Expanding your at-home workforce may have a significant effect on IT architecture, security/compliance, and company processes. Progent has two decades of experience assisting SMBs to design, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Fort Collins organization to select the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed guidance for helping you past occasional technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Fort Collins, Colorado companies to with any facet of building a high-performing work-from-home environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Call Desk services, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure needed for a remote workforce can be especially complicated if you have to manage a mix of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote support for both outdated as well as current technologies in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to create a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authorized at-home employees to use IT assets situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a wide range of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow an at-home worker to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers substantial control over the digital environment of at-home employees and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for setting up routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting the whole family and guests, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by providing services that include Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Vital processes might require backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for selecting Internet service providers, selecting sensible service bundles, and setting up high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the company PBX system to accommodate teleworkers is vital to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based VoIP products are used by small and mid-size businesses to server remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice management. Progent can help businesses of any size to plan or maintain a telecommuter IP voice environment that delivers the flexibility, convenience and security needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer high-level support to help businesses tune their current Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers enterprise telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional mixed media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, see Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients operating outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN architecture to support these solutions and deliver on-demand deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize multiple products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent can assist you to maintain your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that enables presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for other IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with features such as IP voice and video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams and for additional Office 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to optimize your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful ecosystem of applications that create a consistent user interface for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their first releases and can assist your company to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-based delivery of content, workflow, and utilities for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create protected web portals that allows remote workers to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, see planning and configuration consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can retrieve them securely through a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to co-author files. Revisions created offline are synced when you go back online. For details about Progent's support services for OneDrive, see Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent can provide affordable online assistance for enabling organizations to create, manage and repair integrated hybrid network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, plus public cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers resolve problems with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for cloud services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers more than one hundred services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish protected connections to Azure services for telecommuters by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity software and cloud-based services available by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide fast and affordable online contact with experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to assess the numerous subscription plans available for Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your telecommuters in a way that delivers maximum business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 integration services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in the Office 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local deployments of Exchange, enabling you to create hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide occasional assistance to guide you past challenging technical bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management services to make sure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide fast and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can help your business to design, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to build a high-uptime network model to make sure your employees have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For information about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud is a popular collection of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can help you make your key applications cloud friendly so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage services, and simplify access control for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help your organization to utilize GCP's management technology to control and monitor your GCP ecosystem. For information, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Remote Workers
A rapid, company-wide switchover to a teleworker workforce, which could be activated by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or supplement their Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services utilize Progent's extensive network of remote IT support experts combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to provide an affordable, advanced Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 desktop technical support from initial help requests through ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to monitor or revise the status of their current trouble tickets, enter information, and append screenshots and attachments. Support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent makes available optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with complex issues. To learn more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service enables your company to supplement your existing Call Desk organization by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center support services transparently between your regular support staff and Progent's extensive team of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Support Desk service uses a collective support model based on the number one PSA tool for managing help requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and generating management reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can help your business to deliver best-in-class IT support to your teleworkers, refer to Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Remote Workers
Teleworkers often run their own computers and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and demands careful deployment of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of security policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security professionals can help your business to plan, deploy and manage a modern security solution that safeguards vital information in networks that include at-home workers.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network that can be securely accessed by local users and by at-home workers, mobile employees, vendors, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to configure and manage different access rights to various classes of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly complex. Progent works with both new and legacy security devices from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration services, see firewall integration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the various computers used by at-home workers and either reject or spot and respond to the latest threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on each protected endpoint device, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to identify new attacks at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the targeted endpoint from the network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoints stay protected even when they are offline. For details about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all classes of external and local security threats for a network that incorporates remote workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated security analysis scanning for quickly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by data security experts with top credentials including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your procedures and policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to enable you to implement top-level security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and recovering vital data so as to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in the event of storage failures resulting from equipment issues, programming glitches, human mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for teleworkers must address diverse types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers quick online help from experts knowledgeable about a wide array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features granular recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically envision scenarios that require a rapid changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity consultants can help you to produce, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a unified solution for safeguarding corporate information by controlling onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how home-based workers share data, set up threat defense, verify security compliance, and delete corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. For details about Intune and how Progent can assist you to use this platform to manage the devices of your at-home workers, visit Intune telecommuter device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM platform that helps network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product via a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. To find out about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Fort Collins, Colorado business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.