Enlarging your remote workforce can have a significant impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Rancho Cordova organization to pick the right tools and follow best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand guidance for helping you over occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Rancho Cordova, California businesses to with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Call Desk services, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be particularly complex if you have to accommodate a combination of personal equipment like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from various manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing remote support for both legacy and current technologies in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to establish a safe connection for authenticated at-home employees to access IT resources located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote consulting for setting up home routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting an entire household and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance and security issues. Progent can assist you to mitigate these issues by delivering services like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Business-critical applications might demand redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for selecting ISPs, picking sensible service bundles, and configuring high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the business phone system to accommodate teleworkers is vital to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP platforms are used by SMBs to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or legacy products for IP voice management. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to plan or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that delivers the versatility, convenience and security required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide advanced support to help organizations optimize their existing Cisco VoIP systems to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers enterprise telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications used across the network. CUCM supports other combined media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help your company to support your existing CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with clients working beyond the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver on-demand deployment and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad selection of video conferencing products from major vendors enable online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite workers and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize a mix of products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your existing conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that enables presence, IM, audio and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Webex and for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities such as voice/video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these products and
help you to tune your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful ecosystem of applications that deliver a consistent user interface for exchanging information across multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can assist businesses to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-driven access to content, business processes, and utilities for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create protected web portals that enables at-home workforce to view and edit aggregated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, visit SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange expertise, refer to integration expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can share them safely via a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows at-home workers to co-edit files. Edits created offline are synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, refer to Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent offers affordable remote assistance for enabling businesses to create, manage and repair cohesive hybrid network models that include physical data centers, remote workers, branches, plus public cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters resolve problems with cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular platform for public cloud services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure features over one hundred services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish secure access to Azure services for at-home workers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity applications and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a variety of plans intended for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to large corporations. Progent offers quick and easy remote contact with experts familiar with Office 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist you to assess the numerous subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your at-home workers to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft Office 365 consulting expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with local deployments of Exchange, allowing you to build hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide occasional assistance to get you past challenging technical roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to make sure your teleworkers have convenient and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, visit Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the world's biggest source of cloud services. Progent offers quick and economical online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to plan, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to create a high-availability network architecture so your users have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your business to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your critical applications cloud friendly so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can help your organization to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify access control for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also help your business to utilize GCP's management technology to administer and track your Google Cloud environment. For details, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration services.
Help Desk Services for At-Home Workers
A sudden, company-wide changeover to a telecommuter workforce, which might be activated by a pandemic or as a component of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Call Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online technical support experts combined with world-class ticketing and tracking technology to offer an affordable, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 PC support from initial help requests through trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to monitor or revise the status of their current tickets, enter details, and append screen captures and relevant files. Technical support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent makes available the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with complex problems. To learn more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service enables your company to expand your existing Help Desk staff by splitting delivery of Support Desk services seamlessly between your in-house support organization and Progent's extensive roster of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service uses a collective support model based on the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for managing help requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. For details about how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your company to provide best-in-class technical support to your teleworkers, see Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Remote Workers
Remote workers commonly run their personal computers and work in an unsecured environment. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and calls for careful deployment of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of security policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can assist your company to plan, deploy and administer a modern security solution that guards sensitive data in networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network that can be securely accessed by local users and by telecommuters, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to assign and manage appropriate access rights to various classes of users and to scale your network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as network attacks become increasingly complex. Progent works with both new and older security devices from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support services, see firewall support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the various devices used by at-home workers and either block or identify and mitigate modern threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is put on every secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and using advanced AI technology to detect new threats before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the impacted endpoint from the network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints remain secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all types of external and local security threats for an environment that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity inventory software for rapidly and affordably detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be provided by data security experts with advanced credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your procedures and governance policies and review your WAN architecture to enable you to design the highest level of security for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
Data Protection covers backing up and restoring vital information in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time in case of storage failures due to hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, human error, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to architect and manage in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for teleworkers must address diverse types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick remote help from experts familiar with a broad range of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often envision circumstances that require a rapid changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning specialists can assist you to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a unified environment for protecting corporate data by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile devices and software. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing data and resources, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share information, set up threat defense, verify compliance, and delete sensitive information from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune works with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To find out about Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint devices of your teleworkers, visit Intune teleworker device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified MDM platform that allows network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of new laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated reporting and analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your Rancho Cordova, California company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.