Progent's ProSight WAN Watch is a cloud-based network infrastructure management service that makes it easy and affordable for small and mid-sized businesses to map, monitor, optimize and troubleshoot their networking devices like routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers and other so-called "packet pushers" that constitute the heart of your network. Using state-of-the-art Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) technology, ProSight WAN Watch keeps network maps updated in real time, captures and manages the configuration of virtually all devices on your network, monitors performance, and generates alerts when issues are detected. By automating time-consuming management tasks, ProSight WAN Watch can shave hours off the drudgery of common procedures such as reconfiguring or expanding your network, finding appliances that require critical updates, or isolating performance bottlenecks.
If you use Progent's IT services team to manage or troubleshoot your network infrastructure, ProSight WAN Watch allows the experts at Progent's Technical Response Center (TRC) to view an accurate map of your complete network infrastructure and drill down to component details to resolve issues quickly. Whether you need to know which access point is being used by a smartphone or which switch a server is connected to, instant and accurate network mapping can save hours of support costs and network downtime. ProSight WAN Watch also integrates seamlessly with Progent's enterprise-class support system by synchronizing network alerts to TRC tickets, ensuring that any problems will be addressed quickly and resolved efficiently.
ProSight WAN Watch creates network maps in real time for performance management and troubleshooting
Features of ProSight WAN Watch
ProSight WAN Watch provides a wealth of features for delivering world-class network infrastructure RMM capabilities to small and mid-size organizations at an easily affordable price. These features cover network topology and asset inventory, configuration management, advanced network monitoring and alerts, troubleshooting, and performance analysis.
Understanding Network Infrastructure
ProSight WAN Watch provides best-of-breed visibility into network infrastructure with features that include automated topology mapping, device inventory, and network documentation plus filtered map searching, IP address management, and password management.
Infrastructure Monitoring and Tracking
- Automated Mapping is accomplished by gathering CDP and LLDP data along with forwarding tables to model a Layer 1 network diagram and building Layer 2 and Layer 3 visualizations from ARP tables, IP assignments, VLAN associations, and inferential algorithms. Accurate network maps can be created in minutes, changes are automatically added in real time, and maps can be exported and shared. ProSight WAN Watch can identify more than 7,000 different devices from over 230 manufacturers. Devices that can be monitored by WAN Watch include routers, switches, firewalls, Wi-Fi controllers, load balancers, packet processors, servers, Wi-Fi access points, workstations, phones, tablets, hubs, network storage, printers, copiers, hypervisors, virtual appliances, unmanaged switches, bridges, power supplies, telecommunications, and chassis.
- Inventory Automation collects detailed information on every device attached to a network. This includes device make and model, working status, IP addresses, and network associations. From the dashboard map you can drill down on any device to see a full profile as well as charts and graphs plus key performance indicators (KPIs).
ProSight WAN Watch automatically profiles and catalogs every device on a network
- IP Address Management eliminates manually maintained IP address inventory and device-by-device discovery by displaying all the IP addresses used in a selected subnet and the devices that use them.
- Password Management avoids the hassles associated with trying to remember or locate credentials for various network devices. ProSight WAN Watch allows you to enter device credentials one time. Passwords are then encrypted and securely stored and automatically authenticated on log-in.
ProSight WAN Watch continually monitors devices, services and network performance, automatically generates alerts when network health falls below defined thresholds, and collects and organizes meaningful data to help you maintain and optimize your network.
- Alerts notify specified personnel when WAN Watch detects issues such as devices going offline, traffic spikes, or packet errors. Dozens of preconfigured alerts are included and you can modify them or create custom alerts.
- Service Monitoring automatically detects the availability and status of critical services running across the network such as HTTP, MySQL, and Active Directory. Dozens of services are set up for monitoring out of the box, and you can define your own custom services. You can also drill down to see which services are running on a specific device and which ports are used. When a monitored service stops working, WAN Watch generates an alert so you can begin remediation immediately.
- Device-relevant Data allows WAN Watch dashboards to provide information appropriate for the devices being monitored, such as ink cartridge levels for a printer or remaining battery capacity for a UPS. Device-specific data can be detected for a broad range of computers and network appliances including virtual machines, Windows and Linux servers and endpoints, VMware hypervisors, printers, universal power supplies, stackable switches, wireless LAN controllers and Wi-Fi access points.
