Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your New Haven company to select the right tools and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers top value. Progent can provide services that go from on demand guidance for helping you past challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist New Haven, Connecticut businesses to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning telecommuting environment by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be particularly challenging if you have to manage a combination of personal hardware like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online help for both legacy as well as modern IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home employees to use IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to configure and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a teleworker to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This gives IT managers significant control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for configuring routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by the whole family and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by delivering expertise like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Vital applications may require backup Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for selecting service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up high-availability Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your New Haven, Connecticut business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.