Expanding your remote workforce can have a major impact on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of background helping small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Hartford company to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in building and operating a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent can provide services that go from on demand guidance for getting you past challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Hartford, Connecticut organizations to with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Call Desk augmentation, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be particularly complicated if you must manage a combination of personal hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering online help for both legacy and current technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist you to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authenticated remote employees to access IT resources situated at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to configure and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad range of devices such as Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a teleworker to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This provides network managers substantial control over the digital environment of at-home employees and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote support for deploying home routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by an entire household and guests, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput and security issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering services like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Line-of-business applications might require backup Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for selecting Internet service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for Teleworkers
Expanding the company phone system to include telecommuters is vital to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are popular with SMBs to server teleworkers. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or older products for IP voice solutions. Progent can help businesses of any size to plan or maintain a telecommuter IP voice environment that delivers the versatility, convenience and security required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to help organizations tune their current Cisco VoIP environments to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers high-end telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional combined media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, visit Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, refer to CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and provide online integration and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite workers and at-home workers. Many organizations use a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist you to manage your existing conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex as well as for other IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as voice/video calling, threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user experience for exchanging information throughout multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first publication and can help businesses to deploy these critical collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to facilitate collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-driven delivery of content, workflow, and tools for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to create protected web portals that allows remote workers to see and edit consolidated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint expertise, visit SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, go to integration consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues can share them securely via a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to co-edit files. Edits made offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent offers affordable online assistance for enabling businesses to create, maintain and repair cohesive network models that include internal data centers, remote workers, branch offices, plus public cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all types of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers resolve problems with cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for cloud software and services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes more than 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create secure access to Azure services for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's expertise for Azure, visit Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of plans designed for customers ranging from individuals and households to major corporations. Progent can provide fast and easy online contact with experts familiar with Office 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to assess the numerous subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 integration services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate transparently with local Exchange environments, allowing you to create hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide as-needed help to get you through tough IT roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to ensure your telecommuters have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, visit Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's leading source of cloud services. Progent can provide rapid and economical online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can help your business to plan, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to create a high-availability network model so your users have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the move. For information about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular set of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to extend your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your mission-critical applications cloud friendly so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help your business to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify access control for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also help your organization to utilize GCP's management tools to control and monitor your GCP ecosystem. For details, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for At-Home Workers
A fast, organization-wide transition to a teleworker workforce, which might be driven by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Help Desk Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services leverage Progent's extensive network of remote technical support specialists along with world-class ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an affordable, state-of-the-art Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 desktop technical support from service requests to ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to monitor or edit the status of their active trouble tickets, add information, and upload screen captures and relevant files. Support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve complex issues. For more information, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service allows your business to expand your existing Support Desk organization by sharing delivery of Help Desk support services transparently between your in-house support organization and Progent's extensive roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Support Desk service is based on a collective support solution utilizing the leading PSA tool for handling help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and generating management reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can help your business to deliver world-class technical support to your at-home workforce, see Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Remote Workers
Teleworkers often run their own computing devices and work in a physically unsecured space. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for judicious deployment of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of security policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity experts can assist your business to design, implement and administer a compliant cybersecurity solution that guards critical information in networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by at-home workers, mobile employees, vendors, clients, and the public. Modern firewall appliances permit you to assign and control different access rights to different classes of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks become increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both new and legacy security appliances from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration expertise, go to firewall integration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate devices utilized by at-home workers and either reject or spot and mitigate the latest threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is installed on every secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using advanced behavioral threat analysis to identify new threats at inception. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the targeted endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all types of outside and internal security threats for a network that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis scanning for rapidly and economically uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be managed by data security professionals with top credentials such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your operations and policies and review your WAN architecture to enable you to implement top-level security for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
Data Protection covers saving and recovering critical data so as to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in the event of storage problems resulting from equipment issues, programming hiccups, operator error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for remote workers must cover multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast online help from consultants knowledgeable about a broad array of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and includes granular recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly anticipate circumstances that require a quick switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning specialists can assist you to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a centralized platform for protecting critical information by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile devices and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and validate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing information and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share information, set up threat defense, ensure security compliance, and erase corporate data from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For details about Intune and how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your telecommuters, see Intune mobile device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Hartford, Connecticut company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.