Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of background assisting businesses of all sizes to design, configure, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Kansas City company to pick the right technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide support services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you past occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Kansas City, Missouri companies to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-from-home environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, data security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be particularly complex if you have to manage a mix of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote help for both legacy as well as current IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Support services available from Progent to assist your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to establish a safe tunnel for authorized remote workers to use IT assets located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a teleworker to view and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This provides IT managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for configuring routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting families and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by delivering services like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Mission-critical processes may require backup Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for picking service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and configuring high-availability Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
VoIP Integration for Telecommuters
Expanding the company phone environment to accommodate teleworkers is critical to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice products are used by small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or older products for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to design or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer advanced support to help organizations optimize their current Cisco VoIP systems to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers advanced telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia software deployed throughout the network. CUCM manages additional mixed media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, visit CUCM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with users working outside the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and deliver as-needed configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide range of video conferencing platforms from major technology companies enable virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist you to maintain your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Webex and for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with features such as IP voice and video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting services for these products and
assist you to optimize your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful environment of applications that create a cohesive user interface for sharing information across a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first publication and can help your company to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to enable collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-based access to content, business processes, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build secure portals that enables at-home workers to see and edit consolidated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting services, visit deployment consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can retrieve them securely through a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to co-edit documents. Revisions created offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent offers affordable remote support for helping businesses to create, manage and optimize cohesive hybrid network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, remote workers, branch offices, plus cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers resolve issues with cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for public cloud services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over 100 cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure for telecommuters by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity software and cloud services available by subscription. Office applications and cloud services are provided in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from students and households to large corporations. Progent offers fast and easy remote contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help your business to assess the various subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Office 365 integration support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to get you past tough technical roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have easy and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's consulting expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, refer to Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's leading provider of cloud services. Progent offers fast and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can help your business to design, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to build a high-uptime network model so your users have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the road. For details about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading collection of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your mission-critical applications cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify access control for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also assist your organization to use GCP's unified management technology to administer and track your Google Cloud environment. To find out, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Remote Workers
A fast, organization-wide transition to a from-home workforce, which could be motivated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses to outsource or supplement their Help Desk Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services utilize Progent's nationwide network of remote technical support specialists combined with world-class ticketing and tracking software to provide an economical, state-of-the-art Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 desktop support from service requests through trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to track or edit the status of their current trouble tickets, add information, and upload screenshots or attachments. Support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with complex problems. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service allows you to augment your current Call Center team by sharing delivery of Help Desk Call Center support services seamlessly between your in-house support personnel and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk service is based on a collective support model utilizing the number one professional services automation platform for managing help requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your company to deliver world-class IT support to your teleworkers, refer to Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security for Remote Workers
Teleworkers commonly run their personal computers and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires careful use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the creation of policies that follow leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can help your company to design, deploy and administer a modern security solution that protects vital data in IT networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network that can be securely utilized by local users as well as by telecommuters, mobile employees, vendors, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and manage different access rights to different groups of users and to scale your network and modify your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats become more sophisticated. Progent works with both new and older firewall appliances from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration expertise, refer to firewall support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the various computers utilized by telecommuters and either reject or identify and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each secured endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning to identify new threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the impacted endpoint from the network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay protected even when they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all classes of outside and local security threats for an environment that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for rapidly and economically detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be managed by network security experts with top certifications such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your workflows and governance policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to enable you to design the highest level of security for your at-home workers.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical data so as to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time in the event of storage problems resulting from hardware issues, software hiccups, operator error, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for teleworkers must cover multiple types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick online access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and features granular restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies often envision scenarios that call for a temporary changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning consultants can help your company to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a unified solution for safeguarding critical information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and validate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for permission to access data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share information, establish threat protection, verify security compliance, and erase corporate data from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To find out about Intune and how Progent can help you to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your at-home workforce, see Intune teleworker device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management platform that helps network managers to keep remote endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for identity control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment through a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Kansas City, Missouri organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.