Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a significant impact on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of background assisting SMBs to design, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Plano company to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand expertise for helping you past occasional technical roadblocks to full project management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Plano, Texas companies to with any aspect of building a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online help for both legacy as well as current technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist you to create a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to create a safe tunnel for authenticated remote workers to access IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow an at-home worker to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This gives network managers more control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for integrating home routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by the whole family and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by providing services like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Line-of-business applications might require redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for identifying ISPs, choosing appropriate service packages, and configuring redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Integration for Teleworkers
Extending the business phone environment to accommodate telecommuters is critical to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are used by SMBs to support telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or older platforms for VoIP management. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to design or maintain a remote VoIP environment that delivers the flexibility, transparency and security needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer advanced support to help organizations tune their current Cisco IP voice systems to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers enterprise telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia software deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional combined media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, visit CUCM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can assist your company to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP platforms, refer to CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and provide online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad selection of video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many organizations use multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help you to maintain your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that supports presence, IM, audio and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote workforce. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for compatible iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities that include voice/video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
help you to optimize your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, providing a powerful environment of applications that deliver a consistent user interface for sharing information throughout multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial releases and can assist businesses to configure these flagship collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to allow collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-based access to data, business processes, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to create secure web portals that enables remote workforce to view and edit aggregated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, refer to SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting services, visit integration consulting for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can retrieve them safely through a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to co-edit files. Edits created offline are uploaded when you go back online. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent offers affordable remote assistance for enabling organizations to build, manage and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, and public cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all modes of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix issues with cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for cloud software and services that allows you to use infrastructure, servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes over one hundred cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and design data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create secure access to Azure services for remote workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and services are provided in a variety of bundles intended for users ranging from individuals and small offices to major corporations. Progent offers fast and affordable online access to experts familiar with Office 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help your business to assess the numerous subscription bundles available for Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your at-home workers to achieve top business value. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local deployments of Exchange, enabling you to build hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for occasional assistance to get you past challenging technical bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your telecommuters have easy and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and economical online access to cloud connectivity experts who can assist your organization to design, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to build a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your users have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular collection of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your business to extend your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your key applications cloud ready so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline identity control for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist you to use GCP's management tools to administer and track your GCP environment. For details, refer to Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Support for At-Home Workers
A sudden, organization-wide transition to a teleworker business model, which could be activated by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow businesses of any size to outsource or supplement their Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services utilize Progent's nationwide team of online IT support specialists along with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to provide an economical, state-of-the-art Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 PC support from initial help requests to trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to monitor or update the status of their active trouble tickets, add details, and append screenshots and attachments. Support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent offers the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with complex problems. To learn more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service allows you to augment your existing Help Desk Call Center team by splitting delivery of Help Desk Call Center support transparently between your in-house support staff and Progent's extensive team of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk service is based on a collaborative support model utilizing the leading professional services automation platform for handling service requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and producing reports. For information about how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can enable your business to deliver best-in-class IT support to your at-home workforce, visit Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
Remote workers commonly run their personal computing devices and work in a physically unsecured space. This worsens their exposure to cyber threats and demands judicious use of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can help you to plan, implement and manage a modern security environment that protects vital data in networks that include at-home workers.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network environment that can be securely accessed by on-premises users and by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and manage appropriate access rights to various classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow more complex. Progent works with both new and older firewall appliances from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall support services, go to firewall integration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate devices utilized by at-home workers and either reject or spot and mitigate the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is put on each secured endpoint device, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art AI technology to detect new threats at inception. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the impacted device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and local security threats for an environment that includes teleworkers. Progent can run remote, automated security analysis scanning for quickly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be managed by security experts with top certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your processes and governance policies and review your network architecture to enable you to design top-level protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and recovering critical data so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in the event of storage system problems resulting from equipment issues, programming glitches, user error, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to design and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for teleworkers must address multiple kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick online access to consultants familiar with a wide array of platforms for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data spread across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and includes granular recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies often anticipate scenarios that call for a temporary switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning specialists can assist you to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for protecting critical information by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and validate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for accessing data and resources, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share information, set up threat protection, verify compliance, and erase corporate information from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune runs with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your at-home workforce, go to Intune mobile endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM platform that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment via a perpetual license. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient telecommuter environment for your Plano, Texas business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.