Expanding your at-home workforce may have a significant impact on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Beverly Hills company to select the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand guidance for getting you over occasional technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can help Beverly Hills, California companies to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing work-from-home environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be especially challenging if you must manage a combination of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and wireless APs from different vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online help for both outdated as well as current technologies in remote office venues enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist you to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to establish a safe connection for authorized at-home workers to access IT resources located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for safe VPN connections for a broad selection of devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a teleworker to view and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This gives network managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier remote support for configuring home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by families and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Mission-critical applications might require backup Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for identifying Internet service providers, choosing sensible service bundles, and setting up high-availability Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the business phone environment to include remote users is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based IP voice platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or legacy products for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to design or maintain a telecommuter VoIP service that provides the versatility, convenience and security needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide high-level support to help businesses tune their current Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional combined media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients working outside the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your wide area network architecture to support these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide range of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both onsite workers and teleworkers. Many companies utilize a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help you to maintain your current conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to support your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for video calls. For details about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex as well as for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as voice/video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user interface for exchanging data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first publication and can assist businesses to deploy these flagship collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to allow collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-based delivery of data, business processes, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create secure portals that allows remote workers to see and edit aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, visit SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting services, refer to integration consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues can retrieve them securely through a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows at-home workers to co-author files. Edits made offline are uploaded when you go back online. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent offers affordable online support for helping organizations to create, manage and repair integrated network models that include internal data centers, at-home workers, branches, and public cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with public cloud access, identity, and security.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that enables you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure features more than 100 cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish protected access to Azure for telecommuters by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, go to Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and cloud services are marketed in a variety of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to major enterprises. Progent can provide quick and easy remote access to consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to assess the various subscription bundles available for Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your telecommuters in a way that delivers top business value. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for occasional assistance to guide you through tough technical bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to make sure your at-home workers have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can assist your organization to design, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-uptime network model so your users have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular collection of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your business to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can help you make your key apps cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can help you to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage services, and simplify access management for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist your business to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. To learn, visit Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
A rapid, organization-wide transition to a teleworker workforce, which could be motivated by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services utilize Progent's extensive network of online IT support specialists combined with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to offer an economical, advanced Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from service requests to ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to check or edit their active trouble tickets, add information, and upload screen captures or attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent makes available optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with advanced problems. For details, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service enables your business to supplement your current Support Desk team by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center support seamlessly between your regular IT support staff and Progent's extensive team of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service is based on a collective support model utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for managing service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class IT support to your at-home workforce, see Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Telecommuters
Telecommuters commonly run their own computing devices and work in an unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for careful use of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies based on leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security professionals can help your organization to plan, deploy and administer a modern cybersecurity environment that guards sensitive information in networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices allow you to assign and manage different permissions to different classes of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks become increasingly complex. Progent works with both current and legacy security devices from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support services, refer to firewall support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the various devices utilized by an at-home workforce and either block or identify and respond to modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is put on every secured endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to detect new attacks at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the infected endpoint device from the network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain protected even if they are not connected to the Internet. To learn more about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all classes of outside and local security threats for a network that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can deploy remote, automated security inventory scanning for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by data security professionals with advanced certifications such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your operations and policies and review your network infrastructure to allow you to implement top-level protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical data so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in the event of storage problems due to hardware issues, programming glitches, human mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for an at-home workforce must address multiple kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast online access to experts knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery products supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features granular restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically anticipate circumstances that call for a rapid changeover to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity specialists can assist your company to produce, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a unified solution for protecting critical information by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile devices and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and validate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for permission to access data and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how home-based workers share data, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and erase sensitive data from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune can be used with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. For information about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your teleworkers, see Intune teleworker device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM platform that allows network managers to keep offsite endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product via a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Beverly Hills, California organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.