Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a major impact on network architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of background assisting SMBs to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Chesapeake company to pick the right tools and follow best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you past challenging technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Chesapeake, Virginia organizations to with any facet of building a high-functioning telecommuting environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk augmentation, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be particularly complex if you have to manage a combination of personal hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online help for both legacy as well as current technologies in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home employees to use IT assets situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a wide range of devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives network managers more control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for setting up home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by families and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create throughput and security problems. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Mission-critical applications might require backup Internet access in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting Internet service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Solutions for Remote Workers
Expanding the company PBX environment to accommodate remote users is vital to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or older platforms for VoIP management. Progent can help organizations of any size to design or tune a remote IP voice service that provides the versatility, convenience and security required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide advanced support to help businesses optimize their existing Cisco VoIP systems to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers enterprise telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia software used throughout the network. CUCM manages other mixed media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM support, refer to CUCM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help you to maintain your existing CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, refer to Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network architecture to work with these solutions and provide online deployment and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite users and at-home workers. Many companies utilize a mix of products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent can help your organization to maintain your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to support your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for video sessions. For details about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Webex and for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities such as voice/video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help you to tune your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a powerful environment of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user interface for exchanging information throughout multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can assist businesses to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to promote collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-based access to content, business processes, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to build protected web portals that permits remote workers to see and edit consolidated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, visit SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange support services, go to integration expertise for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can retrieve them securely through a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to jointly author files. Edits created offline are uploaded when you go back online. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide advanced online assistance for enabling businesses to build, manage and troubleshoot integrated network models that incorporate physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers resolve issues with cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular family of cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers more than 100 cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create protected access to Azure for telecommuters by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting services for Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Office applications and cloud services are provided in a variety of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to large corporations. Progent offers quick and easy remote access to consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to assess the various subscription bundles available for Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your remote workers to achieve top business value. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft Office 365 consulting services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide as-needed assistance to get you past challenging technical bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to make sure your teleworkers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's support services for Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the world's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and economical online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your business to plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to build a high-availability network architecture so your users have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud is a popular set of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to scale your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your critical applications cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage services, and streamline access management for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help your organization to utilize GCP's unified management technology to control and monitor your GCP ecosystem. To find out, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for At-Home Workers
A sudden, enterprise-wide switchover to a teleworker business model, which might be the result of a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery process, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Help Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services utilize Progent's nationwide team of online technical support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC technical support from service requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to track or revise their active tickets, enter information, and upload screen captures and relevant files. Support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve complex issues. For details, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service enables your business to expand your existing Call Center organization by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center services transparently between your in-house support organization and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk service uses a collaborative support solution utilizing the number one PSA platform for managing service requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. To learn how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can help your business to provide world-class IT support to your from-home workers, see Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
At-home workers commonly use their personal equipment and work in an unsecured space. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and calls for careful use of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that follow leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security experts can help you to plan, implement and administer a compliant cybersecurity solution that protects sensitive data in networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network that can be safely utilized by local users as well as by telecommuters, mobile employees, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to assign and control appropriate access rights to various classes of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more sophisticated. Progent supports both current and legacy security devices from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall configuration services, visit firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various computers utilized by at-home workers and either block or identify and respond to modern threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is put on each secured endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning to detect zero-day threats before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the impacted device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoints stay protected even when they are offline. To learn more about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all types of outside and local security threats for a network that includes at-home workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated security inventory software for quickly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security holes that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be provided by security experts with top certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your procedures and policies and review your IT architecture to enable you to design the highest level of protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and recovering vital information so as to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time in the event of storage problems due to equipment issues, programming hiccups, user error, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to architect and manage in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for at-home workers must address multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast online help from consultants familiar with a wide array of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery products supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly envision circumstances that require a temporary switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity consultants can assist your business to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized platform for protecting critical information by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote devices and software. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. Network admins managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing data and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, control how teleworkers share information, establish threat defense, ensure security compliance, and delete corporate information from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your at-home workers, see Intune telecommuter device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for access control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment via a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your Chesapeake, Virginia business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.