Expanding your remote workforce may have a significant effect on network architecture, security, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Chesapeake organization to pick the right technologies and follow leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you past occasional technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Chesapeake, Virginia organizations to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-at-home environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk augmentation, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be particularly complex if you must accommodate a mix of personal hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering online help for both outdated and current IT products in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authorized at-home workers to access IT resources situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable an at-home worker to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This gives network managers substantial control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for configuring home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting families and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create throughput as well as security problems. Progent can assist you to mitigate these issues by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Vital processes may require redundant Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for picking ISPs, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the corporate phone environment to include teleworkers is critical to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based VoIP platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to server remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help businesses of any size to plan or tune a remote VoIP environment that delivers the flexibility, convenience and security required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer advanced support to assist organizations optimize their current Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers advanced telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications used throughout the network. CUCM manages other combined media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can assist you to support your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, refer to CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users working beyond the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and provide online deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad range of video conferencing platforms from major vendors support online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many companies utilize a mix of products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent can help your organization to manage your existing conferencing ecosystem and optimize the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that supports presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for compatible iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support expertise for Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with features that include IP voice and video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging expertise for these products and
help you to optimize your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, offering a rich environment of applications that deliver a cohesive user interface for exchanging information across multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can help your company to configure these flagship collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to promote collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-driven delivery of data, business processes, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create secure portals that permits at-home workforce to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint support services, visit SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting services, go to integration consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues can retrieve them securely via a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home workers to co-author files. Edits created offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent offers affordable remote assistance for helping businesses to create, manage and repair cohesive network architectures that include physical data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, and public cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers fix issues with public cloud access, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for cloud services that enables you to use infrastructure, servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure features more than one hundred cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create protected connections to Azure for remote workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's support services for Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity software and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and services are marketed in a variety of bundles designed for customers ranging from students and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide quick and easy remote contact with consultants familiar with Office 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to evaluate the various subscription bundles available for Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 integration expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to build hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide occasional assistance to get you through challenging IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to make sure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide fast and affordable online contact with cloud integration consultants who can assist your business to plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to create a high-availability network architecture to make sure your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular suite of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to expand your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your key applications cloud ready so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist you to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access management for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist you to use GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud environment. To learn, refer to Google Cloud Platform consulting expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Support for At-Home Workers
A fast, organization-wide switchover to a telecommuter business model, which could be driven by a pandemic or as an element of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or expand their Call Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services utilize Progent's extensive team of remote technical support experts along with world-class ticketing and tracking software to provide an affordable, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests to ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to monitor or update their active trouble tickets, enter details, and append screen captures and relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent offers the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with advanced problems. For more information, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service allows your business to augment your existing Help Desk staff by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center support services transparently between your in-house support personnel and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service is based on a collective support model utilizing the number one professional services automation platform for managing help requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and producing reports. For details about how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can help your company to provide world-class IT support to your teleworkers, see Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
Teleworkers often run their personal computers and work in an unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and demands judicious use of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the creation of policies based on leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security professionals can help your organization to plan, implement and administer a modern security environment that safeguards critical information in IT networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by teleworkers, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to assign and control appropriate access rights to various groups of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both current and older firewall devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall support expertise, visit firewall support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the various computers utilized by remote workers and either block or spot and respond to modern threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is put on every protected endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art AI technology to detect zero-day attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the impacted device from the network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoints stay protected even when they are offline. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all classes of external and local security attacks for a network that includes teleworkers. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be managed by security experts with top certifications including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your workflows and policies and assess your network architecture to allow you to implement the highest level of security for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering vital data so as to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in case of storage failures due to equipment issues, software hiccups, human error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for teleworkers must address diverse kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick remote help from consultants familiar with a broad range of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and features granular restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically anticipate circumstances that call for a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity consultants can assist you to produce, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Endpoint Manager provides a centralized platform for safeguarding corporate information by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing remote devices and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and validate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for permission to access information and networks, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share information, set up threat protection, verify compliance, and wipe corporate information from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune can be used with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. For details about Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to manage the devices of your teleworkers, see Intune remote device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of new laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Chesapeake, Virginia business, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.