Progent's ProSight WAN Watch is a cloud-based network infrastructure management service that makes it easy and affordable for small and mid-sized businesses to map, monitor, optimize and troubleshoot their networking devices like routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers and other so-called "packet pushers" that constitute the heart of your network. Using state-of-the-art Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) technology, ProSight WAN Watch keeps network maps updated in real time, captures and manages the configuration of virtually all devices on your network, monitors performance, and generates alerts when issues are detected. By automating time-consuming management tasks, ProSight WAN Watch can shave hours off the drudgery of common procedures such as reconfiguring or expanding your network, finding appliances that require critical updates, or isolating performance bottlenecks.
If you use Progent's IT services team to manage or troubleshoot your network infrastructure, ProSight WAN Watch allows the experts at Progent's Technical Response Center (TRC) to view an accurate map of your complete network infrastructure and drill down to component details to resolve issues quickly. Whether you need to know which access point is being used by a smartphone or which switch a server is connected to, instant and accurate network mapping can save hours of support costs and network downtime. ProSight WAN Watch also integrates seamlessly with Progent's enterprise-class support system by synchronizing network alerts to TRC tickets, ensuring that any problems will be addressed quickly and resolved efficiently.
ProSight WAN Watch creates network maps in real time for performance management and troubleshooting
Features of ProSight WAN Watch
ProSight WAN Watch provides a wealth of features for delivering world-class network infrastructure RMM capabilities to small and mid-size organizations at an easily affordable price. These features cover network topology and asset inventory, configuration management, advanced network monitoring and alerts, troubleshooting, and performance analysis.
Understanding Network Infrastructure
ProSight WAN Watch provides best-of-breed visibility into network infrastructure with features that include automated topology mapping, device inventory, and network documentation plus filtered map searching, IP address management, and password management.
Infrastructure Monitoring and Tracking
- Automated Mapping is accomplished by gathering CDP and LLDP data along with forwarding tables to model a Layer 1 network diagram and building Layer 2 and Layer 3 visualizations from ARP tables, IP assignments, VLAN associations, and inferential algorithms. Accurate network maps can be created in minutes, changes are automatically added in real time, and maps can be exported and shared. ProSight WAN Watch can identify more than 7,000 different devices from over 230 manufacturers. Devices that can be monitored by WAN Watch include routers, switches, firewalls, Wi-Fi controllers, load balancers, packet processors, servers, Wi-Fi access points, workstations, phones, tablets, hubs, network storage, printers, copiers, hypervisors, virtual appliances, unmanaged switches, bridges, power supplies, telecommunications, and chassis.
- Inventory Automation collects detailed information on every device attached to a network. This includes device make and model, working status, IP addresses, and network associations. From the dashboard map you can drill down on any device to see a full profile as well as charts and graphs plus key performance indicators (KPIs).
ProSight WAN Watch automatically profiles and catalogs every device on a network
- IP Address Management eliminates manually maintained IP address inventory and device-by-device discovery by displaying all the IP addresses used in a selected subnet and the devices that use them.
- Password Management avoids the hassles associated with trying to remember or locate credentials for various network devices. ProSight WAN Watch allows you to enter device credentials one time. Passwords are then encrypted and securely stored and automatically authenticated on log-in.
ProSight WAN Watch continually monitors devices, services and network performance, automatically generates alerts when network health falls below defined thresholds, and collects and organizes meaningful data to help you maintain and optimize your network.
- Alerts notify specified personnel when WAN Watch detects issues such as devices going offline, traffic spikes, or packet errors. Dozens of preconfigured alerts are included and you can modify them or create custom alerts.
- Service Monitoring automatically detects the availability and status of critical services running across the network such as HTTP, MySQL, and Active Directory. Dozens of services are set up for monitoring out of the box, and you can define your own custom services. You can also drill down to see which services are running on a specific device and which ports are used. When a monitored service stops working, WAN Watch generates an alert so you can begin remediation immediately.
