Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a significant effect on IT infrastructure, security, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your New Haven organization to select the right tools and follow best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns top business value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you past challenging technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist New Haven, Connecticut businesses to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning telecommuting environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Help Desk services, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be especially complex if you have to manage a mix of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering remote support for both outdated and current technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Services offered by Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to establish a safe tunnel for authorized remote employees to use IT resources situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a broad range of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a teleworker to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This gives network managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for configuring home routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting families and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Line-of-business processes might require backup Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for identifying service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your New Haven, Connecticut company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.