Progent's ProSight WAN Watch is a cloud-based network infrastructure management service that makes it easy and affordable for small and mid-sized businesses to map, monitor, optimize and troubleshoot their networking devices like routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers and other so-called "packet pushers" that constitute the heart of your network. Using state-of-the-art Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) technology, ProSight WAN Watch keeps network maps updated in real time, captures and manages the configuration of virtually all devices on your network, monitors performance, and generates alerts when issues are detected. By automating time-consuming management tasks, ProSight WAN Watch can shave hours off the drudgery of common procedures such as reconfiguring or expanding your network, finding appliances that require critical updates, or isolating performance bottlenecks.
If you use Progent's IT services team to manage or troubleshoot your network infrastructure, ProSight WAN Watch allows the experts at Progent's Technical Response Center (TRC) to view an accurate map of your complete network infrastructure and drill down to component details to resolve issues quickly. Whether you need to know which access point is being used by a smartphone or which switch a server is connected to, instant and accurate network mapping can save hours of support costs and network downtime. ProSight WAN Watch also integrates seamlessly with Progent's enterprise-class support system by synchronizing network alerts to TRC tickets, ensuring that any problems will be addressed quickly and resolved efficiently.
ProSight WAN Watch creates network maps in real time for performance management and troubleshooting
Features of ProSight WAN Watch
ProSight WAN Watch provides a wealth of features for delivering world-class network infrastructure RMM capabilities to small and mid-size organizations at an easily affordable price. These features cover network topology and asset inventory, configuration management, advanced network monitoring and alerts, troubleshooting, and performance analysis.
Understanding Network Infrastructure
ProSight WAN Watch provides best-of-breed visibility into network infrastructure with features that include automated topology mapping, device inventory, and network documentation plus filtered map searching, IP address management, and password management.
Infrastructure Monitoring and Tracking
- Automated Mapping is accomplished by gathering CDP and LLDP data along with forwarding tables to model a Layer 1 network diagram and building Layer 2 and Layer 3 visualizations from ARP tables, IP assignments, VLAN associations, and inferential algorithms. Accurate network maps can be created in minutes, changes are automatically added in real time, and maps can be exported and shared. ProSight WAN Watch can identify more than 7,000 different devices from over 230 manufacturers. Devices that can be monitored by WAN Watch include routers, switches, firewalls, Wi-Fi controllers, load balancers, packet processors, servers, Wi-Fi access points, workstations, phones, tablets, hubs, network storage, printers, copiers, hypervisors, virtual appliances, unmanaged switches, bridges, power supplies, telecommunications, and chassis.
- Inventory Automation collects detailed information on every device attached to a network. This includes device make and model, working status, IP addresses, and network associations. From the dashboard map you can drill down on any device to see a full profile as well as charts and graphs plus key performance indicators (KPIs).
ProSight WAN Watch automatically profiles and catalogs every device on a network
- IP Address Management eliminates manually maintained IP address inventory and device-by-device discovery by displaying all the IP addresses used in a selected subnet and the devices that use them.
- Password Management avoids the hassles associated with trying to remember or locate credentials for various network devices. ProSight WAN Watch allows you to enter device credentials one time. Passwords are then encrypted and securely stored and automatically authenticated on log-in.
ProSight WAN Watch continually monitors devices, services and network performance, automatically generates alerts when network health falls below defined thresholds, and collects and organizes meaningful data to help you maintain and optimize your network.
- Alerts notify specified personnel when WAN Watch detects issues such as devices going offline, traffic spikes, or packet errors. Dozens of preconfigured alerts are included and you can modify them or create custom alerts.
- Service Monitoring automatically detects the availability and status of critical services running across the network such as HTTP, MySQL, and Active Directory. Dozens of services are set up for monitoring out of the box, and you can define your own custom services. You can also drill down to see which services are running on a specific device and which ports are used. When a monitored service stops working, WAN Watch generates an alert so you can begin remediation immediately.
- Device-relevant Data allows WAN Watch dashboards to provide information appropriate for the devices being monitored, such as ink cartridge levels for a printer or remaining battery capacity for a UPS. Device-specific data can be detected for a broad range of computers and network appliances including virtual machines, Windows and Linux servers and endpoints, VMware hypervisors, printers, universal power supplies, stackable switches, wireless LAN controllers and Wi-Fi access points.
