Enlarging your remote workforce can have a significant effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Seattle company to select the right technologies and follow best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you past occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Seattle, Washington organizations to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the network infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you must manage a combination of personal hardware like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online support for both outdated as well as modern IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to help you to create a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authenticated remote employees to use IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This gives network managers significant control over the digital environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for setting up home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting the whole family and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by providing services that include Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Business-critical applications might demand backup Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for selecting service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the corporate phone system to include telecommuters is critical to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or older products for IP voice solutions. Progent can help businesses of any size to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP service that delivers the flexibility, convenience and protection needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide high-level support to help businesses tune their existing Cisco VoIP systems to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends enterprise telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications used throughout the network. CUCM supports other mixed media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to support your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, refer to CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients operating outside the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and provide online integration and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad range of voice/video conferencing products from major technology companies support online discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies utilize a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent can help you to manage your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that enables presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for other video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities such as video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, offering a powerful environment of applications that deliver a consistent user interface for sharing information across a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoints. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can assist businesses to configure these critical collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-driven delivery of data, business processes, and utilities for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create secure web portals that allows remote workforce to view and update aggregated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange support services, visit deployment consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them securely via a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to co-edit documents. Revisions created offline are automatically synced when you go back online. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent can provide fast and affordable online support for helping organizations to create, maintain and troubleshoot integrated network architectures that combine internal data centers, teleworkers, branches, and public cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers resolve problems with cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers more than one hundred cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create secure access to Azure services for telecommuters by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting services for Azure, refer to Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity software and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Office applications and services are provided in a variety of plans designed for customers ranging from individuals and households to large enterprises. Progent offers fast and easy remote contact with consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist your business to evaluate the various subscription plans offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your telecommuters to achieve maximum business value. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft Office 365 integration services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide occasional help to get you past challenging technical bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your teleworkers have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the industry's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide fast and economical online access to cloud integration experts who can assist your business to plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-uptime network model to make sure your users have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud is a popular collection of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your critical applications cloud ready so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage, and streamline access control for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help you to utilize GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud environment. For information, see Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Support for Remote Workers
A sudden, enterprise-wide switchover to a teleworker workforce, which might be driven by an epidemic or as an element of a business continuity plan, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services utilize Progent's extensive network of online technical support experts combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an affordable, modern Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 PC support from initial help requests to ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to check or revise the status of their active trouble tickets, add information, and upload screen captures and relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent makes available optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve complex problems. For more information, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service allows your company to augment your current Call Desk staff by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center services transparently between your in-house support personnel and Progent's extensive roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Center service is based on a collaborative support solution based on the number one PSA platform for managing service requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and producing management reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can help your company to provide best-in-class IT support to your at-home employees, see Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Security for Remote Workers
Telecommuters commonly run their personal equipment and work in an unsecured area. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and calls for judicious deployment of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that follow leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can help your company to plan, implement and administer a compliant security environment that safeguards sensitive data in IT networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network that can be safely accessed by on-premises users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile users, vendors, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to assign and manage different permissions to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more sophisticated. Progent supports both current and older security devices from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support expertise, see firewall integration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate computers used by an at-home workforce and either block or identify and mitigate the latest threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on every protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning to detect new threats at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the impacted device from the network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoints stay secure even if they are offline. For more information about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all types of outside and local security threats for a network that incorporates remote workers. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis scanning for rapidly and economically uncovering a broad range of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by network security professionals with top certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your procedures and policies and review your WAN infrastructure to allow you to design top-level protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical information so as to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in case of storage problems resulting from equipment issues, programming hiccups, user mistakes, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for remote workers must cover diverse types of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick online help from experts knowledgeable about a wide range of products for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly anticipate circumstances that require a rapid changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity specialists can assist your company to produce, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for safeguarding corporate information by managing on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises computers and software. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing data and networks, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share data, set up threat defense, verify compliance, and delete corporate information from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune runs with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To learn about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, go to Intune remote device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that helps network managers to keep remote endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for authorization control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment through a one-time purchase. Top features of Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Seattle, Washington business, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.