Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a significant effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of experience assisting SMBs to design, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Hartford organization to select the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in building and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you past challenging technical roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Hartford, Connecticut businesses to with any facet of building a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk augmentation, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the network infrastructure required for a remote workforce can be especially complicated if you must accommodate a mix of personal hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering remote support for both legacy and current technologies in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist you to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a secure connection for authorized remote workers to use IT assets located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist your company to configure and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a telecommuter to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This gives network managers more control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for deploying home routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by an entire household and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security issues. Progent can help you to resolve these issues by providing services like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Business-critical applications might require backup Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for picking ISPs, choosing sensible service bundles, and configuring redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
VoIP Solutions for Remote Workers
Extending the business phone system to include teleworkers is critical to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server remote users. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to plan or maintain a remote IP voice service that provides the flexibility, transparency and security required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer advanced support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco VoIP systems to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software deployed across the network. CUCM supports other combined media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help you to maintain your current CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, visit Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients operating outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your wide area network architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver on-demand deployment and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide range of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable online meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many companies utilize a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your existing conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that supports presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for video calls. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with features that include IP voice and video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Office 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help you to optimize your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user experience for sharing information across a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can help businesses to configure these critical collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to enable collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-driven access to data, business processes, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to build protected web portals that permits remote workforce to see and edit aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, go to SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, see planning and configuration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can access them securely via a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to jointly author files. Edits made offline are synced when you go back online. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent offers fast and affordable online assistance for enabling businesses to create, maintain and repair integrated network architectures that combine internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers fix issues with cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of public cloud software and services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers more than one hundred cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create protected access to Azure for at-home workers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, visit Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity software and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Office apps and cloud services are provided in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from students and households to major corporations. Progent offers fast and easy remote contact with consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist your business to assess the numerous subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft Office 365 consulting services.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local Exchange environments, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to guide you through tough technical bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your teleworkers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, refer to Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent offers fast and affordable online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can help your business to design, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to build a high-uptime network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular suite of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to scale your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your business to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage, and simplify identity control for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist your organization to use GCP's unified management tools to control and track your GCP ecosystem. To find out, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Support for Teleworkers
An emergency, enterprise-wide switchover to a teleworker workforce, which might be driven by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services utilize Progent's nationwide team of remote technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to offer an economical, advanced Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 PC support from initial help requests to trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to monitor or revise their current trouble tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures or relevant files. Support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent offers optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with advanced problems. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service allows you to supplement your existing Help Desk Call Center organization by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk services seamlessly between your regular support personnel and Progent's extensive roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk service is based on a collective support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for managing help requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and generating reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to deliver world-class desktop support to your telecommuters, visit Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
Teleworkers commonly run their own equipment and work in an unsecured area. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and calls for judicious deployment of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can help your business to design, deploy and manage a compliant security environment that safeguards sensitive data in IT networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network that can be safely accessed by on-premises users and by telecommuters, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances allow you to configure and manage different access rights to various classes of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly complex. Progent supports both new and older firewall devices from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall support expertise, visit firewall support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate computers used by telecommuters and either block or spot and mitigate modern threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on every secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to identify zero-day threats before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the impacted endpoint device from the network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are offline. To learn more about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all types of external and local security attacks for a network that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can run online, automated security inventory software for rapidly and economically uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be provided by data security professionals with advanced certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your workflows and policies and assess your IT infrastructure to enable you to implement top-level protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
Data Protection covers saving and recovering vital data in order to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage problems due to equipment breakdowns, programming hiccups, human mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to architect and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for at-home workers must cover diverse kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick remote help from experts knowledgeable about a wide range of products for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery products supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically envision scenarios that require a temporary switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity consultants can assist your business to develop, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Endpoint Manager features a centralized environment for safeguarding critical information by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for accessing information and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how teleworkers share data, set up threat protection, ensure security compliance, and erase corporate data from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use this platform to administer the devices of your at-home workforce, go to Intune telecommuter endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management platform that allows network managers to keep remote endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product through a one-time purchase. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. To find out about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your Hartford, Connecticut business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.