Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a major effect on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Boise company to select the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns top business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand guidance for helping you over challenging technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Boise, Idaho businesses to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you must accommodate a mix of personal hardware like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from different vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online support for both legacy as well as modern technologies in remote office venues enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement essential upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to create a safe tunnel for authorized at-home employees to access IT assets located at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad range of devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a telecommuter to see and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This gives network managers more control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert online support for deploying routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting families and guests, are commonly used by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by delivering services that include Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Business-critical processes may require redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for picking ISPs, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up high-availability Internet connections. See Internet connectivity integration services.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Boise, Idaho organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.