Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a major effect on network infrastructure, security, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Alexandria company to pick the right tools and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers top value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand expertise for helping you over challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Alexandria, Virginia companies to with any facet of building a high-functioning work-from-home environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, data security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist you to maintain your existing conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that supports presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote workforce. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Webex as well as for other IP video solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Office 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist your business to optimize your network architecture to host them.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your Alexandria, Virginia business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.