- Performance and Health Stats allow you to understand and optimize network performance by charting traffic flow, bandwidth availability and utilization, packet loss concentrations, and other key parameters. Per-minute statistics are collected for each interface and aggregated over devices, subnets, and VLAN networks to provide the information you need for effective load balancing, traffic shaping and capacity planning.
- Historic Performance Data are stored in the cloud indefinitely so you can detect performance trends for timeframes that can range from hours to years. A calendar picker makes it easy to select time intervals for troubleshooting, analysis, forensics, planning or reporting.
ProSight WAN Watch lets you pick any timeframe for analysis, troubleshooting, planning or reporting
A great benefit of ProSight WAN Watch is its ability to streamline the troubleshooting process. This directly cuts the cost of technical support and, more importantly, reduces network downtime.
Cloud-based Remote Monitoring and Management with Enterprise-class Security
- Network Evidence is a feature of the ProSight WAN Watch dashboard that displays where a device has been seen throughout the network. This allows you to avoid the time-consuming process of manually logging into each device and searching for an IP address.
- Pooled Debugging Data is another useful troubleshooting feature that automatically consolidates ARP tables, FDB tables, and listed routes. The addition of smart filters lets you quickly turn masses of raw data into useful intelligence. Pooled Debugging Data replaces the laborious process of using command line interfaces (CLIs) to query devices individually.
ProSight WAN Watch streamlines troubleshooting by consolidating and filtering debugging data
- Configuration Management and Analysis tools available with ProSight WAN Watch include automatic discovery of all networked devices, capture and documentation of all active configurations, and logging of configuration change history. You can recover older configurations with one click. In addition, device bandwidth and utilization charts simplify the process of correlating configuration changes to performance. This speeds up troubleshooting and provides valuable information for network optimization and capacity planning. ProSight WAN Watch also runs ongoing configuration analysis based on comparison to leading practices and identifies potential problems.
ProSight WAN Watch leverages cloud-based resources to minimize the cost and hassle of network monitoring and management. On-premises agent software collects device and performance data via standard communications protocols such as ICMP, MDNS, SMB, SNMP, SSH, Telnet, TFTP and UPnP. The gathered information is periodically sent to ProSight WAN Watch cloud servers using an SSL-encrypted web socket with certificate authentication. Device credentials and configuration data shared with ProSight WAN Watch are stored in the cloud using AES-128 encryption. No traffic content, such as email messages, can be read by the ProSight WAN Watch cloud servers, so your sensitive corporate and private data stay secure. The network diagrams, device profiles and visualizations of network data available via the ProSight WAN Watch dashboard are accessible to authorized users only via a secure login to a web browser.
ProSight WAN Watch servers are hosted in the Amazon cloud, which offers an abundance of security features such as electronic surveillance, multi-factor access control systems, 24x7 staffing by trained security guards, ISO 28001 and 9001 certifications, and regular SOC 1 audits. In comparison to an on-premises architecture, the SaaS model employed by ProSight WAN Watch significantly reduces the cost of setup and operations, avoids maintenance overhead, allows on-demand access to limitless storage and processing capacity, and delivers world-class levels of availability and recoverability.
Download Progent's ProSight WAN Watch: Network Infrastructure Remote Monitoring and Management Datasheet
To view or download Progent's ProSight WAN Watch infrastructure RMM services datasheet, click:
Progent's ProSight WAN Watch Infrastructure Monitoring Services Datasheet. (PDF - 88 KB)
How Progent Can Help You with ProSight WAN Watch
Progent can set up ProSight WAN Watch and use the platform for remotely monitoring and troubleshooting your network infrastructure. You can outsource all your network monitoring and management activities to Progent's experts or you can co-source these services by using Progent for occasional IT consulting and troubleshooting. Progent can provide high-level support for the network infrastructure, servers, virtual machines, endpoints, and services that can be monitored by ProSight WAN Watch. As an example, Progent maintains a large team of Cisco CCIE-certified network infrastructure consultants who can deliver online or onsite support for all of Cisco's network devices and management software. Progent can also provide the service of a certified VMware VCDX consultant to help you design, configure, manage and troubleshoot a vSphere-based virtualization solution.