- Device-relevant Data allows WAN Watch dashboards to provide information appropriate for the devices being monitored, such as ink cartridge levels for a printer or remaining battery capacity for a UPS. Device-specific data can be detected for a broad range of computers and network appliances including virtual machines, Windows and Linux servers and endpoints, VMware hypervisors, printers, universal power supplies, stackable switches, wireless LAN controllers and Wi-Fi access points.
- Performance and Health Stats allow you to understand and optimize network performance by charting traffic flow, bandwidth availability and utilization, packet loss concentrations, and other key parameters. Per-minute statistics are collected for each interface and aggregated over devices, subnets, and VLAN networks to provide the information you need for effective load balancing, traffic shaping and capacity planning.
- Historic Performance Data are stored in the cloud indefinitely so you can detect performance trends for timeframes that can range from hours to years. A calendar picker makes it easy to select time intervals for troubleshooting, analysis, forensics, planning or reporting.
ProSight WAN Watch lets you pick any timeframe for analysis, troubleshooting, planning or reporting
A great benefit of ProSight WAN Watch is its ability to streamline the troubleshooting process. This directly cuts the cost of technical support and, more importantly, reduces network downtime.
Cloud-based Remote Monitoring and Management with Enterprise-class Security
- Network Evidence is a feature of the ProSight WAN Watch dashboard that displays where a device has been seen throughout the network. This allows you to avoid the time-consuming process of manually logging into each device and searching for an IP address.
- Pooled Debugging Data is another useful troubleshooting feature that automatically consolidates ARP tables, FDB tables, and listed routes. The addition of smart filters lets you quickly turn masses of raw data into useful intelligence. Pooled Debugging Data replaces the laborious process of using command line interfaces (CLIs) to query devices individually.
ProSight WAN Watch streamlines troubleshooting by consolidating and filtering debugging data
- Configuration Management and Analysis tools available with ProSight WAN Watch include automatic discovery of all networked devices, capture and documentation of all active configurations, and logging of configuration change history. You can recover older configurations with one click. In addition, device bandwidth and utilization charts simplify the process of correlating configuration changes to performance. This speeds up troubleshooting and provides valuable information for network optimization and capacity planning. ProSight WAN Watch also runs ongoing configuration analysis based on comparison to leading practices and identifies potential problems.
ProSight WAN Watch leverages cloud-based resources to minimize the cost and hassle of network monitoring and management. On-premises agent software collects device and performance data via standard communications protocols such as ICMP, MDNS, SMB, SNMP, SSH, Telnet, TFTP and UPnP. The gathered information is periodically sent to ProSight WAN Watch cloud servers using an SSL-encrypted web socket with certificate authentication. Device credentials and configuration data shared with ProSight WAN Watch are stored in the cloud using AES-128 encryption. No traffic content, such as email messages, can be read by the ProSight WAN Watch cloud servers, so your sensitive corporate and private data stay secure. The network diagrams, device profiles and visualizations of network data available via the ProSight WAN Watch dashboard are accessible to authorized users only via a secure login to a web browser.
ProSight WAN Watch servers are hosted in the Amazon cloud, which offers an abundance of security features such as electronic surveillance, multi-factor access control systems, 24x7 staffing by trained security guards, ISO 28001 and 9001 certifications, and regular SOC 1 audits. In comparison to an on-premises architecture, the SaaS model employed by ProSight WAN Watch significantly reduces the cost of setup and operations, avoids maintenance overhead, allows on-demand access to limitless storage and processing capacity, and delivers world-class levels of availability and recoverability.
Download Progent's ProSight WAN Watch: Network Infrastructure Remote Monitoring and Management Datasheet
To view or download Progent's ProSight WAN Watch infrastructure RMM services datasheet, click:
Progent's ProSight WAN Watch Infrastructure Monitoring Services Datasheet. (PDF - 88 KB)
How Progent Can Help You with ProSight WAN Watch
Progent can set up ProSight WAN Watch and use the platform for remotely monitoring and troubleshooting your network infrastructure. You can outsource all your network monitoring and management activities to Progent's experts or you can co-source these services by using Progent for occasional IT consulting and troubleshooting. Progent can provide high-level support for the network infrastructure, servers, virtual machines, endpoints, and services that can be monitored by ProSight WAN Watch. As an example, Progent maintains a large team of Cisco CCIE-certified network infrastructure consultants who can deliver online or onsite support for all of Cisco's network devices and management software. Progent can also provide the service of a certified VMware VCDX consultant to help you design, configure, manage and troubleshoot a vSphere-based virtualization solution.
