Expanding your at-home workforce may have a major impact on IT architecture, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Tucson company to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in building and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed guidance for helping you over occasional technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Tucson, Arizona organizations to with any facet of creating a high-functioning telecommuting environment by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk services, data security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be particularly challenging if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering online support for both outdated and current IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist you to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a secure connection for authenticated at-home employees to access IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for safe VPN connections for a wide range of devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a telecommuter to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives IT managers more control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online consulting for deploying home routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting the whole family and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by providing expertise like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Mission-critical applications may demand backup Internet access in the event the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for selecting Internet service providers, selecting sensible service bundles, and configuring high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the business PBX system to include telecommuters is vital to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX products are used by SMBs to support remote users. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice service that delivers the flexibility, transparency and security needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer high-level support to help businesses tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends high-end IP telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed throughout the network. CUCM supports other mixed media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help your company to support your existing CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, see Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users working beyond the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your wide area network architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver on-demand deployment and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad range of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize a mix of products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that supports presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for compatible iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for video calls. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities that include voice/video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for other Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
help you to tune your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a rich environment of applications that deliver a consistent user experience for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can assist your company to tune these critical collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to promote collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-driven delivery of data, workflow, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create secure web portals that permits at-home workforce to see and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange support services, go to integration consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can access them securely through a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to co-author files. Revisions created offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. To learn about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, visit Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent can provide affordable online assistance for helping businesses to create, manage and repair integrated hybrid network models that incorporate physical data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, and public cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers resolve issues with public cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for public cloud software and services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than one hundred services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create protected access to Azure services for teleworkers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's expertise for Azure, see Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity applications and cloud services available by subscription. Office applications and cloud services are provided in a variety of bundles intended for users ranging from students and small offices to major corporations. Progent offers fast and easy remote contact with consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to assess the various subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your telecommuters in a way that delivers maximum business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft Office 365 integration support.
Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling you to build hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide as-needed assistance to get you past challenging IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your at-home workers have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's support services for Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's biggest source of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and economical online contact with cloud integration experts who can help your business to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to build a high-uptime network model to make sure your users have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular suite of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your business to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your key apps cloud ready so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage services, and streamline access control for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help your organization to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. For details, refer to Google Cloud Platform integration support.
Help Desk Services for Telecommuters
A fast, company-wide switchover to a telecommuter business model, which might be motivated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses to outsource or augment their Support Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services utilize Progent's extensive team of remote technical support experts combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to offer an affordable, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from initial help requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to monitor or revise their active tickets, add information, and upload screen captures and attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent offers the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve advanced issues. To learn more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service enables your company to supplement your existing Call Center team by splitting delivery of Support Desk support seamlessly between your regular support organization and Progent's nationwide team of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service uses a collective support solution based on the leading professional services automation tool for handling service requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and generating management reports. To find out how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your teleworkers, visit Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Security for Remote Workers
At-home workers commonly use their personal computers and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and requires careful use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that follow best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security professionals can help your organization to design, implement and manage a compliant security environment that protects vital information in IT networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network environment that can be securely accessed by local users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to configure and control appropriate access rights to various classes of users and to scale your network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as network attacks become more sophisticated. Progent works with both new and legacy firewall appliances from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, visit firewall configuration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various devices utilized by teleworkers and either block or identify and respond to modern threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is put on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning and full execution context to detect new attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the targeted device from the network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of outside and local security threats for an environment that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can run online, automated security analysis software for quickly and economically uncovering a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be provided by network security experts with advanced credentials such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your workflows and governance policies and assess your IT infrastructure to enable you to design the highest level of security for your at-home workers.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring vital information in order to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in case of storage system failures resulting from hardware issues, software hiccups, user mistakes, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for at-home workers must cover diverse types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast online help from consultants familiar with a broad range of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and includes granular recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly envision circumstances that call for a quick switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning specialists can assist your business to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized solution for safeguarding corporate information by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote computers and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and validate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share data, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and wipe corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For information about Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, visit Intune telecommuter device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management platform that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product via a perpetual license. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Tucson, Arizona organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.