.
- ProSight Virtual Hosting: Hosted Virtual Machines at Progent's Tier III Data Center
With Progent's ProSight Virtual Hosting service, a small organization can have its key servers and applications hosted in a protected Tier III data center on a high-performance virtual machine host configured and maintained by Progent's network support professionals. Under Progent's ProSight Virtual Hosting model, the customer owns the data, the OS platforms, and the applications. Because the environment is virtualized, it can be moved easily to an alternate hosting solution without requiring a time-consuming and technically risky configuration procedure. With ProSight Virtual Hosting, your business is not tied one hosting provider. Find out more details about ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
- ProSight IT Asset Management: Network Documentation Management
ProSight IT Asset Management service is an IT infrastructure documentation management service that makes it easy to capture, update, retrieve and protect data related to your IT infrastructure, processes, business apps, and services. You can instantly find passwords or IP addresses and be alerted automatically about upcoming expirations of SSLs or warranties. By cleaning up and organizing your network documentation, you can eliminate up to 50% of time thrown away searching for vital information about your IT network. ProSight IT Asset Management includes a centralized location for storing and collaborating on all documents related to managing your network infrastructure such as recommended procedures and How-To's. ProSight IT Asset Management also supports a high level of automation for gathering and associating IT information. Whether you’re making enhancements, performing regular maintenance, or responding to a crisis, ProSight IT Asset Management gets you the knowledge you need the instant you need it. Read more about ProSight IT Asset Management service.
- Active Defense Against Ransomware: AI-based Ransomware Detection and Remediation
Progent's Active Protection Against Ransomware is an endpoint protection (EPP) solution that utilizes cutting edge behavior analysis tools to guard endpoint devices as well as servers and VMs against modern malware attacks such as ransomware and email phishing, which routinely evade traditional signature-based anti-virus tools. Progent Active Security Monitoring services safeguard local and cloud-based resources and provides a unified platform to address the complete threat progression including protection, infiltration detection, containment, remediation, and post-attack forensics. Top features include single-click rollback using Windows VSS and automatic network-wide immunization against newly discovered attacks. Read more about Progent's ransomware defense and cleanup services.
- Progent's Outsourced/Shared Call Desk: Help Desk Managed Services
Progent's Support Center services permit your information technology group to outsource Call Center services to Progent or split activity for Help Desk services seamlessly between your in-house support team and Progent's extensive roster of certified IT service engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's Co-managed Help Desk Service provides a smooth extension of your core network support team. Client access to the Service Desk, delivery of technical assistance, issue escalation, ticket generation and tracking, efficiency metrics, and management of the support database are consistent whether incidents are resolved by your in-house network support group, by Progent's team, or by a combination. Learn more about Progent's outsourced/co-managed Service Center services.
- Patch Management: Software/Firmware Update Management Services
Progent's managed services for software and firmware patch management provide organizations of all sizes a flexible and cost-effective alternative for assessing, validating, scheduling, implementing, and tracking software and firmware updates to your ever-evolving information network. In addition to maximizing the security and reliability of your IT network, Progent's patch management services free up time for your in-house IT staff to concentrate on more strategic projects and activities that deliver maximum business value from your information network. Find out more about Progent's patch management support services.
- ProSight Duo Two-Factor Authentication: ID Confirmation, Endpoint Remediation, and Secure Single Sign-on
Progent's Duo authentication services utilize Cisco's Duo technology to defend against stolen passwords through the use of two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo supports one-tap identity confirmation with Apple iOS, Android, and other out-of-band devices. Using 2FA, whenever you sign into a secured online account and enter your password you are asked to verify your identity on a device that only you possess and that uses a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A broad selection of devices can be used for this added form of ID validation such as an iPhone or Android or wearable, a hardware token, a landline telephone, etc. You may designate multiple verification devices. For more information about Duo two-factor identity authentication services, refer to Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for access security.
To view a white paper describing why managed services are quickly replacing the old break/fix model of IT support outsourcing for small and mid-size companies, click:
10 Benefits of Managed IT Services. (PDF - 710 KB)
ProSight Network Audits
Progent's ProSight Network Audits are a fast and low-cost alternative for small and medium-size businesses to get an unbiased evaluation of the health of their network. Based on a selection of the top remote monitoring and management (RMM) platforms in the industry, and supervised by Progent's world-class group of information technology professionals, ProSight Network Audits help you see how well the configuration of your core infrastructure devices adhere to leading practices. The Basic and Advanced options for ProSight Network Audit services are offered at a low, one-time cost and provide immediate ROI such as a cleaner Active Directory (AD) system. Both versions also come with one year of state-of-the-art remote network monitoring and management (RMM). Advantages can include easier management, improved compliance with government and industry security regulations, higher utilization of IT resources, faster troubleshooting, more dependable backup and restore, and increased uptime. Read more information about ProSight Network Audits network infrastructure review.
The ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report
The ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report service is an affordable service based on a phone interview with a Progent backup/recovery consultant. The fact-finding interview is designed to help evaluate your organization's ability either to block ransomware or recover quickly after an attack by a ransomware strain like Ryuk, Maze, Sodinokibi, Mailto (aka Netwalker), Phobos, LockBit or Egregor. Progent will consult with you personally to gather information about your current security profile and backup system, and Progent will then produce a custom Basic Security and Best Practices Report detailing how you can follow industry best practices to build an efficient AV and backup/recovery environment that minimizes your vulnerability to a ransomware attack and aligns with your business needs. For details, visit The ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report.
Additional Value-priced Service Packages Available from Progent
Specially priced service bundles available from Progent to help you achieve and prove compliance with regulatory and industry security standards include security vulnerability assessment and stealth penetration testing. Progent also offers expert disaster recovery planning consulting and business continuity planning consulting to help ensure you can return to operations quickly in case of a catastrophic failure due to a natural disaster, fire, cyber attack, human error, equipment breakdown, or any other foreseeable disruptive event.
Contact Progent to Find Out More about ProSight WAN Watch RMM Services
For pricing information and to learn more about how ProSight WAN Watch services can cut management costs and increase network uptime and performance, call Progent at 800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.