Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a significant impact on IT architecture, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Baton Rouge organization to pick the right technologies and follow leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you past occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Baton Rouge, Louisiana businesses to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, helpdesk services, data security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the network infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be especially challenging if you must manage a combination of personal equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote help for both outdated as well as modern IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help your company to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to establish a safe connection for authorized remote workers to access IT resources located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a telecommuter to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives IT managers substantial control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online support for deploying home routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by the whole family and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Line-of-business processes might require backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for identifying ISPs, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Solutions for Telecommuters
Expanding the business phone environment to accommodate teleworkers is critical to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for VoIP management. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to plan or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that delivers the flexibility, transparency and protection required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist organizations optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers advanced telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional mixed media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, see Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to maintain your current CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with users working outside the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and provide online configuration and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad selection of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support online discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies utilize a mix of products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent can assist your organization to manage your current conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home employees. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support services for Webex as well as for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as IP voice and video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, providing a powerful environment of productivity apps that create a consistent user interface for sharing information across a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial releases and can assist businesses to tune these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to promote collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-based delivery of content, business processes, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to create protected web portals that enables at-home workers to see and edit consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, refer to SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange expertise, refer to deployment expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can access them safely through a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to co-edit files. Edits made offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent offers affordable remote support for helping businesses to build, manage and repair cohesive network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, plus cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers fix issues with cloud access, identity, and security.
Azure is a popular family of cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over 100 cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish protected access to Azure for remote workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, go to Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity applications and cloud services available by subscription. Microsoft apps and cloud services are provided in a variety of plans intended for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to large enterprises. Progent can provide fast and affordable remote contact with consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist your business to assess the numerous subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 integration services.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate smoothly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to create hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to guide you through challenging technical roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management services to make sure your remote workers have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's support services for Office 365 Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your business to plan, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-uptime network model so your employees have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular suite of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your key applications cloud friendly so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify identity control for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent can also help your business to use GCP's management tools to control and monitor your GCP environment. To learn, visit Google Cloud Platform integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Telecommuters
A sudden, company-wide changeover to a telecommuter workforce, which might be the result of an epidemic or as a component of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or augment their Help Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services utilize Progent's nationwide network of remote IT support experts along with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to provide an economical, advanced Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests through trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to check or update their current tickets, add information, and append screenshots and relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent offers the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve advanced problems. For details, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service enables you to supplement your existing Help Desk Call Center staff by sharing responsibilities for Call Center services seamlessly between your in-house support personnel and Progent's nationwide team of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support model utilizing the number one professional services automation platform for managing service requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and generating reports. For information about how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your at-home employees, see Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Remote workers commonly run their personal computing devices and work in a physically unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires judicious use of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the creation of policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity experts can assist you to design, deploy and administer a compliant security solution that safeguards critical data in IT networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile users, vendors, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage different permissions to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks become more complex. Progent works with both new and legacy security appliances from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, refer to firewall integration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various devices used by teleworkers and either reject or spot and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on every secured endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art AI technology to identify new threats before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the infected endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain protected even if they are not connected to the Internet. For details about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all classes of outside and internal security threats for a network that includes telecommuters. Progent can run remote, automated security analysis scanning for quickly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be managed by security professionals with top credentials including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your business to audit your procedures and governance policies and review your IT architecture to allow you to design top-level security for your at-home workers.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
Data Protection covers saving and recovering critical information so as to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time in the event of storage system failures resulting from hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, operator error, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for an at-home workforce must address diverse types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick remote help from consultants knowledgeable about a wide array of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly anticipate scenarios that call for a quick changeover to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity specialists can help you to produce, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for protecting corporate data by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile devices and software. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing data and networks, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share data, set up threat defense, verify compliance, and delete sensitive information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For details about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, go to Intune teleworker device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment through a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Baton Rouge, Louisiana business, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.