Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on IT architecture, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to design, configure, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Chesapeake organization to select the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns top value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand expertise for getting you past occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Chesapeake, Virginia businesses to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote workforce can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment like PCs and notebooks, routers, and wireless APs from various manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering remote help for both outdated as well as modern technologies in remote office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist you to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to create a secure connection for authenticated at-home workers to use IT assets located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a teleworker to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for setting up home routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these issues by providing expertise that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Business-critical applications may require redundant Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for picking Internet service providers, choosing sensible service bundles, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for Teleworkers
Expanding the corporate phone environment to include teleworkers is vital to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice platforms are popular with SMBs to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or older products for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist organizations of any size to design or maintain a remote VoIP service that delivers the versatility, convenience and protection needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide high-level support to help organizations tune their existing Cisco IP voice environments to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends high-end telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps used across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other combined media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist your company to maintain your current CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, refer to CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients working outside the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver online configuration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from major vendors enable online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many organizations use a mix of products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to set up and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote workforce. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex and for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with features such as voice/video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich ecosystem of applications that create a cohesive user experience for exchanging information across multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first publication and can help your company to configure these flagship collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to enable collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-based access to content, business processes, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create protected portals that allows remote workers to see and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, visit SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, visit integration expertise for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can access them safely through a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to co-author documents. Revisions made offline are synced when you go back online. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, see Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote assistance for enabling organizations to build, manage and troubleshoot integrated network architectures that include internal data centers, at-home workers, branches, plus cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters fix issues with cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular family of cloud services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure features more than 100 cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish secure connections to Azure for remote workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting services for Azure, visit Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Office applications and services are marketed in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and households to major enterprises. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help you to evaluate the numerous subscription plans offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your telecommuters to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 integration support.
Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with local deployments of Exchange, enabling you to build hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for as-needed assistance to guide you through tough IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your telecommuters have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's consulting expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, go to Office 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and economical online access to cloud integration experts who can assist your organization to design, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to build a high-availability network architecture to make sure your users have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your key applications cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage, and streamline identity control for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's unified management technology to control and monitor your GCP ecosystem. For details, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
A fast, enterprise-wide switchover to a telecommuter business model, which could be motivated by a pandemic or as a component of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or expand their Help Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of remote IT support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an economical, advanced Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 PC technical support from initial help requests through trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to check or update their current trouble tickets, add details, and append screen captures or attachments. Technical support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve advanced problems. For details, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service allows your company to supplement your current Call Center team by sharing delivery of Call Desk services transparently between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's extensive team of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support model utilizing the number one professional services automation tool for handling service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and generating management reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your company to deliver best-in-class IT support to your from-home workers, visit Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
At-home workers often run their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured space. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and demands careful use of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist your business to design, deploy and administer a compliant cybersecurity solution that safeguards sensitive information in IT networks that incorporate remote workers.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network environment that can be securely accessed by local users as well as by teleworkers, mobile users, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and control appropriate access rights to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly complex. Progent works with both new and legacy security appliances from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, see firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate computers used by at-home workers and either block or identify and respond to modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and using advanced machine learning to identify zero-day attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the impacted endpoint from the network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all classes of outside and local security attacks for an environment that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can run online, automated security inventory software for rapidly and economically uncovering a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be managed by network security professionals with top credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your business to audit your procedures and policies and review your WAN infrastructure to allow you to implement the highest level of protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers saving and recovering vital information so as to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in case of storage problems resulting from equipment issues, programming glitches, user error, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for telecommuters must address diverse kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick online access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide array of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes granular restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often envision scenarios that require a rapid changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can assist your business to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager features a centralized solution for protecting corporate information by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing remote devices and software. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for permission to access data and resources, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how teleworkers share information, establish threat defense, verify compliance, and erase corporate information from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To find out about Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to manage the devices of your at-home workers, refer to Intune mobile endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management product that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment through a perpetual license. Key features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Chesapeake, Virginia business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.