Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a significant impact on IT architecture, security, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Kansas City company to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you past challenging technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Kansas City, Missouri companies to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, data security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be especially complex if you have to manage a mix of personal equipment such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering online support for both legacy as well as current technologies in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Services available from Progent to help your company to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to create a secure connection for authorized at-home employees to access IT resources located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow an at-home worker to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This provides network managers more control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online consulting for integrating routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by an entire household and guests, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance and security problems. Progent can help you to resolve these issues by delivering services like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Business-critical processes might require backup Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for picking service providers, picking appropriate service bundles, and integrating high-availability Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for Teleworkers
Expanding the company PBX environment to accommodate teleworkers is vital to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based VoIP platforms are popular with SMBs to support telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or older products for IP voice management. Progent can help organizations of any size to design or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that provides the flexibility, convenience and security required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer high-level support to help organizations optimize their existing Cisco VoIP environments to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers high-end telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional combined media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent can help your company to maintain your current CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, see Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with clients operating outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver online integration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from major technology companies enable online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to manage your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to support your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex and for other IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as voice/video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for other Office 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
help you to tune your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful environment of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user interface for exchanging data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can assist your company to tune these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-driven access to content, business processes, and tools for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build protected web portals that permits at-home workers to see and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, refer to SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange expertise, refer to planning and configuration consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can access them safely via a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to co-edit documents. Revisions created offline are automatically synced when you go back online. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent can provide advanced remote assistance for enabling businesses to create, maintain and repair integrated network models that incorporate internal data centers, remote workers, branches, and public cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with public cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of public cloud services that allows you to use infrastructure, servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure features more than 100 services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and plan data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure for telecommuters by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, see Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Office applications and cloud services are provided in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and households to major enterprises. Progent offers quick and easy remote contact with experts familiar with Office 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help you to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 consulting expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Office 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide as-needed assistance to get you through tough technical bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your telecommuters have convenient and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's support services for Office 365 Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the world's top source of cloud services. Progent can provide rapid and economical online access to cloud integration experts who can help your organization to design, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-uptime network architecture so your users have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud is a leading suite of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to extend your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your mission-critical applications cloud friendly so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage services, and streamline access management for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist your organization to use GCP's unified management technology to control and track your GCP ecosystem. For details, refer to Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Telecommuters
An emergency, enterprise-wide transition to a telecommuter business model, which might be the result of an epidemic or as an element of a business continuity plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Call Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or supplement their Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services utilize Progent's nationwide network of remote technical support experts along with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an economical, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from help requests through ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to check or revise the status of their current trouble tickets, enter details, and upload screenshots and relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent makes available the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with advanced issues. To learn more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service enables your company to supplement your current Support Desk team by splitting responsibilities for Call Desk support transparently between your in-house support personnel and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support solution utilizing the leading professional services automation platform for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For details about how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can help your business to provide world-class technical support to your at-home workforce, refer to Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Telecommuters
Telecommuters commonly use their personal computing devices and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and demands judicious use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the creation of security policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can help your company to design, implement and manage a compliant cybersecurity environment that safeguards critical information in IT networks that incorporate teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network environment that can be securely utilized by local users as well as by at-home workers, mobile employees, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances allow you to configure and manage different permissions to various classes of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks grow more complex. Progent supports both new and older security devices from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration expertise, go to firewall support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate devices utilized by at-home workers and either block or identify and respond to the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is put on each protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using advanced machine learning and full execution context to detect new threats before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the infected device from the network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoints remain protected even if they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and internal security threats for a network that includes remote workers. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity analysis software for quickly and economically uncovering a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be managed by network security experts with advanced credentials such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your workflows and governance policies and review your network architecture to allow you to design top-level protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
Data Protection involves backing up and restoring vital data in order to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in case of storage problems resulting from equipment breakdowns, programming hiccups, operator error, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for remote workers must cover diverse types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast online help from consultants knowledgeable about a wide range of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and features granular restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically anticipate circumstances that require a temporary changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist you to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized solution for safeguarding corporate data by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how teleworkers share data, set up threat defense, verify security compliance, and delete corporate data from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For details about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your telecommuters, see Intune telecommuter device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management product that helps network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies reporting and analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Kansas City, Missouri company, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.