Enlarging your remote workforce may have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security, and company processes. Progent has two decades of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Fort Collins company to select the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you over occasional IT roadblocks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Fort Collins, Colorado organizations to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be especially complicated if you must manage a mix of personal equipment like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from various vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote help for both legacy and current technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help you to create a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authorized at-home workers to access IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to configure and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a telecommuter to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology provides IT managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online support for deploying routers from all major vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by an entire household and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by providing services that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Business-critical applications may demand redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking Internet service providers, selecting sensible service packages, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Integration for Remote Workers
Extending the company phone system to accommodate remote users is vital to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice products are used by SMBs to support remote users. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or legacy products for VoIP management. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that delivers the versatility, convenience and security required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer advanced support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends enterprise IP telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other combined media services like messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit CUCM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent can help your company to support your current CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, visit CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with clients working outside the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN architecture to support these solutions and deliver on-demand configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad selection of video conferencing products from leading technology companies support online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for compatible iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for other Office 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to optimize your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, offering a rich ecosystem of applications that deliver a consistent user interface for exchanging information across a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can help your company to tune these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to allow collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-based delivery of data, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build protected portals that enables at-home workforce to see and edit consolidated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, refer to SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting services, go to planning and configuration consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues can retrieve them securely through a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables home employees to co-author files. Edits created offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's support services for OneDrive, refer to Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable online assistance for enabling organizations to create, manage and repair cohesive hybrid network architectures that combine internal data centers, teleworkers, branches, plus public cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all types of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with cloud access, identity, and security.
Azure is a popular platform for cloud services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers more than one hundred services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and design data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create protected access to Azure services for at-home workers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Azure, see Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity applications and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Office applications and cloud services are marketed in a selection of bundles intended for customers ranging from students and small offices to major corporations. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with experts familiar with Office 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist your business to evaluate the various subscription plans offered with Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your at-home workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 consulting expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with local deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide occasional assistance to guide you past challenging IT bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management services to make sure your at-home workers have easy and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, see Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the industry's top source of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and economical online access to cloud integration experts who can assist your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your users have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the road. For details about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud is a leading suite of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your organization to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can assist your business to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify identity control for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also assist your business to use GCP's management technology to administer and track your GCP ecosystem. To find out, visit Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Services for At-Home Workers
A rapid, enterprise-wide switchover to a telecommuter business model, which could be motivated by an epidemic or as an element of a business continuity process, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Call Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or expand their Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online technical support specialists along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an affordable, modern Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from initial help requests to trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to monitor or revise their active trouble tickets, add information, and upload screenshots or relevant files. Technical support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent makes available optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve advanced problems. To find out more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service enables your company to expand your current Help Desk Call Center team by splitting delivery of Call Desk services seamlessly between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's extensive roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service uses a co-sourcing support model based on the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for handling service requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating reports. For details about how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can help your business to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your at-home employees, refer to Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
Telecommuters often use their own computing devices and work in a physically unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and demands careful deployment of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of policies based on leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity experts can help your business to plan, deploy and administer a modern cybersecurity solution that safeguards sensitive data in IT networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network environment that can be safely accessed by local users as well as by teleworkers, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to assign and manage appropriate access rights to different classes of users and to expand your network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both current and older security devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support expertise, visit firewall integration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate computers used by teleworkers and either block or identify and mitigate modern threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is put on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using advanced machine learning to detect new attacks at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the targeted endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoints stay protected even if they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of outside and internal security attacks for an environment that includes telecommuters. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for quickly and economically detecting a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by data security professionals with top credentials including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to evaluate your procedures and governance policies and review your IT infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection covers saving and restoring critical information so as to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in the event of storage failures due to equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, human error, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to design and maintain in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for an at-home workforce must cover diverse types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick remote access to experts knowledgeable about a broad array of products for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery products supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly anticipate circumstances that call for a quick changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity specialists can assist your business to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Endpoint Manager provides a centralized environment for safeguarding corporate data by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote devices and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. IT admins managing the endpoint devices of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and validate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, control how teleworkers share information, establish threat defense, ensure compliance, and wipe corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For information about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, go to Intune mobile device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified MDM platform that helps network managers to keep remote endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment via a perpetual license. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. To learn about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Fort Collins, Colorado organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.