Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a major effect on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company culture. Progent has two decades of experience helping businesses of all sizes to design, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Baton Rouge organization to select the right tools and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers top value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you over challenging IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Baton Rouge, Louisiana organizations to with any facet of creating a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the network infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be particularly complicated if you must accommodate a mix of personal equipment such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless appliances from different vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online support for both outdated and modern technologies in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to create a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to use IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a teleworker to see and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers more control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures them a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online consulting for integrating routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by families and guests, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these problems by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration help.
- Internet access methods affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Business-critical applications might demand redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for picking ISPs, choosing sensible service bundles, and setting up redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the business phone environment to accommodate teleworkers is vital to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice products are used by SMBs to support teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to design or tune a telecommuter IP voice service that delivers the flexibility, transparency and protection needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer advanced support to help organizations tune their existing Cisco VoIP environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends high-end IP telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other mixed media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, see Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and provide online deployment and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both onsite workers and at-home workers. Many companies use a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent can assist you to maintain your current conferencing ecosystem and optimize the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that enables presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as IP voice and video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Office 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging services for these products and
assist your business to tune your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, providing a powerful ecosystem of applications that deliver a consistent user experience for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial releases and can assist businesses to configure these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-based delivery of content, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to create protected portals that enables at-home workers to see and edit consolidated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, see SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, refer to integration expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues can access them safely through a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to co-author documents. Edits created offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, refer to Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent can provide advanced remote assistance for helping businesses to create, maintain and optimize integrated network architectures that combine physical data centers, remote workers, branches, plus public cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers resolve issues with cloud access, identity, and security.
Azure is a popular family of public cloud software and services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features over 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and design data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create secure connections to Azure for telecommuters by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, refer to Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and cloud services are marketed in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from students and small offices to large corporations. Progent can provide fast and affordable online contact with consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help you to assess the various subscription bundles available for Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your remote workers in a way that delivers top business value. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 consulting services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling you to build hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide as-needed assistance to get you through challenging IT bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your at-home workers have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the world's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and economical online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to build a high-uptime network model so your employees have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud is a popular set of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your critical apps cloud friendly so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help you to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage, and streamline access control for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's management technology to control and monitor your GCP environment. For information, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Support for Teleworkers
A sudden, enterprise-wide transition to a telecommuter business model, which might be driven by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide network of online IT support specialists along with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an economical, modern Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 PC technical support from initial service requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to monitor or edit the status of their active tickets, add details, and append screenshots and relevant files. Support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent makes available optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve advanced problems. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service allows your company to supplement your existing Help Desk organization by splitting delivery of Help Desk support seamlessly between your in-house support organization and Progent's nationwide team of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Desk service uses a collective support solution based on the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for managing help requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and producing reports. For details about how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your business to deliver world-class desktop support to your telecommuters, see Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
Teleworkers often use their own computing devices and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires judicious use of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security professionals can assist your company to design, deploy and administer a modern security environment that guards vital information in IT networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network environment that can be safely utilized by on-premises users and by teleworkers, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and the public. Modern firewall appliances permit you to configure and control appropriate permissions to different groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks become more complex. Progent supports both new and older security devices from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, go to firewall integration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate devices used by at-home workers and either reject or identify and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on each protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using advanced AI technology to detect new threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the infected device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain protected even when they are not connected to the Internet. To learn more about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all classes of outside and local security attacks for an environment that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for quickly and economically detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be provided by data security professionals with top certifications including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your workflows and policies and review your WAN infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of security for your remote workers.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
Data Protection involves saving and recovering vital data in order to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage problems resulting from equipment breakdowns, programming glitches, user error, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for at-home workers must address diverse types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick remote help from consultants familiar with a broad array of platforms for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and features granular recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly anticipate scenarios that require a temporary changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity consultants can assist you to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified platform for protecting corporate data by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing remote devices and software. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and validate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and resources, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share data, set up threat defense, ensure security compliance, and erase sensitive information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. For details about Intune and how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint devices of your at-home workers, go to Intune telecommuter device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management product that helps network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Baton Rouge, Louisiana company, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.