Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a major impact on IT infrastructure, security, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Seattle company to select the right technologies and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you over challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Seattle, Washington organizations to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing work-from-home environment by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be especially complex if you have to manage a combination of personal equipment such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online support for both legacy and modern IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making essential upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help your company to implement a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to use IT resources located at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a wide range of devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a telecommuter to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives network managers substantial control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote consulting for integrating home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting families and visitors, are commonly used by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance and security issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by delivering services like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Line-of-business applications may demand redundant Internet access in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for selecting ISPs, choosing appropriate service packages, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Integration for At-Home Workers
Expanding the corporate phone system to accommodate teleworkers is critical to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based IP voice products are popular with SMBs to support telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for IP voice management. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to design or maintain a telecommuter VoIP service that provides the versatility, transparency and security needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist organizations optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia software used throughout the network. CUCM supports additional combined media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, refer to Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to maintain your current CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, refer to CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users operating outside the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver online deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from major vendors support online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many organizations use multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist you to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for other IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with features that include voice/video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for other Office 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging services for these products and
assist your business to tune your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a rich environment of applications that deliver a consistent user experience for exchanging data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first publication and can assist businesses to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to promote collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-driven delivery of data, business processes, and tools for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build protected portals that enables remote workers to view and edit consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, go to SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, go to deployment consulting for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues can share them securely through a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home employees to co-edit files. Edits made offline are uploaded when you go back online. To find out about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent can provide fast and affordable online assistance for enabling organizations to create, manage and troubleshoot cohesive network models that include physical data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, and public cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters resolve issues with public cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for public cloud software and services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over one hundred cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and design data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create secure access to Azure for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, go to Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity software and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Office applications and services are provided in a variety of plans intended for users ranging from students and small offices to large corporations. Progent offers fast and easy remote contact with experts familiar with Office 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help your business to assess the numerous subscription plans available for Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve maximum business value. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 integration support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling you to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide occasional assistance to guide you past tough IT roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your remote workers have easy and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's leading source of cloud services. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can assist your business to plan, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-uptime network model to make sure your users have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading set of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your critical apps cloud friendly so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage services, and streamline identity management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also assist your business to use GCP's management tools to control and track your GCP ecosystem. To learn, refer to Google Cloud Platform consulting expertise.
Help Desk Services for At-Home Workers
An emergency, company-wide changeover to a from-home business model, which might be motivated by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or supplement their Help Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services leverage Progent's extensive network of remote IT support specialists combined with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to offer an affordable, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from initial help requests to trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to check or revise the status of their current tickets, enter information, and append screenshots or attachments. Support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent offers the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve complex problems. For details, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service allows you to augment your existing Call Center staff by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center support services transparently between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service is based on a collaborative support model utilizing the number one professional services automation tool for managing help requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and generating management reports. To find out how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to provide world-class technical support to your at-home workforce, refer to Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
At-home workers often run their personal equipment and work in a physically unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires careful deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that follow best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can assist your business to design, implement and manage a compliant security solution that guards sensitive data in networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network environment that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to configure and control different access rights to various groups of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security as your company evolves and as network attacks become increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both new and legacy security devices from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration expertise, refer to firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various computers utilized by remote workers and either reject or identify and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is installed on each protected endpoint, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to detect new threats before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the infected endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints stay protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and local security attacks for a network that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can run remote, automated security inventory scanning for rapidly and economically uncovering a broad range of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be managed by network security experts with advanced credentials such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your operations and governance policies and review your WAN architecture to enable you to implement top-level security for your at-home workers.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and recovering vital information so as to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in case of storage failures resulting from equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, user error, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to design and manage in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for remote workers must address multiple kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick online access to consultants familiar with a broad array of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and includes granular restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly anticipate scenarios that require a quick changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity specialists can assist your business to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager provides a centralized solution for safeguarding critical data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile devices and software. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. IT admins managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and validate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for permission to access information and networks, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how telecommuters share data, set up threat protection, ensure security compliance, and erase corporate data from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To learn about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your at-home workers, visit Intune remote device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network managers to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment via a perpetual license. Key features of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your Seattle, Washington company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.