With 20 years of background providing remote IT monitoring and management services across the U.S., and with a team of over 100 network consultants and subject matter experts, Progent has the breadth and depth of experience to make sure your ProSight WAN Watch deployment delivers maximum business value.
ProSight Network Audit Basic: Low-cost Network Health Audit with Active Directory (AD) Cleanup Report
ProSight WAN Watch is the remote monitoring and management tool that drives Progent's ProSight Network Audit Basic service. This fast and affordable network health review offers an unbiased assessment on how closely the current configuration of your essential network components follows leading practices. The audit comes with a valuable Active Directory (AD) Cleanup report to help you straighten out one of the most important and neglected areas of small businesses network management. The audit also includes one year of Progent's ProSight WAN Watch managed service. To find out more about ProSight Network Audit Basic, see ProSight Network Audit Basic.
Other ProSight Managed Services Offered by Progent
In addition to ProSight WAN Watch, Progent's ProSight line of infrastructure management services includes other low-cost remote monitoring and management services that cover various key facets of your information network including endpoint security, backup and disaster recovery, email content filtering, server and desktop monitoring, virtual machine hosting, and IT documentation management. Partnerships with top RMM technology providers allow Progent to offer small and medium-size businesses the advantages of the same cutting-edge monitoring and management technology used by major enterprises.
Managed services available from Progent include:
Download Progent's 10 Benefits of Managed IT Services White Paper
- ProSight Active Security Monitoring: Endpoint Protection and Ransomware Defense
ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) is an endpoint protection service that utilizes SentinelOne's cutting edge behavior-based machine learning technology to guard physical and virtual endpoints against modern malware assaults such as ransomware and email phishing, which easily escape legacy signature-matching anti-virus products. ProSight Active Security Monitoring protects local and cloud-based resources and provides a unified platform to automate the complete threat lifecycle including protection, infiltration detection, containment, remediation, and forensics. Top capabilities include one-click rollback using Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service and automatic network-wide immunization against newly discovered attacks. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Learn more about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense.
- ProSight Enhanced Security Protection (ESP): Physical and Virtual Endpoint Security and Microsoft Exchange Filtering
ProSight Enhanced Security Protection (ESP) services deliver ultra-affordable multi-layer protection for physical and virtual servers, desktops, smartphones, and Exchange Server. ProSight ESP utilizes contextual security and advanced heuristics for round-the-clock monitoring and responding to security threats from all vectors. ProSight ESP delivers firewall protection, penetration alarms, device control, and web filtering via leading-edge tools incorporated within one agent accessible from a single control. Progent's security and virtualization consultants can assist you to plan and configure a ProSight ESP environment that addresses your organization's unique needs and that helps you achieve and demonstrate compliance with legal and industry information protection regulations. Progent will assist you specify and implement policies that ProSight ESP will manage, and Progent will monitor your IT environment and react to alerts that require urgent action. Progent can also assist you to install and test a backup and disaster recovery solution like ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS) so you can recover rapidly from a destructive security attack like ransomware. Read more about Progent's ProSight Enhanced Security Protection (ESP) unified physical and virtual endpoint security and Microsoft Exchange email filtering.
- ProSight Data Protection Services: Managed Backup and Disaster Recovery Services
Progent has partnered with advanced backup technology providers to create ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a selection of management offerings that deliver backup-as-a-service (BaaS). ProSight DPS products manage and track your backup operations and allow transparent backup and fast restoration of vital files, apps, images, and virtual machines. ProSight DPS lets your business protect against data loss resulting from equipment failures, natural calamities, fire, cyber attacks such as ransomware, human error, malicious employees, or software bugs. Managed backup services in the ProSight DPS portfolio include ProSight DPS Altaro VM Backup, ProSight 365 Total Backup (formerly Altaro 365 Backup), ProSight ECHO Backup based on Barracuda purpose-built hardware, and ProSight DPS MSP360 Hybrid Backup. Your Progent expert can assist you to determine which of these managed backup services are best suited for your network.