With 20 years of background providing remote IT monitoring and management services across the U.S., and with a team of over 100 network consultants and subject matter experts, Progent has the breadth and depth of experience to make sure your ProSight WAN Watch deployment delivers maximum business value.
ProSight Network Audit Basic: Low-cost Network Health Audit with Active Directory (AD) Cleanup Report
ProSight WAN Watch is the remote monitoring and management tool that drives Progent's ProSight Network Audit Basic service. This fast and affordable network health review offers an unbiased assessment on how closely the current configuration of your essential network components follows leading practices. The audit comes with a valuable Active Directory (AD) Cleanup report to help you straighten out one of the most important and neglected areas of small businesses network management. The audit also includes one year of Progent's ProSight WAN Watch managed service. To find out more about ProSight Network Audit Basic, see ProSight Network Audit Basic.
Other ProSight Managed Services Offered by Progent
In addition to ProSight WAN Watch, Progent's ProSight line of infrastructure management services includes other low-cost remote monitoring and management services that cover various key facets of your information network including endpoint security, backup and disaster recovery, email content filtering, server and desktop monitoring, virtual machine hosting, and IT documentation management. Partnerships with top RMM technology providers allow Progent to offer small and medium-size businesses the advantages of the same cutting-edge monitoring and management technology used by major enterprises.
Managed services available from Progent include:
Download Progent's 10 Benefits of Managed IT Services White Paper
- ProSight Active Security Monitoring: Endpoint Protection and Ransomware Defense
Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) is an endpoint protection service that utilizes SentinelOne's cutting edge behavior machine learning tools to guard physical and virtual endpoints against modern malware attacks such as ransomware and email phishing, which easily get by traditional signature-matching anti-virus products. ProSight ASM protects local and cloud-based resources and offers a single platform to automate the complete malware attack lifecycle including blocking, infiltration detection, containment, cleanup, and forensics. Key features include single-click rollback with Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) and real-time network-wide immunization against newly discovered threats. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Read more about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery.
- ProSight Enhanced Security Protection: Endpoint Protection and Microsoft Exchange Email Filtering
ProSight Enhanced Security Protection (ESP) managed services offer economical in-depth protection for physical and virtual servers, workstations, smartphones, and Microsoft Exchange. ProSight ESP uses contextual security and modern behavior analysis for round-the-clock monitoring and responding to cyber threats from all vectors. ProSight ESP offers two-way firewall protection, penetration alarms, device management, and web filtering through leading-edge technologies incorporated within one agent managed from a single control. Progent's security and virtualization experts can assist you to design and implement a ProSight ESP deployment that addresses your organization's unique requirements and that helps you demonstrate compliance with legal and industry information protection regulations. Progent will assist you define and implement security policies that ProSight ESP will enforce, and Progent will monitor your network and react to alerts that call for immediate attention. Progent can also assist your company to install and verify a backup and disaster recovery system like ProSight Data Protection Services so you can get back in business rapidly from a destructive cyber attack such as ransomware. Read more about Progent's ProSight Enhanced Security Protection (ESP) unified endpoint protection and Microsoft Exchange email filtering.
