Expanding your remote workforce can have a major effect on IT architecture, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Hartford company to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you over challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Hartford, Connecticut businesses to with any facet of building a high-functioning telecommuting environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Call Desk outsourcing, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the network infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be particularly complicated if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering remote support for both outdated and current technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist you to create a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authorized at-home workers to use IT assets located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable an at-home worker to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This provides network managers more control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote support for integrating routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by families and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by providing expertise like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Business-critical processes may demand redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for identifying service providers, selecting appropriate service offerings, and integrating redundant Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the company PBX system to accommodate telecommuters is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to support teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or older products for VoIP management. Progent can assist businesses of any size to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice service that delivers the flexibility, convenience and security needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer high-level support to assist organizations tune their existing Cisco IP voice environments to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends advanced IP telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed across the network. CUCM manages additional combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, see CUCM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can help your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with clients working beyond the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing products from major technology companies enable virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite workers and at-home workers. Many organizations use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to manage your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that supports presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for compatible iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex and for other IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities such as video calling, threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to tune your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful environment of applications that deliver a cohesive user interface for exchanging information across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial releases and can assist your company to tune these flagship collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to promote collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-driven delivery of content, workflow, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create protected portals that enables remote workforce to view and edit consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, refer to SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, see planning and configuration consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can share them safely through a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables at-home employees to co-author documents. Revisions made offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, go to Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide affordable remote assistance for enabling organizations to build, manage and repair integrated network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters resolve problems with public cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular family of public cloud services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features more than one hundred cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create secure connections to Azure services for at-home workers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's support services for Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity applications and cloud services offered by subscription. Office apps and services are marketed in a selection of plans intended for users ranging from individuals and small offices to large corporations. Progent can provide fast and affordable online access to consultants familiar with Office 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist you to assess the various subscription plans offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft 365 integration support.
Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to build hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide as-needed help to get you past challenging IT bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to ensure your remote workers have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the industry's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your organization to design, implement, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-availability network model to make sure your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud is a popular set of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your business to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can help you make your key applications cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify identity management for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help you to utilize GCP's management tools to administer and track your GCP ecosystem. For information, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Services for Remote Workers
A rapid, company-wide switchover to a telecommuter workforce, which might be driven by a pandemic or as part of a business continuity process, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses to outsource or expand their Call Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services utilize Progent's nationwide team of online IT support specialists combined with world-class ticketing and follow-up software to provide an affordable, modern Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 PC technical support from initial help requests through ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to monitor or revise the status of their active trouble tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures or relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent makes available optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve complex issues. To find out more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service allows your business to supplement your current Call Desk team by splitting delivery of Help Desk Call Center support services transparently between your in-house support organization and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Center service is based on a co-sourcing support solution utilizing the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing reports. For details about how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can help your business to deliver world-class desktop support to your at-home workforce, go to Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Remote Workers
At-home workers commonly run their own computers and work in a physically unsecured area. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and calls for judicious deployment of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of policies that follow best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security professionals can help your business to plan, implement and administer a compliant security solution that protects vital information in networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network environment that can be safely utilized by on-premises users and by teleworkers, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to configure and manage different access rights to various groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly complex. Progent works with both new and legacy security appliances from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration services, visit firewall support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various devices utilized by an at-home workforce and either reject or spot and respond to the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using advanced machine learning to detect new threats before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the infected endpoint device from the network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all types of outside and local security attacks for a network that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for rapidly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be provided by data security experts with advanced certifications including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your operations and policies and assess your network infrastructure to allow you to implement top-level security for your remote workers.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring vital information so as to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage system problems due to equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, human error, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to architect and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for remote workers must cover diverse kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast online access to experts knowledgeable about a broad range of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically envision scenarios that require a rapid changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist you to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized environment for protecting corporate data by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for accessing information and networks, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share data, establish threat defense, ensure security compliance, and erase sensitive information from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune works with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To learn about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help your company to use this platform to administer the devices of your at-home workers, see Intune teleworker device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM platform that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment through a one-time purchase. Top features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Hartford, Connecticut organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.