- Performance and Health Stats allow you to understand and optimize network performance by charting traffic flow, bandwidth availability and utilization, packet loss concentrations, and other key parameters. Per-minute statistics are collected for each interface and aggregated over devices, subnets, and VLAN networks to provide the information you need for effective load balancing, traffic shaping and capacity planning.
- Historic Performance Data are stored in the cloud indefinitely so you can detect performance trends for timeframes that can range from hours to years. A calendar picker makes it easy to select time intervals for troubleshooting, analysis, forensics, planning or reporting.
ProSight WAN Watch lets you pick any timeframe for analysis, troubleshooting, planning or reporting
A great benefit of ProSight WAN Watch is its ability to streamline the troubleshooting process. This directly cuts the cost of technical support and, more importantly, reduces network downtime.
Cloud-based Remote Monitoring and Management with Enterprise-class Security
- Network Evidence is a feature of the ProSight WAN Watch dashboard that displays where a device has been seen throughout the network. This allows you to avoid the time-consuming process of manually logging into each device and searching for an IP address.
- Pooled Debugging Data is another useful troubleshooting feature that automatically consolidates ARP tables, FDB tables, and listed routes. The addition of smart filters lets you quickly turn masses of raw data into useful intelligence. Pooled Debugging Data replaces the laborious process of using command line interfaces (CLIs) to query devices individually.
ProSight WAN Watch streamlines troubleshooting by consolidating and filtering debugging data
- Configuration Management and Analysis tools available with ProSight WAN Watch include automatic discovery of all networked devices, capture and documentation of all active configurations, and logging of configuration change history. You can recover older configurations with one click. In addition, device bandwidth and utilization charts simplify the process of correlating configuration changes to performance. This speeds up troubleshooting and provides valuable information for network optimization and capacity planning. ProSight WAN Watch also runs ongoing configuration analysis based on comparison to leading practices and identifies potential problems.
ProSight WAN Watch leverages cloud-based resources to minimize the cost and hassle of network monitoring and management. On-premises agent software collects device and performance data via standard communications protocols such as ICMP, MDNS, SMB, SNMP, SSH, Telnet, TFTP and UPnP. The gathered information is periodically sent to ProSight WAN Watch cloud servers using an SSL-encrypted web socket with certificate authentication. Device credentials and configuration data shared with ProSight WAN Watch are stored in the cloud using AES-128 encryption. No traffic content, such as email messages, can be read by the ProSight WAN Watch cloud servers, so your sensitive corporate and private data stay secure. The network diagrams, device profiles and visualizations of network data available via the ProSight WAN Watch dashboard are accessible to authorized users only via a secure login to a web browser.
ProSight WAN Watch servers are hosted in the Amazon cloud, which offers an abundance of security features such as electronic surveillance, multi-factor access control systems, 24x7 staffing by trained security guards, ISO 28001 and 9001 certifications, and regular SOC 1 audits. In comparison to an on-premises architecture, the SaaS model employed by ProSight WAN Watch significantly reduces the cost of setup and operations, avoids maintenance overhead, allows on-demand access to limitless storage and processing capacity, and delivers world-class levels of availability and recoverability.
Download Progent's ProSight WAN Watch: Network Infrastructure Remote Monitoring and Management Datasheet
To view or download Progent's ProSight WAN Watch infrastructure RMM services datasheet, click:
Progent's ProSight WAN Watch Infrastructure Monitoring Services Datasheet. (PDF - 88 KB)
How Progent Can Help You with ProSight WAN Watch
Progent can set up ProSight WAN Watch and use the platform for remotely monitoring and troubleshooting your network infrastructure. You can outsource all your network monitoring and management activities to Progent's experts or you can co-source these services by using Progent for occasional IT consulting and troubleshooting. Progent can provide high-level support for the network infrastructure, servers, virtual machines, endpoints, and services that can be monitored by ProSight WAN Watch. As an example, Progent maintains a large team of Cisco CCIE-certified network infrastructure consultants who can deliver online or onsite support for all of Cisco's network devices and management software. Progent can also provide the service of a certified VMware VCDX consultant to help you design, configure, manage and troubleshoot a vSphere-based virtualization solution.