- ProSight Email Guard: Inbound and Outbound Spam Filtering and Data Leakage Protection
ProSight Email Guard is Progent's spam filtering service that incorporates the infrastructure of leading information security vendors to provide centralized management and comprehensive protection for your inbound and outbound email. The hybrid structure of Email Guard managed service combines a Cloud Protection Layer with a local gateway appliance to provide complete defense against spam, viruses, Denial of Service Attacks, DHAs, and other email-borne malware. The cloud filter serves as a preliminary barricade and keeps the vast majority of unwanted email from reaching your security perimeter. This decreases your vulnerability to external threats and conserves system bandwidth and storage space. Email Guard's on-premises security gateway device provides a deeper layer of inspection for incoming email. For outgoing email, the local security gateway offers AV and anti-spam filtering, DLP, and email encryption. The onsite gateway can also assist Exchange Server to track and protect internal email that stays inside your corporate firewall. For more information, see ProSight Email Guard spam and content filtering.
- ProSight LAN Watch: Server and Desktop Remote Monitoring and Management
ProSight LAN Watch is Progent's server and desktop monitoring service that uses state-of-the-art remote monitoring and management technology to keep your IT system running efficiently by checking the state of vital assets that drive your business network. When ProSight LAN Watch uncovers a problem, an alarm is sent automatically to your specified IT staff and your assigned Progent engineering consultant so any looming issues can be resolved before they have a chance to impact productivity. Find out more about ProSight LAN Watch server and desktop remote monitoring consulting.
- ProSight Virtual Hosting: Hosted VMs at Progent's World-class Data Center
With ProSight Virtual Hosting service, a small organization can have its critical servers and applications hosted in a protected Tier III data center on a high-performance virtual host set up and managed by Progent's network support experts. With Progent's ProSight Virtual Hosting service model, the customer owns the data, the OS software, and the applications. Because the environment is virtualized, it can be ported immediately to an alternate hardware environment without a lengthy and technically risky configuration process. With ProSight Virtual Hosting, you are not locked into a single hosting service. Find out more about ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
- ProSight IT Asset Management: Network Documentation Management
ProSight IT Asset Management service is an IT infrastructure documentation management service that allows you to create, update, retrieve and safeguard data related to your IT infrastructure, processes, business apps, and services. You can instantly find passwords or IP addresses and be alerted automatically about upcoming expirations of SSL certificates or warranties. By updating and organizing your IT documentation, you can eliminate up to 50% of time wasted trying to find vital information about your network. ProSight IT Asset Management includes a common repository for holding and sharing all documents related to managing your network infrastructure like recommended procedures and self-service instructions. ProSight IT Asset Management also offers a high level of automation for gathering and relating IT information. Whether you're making enhancements, doing regular maintenance, or responding to a crisis, ProSight IT Asset Management gets you the information you require when you need it. Learn more about Progent's ProSight IT Asset Management service.
- Progent Active Defense Against Ransomware: Machine Learning-based Ransomware Detection and Remediation
Progent's Active Protection Against Ransomware is an endpoint protection (EPP) managed service that incorporates next generation behavior-based analysis tools to guard endpoint devices and servers and VMs against modern malware assaults such as ransomware and file-less exploits, which easily get by traditional signature-based AV tools. Progent Active Security Monitoring services safeguard local and cloud resources and provides a single platform to address the complete malware attack progression including blocking, infiltration detection, containment, remediation, and forensics. Top features include one-click rollback with Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) and automatic system-wide immunization against new threats. Find out more about Progent's ransomware defense and cleanup services.
- Progent's Outsourced/Shared Service Desk: Support Desk Managed Services
Progent's Support Center managed services permit your information technology team to offload Call Center services to Progent or divide activity for support services transparently between your in-house network support group and Progent's extensive pool of certified IT service technicians, engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's Shared Service Desk offers a seamless supplement to your internal network support team. Client access to the Service Desk, delivery of technical assistance, escalation, trouble ticket creation and tracking, efficiency measurement, and management of the service database are consistent whether incidents are taken care of by your core network support resources, by Progent, or by a combination. Find out more about Progent's outsourced/co-managed Call Center services.
