Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a major impact on IT infrastructure, security, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Plano organization to pick the right tools and follow leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you past challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Plano, Texas companies to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home work environment can be especially complex if you must manage a combination of personal hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering remote support for both legacy as well as modern IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to use IT assets situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can assist your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a wide selection of devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a teleworker to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This gives IT managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for setting up home routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting an entire household and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create throughput as well as security issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by providing services like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Mission-critical applications might require redundant Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for selecting service providers, selecting appropriate service bundles, and integrating high-availability Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the corporate PBX environment to accommodate remote users is vital to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy products for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to design or maintain a telecommuter VoIP environment that delivers the flexibility, convenience and protection needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to assist businesses optimize their existing Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends advanced telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia software deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other combined media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, see CUCM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to support your current CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, refer to CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with clients working beyond the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and provide online deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many organizations use multiple products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist you to maintain your current voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home employees. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as IP voice and video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Office 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help you to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user interface for exchanging data and ideas across multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can help businesses to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to promote collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-driven delivery of data, business processes, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create secure portals that permits at-home workers to see and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, see planning and configuration consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues can access them securely via a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to jointly author files. Edits created offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent can provide advanced online assistance for helping businesses to build, maintain and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network architectures that combine physical data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, and public cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers fix problems with public cloud access, identity, and security.
Azure is a leading platform for public cloud software and services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over 100 services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and plan data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish protected access to Azure services for remote workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's expertise for Azure, refer to Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity software and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Office apps and services are provided in a selection of plans intended for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide fast and easy online access to consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist your business to assess the numerous subscription plans available for Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your telecommuters in a way that delivers maximum business value. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with local Exchange environments, enabling you to create hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange experts can provide occasional assistance to get you past tough IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to ensure your telecommuters have convenient and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's top source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide rapid and affordable online access to cloud integration experts who can help your organization to plan, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to build a high-uptime network model so your users have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. For information about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular suite of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your critical applications cloud friendly so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help your organization to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access control for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also help your organization to use GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your GCP ecosystem. To learn, see Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Services for Remote Workers
An emergency, enterprise-wide transition to a from-home workforce, which might be motivated by a pandemic or as an element of a business continuity process, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Support Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of remote IT support experts combined with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up software to offer an economical, advanced Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests to ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to check or edit their current tickets, add details, and upload screen captures and relevant files. Support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent makes available optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve advanced issues. For more information, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service enables your business to augment your current Call Center staff by splitting delivery of Call Desk support services transparently between your in-house support organization and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support model utilizing the leading PSA tool for handling help requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and producing reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can help your company to deliver world-class technical support to your telecommuters, visit Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
Telecommuters often use their own equipment and work in an unsecured area. This worsens their exposure to cyber threats and demands careful deployment of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security experts can help your business to plan, deploy and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that protects vital information in IT networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users as well as by at-home workers, mobile users, vendors, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to configure and control appropriate permissions to different classes of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats become more sophisticated. Progent supports both new and legacy firewall appliances from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration services, see firewall integration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate computers used by an at-home workforce and either reject or spot and mitigate the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is put on every secured endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning to detect new attacks at inception. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the targeted endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all classes of outside and internal security threats for a network that includes telecommuters. Progent can run online, automated security inventory scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be managed by security experts with advanced certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your operations and governance policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to enable you to implement top-level security for your at-home workers.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and restoring critical information in order to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time in case of storage system failures resulting from hardware issues, software glitches, operator mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for teleworkers must cover multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast remote access to consultants familiar with a wide array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data spread across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and features granular restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly anticipate scenarios that require a temporary switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity consultants can help you to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized solution for safeguarding critical data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile devices and software. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for permission to access data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, control how home-based workers share information, set up threat defense, verify compliance, and wipe sensitive information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For information about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist you to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your at-home workforce, refer to Intune remote endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management platform that allows network managers to keep offsite endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product through a perpetual license. Top features of Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. For information about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Plano, Texas company, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.