With 20 years of background providing remote IT monitoring and management services across the U.S., and with a team of over 100 network consultants and subject matter experts, Progent has the breadth and depth of experience to make sure your ProSight WAN Watch deployment delivers maximum business value.
ProSight Network Audit Basic: Low-cost Network Health Audit with Active Directory (AD) Cleanup Report
ProSight WAN Watch is the remote monitoring and management tool that drives Progent's ProSight Network Audit Basic service. This fast and affordable network health review offers an unbiased assessment on how closely the current configuration of your essential network components follows leading practices. The audit comes with a valuable Active Directory (AD) Cleanup report to help you straighten out one of the most important and neglected areas of small businesses network management. The audit also includes one year of Progent's ProSight WAN Watch managed service. To find out more about ProSight Network Audit Basic, see ProSight Network Audit Basic.
Other ProSight Managed Services Offered by Progent
In addition to ProSight WAN Watch, Progent's ProSight line of infrastructure management services includes other low-cost remote monitoring and management services that cover various key facets of your information network including endpoint security, backup and disaster recovery, email content filtering, server and desktop monitoring, virtual machine hosting, and IT documentation management. Partnerships with top RMM technology providers allow Progent to offer small and medium-size businesses the advantages of the same cutting-edge monitoring and management technology used by major enterprises.
Managed services available from Progent include:
Download Progent's 10 Benefits of Managed IT Services White Paper
- ProSight Active Security Monitoring: Endpoint Protection and Ransomware Defense
ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) is an endpoint protection (EPP) service that incorporates SentinelOne's cutting edge behavior-based analysis technology to defend physical and virtual endpoint devices against new malware assaults like ransomware and email phishing, which routinely evade traditional signature-matching anti-virus products. ProSight ASM protects local and cloud-based resources and provides a unified platform to automate the complete malware attack lifecycle including filtering, detection, containment, remediation, and forensics. Top capabilities include one-click rollback with Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service and automatic system-wide immunization against newly discovered attacks. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Read more about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware recovery.
- ProSight Enhanced Security Protection: Physical and Virtual Endpoint Security and Microsoft Exchange Email Filtering
ProSight Enhanced Security Protection (ESP) services deliver affordable in-depth protection for physical servers and VMs, workstations, smartphones, and Microsoft Exchange. ProSight ESP uses adaptive security and advanced heuristics for round-the-clock monitoring and responding to security assaults from all vectors. ProSight ESP delivers two-way firewall protection, penetration alerts, endpoint management, and web filtering through cutting-edge tools incorporated within a single agent accessible from a single console. Progent's security and virtualization experts can help you to plan and configure a ProSight ESP deployment that meets your company's specific requirements and that helps you achieve and demonstrate compliance with legal and industry data protection standards. Progent will assist you define and configure policies that ProSight ESP will manage, and Progent will monitor your network and respond to alarms that call for immediate action. Progent's consultants can also help you to set up and test a backup and restore system like ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS) so you can get back in business quickly from a potentially disastrous cyber attack such as ransomware. Read more about Progent's ProSight Enhanced Security Protection unified physical and virtual endpoint security and Exchange email filtering.
- ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS): Backup and Recovery Services
Progent has worked with advanced backup technology companies to produce ProSight Data Protection Services, a family of subscription-based management offerings that provide backup-as-a-service (BaaS). ProSight DPS services automate and monitor your data backup processes and enable transparent backup and rapid restoration of important files, apps, images, plus VMs. ProSight DPS lets you avoid data loss caused by equipment failures, natural calamities, fire, malware such as ransomware, user error, ill-intentioned employees, or application glitches. Managed services in the ProSight Data Protection Services product family include ProSight Altaro VM Backup, ProSight 365 Total Backup (formerly Altaro 365 Backup), ProSight DPS ECHO Backup using Barracuda dedicated storage, and ProSight MSP360 Cloud and On-prem Backup. Your Progent service representative can help you to identify which of these managed backup services are best suited for your IT environment.
