Expanding your at-home workforce may have a significant effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Providence organization to select the appropriate tools and follow leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you past occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Providence, Rhode Island businesses to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning telecommuting environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Help Desk services, data security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home work environment can be especially complex if you must manage a combination of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from various vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing remote help for both legacy and current IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to establish a safe connection for authorized at-home workers to access IT resources located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a teleworker to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This gives network managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert online consulting for deploying routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting an entire household and visitors, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and security problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by providing expertise like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Business-critical processes may require redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking Internet service providers, choosing appropriate service offerings, and setting up high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the business PBX environment to accommodate teleworkers is critical to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or older products for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to design or maintain a remote VoIP environment that provides the flexibility, transparency and security needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer high-level support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers enterprise telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other mixed media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, refer to CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and deliver on-demand configuration and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent can help you to manage your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that enables presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex and for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include voice/video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist you to tune your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, offering a powerful ecosystem of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for exchanging data and ideas across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their first releases and can help your company to configure these flagship collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-driven access to content, business processes, and utilities for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create protected portals that enables at-home workers to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, visit SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, visit integration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can access them safely through a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables home workers to co-author documents. Revisions made offline are uploaded when you go back online. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide advanced remote assistance for helping organizations to build, manage and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network models that incorporate physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, plus public cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for public cloud software and services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over one hundred cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create protected access to Azure for teleworkers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's expertise for Azure, visit Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity applications and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and cloud services are provided in a variety of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to large enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help your business to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your remote workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft 365 integration expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run transparently with local deployments of Exchange, enabling you to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide as-needed assistance to guide you past challenging technical bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your at-home workers have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's top provider of cloud services. Progent can provide rapid and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can help your business to plan, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to create a high-uptime network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading collection of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your key apps cloud ready so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your business to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify identity management for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist you to use GCP's unified management technology to administer and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. To learn, visit Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Telecommuters
A rapid, company-wide changeover to a from-home workforce, which could be the result of an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses to outsource or augment their Support Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services utilize Progent's nationwide team of remote technical support specialists combined with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 PC support from service requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to track or edit their current trouble tickets, add details, and upload screen captures and relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent offers optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve advanced issues. For more information, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service enables your company to expand your current Call Center staff by sharing responsibilities for Support Desk services transparently between your regular support staff and Progent's extensive team of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk service is based on a collective support model based on the leading professional services automation platform for handling help requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and producing reports. For details about how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can help your company to provide best-in-class technical support to your teleworkers, go to Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
Telecommuters commonly use their own computers and work in a physically unsecured space. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and calls for judicious deployment of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of policies based on best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security experts can assist your business to plan, implement and administer a modern security solution that guards vital information in IT networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network environment that can be safely utilized by local users and by teleworkers, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances permit you to assign and manage appropriate permissions to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both new and older security appliances from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration expertise, see firewall integration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate computers utilized by remote workers and either reject or identify and mitigate the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on each secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to identify zero-day attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the impacted device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoints stay protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all classes of outside and internal security attacks for a network that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for rapidly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be provided by data security experts with advanced credentials such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your processes and policies and assess your network infrastructure to allow you to implement the highest level of security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection involves saving and recovering critical information in order to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time in case of storage system failures resulting from equipment issues, software hiccups, user error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to design and maintain in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for telecommuters must address diverse types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick online help from consultants knowledgeable about a wide array of products for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features fine-grained restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often envision circumstances that call for a temporary changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity specialists can help your business to produce, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a unified solution for safeguarding critical information by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting mobile devices and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how telecommuters share information, set up threat protection, verify security compliance, and wipe sensitive data from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. For information about Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint devices of your at-home workers, visit Intune mobile endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management product that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product through a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your Providence, Rhode Island business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.