Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a significant impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of background helping SMBs to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Rancho Cordova company to pick the appropriate tools and follow best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers top value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you past challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Rancho Cordova, California organizations to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Call Desk services, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be especially challenging if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote support for both outdated and modern technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to establish a safe connection for authorized at-home workers to access IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a telecommuter to see and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This provides IT managers substantial control over the digital environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote consulting for deploying home routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by the whole family and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by providing expertise that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Business-critical applications might require redundant Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for identifying ISPs, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
VoIP Integration for At-Home Workers
Extending the company PBX environment to include teleworkers is critical to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or older products for IP voice management. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that delivers the versatility, transparency and security required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist organizations tune their existing Cisco IP voice environments to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers enterprise IP telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications used across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other combined media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can help your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, visit Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with clients working beyond the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver as-needed integration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies utilize multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your current conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that enables presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to deploy and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for other IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities that include video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting services for these products and
help your business to optimize your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful environment of applications that create a consistent user experience for sharing information across a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoints. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can help businesses to tune these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to promote collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create protected web portals that allows remote workforce to see and edit consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, go to integration expertise for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can retrieve them securely through a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to co-author documents. Revisions created offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent can provide affordable online assistance for helping organizations to create, maintain and troubleshoot integrated network models that incorporate internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers resolve problems with cloud access, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of cloud services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers over 100 services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish secure connections to Azure services for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a variety of plans intended for customers ranging from students and small offices to major corporations. Progent offers fast and affordable remote contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist your business to assess the numerous subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your remote workers to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft Office 365 integration expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate smoothly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide occasional assistance to get you through tough IT bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your teleworkers have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your business to design, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to create a high-uptime network model to make sure your employees have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading collection of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to extend your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your key apps cloud friendly so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help you to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage services, and simplify access management for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist your organization to use GCP's unified management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. For details, refer to Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
A sudden, enterprise-wide changeover to a from-home business model, which could be activated by a pandemic or as a component of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Call Center. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or expand their Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services utilize Progent's extensive team of online technical support specialists along with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from service requests through ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to track or update the status of their active tickets, enter details, and upload screenshots and attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent offers optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve advanced problems. For more information, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Center Supplemental Service allows your company to expand your existing Support Desk organization by sharing responsibilities for Call Center services transparently between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's nationwide pool of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support solution utilizing the leading PSA tool for managing help requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and generating reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can help your company to provide best-in-class technical support to your at-home workforce, visit Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
Teleworkers commonly use their own computers and work in a physically unsecured area. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires careful use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies based on best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity professionals can help your business to design, implement and manage a modern security solution that protects critical information in IT networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network environment that can be securely accessed by local users as well as by at-home workers, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and the public. Modern firewall appliances permit you to assign and manage appropriate permissions to various groups of users and to scale your network and modify your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats become more complex. Progent supports both new and legacy firewall devices from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall configuration services, visit firewall integration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate devices utilized by at-home workers and either block or identify and mitigate the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is put on every secured endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to detect new threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the infected device from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay secure even when they are offline. For more information about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all types of external and local security attacks for an environment that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for rapidly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be provided by data security experts with top certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your procedures and policies and review your network architecture to enable you to implement top-level security for your remote workers.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and recovering vital data in order to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage system failures resulting from hardware breakdowns, software hiccups, human error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for telecommuters must cover multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast remote help from consultants knowledgeable about a broad range of products for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and includes granular recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly anticipate scenarios that require a temporary switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can help your business to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager features a unified environment for protecting critical data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote computers and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and validate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and networks, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share information, establish threat defense, ensure security compliance, and wipe sensitive data from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For information about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your at-home workers, go to Intune mobile endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network managers to keep remote endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Rancho Cordova, California business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.