- ProSight Email Guard: Inbound and Outbound Spam Filtering and Data Leakage Protection
ProSight Email Guard is Progent's spam and virus filtering and email encryption service that incorporates the infrastructure of top data security vendors to provide centralized management and world-class protection for your email traffic. The powerful architecture of Progent's Email Guard managed service combines a Cloud Protection Layer with a local security gateway appliance to offer complete protection against spam, viruses, Denial of Service Attacks, DHAs, and other email-based malware. Email Guard's cloud filter acts as a preliminary barricade and blocks most unwanted email from making it to your network firewall. This decreases your vulnerability to inbound attacks and saves system bandwidth and storage space. Email Guard's onsite gateway appliance provides a further layer of analysis for inbound email. For outgoing email, the onsite gateway offers AV and anti-spam filtering, protection against data leaks, and email encryption. The local security gateway can also assist Exchange Server to monitor and protect internal email that stays inside your security perimeter. For more information, visit ProSight Email Guard spam and content filtering.
- ProSight LAN Watch: Server and Desktop Monitoring
ProSight LAN Watch is Progent's server and desktop remote monitoring managed service that incorporates advanced remote monitoring and management techniques to keep your network operating at peak levels by checking the health of critical computers that power your business network. When ProSight LAN Watch uncovers a problem, an alert is sent automatically to your designated IT personnel and your Progent engineering consultant so that any potential issues can be resolved before they can disrupt productivity. Learn more details about ProSight LAN Watch server and desktop monitoring services.
- ProSight Virtual Hosting: Hosted Virtual Machines at Progent's World-class Data Center
With Progent's ProSight Virtual Hosting service, a small organization can have its critical servers and apps hosted in a secure Tier III data center on a high-performance virtual host configured and managed by Progent's network support professionals. Under Progent's ProSight Virtual Hosting model, the client retains ownership of the data, the operating system platforms, and the apps. Since the system is virtualized, it can be moved easily to an alternate hosting environment without a time-consuming and technically risky configuration process. With ProSight Virtual Hosting, your business is not tied a single hosting service. Learn more about ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
- ProSight IT Asset Management: Network Documentation Management
ProSight IT Asset Management service is an IT infrastructure documentation management service that makes it easy to create, maintain, retrieve and safeguard information about your network infrastructure, processes, applications, and services. You can quickly locate passwords or IP addresses and be alerted automatically about impending expirations of SSLs or domains. By updating and organizing your network documentation, you can save up to half of time thrown away trying to find vital information about your IT network. ProSight IT Asset Management includes a common location for holding and sharing all documents required for managing your network infrastructure such as standard operating procedures (SOPs) and self-service instructions. ProSight IT Asset Management also offers advanced automation for gathering and relating IT data. Whether you're making improvements, doing regular maintenance, or reacting to a crisis, ProSight IT Asset Management delivers the knowledge you need the instant you need it. Read more about ProSight IT Asset Management service.
- Progent Active Protection Against Ransomware: Machine Learning-based Ransomware Identification and Remediation
Progent's Active Defense Against Ransomware is an endpoint protection managed service that utilizes cutting edge behavior-based analysis technology to guard endpoint devices and servers and VMs against new malware assaults like ransomware and file-less exploits, which routinely evade legacy signature-based anti-virus tools. Progent ASM services safeguard on-premises and cloud-based resources and provides a single platform to address the complete malware attack lifecycle including protection, identification, containment, cleanup, and forensics. Key features include one-click rollback with Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service and automatic system-wide immunization against newly discovered attacks. Find out more about Progent's ransomware defense and recovery services.
- Progent's Outsourced/Shared Help Center: Help Desk Managed Services
Progent's Help Desk managed services permit your IT staff to outsource Call Center services to Progent or split activity for Help Desk services seamlessly between your in-house support resources and Progent's extensive roster of certified IT service engineers and subject matter experts (SMEs). Progent's Co-managed Help Desk Service provides a smooth extension of your internal IT support organization. Client access to the Help Desk, provision of technical assistance, escalation, trouble ticket creation and updates, performance measurement, and maintenance of the support database are consistent regardless of whether incidents are taken care of by your corporate support organization, by Progent's team, or by a combination. Learn more about Progent's outsourced/co-managed Call Desk services.
