Expanding your remote workforce can have a significant impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Beverly Hills company to pick the appropriate tools and follow leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns top business value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed guidance for helping you past challenging IT roadblocks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Beverly Hills, California businesses to with any facet of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk augmentation, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home work environment can be particularly complex if you have to manage a combination of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online support for both legacy as well as modern IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist you to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to establish a safe tunnel for authorized at-home employees to use IT resources situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a telecommuter to see and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers more control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote support for deploying routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by providing expertise that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Line-of-business processes might demand redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for selecting Internet service providers, selecting sensible service packages, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Remote Workers
Expanding the corporate phone environment to accommodate teleworkers is vital to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX products are used by SMBs to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or legacy products for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist organizations of any size to design or tune a remote IP voice environment that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide advanced support to help businesses tune their current Cisco VoIP systems to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers high-end IP telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional mixed media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist you to support your existing CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP products, visit CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with users operating outside the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your wide area network architecture to support these VoIP solutions and deliver online deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide range of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many organizations use multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent can help your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Teams and for other Office 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help you to tune your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that create a consistent user interface for sharing data and ideas across a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can help businesses to deploy these critical collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to allow collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-based access to content, workflow, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create protected portals that permits remote workforce to see and edit aggregated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, go to SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, go to planning and configuration consulting for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s shared cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers can share them securely via a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to co-edit files. Edits made offline are synced when you go back online. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent can provide affordable remote support for enabling organizations to build, manage and optimize cohesive network models that incorporate physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all types of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers resolve problems with cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Azure is a leading family of cloud services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over one hundred cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create secure access to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity applications and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and cloud services are marketed in a selection of plans designed for customers ranging from individuals and households to large corporations. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help you to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 consulting expertise.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to build hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional assistance to get you past tough technical roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your at-home workers have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the world's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and economical online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can assist your business to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to build a high-availability network model to make sure your users have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the move. For information about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading suite of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to expand your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage, and simplify identity control for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help your business to use GCP's unified management technology to administer and monitor your GCP environment. To find out, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Services for Telecommuters
An emergency, organization-wide changeover to a from-home business model, which might be driven by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery process, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Call Center. Progent's Call Center services allow businesses to outsource or expand their Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services leverage Progent's extensive network of online technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an economical, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from help requests to ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to monitor or edit their active tickets, add information, and append screen captures and attachments. Support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent makes available the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with complex issues. To learn more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service enables you to expand your current Help Desk staff by splitting responsibilities for Call Center services transparently between your regular support staff and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collective support solution based on the leading professional services automation (PSA) tool for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to provide best-in-class technical support to your at-home workforce, visit Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
At-home workers often use their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured area. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and demands judicious deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can help your organization to plan, deploy and administer a compliant security environment that guards vital data in IT networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network that can be safely utilized by on-premises users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances allow you to configure and control different permissions to different classes of users and to expand your network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both new and older firewall appliances from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, refer to firewall configuration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the various devices utilized by teleworkers and either reject or spot and mitigate modern threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is put on each protected endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning to detect zero-day threats at inception. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the infected endpoint device from the network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain protected even if they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all types of outside and local security threats for a network that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity analysis software for rapidly and economically uncovering a broad range of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be provided by data security professionals with top credentials such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your processes and policies and review your WAN infrastructure to enable you to implement top-level security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and restoring vital information so as to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time in case of storage problems resulting from hardware breakdowns, programming glitches, operator error, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for at-home workers must cover diverse kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers quick remote help from consultants familiar with a wide range of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and features granular restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies often anticipate circumstances that require a temporary switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity consultants can assist your company to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized environment for safeguarding corporate information by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile computers and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for permission to access data and networks, set passwords, create VPN connections, control how telecommuters share data, establish threat defense, ensure security compliance, and delete corporate information from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune runs with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To find out about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist you to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your at-home workers, refer to Intune telecommuter endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management product that allows network managers to keep remote endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for identity control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product through a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Beverly Hills, California company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.