Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a major impact on IT architecture, security, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Providence organization to pick the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you over challenging technical roadblocks to full project management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Providence, Rhode Island businesses to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Call Desk augmentation, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the network infrastructure needed to support an at-home work environment can be especially complex if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware like PCs and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online support for both legacy and modern IT products in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement essential updates. Services available from Progent to assist your company to create a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authenticated remote employees to use IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow an at-home worker to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This provides network managers more control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for integrating routers from all major vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting an entire household and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create throughput as well as security issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by delivering services that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup help.
- Internet access solutions affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Business-critical applications might require redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for picking Internet service providers, selecting sensible service offerings, and setting up redundant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Integration for Teleworkers
Extending the business phone environment to accommodate telecommuters is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX products are popular with SMBs to server remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to plan or tune a remote IP voice environment that provides the flexibility, convenience and security required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide advanced support to assist organizations tune their existing Cisco VoIP systems to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers enterprise IP telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia software used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional combined media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help you to maintain your current CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, see CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with clients operating outside the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad range of video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many companies utilize multiple products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist you to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that supports presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to deploy and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities such as video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, providing a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user interface for sharing data and ideas across multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has delivered online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can assist your company to tune these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to enable collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and utilities for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create protected portals that allows remote workers to see and update aggregated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, visit SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting services, go to integration expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues can access them safely via a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home workers to co-author files. Revisions made offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent offers advanced online assistance for helping businesses to create, maintain and troubleshoot integrated network architectures that include physical data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, plus public cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all types of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers fix problems with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Azure is a popular family of cloud software and services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure features more than one hundred cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish protected connections to Azure for at-home workers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, see Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity software and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and cloud services are marketed in a selection of bundles designed for customers ranging from students and small offices to large enterprises. Progent can provide quick and easy online contact with experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist you to assess the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 consulting expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with local deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide occasional help to guide you through challenging IT roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your teleworkers have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's consulting expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with cloud integration experts who can assist your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to create a high-availability network model to make sure your employees have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. For details about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular collection of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to scale your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can help you make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage services, and streamline identity management for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help you to use GCP's management tools to control and track your GCP environment. For details, go to Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Teleworkers
A sudden, company-wide transition to a teleworker business model, which could be driven by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses to outsource or supplement their Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services utilize Progent's nationwide network of online technical support experts along with world-class ticketing and tracking technology to offer an economical, advanced Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop support from initial help requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to check or revise their current trouble tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures or attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent offers the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with advanced problems. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service allows your business to augment your current Support Desk organization by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk services transparently between your in-house IT support personnel and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support model utilizing the leading professional services automation platform for managing help requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and generating reports. For information about how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can help your business to deliver best-in-class IT support to your telecommuters, refer to Progent's Help Desk Call Center supplementation Services.
Security for Remote Workers
Teleworkers commonly run their own computers and work in a physically unsecured environment. This worsens their exposure to cyber threats and calls for judicious use of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of security policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity experts can help you to design, deploy and manage a modern security solution that safeguards sensitive information in IT networks that incorporate remote workers.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users as well as by at-home workers, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and control appropriate permissions to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks become more complex. Progent works with both current and legacy security devices from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support services, refer to firewall integration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate computers used by remote workers and either reject or spot and respond to the latest threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is installed on each protected endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning to identify new threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the targeted endpoint from the network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all classes of external and local security threats for a network that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for rapidly and economically detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by network security professionals with top credentials such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your workflows and governance policies and assess your network architecture to allow you to design the highest level of security for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and recovering vital data in order to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage system failures due to hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, user mistakes, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for at-home workers must address multiple types of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers fast remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a broad array of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and features fine-grained recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often envision circumstances that require a quick switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help your company to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager features a unified environment for safeguarding critical information by controlling onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises computers and software. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how teleworkers share data, establish threat protection, verify compliance, and delete corporate information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune runs with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For information about Intune and how Progent can assist you to use this platform to administer the devices of your teleworkers, visit Intune remote endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM platform that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product through a perpetual license. Key features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Providence, Rhode Island organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.