- ProSight Data Protection Services: Backup and Recovery Services
Progent has partnered with advanced backup/restore technology companies to create ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a family of subscription-based management outsourcing plans that deliver backup-as-a-service (BaaS). ProSight DPS products automate and track your backup operations and enable non-disruptive backup and rapid restoration of critical files/folders, apps, system images, and VMs. ProSight DPS lets your business recover from data loss caused by equipment breakdown, natural disasters, fire, cyber attacks such as ransomware, human mistakes, ill-intentioned employees, or software glitches. Managed backup services available in the ProSight DPS product family include ProSight Altaro VM Backup, ProSight 365 Total Backup (formerly Altaro 365 Backup), ProSight DPS ECHO Backup using Barracuda purpose-built hardware, and ProSight DPS MSP360 Hybrid Backup. Your Progent service representative can assist you to identify which of these fully managed services are most appropriate for your IT environment.
- ProSight Email Guard: Inbound and Outbound Spam Filtering and Data Leakage Protection
ProSight Email Guard is Progent's spam filtering service that uses the technology of top information security vendors to provide centralized control and world-class protection for your email traffic. The powerful architecture of Email Guard integrates cloud-based filtering with an on-premises security gateway device to provide advanced defense against spam, viruses, Denial of Service Attacks, Directory Harvest Attacks, and other email-based malware. The Cloud Protection Layer acts as a first line of defense and keeps most unwanted email from making it to your security perimeter. This decreases your exposure to external attacks and saves network bandwidth and storage. Email Guard's onsite security gateway device provides a further level of analysis for inbound email. For outbound email, the onsite security gateway offers anti-virus and anti-spam filtering, protection against data leaks, and email encryption. The on-premises gateway can also assist Exchange Server to track and protect internal email that originates and ends inside your security perimeter. For more details, see ProSight Email Guard spam filtering and data leakage protection.
- ProSight LAN Watch: Server and Desktop Monitoring
ProSight LAN Watch is Progent's server and desktop monitoring service that incorporates state-of-the-art remote monitoring and management (RMM) technology to help keep your network operating at peak levels by checking the health of critical computers that drive your information system. When ProSight LAN Watch uncovers an issue, an alert is transmitted immediately to your specified IT personnel and your assigned Progent consultant so that all looming problems can be resolved before they can disrupt productivity. Learn more about ProSight LAN Watch server and desktop remote monitoring consulting.
- ProSight Virtual Hosting: Hosted Virtual Machines at Progent's Tier III Data Center
With Progent's ProSight Virtual Hosting service, a small organization can have its key servers and applications hosted in a protected fault tolerant data center on a fast virtual machine host set up and maintained by Progent's IT support professionals. Under the ProSight Virtual Hosting service model, the customer retains ownership of the data, the OS software, and the applications. Because the system is virtualized, it can be moved immediately to a different hardware environment without a time-consuming and difficult configuration process. With ProSight Virtual Hosting, your business is not tied one hosting service. Find out more details about ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
- ProSight IT Asset Management: Network Documentation Management
Progent's ProSight IT Asset Management service is a cloud-based IT documentation management service that allows you to create, update, find and protect information about your IT infrastructure, procedures, business apps, and services. You can instantly find passwords or IP addresses and be alerted automatically about impending expirations of SSLs or domains. By updating and organizing your network documentation, you can eliminate as much as 50% of time spent trying to find critical information about your IT network. ProSight IT Asset Management features a centralized repository for storing and collaborating on all documents required for managing your network infrastructure like standard operating procedures (SOPs) and How-To's. ProSight IT Asset Management also supports advanced automation for collecting and relating IT information. Whether you're making improvements, doing maintenance, or reacting to an emergency, ProSight IT Asset Management delivers the data you require the instant you need it. Find out more about Progent's ProSight IT Asset Management service.
- Active Protection Against Ransomware: AI-based Ransomware Identification and Remediation
Progent's Active Defense Against Ransomware is an endpoint protection (EPP) service that utilizes next generation behavior-based analysis technology to guard endpoint devices as well as servers and VMs against new malware assaults such as ransomware and email phishing, which easily evade legacy signature-matching AV products. Progent ASM services safeguard on-premises and cloud resources and offers a single platform to address the complete malware attack progression including protection, detection, mitigation, remediation, and forensics. Key capabilities include one-click rollback with Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service and automatic network-wide immunization against new threats. Learn more about Progent's ransomware defense and cleanup services.
