Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on network architecture, security, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Fort Collins company to pick the right technologies and follow best practices in building and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns top value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you over occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Fort Collins, Colorado businesses to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure needed to support a remote work environment can be especially complex if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless appliances from various vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online support for both outdated as well as current technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to establish a secure connection for authenticated at-home workers to access IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a teleworker to see and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for configuring routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by families and visitors, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can create performance as well as security issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these problems by providing services that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Line-of-business applications may demand backup Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for selecting ISPs, picking appropriate service bundles, and configuring high-availability Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Integration for At-Home Workers
Expanding the business PBX environment to include telecommuters is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or maintain a remote IP voice service that delivers the flexibility, convenience and protection needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide advanced support to assist businesses optimize their existing Cisco VoIP systems to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers advanced telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other combined media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, refer to Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help you to support your current CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP products, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your WAN architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed deployment and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad selection of video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many companies use multiple products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help you to manage your existing voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support services for Webex and for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with features that include video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help you to optimize your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a consistent user experience for exchanging data and ideas across a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can help businesses to tune these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to promote collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven delivery of data, business processes, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create secure web portals that enables remote workers to view and update consolidated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint expertise, visit SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange support services, see integration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can retrieve them securely via a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to co-edit documents. Revisions made offline are synced when you go back online. For information about Progent's support services for OneDrive, see Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote support for helping businesses to build, manage and repair cohesive network architectures that combine physical data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, plus cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all types of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers fix issues with public cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of cloud software and services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers over one hundred cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish secure access to Azure services for at-home workers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, see Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud services offered by subscription. Office applications and services are provided in a selection of plans designed for customers ranging from individuals and households to large enterprises. Progent can provide fast and affordable remote contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist you to evaluate the numerous subscription plans offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your at-home workers to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts are available for occasional help to guide you past tough IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your telecommuters have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's support services for Office 365 Exchange Online, go to Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the world's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with cloud integration experts who can assist your business to plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to build a high-availability network model to make sure your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading suite of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to extend your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your critical applications cloud friendly so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline identity management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help you to use GCP's management tools to control and track your Google Cloud environment. For information, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration services.
Help Desk Services for Remote Workers
A fast, company-wide switchover to a from-home workforce, which could be driven by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery process, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations of any size to outsource or expand their Help Desk Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services utilize Progent's extensive team of remote IT support experts combined with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 PC technical support from service requests through trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to check or update their current trouble tickets, add information, and append screen captures or attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent makes available optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve advanced issues. For details, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service allows you to augment your existing Call Desk staff by splitting delivery of Call Center services transparently between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collective support solution based on the leading professional services automation (PSA) tool for handling help requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To learn how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your from-home workers, go to Progent's Help Desk Call Center supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Telecommuters
Remote workers often use their personal equipment and work in an unsecured area. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires careful use of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of security policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist your company to design, implement and administer a compliant security solution that protects vital data in networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network that can be safely utilized by on-premises users as well as by at-home workers, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to configure and control appropriate permissions to various classes of users and to scale your network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both current and older firewall devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, refer to firewall support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate devices utilized by at-home workers and either block or spot and mitigate the latest threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on each protected endpoint, watching all activity and using advanced AI technology to identify new threats at inception. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the infected endpoint device from the network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoints stay protected even if they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all types of external and local security attacks for a network that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be managed by security professionals with top credentials such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your workflows and governance policies and review your network architecture to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital data in order to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage problems due to equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, operator mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to architect and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for telecommuters must cover diverse types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast online help from consultants familiar with a broad array of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and features granular restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly anticipate circumstances that require a quick switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning specialists can help you to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized platform for protecting corporate information by managing on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote computers and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share information, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and wipe sensitive information from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune runs with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use this platform to administer the devices of your teleworkers, visit Intune telecommuter device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management product that helps network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated reporting and analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Fort Collins, Colorado company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.