Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting SMBs to design, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Chesapeake organization to pick the right tools and follow best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you past challenging technical roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Chesapeake, Virginia organizations to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, helpdesk services, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be particularly complicated if you must manage a combination of worker-owned equipment such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from various manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering remote help for both outdated as well as current IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Services available from Progent to assist your company to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a secure connection for authorized at-home workers to access IT assets situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow an at-home worker to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers more control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert online consulting for setting up routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting the whole family and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by delivering expertise that include Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Vital processes may demand redundant Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Solutions for At-Home Workers
Extending the business phone system to include remote users is vital to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice products are used by small and mid-size businesses to support remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy products for IP voice management. Progent can help organizations of any size to plan or maintain a telecommuter VoIP service that provides the versatility, transparency and security needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide advanced support to assist businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers high-end IP telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia software deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional mixed media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist you to support your current CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, refer to CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients working beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your WAN architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand configuration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies support online discussions, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both onsite users and at-home workers. Many companies utilize multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that enables real-time presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for compatible iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for video calls. For details about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with features that include IP voice and video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
help you to optimize your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a powerful environment of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user experience for sharing data and ideas across multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can assist businesses to configure these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to allow collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-based access to content, business processes, and tools for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build protected web portals that allows remote workers to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint expertise, see SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange support services, see integration consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues can access them securely via a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to co-author files. Revisions made offline are synced when you go back online. For information about Progent's support services for OneDrive, go to Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent can provide advanced online support for enabling businesses to build, manage and repair cohesive network models that include internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, and public cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters fix issues with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure features more than one hundred services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create secure connections to Azure for at-home workers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's expertise for Azure, refer to Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity software and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and cloud services are provided in a selection of bundles intended for users ranging from students and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide quick and easy online access to experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help your business to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Office 365 integration support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts can provide as-needed help to get you past tough IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, see Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's top source of cloud services. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to cloud connectivity experts who can assist your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to build a high-availability network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading collection of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your business to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your critical apps cloud friendly so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline identity control for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help your organization to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your Google Cloud environment. For details, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Remote Workers
A sudden, company-wide switchover to a telecommuter business model, which might be motivated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations to outsource or augment their Call Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services utilize Progent's nationwide network of online technical support specialists combined with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an affordable, advanced Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 PC support from help requests through trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to track or revise the status of their current tickets, enter information, and upload screenshots and attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent makes available optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve advanced problems. To learn more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service allows you to augment your current Call Center team by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center support services seamlessly between your regular support staff and Progent's nationwide pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collective support model based on the leading professional services automation tool for managing help requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. For details about how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can enable your company to deliver world-class desktop support to your from-home workers, visit Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
At-home workers often run their own equipment and work in a physically unsecured area. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and demands careful use of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the creation of security policies that follow best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security professionals can help you to design, deploy and administer a modern cybersecurity solution that guards critical data in IT networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network that can be safely accessed by local users and by teleworkers, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and the public. Modern firewall devices permit you to assign and manage different permissions to various groups of users and to scale your network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both new and older security appliances from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration services, go to firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate devices used by an at-home workforce and either reject or spot and mitigate the latest threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is put on every secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning to detect zero-day attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the targeted device from the network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoints remain protected even when they are not connected to the Internet. For details about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all types of outside and internal security threats for a network that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for quickly and economically detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be provided by network security experts with top certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your operations and governance policies and review your IT infrastructure to enable you to design the highest level of security for your at-home workers.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical information so as to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time in case of storage problems due to hardware issues, programming hiccups, human error, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to design and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for at-home workers must address multiple kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide array of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and features fine-grained recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often anticipate scenarios that require a rapid switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity consultants can help your business to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager provides a centralized solution for protecting critical information by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing remote devices and software. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint devices of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for accessing data and networks, set passwords, create VPN connections, control how telecommuters share data, establish threat protection, ensure security compliance, and wipe sensitive information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune runs with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To find out about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help you to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your at-home workers, visit Intune mobile device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product via a perpetual license. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Chesapeake, Virginia company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.