- Progent's Outsourced/Shared Call Center: Help Desk Managed Services
Progent's Call Desk managed services allow your IT staff to offload Support Desk services to Progent or split responsibilities for Service Desk support transparently between your in-house support staff and Progent's extensive pool of IT support technicians, engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's Shared Service Desk provides a smooth supplement to your corporate support resources. End user access to the Help Desk, delivery of technical assistance, problem escalation, trouble ticket creation and updates, efficiency measurement, and maintenance of the service database are consistent whether incidents are taken care of by your core IT support organization, by Progent's team, or a mix of the two. Learn more about Progent's outsourced/co-managed Call Center services.
- Progent's Patch Management: Software/Firmware Update Management Services
Progent's support services for patch management provide organizations of all sizes a versatile and affordable alternative for assessing, validating, scheduling, applying, and tracking updates to your dynamic information network. Besides optimizing the protection and functionality of your computer network, Progent's software/firmware update management services allow your in-house IT staff to concentrate on line-of-business initiatives and tasks that deliver maximum business value from your network. Find out more about Progent's patch management services.
- ProSight Duo Two-Factor Authentication: Access Security, Endpoint Remediation, and Protected Single Sign-on (SSO)
Progent's Duo authentication services utilize Cisco's Duo technology to protect against stolen passwords through the use of two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo supports single-tap identity confirmation with iOS, Google Android, and other personal devices. With Duo 2FA, when you sign into a protected online account and give your password you are asked to verify your identity on a device that only you have and that is accessed using a different network channel. A wide range of out-of-band devices can be used as this second form of authentication such as a smartphone or wearable, a hardware token, a landline phone, etc. You may register several validation devices. For more information about Duo two-factor identity validation services, refer to Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication services.
To download a white paper explaining why managed services are quickly takingthe place of the old break/fix model of network support for small and mid-size businesses, click:
10 Benefits of Managed IT Services. (PDF - 710 KB)
ProSight Network Audits
Progent's ProSight Network Audits offer a quick and low-cost way for small and mid-size businesses to obtain an objective assessment of the health of their IT system. Powered by some of the top remote monitoring and management (RMM) platforms available, and supervised by Progent's certified team of information technology experts, ProSight Network Audits show you how closely the configuration of your core infrastructure assets conform to industry leading practices. The Basic and Advanced options for ProSight Network Audit services are available at a low, one-time cost and provide immediate ROI such as a more manageable Active Directory system. Both versions also come with a year of state-of-the-art remote network monitoring and management. Advantages can include simpler management, improved compliance with information security standards, higher utilization of IT assets, faster troubleshooting, more reliable backup and restore, and higher availability. See more information about Progent's ProSight Network Audits IT infrastructure review.
The ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report Service
Progent's ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report service is a low-cost service based on a brief phone discussion with a Progent information assurance consultant. The fact-finding interview is designed to help assess your company's ability to block ransomware or recover quickly after an assault by a ransomware variant such as Ryuk, Maze, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, DopplePaymer, LockBit or Egregor. Progent will consult with you personally to collect information concerning your current antivirus tools and backup system, and Progent will then produce a written Basic Security and Best Practices Report describing how you can apply industry best practices to create an efficient AV and backup system that reduces your vulnerability to a ransomware attack and aligns with your company's requirements. For details, visit The ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report.
Additional Value-priced Service Packages Available from Progent
Specially priced service bundles available from Progent to help you achieve and prove compliance with regulatory and industry security standards include security vulnerability assessment and stealth penetration testing. Progent also offers expert disaster recovery planning consulting and business continuity planning consulting to help ensure you can return to operations quickly in case of a catastrophic failure due to a natural disaster, fire, cyber attack, human error, equipment breakdown, or any other foreseeable disruptive event.
Contact Progent to Find Out More about ProSight WAN Watch RMM Services
For pricing information and to learn more about how ProSight WAN Watch services can cut management costs and increase network uptime and performance, call Progent at 800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.