- Progent's Patch Management: Patch Management Services
Progent's support services for patch management provide organizations of all sizes a flexible and cost-effective solution for evaluating, testing, scheduling, applying, and tracking software and firmware updates to your ever-evolving information system. In addition to maximizing the protection and reliability of your computer network, Progent's software/firmware update management services allow your in-house IT staff to focus on line-of-business projects and activities that derive the highest business value from your network. Find out more about Progent's software/firmware update management services.
- ProSight Duo Multi-Factor Authentication: ID Confirmation, Endpoint Policy Enforcement, and Secure Single Sign-on (SSO)
Progent's Duo authentication service plans incorporate Cisco's Duo cloud technology to protect against password theft by using two-factor authentication. Duo enables single-tap identity confirmation on iOS, Google Android, and other personal devices. Using 2FA, whenever you log into a protected online account and enter your password you are requested to verify who you are via a device that only you have and that uses a separate network channel. A wide selection of devices can be utilized as this second form of ID validation such as an iPhone or Android or watch, a hardware/software token, a landline phone, etc. You may register multiple verification devices. For more information about Duo identity validation services, visit Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for access security.
- ProSight Reporting: Real-time Reporting for Ticketing and Network Monitoring Applications
ProSight Reporting is a growing suite of real-time and in-depth management reporting plug-ins designed to work with the industry's leading ticketing and remote network monitoring platforms including ConnectWise Manage, ConnectWise Automate, Customer Thermometer, Auvik, and SentinelOne. ProSight Reporting incorporates Microsoft Graph and features color coding to surface and contextualize critical issues like inconsistent support follow-through or machines with missing patches. By identifying ticketing or network health concerns clearly and in near-real time, ProSight Reporting enhances productivity, lowers management overhead, and saves money. For details, see ProSight Reporting for ticketing and network monitoring platforms.
To download a white paper explaining why managed services are quickly replacing the traditional break/fix model of IT support for small and mid-size companies, click:
10 Benefits of Managed IT Services. (PDF - 710 KB)
ProSight Network Audits
Progent's ProSight Network Audits offer a quick and affordable way for small and mid-size businesses to get an objective assessment of the health of their IT system. Powered by a selection of the leading remote monitoring and management (RMM) platforms in the industry, and supervised by Progent's world-class group of IT professionals, ProSight Network Audits help you see how well the configuration of your core infrastructure assets adhere to best practices. The Basic and Advanced options for ProSight Network Audit services are offered at a low, one-time cost and provide immediate benefits such as a cleaner Active Directory environment. Both versions also come with one year of state-of-the-art remote network monitoring and management. Advantages can include easier management, improved compliance with information security standards, more efficient utilization of network assets, quicker troubleshooting, more dependable backup and restore, and higher availability. See more information about ProSight Network Audits network infrastructure review.
Progent's ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report Service
Progent's ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report service is an affordable service centered on a brief discussion with a Progent backup/recovery consultant. The fact-finding interview is designed to help evaluate your organization's preparedness either to block ransomware or recover rapidly following an assault by a ransomware strain such as Ryuk, Maze, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, Phobos, Conti or Egregor. Progent will work with you directly to gather information concerning your current security profile and backup procedures, and Progent will then deliver a written Basic Security and Best Practices Report describing how you can apply best practices to create a cost-effective AV and backup environment that minimizes your exposure to ransomware and aligns with your business needs. For details, visit The ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report Service.
Additional Value-priced Service Packages Available from Progent
Specially priced service bundles available from Progent to help you achieve and prove compliance with regulatory and industry security standards include security vulnerability assessment and stealth penetration testing. Progent also offers expert disaster recovery planning consulting and business continuity planning consulting to help ensure you can return to operations quickly in case of a catastrophic failure due to a natural disaster, fire, cyber attack, human error, equipment breakdown, or any other foreseeable disruptive event.
Contact Progent to Find Out More about ProSight WAN Watch RMM Services
For pricing information and to learn more about how ProSight WAN Watch services can cut management costs and increase network uptime and performance, call Progent at 800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.