Expanding your remote workforce can have a significant impact on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of background assisting SMBs to design, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Providence company to pick the right tools and follow leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you past occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Providence, Rhode Island organizations to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning telecommuting environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be particularly challenging if you have to manage a mix of worker-owned equipment such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from different manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote support for both outdated as well as current IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Services available from Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authorized remote employees to use IT assets located at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a telecommuter to view and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This provides network managers substantial control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online consulting for deploying routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by the whole family and visitors, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance and security issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Mission-critical processes may require backup Internet access in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for identifying ISPs, picking appropriate service bundles, and setting up redundant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Integration for Remote Workers
Extending the corporate PBX environment to include remote users is vital to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based IP voice platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to support remote users. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help businesses of any size to plan or tune a remote VoIP service that delivers the versatility, transparency and security needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed across the network. CUCM manages additional mixed media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, see CUCM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help you to support your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, visit CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with clients operating outside the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your WAN infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed integration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide selection of video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many companies use multiple products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent can assist you to maintain your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that enables presence, IM, audio and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for compatible iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex as well as for other IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as voice/video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams and for other Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to tune your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful environment of productivity apps that create a consistent user experience for exchanging data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can assist businesses to configure these critical collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-based delivery of content, workflow, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create protected portals that allows remote workforce to see and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, see SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange support services, go to deployment consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s shared cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can access them securely through a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to jointly author files. Edits made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent offers affordable online assistance for enabling organizations to create, manage and repair cohesive hybrid network models that combine internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus public cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all types of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters resolve problems with public cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular platform for cloud services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over one hundred cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create secure connections to Azure services for telecommuters by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's support services for Azure, visit Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity software and cloud services available by subscription. Office applications and services are provided in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and households to major corporations. Progent can provide fast and affordable remote contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to assess the numerous subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your teleworkers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 integration expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling you to create hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange experts are available for as-needed assistance to guide you past tough IT roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's consulting expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, refer to Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the world's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and economical online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can help your business to plan, implement, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to build a high-uptime network model so your employees have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular collection of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to extend your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your key apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify identity management for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your GCP environment. To find out, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Telecommuters
A sudden, organization-wide transition to a telecommuter workforce, which might be the result of an epidemic or as an element of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services utilize Progent's nationwide team of online technical support experts combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to provide an affordable, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop support from initial help requests through trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to check or update their current tickets, add information, and upload screen captures and attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent offers the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve advanced problems. For details, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service allows your business to expand your existing Help Desk Call Center team by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center support transparently between your in-house support organization and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support solution based on the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for handling help requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your company to provide world-class technical support to your teleworkers, refer to Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Remote workers commonly run their personal computing devices and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and calls for careful use of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that follow best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can help your company to plan, deploy and manage a compliant cybersecurity environment that protects critical data in IT networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network that can be safely utilized by on-premises users and by at-home workers, mobile employees, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to assign and control different permissions to various classes of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats become more complex. Progent works with both new and older security devices from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support services, refer to firewall integration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate devices utilized by at-home workers and either reject or identify and mitigate modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each protected endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to identify zero-day attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the infected endpoint device from the network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all classes of outside and internal security threats for an environment that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis software for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by data security experts with top credentials such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your processes and governance policies and assess your IT architecture to enable you to implement top-level protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and restoring critical data in order to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in the event of storage system failures resulting from hardware issues, software glitches, human error, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to architect and manage in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for an at-home workforce must address multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast online help from consultants familiar with a broad array of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and features granular restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies often envision circumstances that require a rapid changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help your business to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified solution for protecting corporate data by controlling onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting mobile computers and software. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. Network admins managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing information and resources, set passwords, create VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share information, establish threat defense, ensure security compliance, and delete sensitive information from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune runs with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To learn about Intune and how Progent can help your company to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, see Intune telecommuter endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM platform that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a one-time purchase. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. To find out about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your Providence, Rhode Island company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.