Expanding your at-home workforce may have a major effect on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of background helping businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Kansas City organization to select the right technologies and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent offers services that go from on demand guidance for getting you past occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Kansas City, Missouri organizations to with any facet of building a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Call Desk outsourcing, data security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be especially complex if you must manage a combination of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote support for both legacy and modern IT products in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist you to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to create a secure tunnel for authorized at-home employees to access IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a broad range of devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a teleworker to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives network managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for integrating routers from a range of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting the whole family and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create performance as well as security problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering services like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP setup help.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Mission-critical processes might demand backup Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for selecting ISPs, choosing appropriate service packages, and configuring high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Telecommuters
Extending the corporate phone system to include remote users is vital to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice products are popular with SMBs to server teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or older products for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to plan or tune a remote VoIP service that provides the flexibility, transparency and protection needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer high-level support to assist businesses tune their existing Cisco VoIP environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers high-end telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed across the network. CUCM supports other mixed media services like messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, visit Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help your company to support your current CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, see Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients working beyond the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your wide area network architecture to work with these solutions and provide as-needed integration and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies support online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist you to manage your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to support your at-home employees. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include voice/video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for other Office 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging services for these products and
assist your business to tune your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, providing a rich ecosystem of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for exchanging information across multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can help your company to deploy these critical collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to facilitate collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-based access to data, workflow, and utilities for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create protected portals that allows at-home workers to see and update consolidated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, go to SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange support services, go to deployment consulting for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can access them securely via a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to jointly author documents. Edits created offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote support for helping organizations to build, maintain and optimize integrated hybrid network architectures that combine internal data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, plus public cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers resolve issues with cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of public cloud software and services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure features more than 100 cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create secure access to Azure services for remote workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity software and cloud services available by subscription. Office applications and services are provided in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from students and small offices to large enterprises. Progent offers fast and easy remote contact with consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help your business to assess the various subscription plans available for Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing you to create hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for as-needed help to guide you through tough IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your teleworkers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's top source of cloud services. Progent can provide fast and economical online contact with cloud integration experts who can help your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to build a high-availability network architecture so your users have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular suite of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to extend your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can help you make your critical applications cloud ready so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline identity management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist you to utilize GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your GCP ecosystem. For information, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Teleworkers
An emergency, organization-wide transition to a telecommuter workforce, which might be the result of an epidemic or as a component of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Support Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow businesses to outsource or expand their Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services utilize Progent's extensive team of remote IT support specialists along with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an affordable, advanced Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 PC support from service requests through trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to monitor or revise their current trouble tickets, add information, and append screen captures and relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent offers optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve complex problems. For more information, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Supplemental Service enables your business to supplement your current Support Desk organization by splitting delivery of Call Center support transparently between your in-house support organization and Progent's nationwide team of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Center service is based on a collective support solution based on the number one professional services automation tool for managing service requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can help your company to provide world-class IT support to your from-home workers, go to Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
Remote workers commonly use their own equipment and work in a physically unsecured area. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and requires careful deployment of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security experts can help you to plan, deploy and manage a modern security environment that guards sensitive information in IT networks that incorporate at-home workers.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network environment that can be safely accessed by local users as well as by at-home workers, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage appropriate access rights to various classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks become increasingly complex. Progent supports both new and older firewall devices from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration services, refer to firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various devices used by an at-home workforce and either block or identify and respond to modern threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is put on every protected endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning to detect new threats at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the targeted endpoint from the network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints stay secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. For details about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all classes of outside and local security threats for an environment that includes telecommuters. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity analysis software for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be managed by network security experts with advanced credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your operations and policies and review your IT architecture to enable you to design the highest level of protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection involves saving and restoring critical information so as to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage problems resulting from hardware issues, software hiccups, human mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to design and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for at-home workers must address diverse types of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast online help from consultants knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/restore products supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data spread throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and features fine-grained restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically anticipate circumstances that require a temporary changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can help your company to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized environment for protecting corporate information by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile computers and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for accessing information and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how telecommuters share information, set up threat defense, ensure security compliance, and wipe corporate information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. For details about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your telecommuters, visit Intune mobile device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of new laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your Kansas City, Missouri company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.