- Progent's Patch Management: Patch Management Services
Progent's support services for software and firmware patch management provide businesses of all sizes a versatile and affordable alternative for assessing, validating, scheduling, implementing, and documenting updates to your ever-evolving information network. In addition to maximizing the security and functionality of your computer environment, Progent's patch management services permit your IT team to concentrate on line-of-business projects and activities that deliver the highest business value from your network. Find out more about Progent's patch management support services.
- ProSight Duo Two-Factor Authentication: Access Security, Endpoint Policy Enforcement, and Secure Single Sign-on (SSO)
Progent's Duo authentication services utilize Cisco's Duo technology to defend against compromised passwords by using two-factor authentication. Duo enables single-tap identity verification with Apple iOS, Android, and other personal devices. With 2FA, when you log into a secured application and enter your password you are asked to confirm who you are via a device that only you possess and that uses a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A wide selection of devices can be utilized for this added means of ID validation such as a smartphone or wearable, a hardware/software token, a landline telephone, etc. You can register several verification devices. To learn more about Duo two-factor identity validation services, visit Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for access security.
- ProSight Reporting: Real-time Reporting for Ticketing and Network Monitoring Applications
ProSight Reporting is a growing suite of real-time management reporting tools designed to integrate with the top ticketing and remote network monitoring programs including ConnectWise Manage, ConnectWise Automate, Customer Thermometer, Auvik, and SentinelOne. ProSight Reporting uses Microsoft Graph and utilizes color coding to highlight and contextualize critical issues such as spotty support follow-through or machines with out-of-date AVs. By identifying ticketing or network health problems concisely and in near-real time, ProSight Reporting improves productivity, lowers management hassle, and saves money. For details, visit ProSight Reporting for ticketing and network monitoring applications.
To view a white paper describing why managed services are quickly replacing the traditional break/fix model of IT support for small and mid-size organizations, click:
10 Benefits of Managed IT Services. (PDF - 710 KB)
ProSight Network Audits
Progent's ProSight Network Audits offer a quick and affordable alternative for small and medium-size businesses to obtain an objective evaluation of the overall health of their information system. Based on a selection of the top remote monitoring and management platforms in the industry, and overseen by Progent's world-class group of information technology professionals, ProSight Network Audits show you how closely the deployment of your essential network assets conform to industry leading practices. The Basic and Advanced options for ProSight Network Audit services are offered at a budget-friendly, one-time cost and provide immediate benefits like a more manageable Active Directory (AD) system. Both also come with one year of cutting-edge remote network monitoring and management. Benefits can include lower-cost network management, better compliance with information security regulations, higher utilization of IT assets, quicker troubleshooting, more dependable backup and recovery, and increased uptime. See more information about ProSight Network Audits IT infrastructure assessment.
The ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report
The ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report service is an affordable service based on a phone discussion with a Progent backup/recovery consultant. The fact-finding interview is intended to evaluate your company's ability either to counter ransomware or recover quickly after an assault by a ransomware strain such as Ryuk, Maze, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, DopplePaymer, LockBit or Nephilim. Progent will work with you directly to gather information about your current security profile and backup system, and Progent will then produce a custom Basic Security and Best Practices Report detailing how you can apply industry best practices to create an efficient security and backup/recovery system that reduces your exposure to ransomware and meets your company's requirements. For more information, refer to The ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report Service.
Additional Value-priced Service Packages Available from Progent
Specially priced service bundles available from Progent to help you achieve and prove compliance with regulatory and industry security standards include security vulnerability assessment and stealth penetration testing. Progent also offers expert disaster recovery planning consulting and business continuity planning consulting to help ensure you can return to operations quickly in case of a catastrophic failure due to a natural disaster, fire, cyber attack, human error, equipment breakdown, or any other foreseeable disruptive event.
Contact Progent to Find Out More about ProSight WAN Watch RMM Services
For pricing information and to learn more about how ProSight WAN Watch services can cut management costs and increase network uptime and performance, call Progent at 800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.