Expanding your remote workforce may have a major effect on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Rancho Cordova organization to pick the right technologies and follow leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual office solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers top value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you past occasional technical roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Rancho Cordova, California organizations to with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be especially complicated if you must manage a combination of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from various vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing remote help for both outdated as well as current technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to assist your company to create a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a secure connection for authorized remote workers to use IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This gives network managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online consulting for deploying home routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting the whole family and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by providing services that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Mission-critical processes may require backup Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for identifying ISPs, choosing sensible service bundles, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Integration for Teleworkers
Expanding the company PBX environment to include remote users is vital to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are popular with SMBs to support teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or older products for VoIP solutions. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to design or tune a remote VoIP environment that delivers the versatility, transparency and security needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to help organizations optimize their existing Cisco VoIP environments to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends high-end IP telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other combined media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist you to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide range of video conferencing products from major technology companies enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many companies use a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help you to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex and for other video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with features such as IP voice and video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting services for these products and
help you to tune your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich environment of productivity apps that create a consistent user interface for exchanging information across a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can help your company to tune these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to promote collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-based access to data, business processes, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build protected web portals that permits at-home workers to see and update aggregated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting services, refer to planning and configuration consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s shared cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can share them securely through a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows home employees to co-edit files. Revisions created offline are synced when you go back online. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable remote support for helping organizations to create, manage and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network models that incorporate physical data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, plus public cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers fix problems with public cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that enables you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure features more than one hundred services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected connections to Azure services for teleworkers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, visit Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity applications and cloud services offered by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of plans intended for customers ranging from students and small offices to major enterprises. Progent offers fast and affordable remote access to consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help your business to evaluate the various subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 integration services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run transparently with local deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide as-needed help to get you past tough technical roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, see Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's top source of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and economical online access to cloud integration experts who can help your organization to design, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to build a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your users have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading set of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can help you make your key apps cloud ready so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access management for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help your organization to use GCP's management technology to control and track your GCP ecosystem. To learn, visit Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
A sudden, organization-wide transition to a teleworker workforce, which could be the result of an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services utilize Progent's extensive team of remote technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from service requests to ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to track or edit their active trouble tickets, add information, and upload screen captures and relevant files. Support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent offers optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve advanced problems. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service allows your business to expand your existing Call Center team by sharing responsibilities for Call Desk services transparently between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Desk service is based on a collaborative support solution utilizing the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling help requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and producing reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your business to deliver world-class IT support to your at-home employees, visit Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
Telecommuters often run their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured area. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for careful use of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity experts can help you to plan, deploy and administer a compliant security environment that safeguards critical data in IT networks that incorporate at-home workers.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be safely utilized by on-premises users as well as by teleworkers, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to configure and control appropriate permissions to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks become more sophisticated. Progent works with both new and legacy security appliances from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support expertise, visit firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the various devices used by at-home workers and either reject or identify and mitigate the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is put on every secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to identify zero-day attacks before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the infected device from the network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain protected even if they are offline. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all types of outside and local security threats for an environment that includes teleworkers. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for rapidly and economically detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be managed by security experts with advanced credentials such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your workflows and policies and review your WAN architecture to allow you to implement top-level security for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
Data Protection covers saving and restoring vital information in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time in the event of storage problems resulting from hardware breakdowns, programming glitches, operator error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to design and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for an at-home workforce must cover diverse kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers fast online help from consultants knowledgeable about a wide array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features granular recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies typically envision circumstances that require a quick switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can assist your company to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager features a centralized platform for safeguarding corporate data by managing onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing remote computers and software. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to deploy and validate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for accessing information and resources, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how telecommuters share information, set up threat protection, ensure security compliance, and erase sensitive data from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your teleworkers, refer to Intune teleworker device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM product that allows network managers to keep offsite endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product through a perpetual license. Key features of Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of new laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your Rancho Cordova, California company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.